UNC Pharmacy Fall 08' Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,
Congrats on acceptance to either UNC or the Elizabeth City part of the UNC school. Please search UNC Pharmacy 2012 on facebook and join the group if you have been accepted to either part of the school of pharmacy. It gives you a chance to see who you will be joining in the fall and ask questions to make sure everything goes smoothly before we being. Thanks and I hope to put a face to all these names I see on this forum. See you in the fall. Congratulations again to all those who have been accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

I think there were 3 options on the supplemental. "I only want to be considered for the CH campus only", "I prefer the CH campus but would consider EC", and "I only want to be considered for EC only" (haha, I can't imagine anyone putting this last one). Either way, I sort of regret picking the 2nd option. I feel like if I'd said I'd only consider CH, they would have gotten back to me faster. I have a feeling they put people who would consider EC dead last on the decision list while they fill up the spots in Chapel Hill who said "CH only" who are similarly qualified. It's logical but pretty unfair, imo.

I decided to just stick with EC, because it'd be insane turning it down. I just wish they'd give a waitlist ranking before you had to make the decision. I really had my heart set on CH. Oh well.

i really regret putting down that i'd consider the ECSU campus too. :(

oh well....

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided to just stick with EC, because it'd be insane turning it down. I just wish they'd give a waitlist ranking before you had to make the decision. I really had my heart set on CH. Oh well.

I had 2 friends apply last year and both got waitlisted and they were able to find out what their placement on the waitlist was. It might not be available until later after everyone has specified their choice, but I'll be happy to ask them how they found out.

I finally heard something from UNC. After interviewing at the first session on Dec 17th, they had a solid 3+ months to decide to put me on wait list. I look forward to getting a definite response in the summer...

...good luck to everyone else waiting

That was a long wait. Three months? That's crazy. I have been waiting for a month now. Even a month is killing me very pleasantly. lol~
AlmostThere07, I am sorry to hear that you got waitlisted. At least you got accepted to some other good schools.
Good luck!!!

I had 2 friends apply last year and both got waitlisted and they were able to find out what their placement on the waitlist was. It might not be available until later after everyone has specified their choice, but I'll be happy to ask them how they found out.

That would be great! Did they get in eventually or go somewhere else? TIA

For peple who have been put on wait list-last year they ranked the list and sent everyone their number. I don't know if they will do it this year. In the past they did not rank. I think, ranking is very helpful and lets you assess you chances of getting in pretty well. I wish you luck.

That would be great! Did they get in eventually or go somewhere else? TIA

one of them got in like the week before school started, the other didn't and reapplied this year

I am an out of state student but have applied for in state residency at UNC because I have been going to school here for several years now. I have been accepted into the program but have not heard anything about residency. Is anyone else in this position and do you have any information? Thanks!

do you know what number they were each ranked on the waitlist??

The one that got in was 9th or 10th on the in-state waitlist. He said he got the first email saying he was waitlisted, then later in the semester he got another email that included the number. Then he got a call about a week before oreientation, and he said he knew other people that got the call even later, like a couple days before.

Got my acceptance letter from UNC! :banana: I really wasn't expecting it that fast!

Now I have to decide if it's worth moving there. I hate this decision making! :scared:

Got my acceptance letter from UNC! :banana: I really wasn't expecting it that fast!

Now I have to decide if it's worth moving there. I hate this decision making! :scared:

Congrats!! When did you get your acceptance letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanx! I actually got it sometime over spring break (last week) and it's dated March 17. Sucks because I wasn't here over spring break so I basically had one less week to think about it!

Is there anyone who is accepting admissions into the ECSU program?

UNCboy,
They give degree in pharmaceutical science before we complete PharmD. It is after 2 years, I think, definitely, before graduation. They told us that it is done specifically to make sure that people who don't complete PharmD for whatever reaon will have some other degree that they can use.

