University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I posted on APVMA but got no answers so I'm going to post here!
I'm still a bit lost on what they meant lecture free?? I understand it's pre-recorded lectures but is that it? You have the lectures then read/study and prepare for hands on class? How do they present the material you need to learn?
From the way I interpreted the information session post-interview, they utilize team based learning where you learn the beginnings of the material outside of class then bring that knowledge to your group and take an individual quiz that you’ll review and discuss the answers of as a group. From there the professor will go over any clarifying points/go into further detail and you will review a case study pertaining to the topic! Basically you’re not sitting in lectures from 8-5 everyday of the week but are still getting just as much of an opportunity to learn and discuss with classmates and professors! It’s very different than most traditional programs for sure!

Members don't see this ad.

From the way I interpreted the information session post-interview, they utilize team based learning where you learn the beginnings of the material outside of class then bring that knowledge to your group and take an individual quiz that you’ll review and discuss the answers of as a group. From there the professor will go over any clarifying points/go into further detail and you will review a case study pertaining to the topic! Basically you’re not sitting in lectures from 8-5 everyday of the week but are still getting just as much of an opportunity to learn and discuss with classmates and professors! It’s very different than most traditional programs for sure!
Okay, I was curious cause it sounded a little like westernU. They do lectures at least once a week though but they do break you up into groups.

just to be clear, we aren’t expecting to hear final decisions till next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I believe Thursday or Friday??
The next admission committee meeting is March 25th. They said they might call that afternoon but most of the final decisions will be March 26th in morning/afternoon. They will call you if admitted and email you if denied/waitlisted.
This was the information provided during the MMI on March 12.

Reactions: 2 users
The next admission committee meeting is March 25th. They said they might call that afternoon but most of the final decisions will be March 26th in morning/afternoon. They will call you if admitted and email you if denied/waitlisted.
This was the information provided during the MMI on March 12.
Do you happen to remember how many acceptances they said they had sent out? When I had my interview in February they had only sent 28!

Do you happen to remember how many acceptances they said they had sent out? When I had my interview in February they had only sent 28!
My friend emailed them and they told her that there are 40 seats left, but she said they didn’t specify IS or OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
They told us at the MMI that there had been 300 interviews, 70 seats offered and going to offer a total of 115 with the class size ending at 110.
There will likely be more OOS than IS. The current ratio according the the students at the Q&A before the MMI is about 70:30 for OOS:IS

So how is everyone feeling this week about decisions being made? I have been on the edge of my seat all week!

Reactions: 1 users
So how is everyone feeling this week about decisions being made? I have been on the edge of my seat all week!
Super nervous since this is the last chance ❤️🤞

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so so nervous... I honestly am not listening to any hearsay or rumors for my mental sake lol. At this point, I am hoping for a waitlist and pray that the list moves for OOS. The finish line is so close.. yet so far.

Reactions: 4 users
I am such a bundle of nerves. Have been for the past two weeks. My coworkers and vets are on edge as well and have been asking nearly every day if I have heard anything yet. Best of luck to everyone!! Hopefully we all get acceptances!

Reactions: 5 users
I got my rejection email and honestly.. I am not surprised? There were only 40 seats left and it sounds like there are growing pains in this school that needs to be addressed. But it's okay, I have one more school to hear from and if not I will reapply to this school next year :) Goodluck everyone!!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I got my rejection email and honestly.. I am not surprised? There were only 40 seats left and it sounds like there are growing pains in this school that needs to be addressed. But it's okay, I have one more school to hear from and if not I will reapply to this school next year :) Goodluck everyone!!
I'm so sorry. Best of luck on your last school! I haven't heard anything yet 😭

Sorry to hear that! Your profile gif made me laugh.

I interviewed March 12th, but am gonna decline my offer to go to Purdue (if I get one). Arizona seemed great but the no lectures/3 year program probably still has some hiccups to sort out I'm sure. Good luck to those waitlisted or accepted :)

Edit: Waitlisted OOS from TX

Last edited:
Nothing yet for me. Waiting very impatiently😂 ahhhhh

I received a call this morning from admissions and I was ACCEPTED! I am an OOS applicant from Utah. Good luck to everyone!

You got this !!🤞❤️

Just got a rejection email. :( Was really hoping to get in this cycle. Congrats to anyone who got in !

• Care
Waitlisted. Not the worst news, but I was also hopeful for an acceptance. Oh well! I have an acceptance elsewhere so I will probably put my deposit down there and if I end up getting off the waitlist for U of A, I'll have to really weigh my options. Congrats to those who got in! Good luck to all!!

Haven’t heard anything yet, I’m gonna need a nice long vacation after all the stress these last 48 hours have caused me 😂

• Haha
I interviewed March 12th, but am gonna decline my offer to go to Purdue (if I get one). Arizona seemed great but the no lectures/3 year program probably still has some hiccups to sort out I'm sure. Good luck to those waitlisted or accepte

I interviewed March 12th, but am gonna decline my offer to go to Purdue (if I get one). Arizona seemed great but the no lectures/3 year program probably still has some hiccups to sort out I'm sure. Good luck to those waitlisted or accepted :)
I feel the same way 😅 I haven't heard from them but I'm pretty set on western U

I feel the same way 😅 I haven't heard from them but I'm pretty set on western U
I work with a recent western grad and she is one of the best vets I know! Her clinical skills are absolutely incredible!

Just got notified that I’m on the waitlist, they won’t be releasing ranks. Kinda frustrating but it’s better than nothing!

I got waitlisted! Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist and how it gets decided?

I got waitlisted! Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist and how it gets decided?
Kinda annoyed they won’t list ranks... it would be nice to know if we had a chance of getting off or not lol

Wait-listed so that pretty much makes my decision unanimous!! Best of luck to you all!! I wish you well and hope to come across you all in the field as my colleges 😁 I know you'll can do it! It took me 2.5 years to get in, you can do it.

Waitlisted. Found out when I was literally covered in maggots so if that isn’t a sign of how this admissions cycle is going idk what is.

I'm pretty bummed out - will anyone who is on the waitlist please post in SDN/APVMA on facebook if they get called/emailed for a seat? 😭