UIW Feik School of Pharmacy 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! Can anyone please let me know what was this year's supplementary application essay questions for feik school of pharmacy? THANKS EVERYONE!!

Members don't see this ad.

JUST FYI - The drive from the airport to the school is about 10mins.

PharmacyLover: As far as i remember, the only essay for admittance was on the PharmCAS portion, and that's only the personal statement.

PharmDad, thats good to know, thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my invite last week as well. I'll be there on the 5th bright and early. :D

Good Luck Everyone!! :luck:

current uiw pharmacy students, what do you guys like about the school?

does anyone has idea about writting section or essay topic, the one UIW give students during interview process?

For my interview, it somewhat mimicked the impetus for the personal statement, but they could change it up. Don't stress over it, I think they're looking more for how well you can write under pressure when you don't have the help of an english major critiquing for grammar and content. Good luck to all those getting interviews!

Hi everyone, just wanted to see how everyone thought their interview went. Also, what are your stats?

Hi everyone, just wanted to see how everyone thought their interview went. Also, what are your stats?

My interviewers were quite intimidating compared to the other interviews I've been to. The process wasn't too long although I wish we could've had a presentation on the curriculum.

My interviewers were quite intimidating compared to the other interviews I've been to. The process wasn't too long although I wish we could've had a presentation on the curriculum.
They were intimidating!! I think I was the first person done in the first morning session, I left around 9:30. I think the critical thinking test was very similar to Tech's so that didn't bother me. And, the writing was something that you should already be familiar with if you're serious about pharmacy. I felt like my interview was very short, and they didn't seem to take notes like other schools, just wrote a score in a little box next to the question (from what I could tell from across the desk lol) and no, I couldn't see any of my scores. I believe they have a somewhat in-depth look at the curriculum on their website, the only thing I wouldv'e liked wouldv'e been a tour of the facilities.

Last edited:
The people that I interviewed with were very nice and it was not intimidating at all. After completing the interview and skills test, I had asked a volunteer for a tour and they grabbed a pharm student hanging out in the lobby. Took bout 10 mins since the school is only one building.

Members don't see this ad :)
They were intimidating!! I think I was the first person done in the first morning session, I left around 9:30. I think the critical thinking test was very similar to Tech's so that didn't bother me. And, the writing was something that you should already be familiar with if you're serious about pharmacy. I felt like my interview was very short, and they didn't seem to take notes like other schools, just wrote a score in a little box next to the question (from what I could tell from across the desk lol) and no, I couldn't see any of my scores. I believe they have a somewhat in-depth look at the curriculum on their website, the only thing I wouldv'e liked wouldv'e been a tour of the facilities.

If you wouldn't have been so hasty to leave, you probably would have gotten a tour. Unless they changed things, they give tours of the building after the first round of interviews are finished.

If you wouldn't have been so hasty to leave, you probably would have gotten a tour. Unless they changed things, they give tours of the building after the first round of interviews are finished.
I actually wasn't hasty to leave. I asked a pharmacy student if there was anything else planned after we had finished our interview and computer portion. I was told that if I was finished with both then I was done for the day and could go meet the shuttle bus. There was also no mention of a tour during the morning talk that we had before our writing exercise and there was no mention of it in the e-mails we were sent, though the e-mails did mention the tests that we would be given. I wouldn't have just left the interview if I had thought there was anything left to see/do. I really enjoyed UIW and would have jumped at the chance for a tour, had I been offered one or told to stick around for one.

maybe we had same interviewers! haha..i was a little bit intidimated too..I wasn't sure if they were not happy with me...or...I just got too scared..(??) anyways, glad it is over, but I am waiting everyday for the result! I was so impressed with the school and the staff at the interivew and hope to hear from them soon.......(crossing my fingers)

I actually wasn't hasty to leave. I asked a pharmacy student if there was anything else planned after we had finished our interview and computer portion. I was told that if I was finished with both then I was done for the day and could go meet the shuttle bus. There was also no mention of a tour during the morning talk that we had before our writing exercise and there was no mention of it in the e-mails we were sent, though the e-mails did mention the tests that we would be given. I wouldn't have just left the interview if I had thought there was anything left to see/do. I really enjoyed UIW and would have jumped at the chance for a tour, had I been offered one or told to stick around for one.

Did you get a chance to speak to any of the pharmacy students? I spoke to a few and was offer a tour.

That's real strange. There have always been tours on interview days in the past once the school was finished being built.

maybe we had same interviewers! haha..i was a little bit intidimated too..I wasn't sure if they were not happy with me...or...I just got too scared..(??) anyways, glad it is over, but I am waiting everyday for the result! I was so impressed with the school and the staff at the interivew and hope to hear from them soon.......(crossing my fingers)

Just so you and everyone else that got interviews don't worry yourselves into a benzodiazepine prescription, they won't send out letters before the end of April and possibly into May. They got a later start on interviews this year.

