Uinversity of Maryland Eastern Shore SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i interviewed on march 5th, I haven't heard anythg yet...should I consider it as a rejected?

No don't say that until you get that rejection letter!! If the seat is for you, God will grant it trust me!!

Members don't see this ad.

No don't say that until you get that rejection letter!! If the seat is for you, God will grant it trust me!!

Just got snail mail, am on the waitlist....:scared:, which is unranked, and my friend is rejected, another extended anxiety, am praying if I could be accepted @ LECOM, will have interview on 04/07:xf:.

God has nothing to do with it... it's the Admissions committee who decides if the seat is for you. Although I guess you can extend that into the admissions committee being godlike.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was curious if anyone who will receive financial aid knows when it will be distributed, at the start of the semester or before or after.... Anyway, thanks in advance.

God has nothing to do with it... it's the Admissions committee who decides if the seat is for you. Although I guess you can extend that into the admissions committee being godlike.

Wow, really God created the admissions commitee and created the people who make up the admissions comitee. So I was just giving her a bit of encouragement because things like admissions are clearly left in my Lord's hands. He does everything for a reason!! Trust me and by the way were you accepted into UMES? Just curious!! God bless

I was curious if anyone who will receive financial aid knows when it will be distributed, at the start of the semester or before or after.... Anyway, thanks in advance.

Yes, it will be disctributed 4-6 days before august 25th and also another one in January!! Please recheck from the info I posted online earlier concerning notes from UMES!!

Just got snail mail, am on the waitlist....:scared:, which is unranked, and my friend is rejected, another extended anxiety, am praying if I could be accepted @ LECOM, will have interview on 04/07:xf:.

Wow!! They have started rejected people, what is really good!! Waitlist crazy go and ask them why? I guess they have accepted all of their students.

ms william folkes called and i asked her about the status... they haven't decided all 60 students yet.. they have far more interviews to go.. i believe she said about half is accepted so far... don't lose hope guys. i believe there is about 50 more people to interview and 30 more to choose... alot of the students may be accepting offers in different school. i think running interviews until may is little late because vast majority of the students probably accepted the offer from different school.. don't lose hope... i personally think waitlist is at least a good sign because there is a chance... some are rejected so.... i think since it's a new program... alot of waitlist people will be accepted

keep trying people.. if there is a will, there is a way!

if it is over a month after the interview and you haven't received a phone call or email... CALL MS WILLIAM FOLKES!!!... and ask about the status... staring at the phone will get your stress up.

ms william folkes called and i asked her about the status... they haven't decided all 60 students yet.. they have far more interviews to go.. i believe she said about half is accepted so far... don't lose hope guys. i believe there is about 50 more people to interview and 30 more to choose... alot of the students may be accepting offers in different school. i think running interviews until may is little late because vast majority of the students probably accepted the offer from different school.. don't lose hope... i personally think waitlist is at least a good sign because there is a chance... some are rejected so.... i think since it's a new program... alot of waitlist people will be accepted

if it is over a month after the interview and you haven't received a phone call or email... CALL MS WILLIAM FOLKES!!!... and ask atatus... staring at the phone will get your stress up.

Did you know most students who interviewed and applied to UMES are from Maryland. Which means in-state tuition will be $25,108 precisely for only 3 years. That is only $75,000 in loan. The cost of attendance that UMES offers is the best compared to any other school. Up front through government loans they give you $37,000 then they also allow you to apply for Graduate plus loans for extra money. Trust me that most students who are granted acceptance to this awesome school will accept!! You will be very surprised and the statistics she gave you are for those who already paid their deposit just an fyi!! I'm sure you have already recieved your acceptance, but for the rest still waiting just bomb the interview, have really good statistics and God will grant you access to be a part of the class of 2013. Check out the facebook group and join by the way!! Happy easter!!

So, I received an email with my "missing" courses...well one of them really wasn't missing and the other I had added to my pharmcas for whatever reason. I called and explained this situation but have not been called for an interview. I am wondering if they are still giving out invitations? Or have I been rejected? I think if I was rejected that they would have not sent me an email with my missing items. I don't know though..??

So, I received an email with my "missing" courses...well one of them really wasn't missing and the other I had added to my pharmcas for whatever reason. I called and explained this situation but have not been called for an interview. I am wondering if they are still giving out invitations? Or have I been rejected? I think if I was rejected that they would have not sent me an email with my missing items. I don't know though..??

I also received an email regarding my deficiencies. It seems like I may not be considered for admission, as I would have to complete a prerequisite during the summer, something that UMES probably wouldn't accept. Also, I would have to take the TOEFL soon, despite a 99% verbal ability score and good (I'm being a little modest) English skills.

I also received an email regarding my deficiencies. It seems like I may not be considered for admission, as I would have to complete a prerequisite during the summer, something that UMES probably wouldn't accept. Also, I would have to take the TOEFL soon, despite a 99% verbal ability score and good (I'm being a little modest) English skills.

