UIW Feik School of Pharmacy 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
elevenphoenix, may i ask how did your interview went? I have a friend who is under similar situation as you, did pretty bad undergrad, didn't get an interview invite until the last minute. He is waiting for his acceptance letter right now but he is not very confident about his interview since it lasted pretty short.

I felt like my interview wasn't STELLAR but it wasn't bad either. I'm generally pretty good at interviews but I was super nervous. Was your friend rejected or actually given an invite? Because I got a rejection letter (prior to interview) and was devastated. I'm just fortunate that they agreed to go over my application again and granted me an interview anyway.

My undergrad as a whole wasn't "bad," it's just those classes that they were looking at I made mostly C's/B's. In everything non-science related I made an A. My master's GPA was 3.9, I was just 18-20yrs old with no immediate goal in mind and did not take things as seriously as I should have at Baylor. But I'm older now and have a completely different perspective on things.

Members don't see this ad.

elevenphoenix, may i ask how did your interview went? I have a friend who is under similar situation as you, did pretty bad undergrad, didn't get an interview invite until the last minute. He is waiting for his acceptance letter right now but he is not very confident about his interview since it lasted pretty short.

And not sure what you mean by "short." My interview lasted about 45 minutes or so, I believe. I was really nervous though and felt like my interviewers didn't like me too much. I guess I was wrong though.

his interview lasted ~15 minutes, lol. But he did not get an automated rejection email or anything, he actually got an invite. All his undergrad are Cs/Bs also, but he does not have an MA or teaching experience, just pharmacy experience of 3 years and a bachelor.. ahhhh, so nervous!
Congratulations btw, I am currently a P1 so I will be seeing you next year =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I got my acceptance letter today too! My husband is super excited! Congratulations to you as well :D

I just checked my (snail) mail today and got an acceptance letter! I thought for sure it would be a rejection letter since it's so early but i'm shocked/ecstatic/super happy especially after being rejected initially...

Anyone else get a letter today???

Also, I live ridiculously close to the school (about a mile) so I may have gotten it super fast. It was postmarked on April 15.

And I can't even log into PharmCAS anymore so no idea what it says on there..

So if I didn't receive the letter today, does it mean I got rejected? I just run to my mail box but no letter :( Does anyone in Houston receive the letter today?? I am SOOOO nervous now :(

I got my letter today through mail!! I live in San Antonio and attend UIW, but I have friends that attend school outside SA and they haven't received it yet, so don't worry.

Congrats to everyone accepted :) Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

So if I didn't receive the letter today, does it mean I got rejected? I just run to my mail box but no letter :( Does anyone in Houston receive the letter today?? I am SOOOO nervous now :(

Don't give up hope! UIW does send out rejection letters, so you will still receive a letter if you are rejected. (Heck, I thought I was rejected since the letter was so small.)

I live relatively close to the campus, so that's why I probably already received my letter. Hang in there! :banana:

Don't give up hope! UIW does send out rejection letters, so you will still receive a letter if you are rejected. (Heck, I thought I was rejected since the letter was so small.)

I live relatively close to the campus, so that's why I probably already received my letter. Hang in there! :banana:

Thanks!

Don't give up hope, I'm sure the letters are on their way! and if not, I'm also sure that there will be people declining! I live in Austin so I received it today in the snail mail. Just like you elevenphoenix, I thought it was a rejection letter bc for one, it came into the mail, second, it was way too early and third, it was in a regular envelope so i was like "crap, a rejection letter"....for epople that still haven't received it, don't lose hope, it could still be on it's way and there's always people goin to decline it.

I am in Houston and I did not receive a letter yesterday either. I am hoping to receive it early this week....I am keeping hope alive :)
Congratulations to those whom have already received acceptance letters...I hope I will also be accepted. :xf:

dang, i really dont like being way out here in El Paso now lol. i dont doubt i'll get anything until next week!

I Live in spring, a little north of houston, and havent received my letter either yet. Hopefully Monday!

Members don't see this ad :)
his interview lasted ~15 minutes, lol. But he did not get an automated rejection email or anything, he actually got an invite. All his undergrad are Cs/Bs also, but he does not have an MA or teaching experience, just pharmacy experience of 3 years and a bachelor.. ahhhh, so nervous!
Congratulations btw, I am currently a P1 so I will be seeing you next year =)

according to the interview invitation email, the 2-to-1 interview is supposed to only last 20 minutes :D so i'm sure your friend is okay! i don't think they are allowed to go over that time since interviews are scheduled every 30 minutes and the interviewers need at least 10 minutes to talk it over or write any final comments on their sheets.