I felt a little intimidated too. I thought that the interviewers would have taken more notes as well, so I'm not really sure how important my actual answers were (or their uniqueness) if they were just checking off boxes. At least none of the questions were unexpected or weird. I was just a bit nervous.

I went to the PM session and saw maybe 5 or 6 Pharm students mingling with interviewees but no one said anything specifically about a tour nor was one offered.

I wonder how many students interviewed had degrees? Or higher degrees?

As for stats, my GPA isn't the best and my PCAT is in the average range but I have a B.S. (gpa 3.05) and M.A.(gpa 3.9).

Last edited:
I felt a little intimidated too. I thought that the interviewers would have taken more notes as well, so I'm not really sure how important my actual answers were (or their uniqueness) if they were just checking off boxes. At least none of the questions were unexpected or weird. I was just a bit nervous.

I went to the PM session and saw maybe 5 or 6 Pharm students mingling with interviewees but no one said anything specifically about a tour nor was one offered.

I wonder how many students interviewed had degrees? Or higher degrees?

As for stats, my GPA isn't the best and my PCAT is in the average range but I have a B.S. (gpa 3.05) and M.A.(gpa 3.9).

I don't know about this year's applicant pool, but about half of my class had degrees and a handful had graduate degrees or had been working on a graduate degree.

If you were not offered a tour of the building it is fault to the pharmacy students volunteering at the time. The pharmacy students are there to set your nerves at ease and to answer any questions you may have. We are also there to offer tours of the facilities. I apologize on behalf of my colleagues that didn't offer tours, I hope this doesn't influence your decision in any way. Our building is top of the line!! Hope all who interviewed get a chance to see it, when you are here in the Fall!

GOOD LUCK!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
UIW Feik School of Pharmacy
Class of 2013

I actually got a tour after asking two pharm students and i Absolutely lovedd the place. I got to also meet other staff that were around that day. If there are anyone else getting interviewed make sure to ask for a tour! :)

For all those patiently waiting, and those that can barely contain themselves, I've heard the date the letters are going out is April 30th. Before that, the school will not tell you anything past needing other things that weren't received yet. Rest easy, try to put it out of your mind until the end of the month and prepare as well as you can for finals. Prepare early because you know that as the date approaches, your focus will start to slip and you want to make as good a showing on your finals as you can.

That, IrishRxMan, is some of the best news i've heard all week. But i do remember Dr. Coleman mentioning that to us lol. The suspense is killing me!

Thanks for the info...I just can't wait. I think I am overstressing myself :boom:waiting for acceptance/rejection letters.

yeah..i wish i can know earlier..dont want to be so bummed out with my hope T.T :xf::xf::xf::xf:

This may or may not make you feel better. There is nothing you can do at this point to better your chances of getting admitted at any school. This is out of your hands and control. The dean will not be pressured by anyone or anything on admissions. Just try to put it on the back burner as much as you possibly can and focus on the classes you are in so you do well on finals.

Do any of you guys know whether it's possible to be rejected from UIW after the interview? I had heard somewhere that if you got an interview, no one was "rejected" per se and everyone who wasn't immediately accepted gets put on wait list.

Anyone know the validity of this?

Do any of you guys know whether it's possible to be rejected from UIW after the interview? I had heard somewhere that if you got an interview, no one was "rejected" per se and everyone who wasn't immediately accepted gets put on wait list.

Anyone know the validity of this?

well I heard from other school, that interviews are quite promising for admission, but there is not gurentee about admission.
Well there is another thing out of 200 person for interview there may be 20% or 30% student do not accept acceptance since they choose other schools too.
One more thing, if you remember Dr. coleman said, on the day of interview (03/26) that they interview 200 people and take around 100 or 105. so, the chance of getting in the school are very high.
This school has good policy that out of 2 student they interview one has chance to get in. If you see other schools they probably intervie around 350 or 400 student for 85-90 seats.
so as far as i know our chances of getting into UIW Feik school of pharmacy are very high. just hope for the best and rest relax and do well in your classes right now if you are in school taking pre-requisites.

hope that help bit.

:):):):):)
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

This may or may not make you feel better. There is nothing you can do at this point to better your chances of getting admitted at any school. This is out of your hands and control. The dean will not be pressured by anyone or anything on admissions. Just try to put it on the back burner as much as you possibly can and focus on the classes you are in so you do well on finals.

:thumbup:

Best of luck, everyone!

There's around 12 different things that the school looks at when it comes to admissions. All of these get converted to a numerical value and added up. The dean, along with the admissions committee, set the bar for acceptance, wait list and rejection. It's a safe bet that if you didn't get an interview you wouldn't be wait listed, but rejected. As for if you get an interview, I don't know if they reject anyone after that. It would depend on how well the applicant did on all the 12 areas or if they said something in the interview that raised a red flag.

Do you know the 12 different areas? I remember them saying something around 7 areas a couple of years ago.

