University of Hawai’i College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hmm no i didn't receive that e-mail =( aww i'm sad now, and we're in the same boat with respect to our applications right? Or did you have a PCAT score from august or june on file? All my stuff is in except the supplemental (en route) and PCAT score.

Members don't see this ad.

pharmacy school + surfing north shore,sunset,pipeline,off the walls,waimei bay = stoked! :p

I love Hawaii! no more wetsuits and booties....woot woot!

has anyone else got a confirmation for an interview date?

i could have either chosen a site in las vegas for december 7th or 8, or at the school in hawaii a week or so later

looks like the las vegas sites are filled up...i'm going to have to fly to hawaii. anyone else interviewing at the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmacy school + surfing north shore,sunset,pipeline,off the walls,waimei bay = stoked! :p

I love Hawaii! no more wetsuits and booties....woot woot!

lol, you do know that Hilo is on the complete total opposite side of where all of that is and has about as much rain as Seattle, WA, right?

haha i have no idea where i said "hilo" in that sentence? As you can see, i said Hawaii and specifically North shore. :)

haha...you mentioned pharmacy school, therefore you mentioned Hilo :D

It should be more like... pharmacy school + one hour flight + surfing north shore = stoked

uh no haha....pharmacy school is one thing....surfing north shore is another thing. Hence "I love Hawaii" :)

lol then take PS out of your equation! so you're saying surfing = stoked. I'm down with that one! :thumbup:

Hmm...but i thought being in Hawaii allows me to do both pharmacy school and surf at North Shore,pipe,and omg pinetrees!. I guess not then :(

hmm no i didn't receive that e-mail =( aww i'm sad now, and we're in the same boat with respect to our applications right? Or did you have a PCAT score from august or june on file? All my stuff is in except the supplemental (en route) and PCAT score.

No, I voided August PCAT (no score option) :(.... Basically, I am in the same boat.. but their last interview dates is Dec 17, 18 at Hilo... May be we can beat that deadline... Otherwise,hope they have interviews in Jan. I Can't wait to hear from the school...:) Regardless, I am going to check back with them in about a week and a half regarding my supp and may be my PCAT result too... I hope I don't bother them too much:) December interview seem to be a good time because school is off, therefore, we can even have vacation there in Christmas :p.. but now anxiously waiting for Oct PCAT.....

No, I voided August PCAT (no score option) :(.... Basically, I am in the same boat.. but their last interview dates is Dec 17, 18 at Hilo... May be we can beat that deadline... Otherwise,hope they have interviews in Jan. I Can't wait to hear from the school...:) Regardless, I am going to check back with them in about a week and a half regarding my supp and may be my PCAT result too... I hope I don't bother them too much:) December interview seem to be a good time because school is off, therefore, we can even have vacation there in Christmas :p.. but now anxiously waiting for Oct PCAT.....

ooh december 17-18 would be perfect for me, it's after my classes are done and before I leave for Australia for Christmas. But hey I wouldn't mind January...but work might be a problem, especially if I get this new job I'm applying for--I can't afford being a poor pharmacy tech anymore =(

and PointBreak....yeah you can do all that, just add in the hour flight I mentioned above :thumbup:

haha i have no idea where i said "hilo" in that sentence? As you can see, i said Hawaii and specifically North shore. :)

Well, now I think that UHH College of Pharmacy is the only one of its kind in the UH system. So you may not have a choice.;)

But you can study medicine at UHM. ;) Unfortunately, there is no dental school in Hawaii and only one civilian dental residency down there, so it may be a little while before I go surfing down there.:(

what's the point of adding in "one hour flight"....i already said north shore, any surfer would know north shore is north shore...no explanations needed :laugh: what a killjoy haha

Members don't see this ad :)
what's the point of adding in "one hour flight"....i already said north shore, any surfer would know north shore is north shore...no explanations needed :laugh: what a killjoy haha

you could also go to kohala or waipio on the big island... the conditions aren't really all that great in hilo i hear.

i think people have this mentality that you can hop on the freeway and drive 15 minutes from Hilo to Oahu. It's a few hundred miles from one end to the other! Not everyone knows that.

well im not trying to explain it to everyone....like i said, if you're an avid surfer, "north shore" needs no explanation. If you know what i mean, then you do, if not, then you don't. All i'm trying to say is going to pharmacy school and being able to surf many parts of hawaii is awesome. Simple as that.

