Uinversity of Maryland Eastern Shore SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If they require the TOEFL, stop bitching and just take the test!

Ha ha, no one's bitching man, as far now I don't care cuz I've been accepted to UMES, the test will be a joke to me! lol :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Ha ha, no one's bitching man, as far now I don't care cuz I've been accepted to UMES, the test will be a joke to me! lol :laugh:

how long did it take you after interview for acceptance call?..... they said anywhere from next day to 2 months after interview.... i think realistically after a month... you should lose some hope...

i hope they call me fast...... anxiety kills me

Sorry, I went to one of the open houses, and all the people did was bitch and moan about that test for 20 mins. I just feel that you do what ever you have to in order to meet the requirments! Good luck with it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I was still a little mad I have to take it but on a good note I got accepted and I'm scheduled to take the test next saturday (march 20th!). i've lived in the US since I was three but hey, they won't make exceptions for know one...oh well :rolleyes:

You got accepted without taking the TOEFL first?

how long did it take you after interview for acceptance call?..... they said anywhere from next day to 2 months after interview.... i think realistically after a month... you should lose some hope...

i hope they call me fast...... anxiety kills me

Hey I got accepted within a week and a few days, interview 3/1..accepted 3/10! :D

You got accepted without taking the TOEFL first?

And Yes I got accepted, it's funny how I went through the interview and spoke "perfectly well", but still NEED to take the test, lol. Like I said they can't make any exceptions so it's all good, I'm in! :smuggrin:

I was wondering if anyone has been recently contacted by UMES for an interview or heard anything about future interview dates. My January PCAT scores (99% composite score) seem to finally be getting to the schools, and I was hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I was wondering if anyone has been recently contacted by UMES for an interview or heard anything about future interview dates. My January PCAT scores (99% composite score) seem to finally be getting to the schools, and I was hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

You should def. be hearing from them soon! They are holding interviews till the end of April possibly into May so there is still time. Also they are on spring break this week so don't be alarm if you don't hear anything during this week. :scared:

Don't be mad at me....newdoctorintown.. :(
All eight people had the interview. There were three one-on-one interviews taking 25~30min each. Plus, 15min with the dean.
People in there were quite freindly. You will be asked to be yourself.
There was no typical questions. I think that is it. That's all I can do for you. I hope you do very well on the interview! Good luck.

Did you get accepted as well? If so we have a umes class of 2013 page!!

Sorry, I went to one of the open houses, and all the people did was bitch and moan about that test for 20 mins. I just feel that you do what ever you have to in order to meet the requirments! Good luck with it!

yeah i remember...it actually kind of comical, but got to be somewhat annoying after a while. i definitely see where they're coming from, though.

I am excited my UMES interview is anybody else interviewing Monday?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
how many people were interviewed so far? how many are accepted?

took interview at 3/10... haven't heard anything yet.... hopefully i could get a call ......

Haven't been on here for awhile so I thought I say hello :)..how's the interview process going for everyone thus far...anyone still waiting? Wish everyone best of luck...oh yea join the UMES Class of 2013 on Facebook, created by newdoctorintown! ;)

how many people were interviewed so far? how many are accepted?

took interview at 3/10... haven't heard anything yet.... hopefully i could get a call ......

I interviewed on 03/10 too but I'm not too stressed cuz they were on spring break last week. Dont worry, we'll def hear some soon.

I interviewed on 03/10 too but I'm not too stressed cuz they were on spring break last week. Dont worry, we'll def hear some soon.