Congratulations to all who got accepted!!! I look forward to meeting you all in the fall. Enjoy your summer...because you hit the ground running once school starts.

GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UIW Feik School of Pharmacy
Class of 2013

I hope you guys get your acceptance letters today!!!!!

Mine came in a thin evelope so don't have a heart attack upon opening it like I did, haha.

Congratulations to all of you!
I live in California, hopefully i'll get something today :) :xf::xf:

Did anyone in Houston receive an acceptance letter today?

I live in Missouri City, TX (a suburb of Houston) and I got an acceptance letter in the mail today! YAY!

Just curious, for those of you that were accepted already, did you hear anything from PharmCAS as to whether you were accepted or was it just the letter in the mail?

Hell YA! just got my letter, see ya'll in the fall! Good luck to those still remaining.:D

Just curious, for those of you that were accepted already, did you hear anything from PharmCAS as to whether you were accepted or was it just the letter in the mail?

I just got a letter in the mail, I haven't received anything through email or PharmCAS.

Just received my acceptance letter!!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

Grats to everyone that got acceptances!!

Nothing today for me, but will def be stalking the postman tommorow!

anyone in the McAllen, Mission or Edinburg Tx area get a letter today?

Congrats everyone!!! For those who are still waiting, don't lose hope!

still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope tomorrow will be the last day of this stress, if not then may be this week is last week for this stree to end.
:confused::scared::xf:

anyone outside of Texas get an accepted letter yet?

I am a almost complete second year student here, and I just want acknowledge that we are all working hard for what we want. So dont let the little disrtraction of time get you down, you be you and that's what is important. Keep asking and inquireing about what you really wan, some like that and others say, they are sharing too much,
Just live it and have a good time, you are right next door, we meet for lunch some day.
You guys hang in there, and thank God every moment you get a chance to. It will be here faster than you think<<-----

k, take care

Is anyone concerned about the school's accreditaion status like I am?

Is anyone concerned about the school's accreditaion status like I am?

no not at all, i'm very confident that the school will gain its accreditation. I just can't wait to hear from them! Congrats to all who have made it so far, i hope i'm blessed with the same good luck tomorrow. El Paso should be considered in another state in terms of mail lol

I live in Northwest of Houston and I received my letter today. See you guys in the fall. Good luck to those who are waiting.

Congrats to you and to everyone accepted so far! I look forward to meeting you all! :soexcited:

Congratulations to those who got accepted. I was wondering if those who got accepted could share with everyone their stats (GPA, PCAT scores, pharmacy experience, etc)? Thanks in advance.

Anybody here live in Dallas?? I checked my mail already, I only see flyers and nothing else... this is frustrated:mad:

Congratulations to those who got accepted. I was wondering if those who got accepted could share with everyone their stats (GPA, PCAT scores, pharmacy experience, etc)? Thanks in advance.

GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 58
Pharmacy Experience: 6 yrs hospital pharmacy

GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 82
PHARMACY EXPERIENCE: 2 years in a pharmacy/health center

Does anyone know if there's a shuttle that takes students from the UIW main campus to the pharmacy building throughout the day?

Does anyone know if we'll have to be in San Antonio from Aug. 10-13 for the Orientation? Do we pick one of those days or is it something that we'll have to be there for all four days?

GPA: 3.1
PCAT: 78
Pharmacy Experience: 3 years at CVS pharmacy.

Does anyone know if we'll have to be in San Antonio from Aug. 10-13 for the Orientation? Do we pick one of those days or is it something that we'll have to be there for all four days?

My letter says that attendance is mandatory at all orientation sessions.

you have to be there all week - consider that the first day of class, since its mandatory

For all those that gota accepted, Congrats!!
We have a facebook page started up for you "UIW Feik school of Pharmacy c/o 2014"
if you join there, you can what ever you want from current students, its a private page for students only

I am a current P2

see you guys in august!!

Accreditation status - ACPE just did there final visit April 6-8, we will here the status in July. But if you have seen our program, you will know everything is in order.

Not sure which GPA is being asked for, but my B.S. GPA was 3.05 and M.A. GPA was 3.9. Post-bacc is 4.0.

I made a 67 on PCAT (didn't really study, oops).

And 0 pharmacy experience.

I have to take the calc-based Physics class this summer, is anyone else in the same boat?