Uinversity of Maryland Eastern Shore SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I got a call this afternoon from Mrs. Williams-Fowlkes for an interview on March 1!!! So excited, for all of you waiting to hear back from UMES, hopefully it is soon because they just received all my info like last week! Goodluck folks :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I got a call this afternoon from Mrs. Williams-Fowlkes for an interview on March 1!!! So excited, for all of you waiting to hear back from UMES, hopefully it is soon because they just received all my info like last week! Goodluck folks :luck:
Great news!

Would you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted PharmCAS and sent in your supplemental? Thanks! :)

Good luck! Keep us posted!

i ♥ pharmacy;9237492 said:
Great news!

Would you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted PharmCAS and sent in your supplemental? Thanks! :)

Good luck! Keep us posted!

My PharmCAS GPA is a 3.3 and I got a 70 on my PCAT. UMES literally received my PharmCAS app and supplemental Feb 3! That was fast I think..but yes I will keep everyone posted :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
You submitted PharmCAS on the 3rd? Or that's when they received it?

i ♥ pharmacy;9237821 said:
You submitted PharmCAS on the 3rd? Or that's when they received it?

That's when they received it. PharmCAS was e-submitted 1/05, and my GPA was calculated exactly two weeks later (1/18), then an extra week to mail out to my schools (1/25), so in all UMES's response time was 1 week for me!

Clearly UMES is doing things backwards.... I guess they are looking at the most recent applications whether then ppl who have applied since September-December..... Its gettin kinda late in the season so they do need to get it together.... However congrats to all those that received interviews!

My PharmCAS GPA is a 3.3 and I got a 70 on my PCAT. UMES literally received my PharmCAS app and supplemental Feb 3! That was fast I think..but yes I will keep everyone posted :thumbup:

o congrats on pcat score

Last edited:
Clearly UMES is doing things backwards.... I guess they are looking at the most recent applications whether then ppl who have applied since September-December..... Its gettin kinda late in the season so they do need to get it together.... However congrats to all those that received interviews!

Yes sir, I believe you are absolutely correct on that one. They must be going backwards. Makes me wish I turned mine in last week for real.

Wow!! March 1rst, 2010 so they are doing interviews 15 days apart. I am getting a lil iffy about this school now. Congrats by the way!! It's all favor..

No they are doing them also in Feb. She offered me Feb. 22 but I told her if I can do it around the time I coming home to visit since I'm currently out of state for school. I believe ther's one Fe. 15, 22, and then March 1st may be the next one?!?

LMAO! Yes, that's HBCU's for you...you know what else is hilarious I wasn't born here but I came when I was 3 so I'm practically american...anyway they requested that I submit TOEFL! I'm like wth...I've gone through all my school here and never took ESOL...that's HBCU's for you :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I mailed in my supplemental, but I called today and the lady said they had not received it yet because they have a 2 week delay on all the mails that came in, thanks to the snow! FML

I mailed in my supplemental, but I called today and the lady said they had not received it yet because they have a 2 week delay on all the mails that came in, thanks to the snow! FML

Got interview invite today we thank God!! For March 22nd, 2010. I need some help thanks!!

Is there anyway you could give us any info on how your interview went or what their process is like. thank you very much

They called me yesterday and I have an interview for Monday, February 22nd, yay me!! lol

Hi guys!! I had the interview yesterday. I really want to share about how the interview was going and the questions.. but they asked applicants to sign the confidentiality agreement. And I think I have to respect their policy. I'm really sorry. Good luck guys on the interview.

Oh my lord every school is playing that little game now. Regardless its going to get out because someone is really really close to someone and spill all the beans. Well as for me I have no problem helping others so my feedback will be there. How many people were at your interview? At least let us know that.

Don't be mad at me....newdoctorintown.. :(
All eight people had the interview. There were three one-on-one interviews taking 25~30min each. Plus, 15min with the dean.
People in there were quite freindly. You will be asked to be yourself.
There was no typical questions. I think that is it. That's all I can do for you. I hope you do very well on the interview! Good luck.

So, I guess they will be able to do 120 interviews after all--so far we know of 4 interview dates, and at 8 people each day, that's 32 already.

I'm so mad at myself for submitting my application late! PharmCAS just mailed it out...!

SO is anyone going to the open house this weekend?

i ♥ pharmacy;9263171 said:
SO is anyone going to the open house this weekend?

i didnt know u had to RSVP, now it says its full :-(

did the class fill up yet? I'm waiting to hear from them

i ♥ pharmacy;9267414 said:
No, their first rounds interviews just started this past Monday.

When did you apply?

applied in December and sent in supplemental end of January ..when did you?

Has anybody been recived written notice about a rejection, I have applied and have herd nothing other than they have my application.

Has anybody been recived written notice about a rejection, I have applied and have herd nothing other than they have my application.

There are no rejections as of now that I know of. They started the interview process and that's about it. I have one for next monday and don't know what to expect?!? Goodl luck to you, hopefully you will hear from them soon, there's still plenty of time. :luck:

They got 800+ applications though !!!
120 interviews total, which will run into april/(may??)
60 seats
:scared:

Last edited:
Those that interviewed yesterday 2/22/10, can you give a little insight on the interview? Any essays, or more so just interviews with faculty, any group discussions?

So I just want to give/receive updates with UMES. The interview went very well for me but they said to expect to hear back from them anywhere from the day after your interview- 2 months! I'm hoping it doesn't take 2 months because as of my interview 3/1, they told our group only 10 have been accepted so far out of 60 seats to be filled. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that they have accepted 10 people already. I was able to attend the open house they had this fall and I felt pretty confident about the school then. Plus the faculty and staff seemed really nice. But after reading that they received 800+ applicants, I just don't know anymore. My stats are not that great, so I was banking on getting into UMES thinking that many people wouldn't apply (most people want to go to “established” pharmacy schools and this one is a new program). It seems like they definitely have more than enough applicants to choose from. No wonder I have not heard back from them yet; I applied in January (both PharmCAS and supplemental) and I have yet to even receive an acknowledgment of my application (application complete, what's missing, ect.). I'm just glad I applied to 9 pharmacy schools for fall 2010.

Not to argue, but my letter, March 3?, said they received around 600 applications so that may be a more up to date figure.

Did anyone check the UMES website for their tuition? out of state is nearly $50,000!!!!! Plus dorming!!! are they crazy?!?!?! ....I still want to go there though

They told me that if you divide the three years of tuition by four, the price is comprable to four years at other schools but 35,000 for four years is still high in my opinion. Anyway, I'm in state so the price is not an issue for me. I suppose you are out of state, if so, hopefully it doesn't keep you from going to UMES if it is your school of choice.

Cost of living is cheap on the Eastern Shore and in close location to Ocean City as well as DC & Baltimore! We all that are going should start a facebook page to start networking. :)

lol. too bad I don't have a facebook. I guess i could change that

Is anyone here required to take the TOEFL exam for UMES? I don't even know what that is, someone told me it's like an immigrant test or something.

The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is only required of students who are not residents of the US or that english is not their first language.

grrr, its $170 to demonstrate that I know english, than what the hell is the interview for?!?!?!?! I wish I knew earlier, I have until march 31st to take it and still be considered for admissions

grrr, its $170 to demonstrate that I know english, than what the hell is the interview for?!?!?!?! I wish I knew earlier, I have until march 31st to take it and still be considered for admissions

Yea, I was still a little mad I have to take it but on a good note I got accepted and I'm scheduled to take the test next saturday (march 20th!). i've lived in the US since I was three but hey, they won't make exceptions for know one...oh well :rolleyes:

If they require the TOEFL, stop bitching and just take the test!