I have a unique situation; I was sent an automated rejection letter initially (pre-req GPA being too low) but I emailed them asking if they would take another look at my application as I've worked very hard since the classes I took when I was 18-20yrs old and have accomplished a lot more than probably the average applicant. They ended up giving me an interview.

So I was just wondering if they send out actual "rejection" letters post interview or if everyone not accepted is "waitlisted." I had assumed the latter but I've read posts from other people applying to other schools saying that they received an actual rejection letter after the interview. Just curious!

Also, my pre-req GPA was only too low after PharmCAS averaged it. I really hate PharmCAS.

I remember Dr. Coleman saying that there were a total of 240 individuals being interviewed for 100 or so spots...just keep your fingers crossed, I am waiting anxiously myself :xf:

This is only the second or third year they have used PharmCAS and I don't know if it will be kept in use or not. Being wait listed isn't a death sentence. I can't speak for this last class, but I know for the first three classes they went pretty deep into the wait list. I can assume that next year they may not have to go so far into the list after the school gets accredited. If you do get wait listed, you can always call the office of admissions and ask where you are on the list. I think they'll tell you where you stand, but don't quote me on that.

When I interviewed, they said we can check our "admission status" on PharmCAS. They said it would be there first, saying if we got accepted or waitlisted, etc.

I was messing with PharmCAS and don't even see where that would be listed. Did anyone else remember them saying this??

When I interviewed, they said we can check our "admission status" on PharmCAS. They said it would be there first, saying if we got accepted or waitlisted, etc.

I was messing with PharmCAS and don't even see where that would be listed. Did anyone else remember them saying this??

Yeah, I remember them saying that but I can't find anything on PharmCAS either that would indicate that.

They did say that it would be posted on PharmCAS on April 30th, and that would be the place to check, and I have no idea where to check either. Lame.

This waiting process is killing me. I check my email may be 15-20 times a day to see if I got accepted or rejected:confused::smuggrin:

I also remember Dr. Coleman saying that when I interviewed on March 5th, but I was under the impression that the acceptance letter would be viewable under the messages section of Pharmcas, just like how you can see the messages and reminders that Pharmcas sends throughout the application process. I thought that they send the letter via the Pharmcas messaging system and through email. I guess we'll see soon enough :) Good luck to everyone!

I just checked my (snail) mail today and got an acceptance letter! I thought for sure it would be a rejection letter since it's so early but i'm shocked/ecstatic/super happy especially after being rejected initially...

Anyone else get a letter today???

Also, I live ridiculously close to the school (about a mile) so I may have gotten it super fast. It was postmarked on April 15.

And I can't even log into PharmCAS anymore so no idea what it says on there..

oh wow..congrats!!

So I'm assuming more people will be hearing early in this coming week.

By the way, how long do they give you before you have to pay the $500 deposit?

500$ by Friday, May 7.

Like I said, I live incredibly close to the school so I'm sure you guys will get something by Monday/Tuesday.

And this is coming from someone who got an automated rejection letter initially, so I'm sure you guys will get in. I never thought I would get in, I thought they were just giving me a pity interview since I got my M.A. at UIW. I just sucked at my first couple of undergrad science classes at Baylor and the way PharmCAS averages things my pre-req GPA came out super low :/

500$ by Friday, May 7.

Like I said, I live incredibly close to the school so I'm sure you guys will get something by Monday/Tuesday.

And this is coming from someone who got an automated rejection letter initially, so I'm sure you guys will get in. I never thought I would get in, I thought they were just giving me a pity interview since I got my M.A. at UIW. I just sucked at my first couple of undergrad science classes at Baylor and the way PharmCAS averages things my pre-req GPA came out super low :/

Ahh cool. Well i'm sure being a graduate of their school helped you a ton. And ya know what, crap happens. I've had a few bad semesters myself, but life goes on.

Now only if they werent that expensive! Obviously in the long run though, price will not be an issue; the education and career that we're getting ourselves into greatly supplants any price.

I got it today!!! I'm so excited! Good luck and congrats to everyone!!

I'm already so indebted by Baylor, what's another 150K? haha. I got a full scholarship for my M.A. so meh I don't care what the cost is. This is the only school I applied to because I enjoyed the campus/university so much while getting my M.A. I didn't want to go anywhere else. Plus, I have a sweet house in such close proximity to UIW and I don't want to give that up either.

I've been a high school science teacher for the past 3 years and cannot wait to go back to school full time.

Have you guys already taken the calc-based physics class? I have to take that this summer, despite already having 8hours of alg-based physics :/

Nope, have not taken the calc-based physics. I have the alg-based physics just like you. If I understood correctly, we just need the lecture part of Cal-Based Physics I.

elevenphoenix, may i ask how did your interview went? I have a friend who is under similar situation as you, did pretty bad undergrad, didn't get an interview invite until the last minute. He is waiting for his acceptance letter right now but he is not very confident about his interview since it lasted pretty short.