Yes you are right, they were on break so no decisions as of last week. You both and whoever interviewed recently, listen out for the call from Dr. Blanchard because it will be sooner than you think! And don't worry they still are interviewing till May so I assume there is plenty of seats, goodluck everyone & look forward to seeing you all in fall. By the way add yourselves to the UMES Class of 2003 on facebook, newdoctorintown created so we all can start to network with one another. :)

Yes you are right, they were on break so no decisions as of last week. You both and whoever interviewed recently, listen out for the call from Dr. Blanchard because it will be sooner than you think! And don't worry they still are interviewing till May so I assume there is plenty of seats, goodluck everyone & look forward to seeing you all in fall. By the way add yourselves to the UMES Class of 2003 on facebook, newdoctorintown created so we all can start to network with one another. :)

I was interviwed on Feb 15,was pretty smooth and I was very sure of my acceptance, I heard nothing from them tho, am I rejected or what:confused:, and will be @ LECOM for interview next week, I need UMES badly tho, how many students got accepted so far???

I was interviwed on Feb 15,was pretty smooth and I was very sure of my acceptance, I heard nothing from them tho, am I rejected or what:confused:, and will be @ LECOM for interview next week, I need UMES badly tho, how many students got accepted so far???

Hmmm, if I were you I would call Mrs. Williams-Fowlkes on monday, a couple us us had interviews later than you & got accepted. At the same time don't be discouraged because they are still interviewing till May so there should be still quit a few seat available. :luck:

Ps... Goodluck with Lecom, I'm in Erie right now but originally from Maryland & can't wait to be back home to go to UMES. :love:

you mind sharing your stats and what possibly went wrong.... i need patience but this is killing me..... anxiety waiting for phone call...

they said within 2 months on determining the acceptance so you still have time... but some person got phone call after 10 days of interviews....

at least you have other school to look for... i only applied to this school...:(

Oh yeah to be a little more specific, I had my interview March 1st and was told that 10 people were accepted thus far. So in feb. I beleive the interview dates were 12, 15, 22. It's the end of March and more interviews have gone on yet they were just on spring break so hopefully you should have been considered, like I said it won't hurt to call and inquire about your status.

Oh yeah to be a little more specific, I had my interview March 1st and was told that 10 people were accepted thus far. So in feb. I beleive the interview dates were 12, 15, 22. It's the end of March and more interviews have gone on yet they were just on spring break so hopefully you should have been considered, like I said it won't hurt to call and inquire about your status.

Actually they told us on the day, we were the second group(8 of us) and there was one group a week before, only 5 of them came because of the storm and 3 got accepted, but for me it could never be perfect more than that and they told me to wait when I called them. Anyways LECOM is another option :xf:

I applied late November, submitted supplemental application in Jan.

I got the invitation for interview on 15th Feb.

I guess we were on the same day, did you hear from them?

did anybody interviewed there and rejected the interview or accepted offer to different schools.... ?

I'm sure there may be a few..In my interview group two 3 people including myself interviewd somewhere else also, but I made up my mind to attend UMES because It will be great! Goodluck to you and hope you hear from them soon.

Actually they told us on the day, we were the second group(8 of us) and there was one group a week before, only 5 of them came because of the storm and 3 got accepted, but for me it could never be perfect more than that and they told me to wait when I called them. Anyways LECOM is another option :xf:
Yea there was definitely an interview on February 12th as well.

Just stay humble in this process, you can never be sure of your acceptance.

you mind sharing your stats and what possibly went wrong.... i need patience but this is killing me..... anxiety waiting for phone call...

they said within 2 months on determining the acceptance so you still have time... but some person got phone call after 10 days of interviews....

at least you have other school to look for... i only applied to this school...:(

Wow!! you only applied to UMES wow!! you definitely should of applied to at least 3 sorry to hear that. But, realistically yes you are right people did receive their calls after 10 days at the most some people one day. But, what is most likely going to happen is they will accept 60 then waitlist the next 60 from there. As people are not paying deposits and declining seats they will open up more for others to be called. So far, UMES has been receiving very good feedback because the people who were invited for interviews were extremely interested in going there. Yea their are even people contemplating over UMB vs. UMES, yea that's spectacular!! Just imagine, but seriously don't worry put all your worry on God and I promise it will all work out.

Do you personally know somebody who was accepted after 10 days of interviews?