Hey the October PCAT scores just posted to PharmCAS... looks like you'll beat the December 3 deadline!

Hey the October PCAT scores just posted to PharmCAS... looks like you'll beat the December 3 deadline!

yeah... you guys are quick... Wonder how many of us SDN are obsessed checing studentdoctor.net .. :)

Hey guys, I got my confirmation for an interview on Sat Dec 8th in Vegas, anyone else going?? I haven't booked my flight yet though. :) G'luck to all

Hey guys, I got my confirmation for an interview on Sat Dec 8th in Vegas, anyone else going?? I haven't booked my flight yet though. :) G'luck to all

you're so lucky!! i didn't get the vegas spots...i got my confirmation yesterday and mailed in the form last friday..or thursday (i forgot which)
i have to dish out $500+ to go to hawaii. :( oh well...at least i'll get to see the campus...

Anyone else going? If you are, are you guys doing the optional luncheon? I'm excited (despite the fact that my finals start that Monday)...I got a great deal on my flight from Atlanta ($160 nonstop) to Vegas. I picked the Vegas dates because I've already got a ski trip planned for and paid for on the other dates (And tix to Hilo are $950 from Atlanta :(). Good luck on the interviews!

vegas dec interviewers get the cool teachers...Dr. Okamoto and Dr. Ma i believe. g' luck guys!

well they said, there 2 interview sites, one in Las Vegas and the other in Hilo, on the 7 and 8 and 14 of december....i got an email earlier today, its an in person interview, but like i said the school is only precandidate status, its already been pushed DOWN from candidate...that worries me alot
Schools can't get candidate status until they are open. A school that has precandidate status when interviewing for its first year class is on track and has done as much as possible to ensure that it will become fully accredited.

hi

i dont really come one here much but are there any other people here that are locals?

i am and will be applying this coming year just gotta finish my pharmcas

hi

i dont really come one here much but are there any other people here that are locals?

i am and will be applying this coming year just gotta finish my pharmcas

I am! Not born in Hawaii but I've lived here for 16 out of my 23 years. :p

Any current students there know if the profs that interviewing the students at Vegas are into their college football? Cause I sure am!!! (I'm sure itll make for good convo!) Congrats to the underrated warriors (at least in my opinion they are) and they'll take on my beloved dawgs at New orleans! (who I'm sure is geared up since they got "miraculously" overtaken by LSU and Oklahoma at the BCS). Should make some awesomely entertaining tv...especially with dawg fans tailgating in New Orleans and an 8:30 pm game lol.

Any current students there know if the profs that interviewing the students at Vegas are into their college football? Cause I sure am!!! (I'm sure itll make for good convo!) Congrats to the underrated warriors (at least in my opinion they are) and they'll take on my beloved dawgs at New orleans! (who I'm sure is geared up since they got "miraculously" overtaken by LSU and Oklahoma at the BCS). Should make some awesomely entertaining tv...especially with dawg fans tailgating in New Orleans and an 8:30 pm game lol.

Agree, it will make a great game. The Warriors are UH Manoa's(in Honolulu)'s team, just in case you didn't know...

What was with the screwy bowl selections though, seriously? Not to get off topic, but especially with a two loss team in the title game, Hawaii gets no title consideration and gets picked for the LAST BCS bowl? No love!!!

And how did Oregon State get the Emerald Bowl after finishing third in the Pac 10? And Illinois, not Arizona St, a BCS bid? :eek:

Oh gosh lets no talk about the selections...

Completely agree with the bowl selections...UH can't help their schedule; they were lined up to play Michigan and USC, to make their schedule a bit harder, but both of them pulled out even when UH said they would play on their arenas (lol both of them did this and pulled out div II teams, and im sure everyone remember appy state's victory over the wolverines)

I myself was looking for Arizona state to get the bid. Still disappointed that USC will be playing Illinois in the Rose Bowl (I'll get flamed from any USC fans and OSU fans)...bc if they win it'll be ohmygosh theyre the best team blah blah blah...still don't see how OSU got there again, they're overrated too. Again OSU Is 0-8 against sec teams...just for aquick thought. Ahhh. Finals start wednesday. I should probably be studying instead of blabbering on about football; besides bball season is already underway!

