UIC Pharm School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone :)
I'm just wondering if UIC still has yet to cash in anybody's checks? I sent my deposit via certified mail, and the status says that it's been delivered on April 17, but they still haven't cashed my check in yet according to my bank account. I called UIC and the lady who answered the phone just said that "they've received everything" without asking my name or getting any information from me:cool:. She also said that it takes awhile for UIC to deposit everyone's checks, but I noticed that some people have already had their checks deposited in April. Anyone else having the same problem:eek:?

my check hasn't been cashed yet either. I hand delivered it to the assistant dean about a week before the deposit and acceptance form were due and then emailed paula Fleming a couple days later for a confirmation. she said they received it, but the check still hasn't posted on my account and I haven't received anything from uic since. but they did just start taking people off the alternate list today though! a friend of mine just got in. so I'm guessing we will all be receiving an official letter of some sort soon. so I guess we all sit tight for now :D

Members don't see this ad.

Not to be mean, but don't you guys think that the front desk or office of student affairs of UIC SOP is very incompetent. I swear, everytime I call the front desk to ask a question, the girl in the front desk have no clue how to respond. For example, I ask call to ask a few question and every reponse was followed by a "i don't know." And regarding the check issue, I read one post earlier that the lady in the front desk said that they received the applicant's check without even asking the student what their name or SS was. How the hell would you know if the school received a check without having the student's name. And don't even get me started with Paula Fleming. Personally I just think that she is rude and inpatient. When talking to her, it seems as though she has an attitude problem and it seems that she hates her job. The reason I say this is because I've applied to numerous other schools before and the coordinator of each school that I've applied to is extremely helpful and nice. With that said, I love UIC school of pharmacy, just not too fond with the office of student affairs.

Am I the only who feels this way? What is your input?

they probably have received everone's checks, so they didnt have to ask for your info to check.
from what i know, they will call you if they have not received your checks.
we just need to be a lil patient. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My only problem with the OSA at UIC was that I got conflicting information on the immunizations from two different people. When I dropped off my deposit a guy in the OSA told me I should get my immunization sheet done as soon as possible. I made an appt. with my doctor and got all the stuff taken care of, but was wondering whether we would need a 2 step tB test or not since the sheet says that the 2 step test "may be required." I called the OSA to ask them if I would need the 2 step and some lady told me that we should hold off on the immunization sheet until after orientation because they would give us more information there. She never really gave me a good answer on whether I should get the 2 step. Hopefully I don't have to have my tB test redone now!

The 2 step tb test is required by certain rotation sites. It is required at Cook County. They do not know if you are going to need it or not at this point.

My deposit check was cashed today, fyi.

My deposit check was cashed today, fyi.

Choose LECOM-Bradenton so I can get off UIC's waitlist:) Plus, Florida vs. Chicago weather...I'd take sunny days over Chicago weather any day

Does anyone know what number the alternate list ran up to in the last yr or two? Right now it's at 18, but are there any hopes of it going up?

Does anyone know what number the alternate list ran up to in the last yr or two? Right now it's at 18, but are there any hopes of it going up?

i heard it's gone up to the 30's before... but honestly it's all up to chance. i dont really think there's a trend, but hey u never know!

A sign of life - I got my Financial Aid Award Letter (through e-mail) today. Hopefully we'll be hearing more soon!

It'll get to atleast 19, I sent in my rejection last week.

A sign of life - I got my Financial Aid Award Letter (through e-mail) today. Hopefully we'll be hearing more soon!

To anyone that is/was a UIC undergrad student, check banner! It changed our status to PharmD students:D Also, if u applied for FAFSA, the award letter is also posted in banner.

Okay, I have a question for anyone that gave up a midwestern seat (and sorry, i already posted this question on the midwestern thread too)...how do I get my $100 back. I just gave up my seat (like 10 mins ago) and stupid me didnt re-read the matriculation letter. I know we have to send midwestern a letter, but if someone can give me more details that would be great. Thanks!

I ran into the same problem. i called midwestern and the lady who answered the phone told me to send an email to admissions and state my information/request for the hundred dollar refund. I called them again a week after that, and they told me that it takes awhile to process the refund and they should be in contact with me in another two weeks...so hopefully i end up getting that hundred bucks back eventually

Members don't see this ad :)
The financial aid letter will initially be posted on Enterprise. It will be mailed to you a week or so after the online posting.

So what is every1 going to be wearing for the orientation on june 15? I am a guy so should I wear a nice dress shirt and dress pants and look more business casual or simply wear normal jean and a t-shirt as if I was going to school or going out. I am just wondering because I just don't want to look all weird if I dress business casual while all the other guys are wearing jeans or vice versa.

How bout for the ladies, what will all of you be wearing, just wondering.

That's a good question about what to wear to orientation. I don't want to be over or under-dressed either, but I guess it's always better to be over-dressed!... I was wondering what you guys have heard about the immunization forms. The emails and letters say they're due relatively soon, but when I call the school and records office I get 2 different answers. Also, regarding our transcripts, one email says send it if you took pre reqs during spring and another says to just send one. I don't want to mess anything up and get my spot taken away!

I actually sent UIC an email asking what the dress code for orientation is, and they told me there isn't one but they would recommend business casual (I take this to mean a dress shirt and khakis, or something similar). I asked a P2 too and they suggested to wear a dress shirt, tie, and slacks. I feel like that might be overdoing it a bit though, so I'm going with (my definition of) business casual.

What are the two answers you got, just curious? When I called (because theres no way I'm going to get everything done by the end of this week) they said that they wouldn't put a hold on my account if I got my forms in before the fall....I dont know if that's because they already have my records because I did my undergrad there (and I'm just missing my TB test) or what...so just wondering what they've said to other pple.

That's a good question about what to wear to orientation. I don't want to be over or under-dressed either, but I guess it's always better to be over-dressed!... I was wondering what you guys have heard about the immunization forms. The emails and letters say they're due relatively soon, but when I call the school and records office I get 2 different answers. Also, regarding our transcripts, one email says send it if you took pre reqs during spring and another says to just send one. I don't want to mess anything up and get my spot taken away!

I did not dress up for orientation. I think I wore khakis and a t-shirt. They will not place an immunization hold until registration for the Spring semester arrives. You have two immunization forms: one from UIC and one from the college. If you do not turn in the UIC form, they will place a hold on your account. You can see if you have any holds on UIC Enterprise.

i arrived to my orientation about 3 hours late because i slept in. When i got there i registered for classes and took off. i think i wore dress pants and shirt because i didnt want to make any worse of an impression. It doesnt really matter. If i were to do it again, i would wear jeans and a t shirt. but i would still show up late....maybe. dont be nervous and congrats. pharm school at uic is crazy but real fun imo. party a lot the first year would be my advice. hope that helps.

Does anyone know when the board will approve tuition costs? I got an email about a month ago saying that I can view my financial aid letter on enterprise, but since the tuition/fees have not been set these are only estimates. Also, will we recieve the final financial package in the mail, or is it all done online?

The can't set the rates until the state has a budget. The state doesn't have a budget as of yet, and the fiscal year starts in July.
You'll get a copy of your financial aid letter in the mail.

Hi, Pharm students from UIC, do you have any idea how much is the tuition fee for out-of-state student ?

That looks like the out of state tuition.