That's confusing. I don't see why they would waste all of that time sending out those e-mails to people they aren't going to invite for interviews...??

Wow!! They have started rejected people, what is really good!! Waitlist crazy go and ask them why? I guess they have accepted all of their students.

no the class is not full yet

they have 19 accepted students as of last week, some rejected, some waitlisted, some undecided

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on April 2nd, and I was told 19 students have been accepted, and 67 students have been interviewed so far.

I just have to make a note on this thread of how EXPENSIVE this school is. The in-state tuition is 21 thousand while the total out of state tuition with fees is 47K (FORTY-SEVEN THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!) Make note that this does not include other expensives such as housing (~10K with utilities) or food and other expenses (health insurance, cell phone, etc). All in all you are paying around 60 thousand per year for a PharmD degree if you are out-of-state and 30 thousand plus if you are instate. All this to make 100K a year and you'll be in debt forever really. Do your self a favor and dont rip yourselves off -- they aren't even accredited.

I interviewed on April 2nd, and I was told 19 students have been accepted, and 67 students have been interviewed so far.

im trying to figure out who you are...i've narrowed it down to 3 people since you're a dude haha idk which one you are though

I just have to make a note on this thread of how EXPENSIVE this school is. The in-state tuition is 21 thousand while the total out of state tuition with fees is 47K (FORTY-SEVEN THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!) Make note that this does not include other expensives such as housing (~10K with utilities) or food and other expenses (health insurance, cell phone, etc). All in all you are paying around 60 thousand per year for a PharmD degree if you are out-of-state and 30 thousand plus if you are instate. All this to make 100K a year and you'll be in debt forever really. Do your self a favor and dont rip yourselves off -- they aren't even accredited.

Are you out of state? I believe it is good for Maryland residents then?

Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard anything from march 29 interview yet?:oops:

i ♥ pharmacy;9496297 said:
im trying to figure out who you are...i've narrowed it down to 3 people since you're a dude haha idk which one you are though

Keep tryin! :laugh: j/k I've figured out who you are.

i ♥ pharmacy;9496297 said:

check ur inbox

Im not sure if ur in state or out of state but i think the in state tuition is fairly cheap compared to other schools. If you are out of state, though, you do have a point.

Wow so many comments since I've been on. I do agree with Qweebie that instate is fine because alot of those cost are "estimated". Housing folks we have to take in account that everyones price will be different depending on where you live. So goes with food, and other expenses. Books we can't control, at least for now but I think it's fair to say someone instate can pay under $30,00/year. Even out of state, tuition maybe high, but again they are estimating your other expenses, but it doesn't necessarily equate to $60,000! That's just ridiculous! On that note those still waiting just be patient for GOOD news, can't wait to meet everyone come fall :D

Wow so many comments since I've been on. I do agree with Qweebie that instate is fine because alot of those cost are "estimated". Housing folks we have to take in account that everyones price will be different depending on where you live. So goes with food, and other expenses. Books we can't control, at least for now but I think it's fair to say someone instate can pay under $30,00/year. Even out of state, tuition maybe high, but again they are estimating your other expenses, but it doesn't necessarily equate to $60,000! That's just ridiculous! On that note those still waiting just be patient for GOOD news, can't wait to meet everyone come fall :D

Well if you are out of state then the minumum for tution is going to be 47K according to the website. I estimate housing costs at around $700 plus depending if you get a house or get an apartment (more money). Then food and other expenses and I am pretty much accurate in my original estimation of $60,000.

That's confusing. I don't see why they would waste all of that time sending out those e-mails to people they aren't going to invite for interviews...??

They send it to every single applicant just so that you are aware they have recieved your information

Thank you newdocintown....You just boost me up....and you are absolutely right: It is in God's hand....

why are we talking about tuition and fees... once you get the pharmacist degree, i say within 5 years you would pay off your loan, may be 2 years if you work double... it's a six figure job.... i don't know why people are complaining about tuition... get in to the pharmacy program, finish the program, then worry about the money... 60k a year sounds a lot but that will be nothing if you are 23 and making six figures...

lets get back to the point of talking about acceptance and preparatory needs we need to accomplish....

i've check my acceptance letter and it says that the prerequisite courses must be finished by july 19.. that means if you can take 1st portion of the summer class where it's held til july.... i think my school first portion summer school starts at june 1 to july 3... so i guess you can take summer school....

did anyone get a call yesterday from dean blanchard?

i ♥ pharmacy;9510096 said:
did anyone get a call yesterday from dean blanchard?

Why did you congrats? I'm sure they have started or will be doing alot of calls tomorrow. UMES is going overdrive with interviews everday!!

i've check my acceptance letter and it says that the prerequisite courses must be finished by july 19.. that means if you can take 1st portion of the summer class where it's held til july.... i think my school first portion summer school starts at june 1 to july 3... so i guess you can take summer school....

