Uinversity of Maryland Eastern Shore SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks a lot guys...I was just wondering how many students would be on waitlist and my chance of being accepted...

Members don't see this ad.

Too excited for you both!! God is tewwwwww much!! bam bam... congrats!! And you were stressing ha you better praise him, now the part that requires wisdom getting through pharmacy school!! I know you are very very happy..

hahah yeah i really was stressing! i've been praying for this for the past couple months and i'm so very thankful that everything worked out :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i think if you're in the waitlist... you have a good chance of getting in... it's kinda like in a deadline right now.. most of the students probably accepted offer from different school.. UMES is kinda late in picking candidates.. i wish they have roster or inputs of students that got accepted in their website...

i think if you're in the waitlist... you have a good chance of getting in... it's kinda like in a deadline right now.. most of the students probably accepted offer from different school.. UMES is kinda late in picking candidates.. i wish they have roster or inputs of students that got accepted in their website...

You are most definitely making a good point in terms of that though!! That's why they need to move alot faster in these interviews and acceptances. But, they are though they are not calling people anymore to let them know they have been accepted so turn around time has become about 5 days now!! Which is alot better

I was wondering if anyone has been recently contacted by UMES for an interview or heard anything about future interview dates. My January PCAT scores (99% composite score) seem to finally be getting to the schools, and I was hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Did you get an interview invite as of yet?

For those who have been officially accepted!! Please write on the thread titled UMES Official Class of 13 stating:
Your hometown (if Maryland, what hometown) if parents are from another country state that as well:
Your GPA:
School you attend:
Hobbies:
Pet Peeves( in relation to roommates)
Why you chose UMES?
This will help us get to know each other alot better before August 9th, 2010!! Looking forward to hearing the answers. Stay blessed

Did you get an interview invite as of yet?

Nope. It seems as if they're not very interested in an Ivy League candidate with a decent PCAT score. Although, to be fair, my prereqs haven't been completed yet and my GPA is only a tenth above 3. The package was good enough to get into medical school (10 years ago), though.

Nope. It seems as if they're not very interested in an Ivy League candidate with a decent PCAT score. Although, to be fair, my prereqs haven't been completed yet and my GPA is only a tenth above 3. The package was good enough to get into medical school (10 years ago), though.

I'm surprised you haven't received an interview, 99%, IVY league school is very stellar! Like you said perhaps it's how much of your prereqs you have to go. They are still interviewing into May so I would give Mrs. Fowlkes a calll to inquire.

How many prereqs do you need to complete? And they are pprobavly getting to your name very soon just watch

Hi all.....I have a question for u guys.....I got accepted in both UMES and LECOM (ERIE)......Both are accelarated schools and tutions are almost same.........Which one should I go for........Plz Help!!!!!
Thank You

LECOM (Erie): Accepted:thumbup::thumbup::love:
UMES: Accepted:thumbup::thumbup::love:

Hi all.....I have a question for u guys.....I got accepted in both UMES and LECOM (ERIE)......Both are accelarated schools and tutions are almost same.........Which one should I go for........Plz Help!!!!!
Thank You

LECOM (Erie): Accepted:thumbup::thumbup::love:
UMES: Accepted:thumbup::thumbup::love:

Where are you from? Also what school appeals to you the most. Congrats though you should join the UMES Class of 2013 facebook group

All I can say is that winter in Erie is way colder than I can stand.

Members don't see this ad :)
I currently do not even have a facebook but I may consider creating one so I can join, I am just not that interested in that kind of stuff

The group name has been changed to UMES Pharmacy Class of 2013!! Add yourself if you have not done so as of yet

Finally an interview!!!! May 7th here I come! When I was scheduling my interview date, I asked how many students were already accepted, and Ms. Fowlkes told me that they didn't even accept half so far, which is strange that it is so far in and over half are not yet accepted.