That's a great idea! So even people who do not complete pharmacy (PHarmD) get another bachelors degree from UNC if they have first bachelor degree? Anyway, so you are saying that no one can leave with no degree? Is this done because they kick a lot of people out of the PharmD program? Just curious.

Are there people who stop after 2 years and choose to not complete the pharmD program? Or do they not make it through and not eligible to complete the program?

Attrition in UNC pharmacy school is very low, but a few people can not complete the program for different reasons. It is good that they can have a degree.

There's an extra spot now for those of you still waiting! I decided I liked the program here more.

Good luck to you future Tarheels! :D

People who sent in their acceptance letters to UNC, have you heard anything back ? I made the Feb.22nd deadline for accepting. Have not heard anything back other than saw my deposit check cashed in.

Other than seeing that my deposit had been accepted, the only other thing I have seen is on your studentcentral account. I don't know if you have set up your onyen yet, but that is what it is linked through. It says Grade Summary for Professional Pharmacy. Other than that I haven't heard or seen anything. Does anyone know about when we find out our class schedule?

I did Undergrad at UNC and live near UNC. So they were my first choice. I can not see the supplemental form now. But what I recall from memory is that I did not show any preference and left it to them. My PCAT is low 90s (read it very low 90) and GPA under 3.2. I did not think I would get into UNC. I did have great LORs from UNC professors. Luckily for me, I was offered a spot at Ch Hill.....For me it is-state, fee is half of every where else plus a school with a great name and a great college town.....woooohhhhhhooooo.

Good luck to every one who is waiting. I can feel your pain. I had to do it for 10 days after the interview.

Congrats on your acceptance!! Your GPA was under 3.2 ?? so, does that mean you still passed that 3.0 mark?? did you get a bachelor's from unc or did you just do the 2-year pre-reqs?? sorry i know i'm asking alot of questions, but I just wanted to know 'cos UNC is my top choice for pharmacy school, and i'm in-state too:) I appreciate any info you could give me!:) Thanks!

have you guys looked for apartments? anybody knows where is a good place to look for?

thanks

Congrats on your acceptance!! Your GPA was under 3.2 ?? so, does that mean you still passed that 3.0 mark?? did you get a bachelor's from unc or did you just do the 2-year pre-reqs?? sorry i know i'm asking alot of questions, but I just wanted to know 'cos UNC is my top choice for pharmacy school, and i'm in-state too:) I appreciate any info you could give me!:) Thanks!

4 yrs BSc Biology at UNC. 3.2>GPA> 3.00.

Has anyone heard anything from UNC? I sent my deposit and they cashed it, but other than that I haven't heard anything else:rolleyes:

I am glad that someone asked that question too. I haven't really heard anything at all. Seems like they would have sent us an email or something at least.....

I have not heard anything either--just know my check was cashed--so I took that as a good sign.

actually people who have degrees already won't be elgible for this program. i remember that specifically saying that

if you're talking about the ecsu partnership thing, this isn't true. i was accepted to this program; i have a bs in bio and have been working out of school for a year. i honestly don't know what that dual degree thing is. i hope i dont have to do extra classes on top of the pharmd ones because of it. people seem really against the whole partnership thing though. maybe they'll get rid of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for decent housing in the area?? Please!!

You're right--lots of good information.

For anybody needing housing, I am looking for a third roommate for a townhouse approx. 1 mile from campus and two minutes from the busline. Email me if interested and I can send some pics. Your bedroom can be furnished or not, and most of the townhouse is already furnished.

Looking forward to meeting everybody soon.

Hi Everyone! Congrats to all of you who got into UNC:)! I really want to go to UNC as well but I was put on the out of state waiting list. Just wanted to know how long they take to reply. I have completed all my pre reqs and have an excellent PCAT score and GPA plus a molecular biology degree with business minor so I was really depressed when I was put on the wait list :( I got accepted at University of Maryland but I have my heart still set on UNC. Please let me know if you know any details about the waitlist and till how long they let you know about your acceptance. Thank you so much!!