Yep yep 1rst session summer school will be everyone's best bet!!

Thank you newdocintown....You just boost me up....and you are absolutely right: It is in God's hand....

Oh you welcome darling!! Never a problem. I'm sure ill be seeing you in the fall. Prayer changes things!! Stay blessed!!

why are we talking about tuition and fees... once you get the pharmacist degree, i say within 5 years you would pay off your loan, may be 2 years if you work double... it's a six figure job.... i don't know why people are complaining about tuition... get in to the pharmacy program, finish the program, then worry about the money... 60k a year sounds a lot but that will be nothing if you are 23 and making six figures...

lets get back to the point of talking about acceptance and preparatory needs we need to accomplish....

Haha I like you, you must be very mature!! Loving your statement but yea the hardest part is getting in and staying in. Which we all need to work on as of right now. Tuition can definitely get paid off in 2 years, check out the pharmd programs and find out now!!

Why did you congrats? I'm sure they have started or will be doing alot of calls tomorrow. UMES is going overdrive with interviews everday!!

unfortunately, no :( i just noticed that everyone that has posted they were accepted received a call on a wednesday, and i believe adcom met on tuesday, so that's why i was wondering

i ♥ pharmacy;9512351 said:
unfortunately, no :( i just noticed that everyone that has posted they were accepted received a call on a wednesday, and i believe adcom met on tuesday, so that's why i was wondering

Oh tru tru!! It's all good, it's coming dont worry!!

if it is over a month after the interview and you haven't received a phone call or email... CALL MS WILLIAM FOLKES!!!... and ask about the status... staring at the phone will get your stress up.

Thanks ddukeeh :thumbup: for your positive comment for us, for the waitlisteds, anyone here waitlisted so far? or anyone who declined acceptance? I am instate and only need to drive 2 hours from home to UMES. I interviewed @ LECOM on 04/07, I think need only a week to hear from LECOM and will decide then, cause i am impressed in LECOM for the NAPLEX passing rate and, almost equal tuition fee for instate and out of state($22,000) and fully accredition status, I really wanna be @ UMES badly tho :scared:

Hi wht,

Did you have an interview, I know we talked briefly but wasn't sure if UMES interviewed you, well I assume they would first. Anyway you should have a good chance of being re-evaluated and accepted considering the fact that UMES just started waitlisting & rejecting candidates. I wouldn't be too frantic yet as there is plenty of time. I wish you the best because I would love to meet you in the fall. :)

when is the first day of school? i know orientation is aug 6? is that our first day?

when is the first day of school? i know orientation is aug 6? is that our first day?

According to Mrs. Williams-folwkes, orientation in Monday August 9-13th, and official day of classes begin the following monday August 16th. Our white coat ceremony will take place that weekend following orientation, unless the school changes dates.

I got an e-mail from the school the other day saying that I had passed my background check and at the end it said that information on housing would be sent shortly. I was just wondering if anyone else had received this information and what was/will be included with it.

I got an e-mail from the school the other day saying that I had passed my background check and at the end it said that information on housing would be sent shortly. I was just wondering if anyone else had received this information and what was/will be included with it.

I believe we will be getting that info within the next 2-3 weeks? No one has received it yet, but at my visit to UMES recently Mrs. Fowlkes also said to be looking out for our financial adi packages for those that have already been accepted. This will come probably within the next week or so...

I just got wait-listed. i am very disappointed i don't know if i will have a chance.

Thanks for the info fiestychix. And btw, getting waitlisted is not rejection so keep your hopes up heaven

My friend and I both received our acceptance letters today! :)

i ♥ pharmacy;9520487 said:

Congratulations lady! I knew you could do it :D

I just got wait-listed. i am very disappointed i don't know if i will have a chance.

Just like Qweebie said, it's not a rejection so don't be discouraged, I'm sure you will get re-considered again as there is still plenty of time left for the interview process. I'll keep you in my prayers :luck:

i ♥ pharmacy;9520579 said:
Thanks! I'm so excited to see you guys in August! :)

i'm so tempted to reactivate facebook just to join the fb group, but i think i'll wait until after finals haha

go ahead hurry and join!!

i ♥ pharmacy;9520487 said:
Too excited for you both!! God is tewwwwww much!! bam bam... congrats!! And you were stressing ha you better praise him, now the part that requires wisdom getting through pharmacy school!! I know you are very very happy..

Just like Qweebie said, it's not a rejection so don't be discouraged, I'm sure you will get re-considered again as there is still plenty of time left for the interview process. I'll keep you in my prayers :luck:

Thanks a lot fiestychix03 for the concern and your prayers! I don't really wanna go anywhere except UMES!