Finally an interview!!!! May 7th here I come! When I was scheduling my interview date, I asked how many students were already accepted, and Ms. Fowlkes told me that they didn't even accept half so far, which is strange that it is so far in and over half are not yet accepted.

Goodluck & congrats! Be yourself & show them you want this :D

UMES is being very selective as they have waitlisted and rejected some...

Congrats!!

Please also let us know how many people are in your interview. So that we see if they are going in overdrive or not.

did anyone receive the financial aid package... i think deadline is may...

Hurry up and join facebook as pertinent information will be sent out from there from Ms. Williams-Fowlkes. The group is now closed and you will have to request to joing as this is the official site for UMES Class of 2013. Have a great rest of the week!!

Here;s the link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102559563113997
P.S. Tell your friends that have been accepted as well to join!! Thanks

I think there is one on the 19th because when Ms. William-Fowlkes called to schedule my interview, she told me that the 2nd and the 19th were available dates. Of course I chose the earliest option :D

i ♥ pharmacy;9552568 said:
I think there is one on the 19th because when Ms. William-Fowlkes called to schedule my interview, she told me that the 2nd and the 19th were available dates. Of course I chose the earliest option :D

You haven't been accepted yet?

So, I've started to check out apartments down there and I'm looking for 2 female roommates. The apartment I'm looking at specifically is a 3 bed, 3 bath in Salisbury for and it comes out to ~$400 per person + utilities.

Please PM me if you're interested and we can see if we can work something out :)

I'm trying to get down the lease ASAP because from what I hear, they raise the prices in mid-may.

So do you have to be accepted to join the facebook group?

I believe you are welcomed to join, although I think it's closed, so you may need to request to join from the admins...newdoctorintown or Mrs. Fowlkes. I could be wrong though.

I believe you are welcomed to join, although I think it's closed, so you may need to request to join from the admins...newdoctorintown or Mrs. Fowlkes. I could be wrong though.

Yea, it is better if you are accepted first, but Ms. Fowlkes will be monitoring that when everything is done. But as for now, feel free!!

i ♥ pharmacy;9560162 said:
So, I've started to check out apartments down there and I'm looking for 2 female roommates. The apartment I'm looking at specifically is a 3 bed, 3 bath in Salisbury for and it comes out to ~$400 per person + utilities.

Please PM me if you're interested and we can see if we can work something out :)

I'm trying to get down the lease ASAP because from what I hear, they raise the prices in mid-may.

Yes prices do go up boo!! Get a move on it, also post it on our facebook page.

does anyone know how many students have been accepted so far?

i ♥ pharmacy;9561091 said:
what happens after the cbc?

You will get an e-mail after your CBC clears from Mrs. Fowlkes about your immunizations record. You have to complete and send the form to the health center at UMES by July 31. Plenty of time though. After that we just have to look out for further info from her such as housing (even though many of us have started looking), orientation info etc....:)

You will get an e-mail after your CBC clears from Mrs. Fowlkes about your immunizations record. You have to complete and send the form to the health center at UMES by July 31. Plenty of time though. After that we just have to look out for further info from her such as housing (even though many of us have started looking), orientation info etc....:)

And of course financial aid package!!

I just went to the interview today! There were 8 people there...I really hope I get in b/c i absolutely loved the campus :). How long did it take for you guys to hear back?

I just went to the interview today! There were 8 people there...I really hope I get in b/c i absolutely loved the campus :). How long did it take for you guys to hear back?

Check your mail by friday; they have been moving really really fast!!

Seems like no decisions will be made this week. Dean Blanchard is still in London!! Ah all this ash in the air!! Wow!! Let's all pray that he gets back safely though nonetheless.

Most probably within 7-10 days in snail mail....:D Good Luck:)

did Mrs. Williams mention how many students were accepted so far?

Good luck! It took about a week for me to hear back from them.

BTW, I love the campus, too, but I am so blown away by the faculty. They are absolutely amazing. :)