No "miracle" about it. BCS set up so that if you do NOT win your conference championship, you are not eligible for the BCS championship game...regardless of your rank. And uh...your Dogs should be worried...their DB depth is not sufficient vs UH's pass-happy offense...Dogs are going to have to score 40+ to beat the Bows...literally.

Ya know...attention to detail is VERY IMPORTANT in pharmacy. :D

Oh gosh lets no talk about the selections...

Completely agree with the bowl selections...UH can't help their schedule; they were lined up to play Michigan and USC, to make their schedule a bit harder, but both of them pulled out even when UH said they would play on their arenas (lol both of them did this and pulled out div II teams, and im sure everyone remember appy state's victory over the wolverines)

I myself was looking for Arizona state to get the bid. Still disappointed that USC will be playing Illinois in the Rose Bowl (I'll get flamed from any USC fans and OSU fans)...bc if they win it'll be ohmygosh theyre the best team blah blah blah...still don't see how OSU got there again, they're overrated too. Again OSU Is 0-8 against sec teams...just for aquick thought. Ahhh. Finals start wednesday. I should probably be studying instead of blabbering on about football; besides bball season is already underway!

ASU can blame their own Rose Bowl for sticking to the traditional Pac-10 vs. Big 10 game. If Rose had taken best possible team available (ie. Bulldogs - and they would have got SCRAPED by USC - whom I despise btw) then ASU would have been in...so the Pac-10 got screwed by their own affiliated bowl. Sad. And yes, I'm a Pac-10 alum...the true "Dawgs".:thumbup:

anyone else get info about the January interviews in Los Angeles?

anyone else get info about the January interviews in Los Angeles?

Hey .. confettiflyer. I got that by e-mail today. It's from January 9-12. Oh...that's the first week of class next semester... I couldn't believe it at first with my low PCAT score 59%!!

I will complete the invitation form and fax it to them tomorrow. But the low PCAT kind of put down my confidence level. :)because officially they won't accept the retake in January either.
But I'll let them know I will retake it. Do you think it's worth giving it try? Spending hundreds dollars for airfare from Atlanta to Los Angeles..

an interview is always worth it...don't gamble on skipping out and then not getting accepted to a pharmacy school (god forbid) when you could have potentially been accepted at hawaii

Hey .. confettiflyer. I got that by e-mail today. It's from January 9-12. Oh...that's the first week of class next semester... I couldn't believe it at first with my low PCAT score 59%!!

I will complete the invitation form and fax it to them tomorrow. But the low PCAT kind of put down my confidence level. :)because officially they won't accept the retake in January either.
But I'll let them know I will retake it. Do you think it's worth giving it try? Spending hundreds dollars for airfare from Atlanta to Los Angeles..

FYI They won't accept the faxed request....I did that and was told they would not accept it since it went to a different office. Your best bet for a quick reply is to fill it out, scan it, and attach it to an email (they will accept that) best luck of luck!

FYI They won't accept the faxed request....I did that and was told they would not accept it since it went to a different office. Your best bet for a quick reply is to fill it out, scan it, and attach it to an email (they will accept that) best luck of luck!

Yeap, that's what I did. Got that e-mail and I guess I'll be seeing some of you guys in January at LA :)

curious...where in LA are you guys interviewing at?

The school doesn't even know yet. All they're doing is booking the dates, but they're still determining the place. I just called them 2 hrs ago. They will let us know by e-mail as soon as it's determined.

FYI They won't accept the faxed requestYour best bet for a quick reply is to fill it out, scan it, and attach it to an email (they will accept that) best luck of luck!

Thank you, ScienceNerd. I just scanned and submitted the form by e-mail a few minutes ago.

no problem...I did the same thing and was told just to scan and email it. Good luck on your interview!

those of you guys getting interview in Jan, when did u send your supplementals?

those of you guys getting interview in Jan, when did u send your supplementals?

PharmCAS, supplemental and residency declaration form in early october. It'd really nice of the students interviewing in december would fill out the Interview Feedback section at SDN so that we can have an overall idea of how thigs go.

i still have to turn in the interview form.. i hope its not too late! does anyone know if vertebrate anatomy will count towards their anatomy requirement

do you guys feel safe about going to Hawaii???

do you guys feel safe about going to Hawaii???

lol, what kind of ******* question is that. "Hey guys, is it safe to go to DETROIT? COMPTON? OAKLAND??" is a better question.

anyone attending an interview on Jan. 12th in LA??