There was also on interview on the 19th. Trust me as far as dates they are getting very scattered.

any acceptance calls over the week? i definitely need to call ms william folkes for an update...

Hi all I interviewed on the 29th. It was a great experience, and very low stress. I think UMES is going to have a great program. They told us that they have filled 18 of 60 seats as of the 29th. Good luck to all...now I am waiting to hear, hopefully good news!

Hi all I interviewed on the 29th. It was a great experience, and very low stress. I think UMES is going to have a great program. They told us that they have filled 18 of 60 seats as of the 29th. Good luck to all...now I am waiting to hear, hopefully good news!

that's so great to hear! Goodluck & can't wait to meet you in the fall when you get in! :thumbup:

that's so great to hear! Goodluck & can't wait to meet you in the fall when you get in! :thumbup:

Wow so 1/3rd of my future class is already filled!! What a blessing! I can't wait to meet all of them!! I hope they all joing umes class of 2013 on facebook.

Got a call from the Dean this afternoon. I'm IN!!!.....Thank God.

I interviewed on the 10th of March with my friend and we both got in....got the call right after each other too...isn't that fantastic?

To everyone else still waiting, you gotta hold tight and pray....prayer does things. U cant be too confident.,,y'all don't even wanna know my stats but hey...i have interviewed at six schools so far...1 rejected, 2 admissions, 3 still waiting...plus i still have Notre Dame coming up in a month's time. God is great!!!.

Oh yeah i'll join the facebook page as soon as the lent is over..lol

got a phone call too today 3/31... interviewed at 3/10... see you guys in august..... can't wait to do this....

Hey congrats don't forget to join our official facebook page, UMES Class of 2013!:)

Got a call from the Dean this afternoon. I'm IN!!!.....Thank God.

I interviewed on the 10th of March with my friend and we both got in....got the call right after each other too...isn't that fantastic?

To everyone else still waiting, you gotta hold tight and pray....prayer does things. U cant be too confident.,,y'all don't even wanna know my stats but hey...i have interviewed at six schools so far...1 rejected, 2 admissions, 3 still waiting...plus i still have Notre Dame coming up in a month's time. God is great!!!.

Ahhhhh!!! Yes he is haha!!

got a phone call too today 3/31... interviewed at 3/10... see you guys in august..... can't wait to do this....

Yay join the site now on facebook. wooo hoo my class is growing!! We thank God!! Start looking for housing, look out for University Park ASAP!!

I am so jealous of all you guys, I am still waiting for an interview, Pharmcas lost my pcat scores!!! UMES still hasn't received them and I'm going crazy!
Congrats to you all!!!

I am so jealous of all you guys, I am still waiting for an interview, Pharmcas lost my pcat scores!!! UMES still hasn't received them and I'm going crazy!
Congrats to you all!!!

How did you know pharmcas lost your scores? I'm asking because I suspect they lost mine too. I have not heard back from UMES and I'm worried. I even emailed them. By the way, some of my schools told me they didn't get my fall transcript.
UMES isn't replying my mails, I'm so worried!

i interviewed on march 5th, I haven't heard anythg yet...should I consider it as a rejected?

How did you know pharmcas lost your scores? I'm asking because I suspect they lost mine too. I have not heard back from UMES and I'm worried. I even emailed them. By the way, some of my schools told me they didn't get my fall transcript.

I was in the same boat, but (somehow) managed to speak to an admissions person on the phone. It seems that they still have a large number of applications that they haven't even looked at, yet, and are just now in the process of screening them. I was also told that if the Pharmcas page indicates that they've received your scores, UMES can just download them from their site.

The process seems really slow and arbitrary, though, which is no comfort for those of us still waiting for an interview.

First Temple contacted me and told me they don't have my Pcats so I send it to them through Pearson but Pearson doesnt have UMES's codes so then i resent it to Pharmcas. I keep calling UMES every week and they still didn't receive my scores, the other schools I applied to did but through Pearson but pharmcas.