UIC Pharm School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when the emails for acceptance/rejections will be sent out? Seems like last year they were sent on a monday the 7th which would be this monday 6th if they go by the same schedule as last year. Just wondering if we should expect something monday or if anyone knows the exact date?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the emails for acceptance/rejections will be sent out? Seems like last year they were sent on a monday the 7th which would be this monday 6th if they go by the same schedule as last year. Just wondering if we should expect something monday or if anyone knows the exact date?

But, last year's interviews happened a week earlier (spring break was late this year) so who knows.

They clearly said (at least 3-4 times during the interview day) that decisions would be sent out via email around mid April. I would imagine sometime between Monday the 13th and Friday the 18th.

Members don't see this ad :)
But, last year's interviews happened a week earlier (spring break was late this year) so who knows.

Actually, spring break was the same time this year as it was last year for UIC... so who knows when we'll find out

According to last year's statistics, we should hopefully be hearing news by tomorrow or at least by the end of the week. I am just hoping and prarying that I will get in; I actually had a dream this morning and that I was accepted to UIC. But when I woke up, I realize that it was all a dream then became depressed. Hopefully the deram I have was a sign of good news!

According to last year's statistics, we should hopefully be hearing news by tomorrow or at least by the end of the week. I am just hoping and prarying that I will get in; I actually had a dream this morning and that I was accepted to UIC. But when I woke up, I realize that it was all a dream then became depressed. Hopefully the deram I have was a sign of good news!

Thats exactly why i asked earlier but i guess that smart ***** that posted earlier knows it all :laugh:hahaha

i think this wait is killing everyone... i hate waiting...

i think this wait is killing everyone... i hate waiting...

I agree this wait is a killer... I feel like im stalking this thread waiting to see if anyone got a letter before me. I guess they are not on the same schedule as last year, or there is always the possibility that they will send them out later this week. Keep your fingers crossed guys and good luck to all of you!:xf:

They said multiple times during the interviews that decisions come out MID-April. We're not even a week into the month. Relax. Decisions will come out soon enough.

They said multiple times during the interviews that decisions come out MID-April. We're not even a week into the month. Relax. Decisions will come out soon enough.

Thank You!! I said the same thing last week and apparently I'm a smartass?

Thank You!! I said the same thing last week and apparently I'm a smartass?
Okay, we understand that they said MID-April, but they also said the same thing last year and pple still found out on the 7th... So here's to some wishful thinking that we find out this week!

Okay, we understand that they said MID-April, but they also said the same thing last year and pple still found out on the 7th... So here's to some wishful thinking that we find out this week!

that's exactly what i'm hoping for!

Members don't see this ad :)
Spring break was earlier last year. This year's schedule is one week later than last year's schedule. You should probably receive the results next week.

Spring break was earlier last year. This year's schedule is one week later than last year's schedule. You should probably receive the results next week.

No it wasn't, spring break was the same time it was last year. Last year spring break was between March 24–28. This year spring break was between March 23-27. I'm a UIC student, but if you dont believe me, here's the UIC calendar: http://www.uic.edu/ucat/catalog/CA.shtml

It doesn't matter when I get notified. I just want to get accepted... :xf:

Good luck to all of you waiting to hear back from UIC. I'm in the Class of 2011, and our class actually found out on April 13, 2007. Friday the 13th, ironically!

I'm sure everyone knows you will find out via email? And to answer some of the comments/questions that others have posted. UIC looks at MORE than the GPA and PCAT score - of which I can attest to. I had 80th PCAT, with a 3.0 GPA. However, I had a lot of work experience and leadership experience (volunteering, going on different trips overseas to teach English, etc.). So, even if you feel like you're not the "ideal" 4.0, 99th percentile student - rest assured, they look at everything. =)

Good luck to all of you waiting to hear back from UIC. I'm in the Class of 2011, and our class actually found out on April 13, 2007. Friday the 13th, ironically!

I'm sure everyone knows you will find out via email? And to answer some of the comments/questions that others have posted. UIC looks at MORE than the GPA and PCAT score - of which I can attest to. I had 80th PCAT, with a 3.0 GPA. However, I had a lot of work experience and leadership experience (volunteering, going on different trips overseas to teach English, etc.). So, even if you feel like you're not the "ideal" 4.0, 99th percentile student - rest assured, they look at everything. =)

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on where to live... If I get accepted I want to live near UIC or in the city to where I only have about a 20 min max train/bus ride...Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. If you would rather PM you can...Thanks

Check your inboxes ladies and gentleman...decisions have been made!!! I'm so glad the waiting is over!!

I'm in!!! Can't wait to see everyone there!!!

Got an Alternate Letter. :scared:

Alternate list number: 3.00

Any idea about my chance to get in? Thanks.

I'm In!!! I can't believe it, I cannot stop smiling! I can't wait to meet everyone!

I GOT IN! i havent been this happy ever lol

I got in too! My heart was beating so fast after I heard that decisions were out. This was my last chance to get into a school for this year so this is a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders.

Got an Alternate Letter. :scared:

Alternate list number: 3.00

Any idea about my chance to get in? Thanks.

If you're all the way up at #3 on the wait list you have nothing to worry about. From what I've heard the number of people accepted off the waitlist usually is somewhere between 15-30.

If you're all the way up at #3 on the wait list you have nothing to worry about. From what I've heard the number of people accepted off the waitlist usually is somewhere between 15-30.

Congratulations to those that got accepted. I got put on the waitlist number 41.00. Does anyone know how much they accepted off the waitlist last year?

I got my Acceptance letter also today:thumbup:.... Congratulations to all of you who got accepted... Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!!!! Anyone got any ideas where they are gonna live or who their room mates are gonna be?

Congratulations to those that got accepted. I got put on the waitlist number 41.00. Does anyone know how much they accepted off the waitlist last year?

At my interview day one of the student ambassadors said they waitlist 50 every year. Last year he said they accepted something around 35ish (I think) and two years ago he said about 16. Hopefully, for your sake, this year a lot of people turn down their spots. Good luck!

i have been waiting to say this. i got in!!!!

i was so worried as my cum gpa is 2.89; science gpa is 2.79 and composite pcat is 69. didnt think i had a chance but.....yaya i got in!!!

ah, so much to do..so lil time

congrats to everyone else who got in!!

Congrats everybody!

Not to be a downer...but three years ago, they didn't admit anyone from the waitlist. I highly doubt that will happen again, but it really varies year to year. Butthere's a good chance at least one spot is opening up...I'm leaning towards UMN. Gotta think on it.

I am INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhoO-HoO! I just got my acceptance letter today as well!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US WHO GOT ACCEPTED!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!!!

To those who are already in the program. How much time do you spend on doing your homework during the week? I will be getting home at 6pm after my commute and I am worried that I will not have enough time to study. Since I will have to get up at about 5am, I will have to go to bed earlier too... So, not too much time left for studies, except for weekends...

The number admitted off the wait list varies year to year. 3 years ago in 2006, less than 20 were admitted off the wait list. If your wait list number is less than 20, you're in fairly good shape.
Most classes will start at 8:30am and most will end by 4:20pm.

Yay, I'm in! Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

I've been waiting 4 years to say this...IM GOING TO UIC PHARM SCHOOL!!!! OMG, I cried when i read my e-mail! Cant wait to meet my fellow P1's!

Congrats everyone on the acceptance!!

My question is to those students who were accepted to MWU CCP: when do you plan to decline your seat? I'm just wondering because I am patiently waiting to be pulled off of their waitlist lol

Congrats everyone on the acceptance!!

My question is to those students who were accepted to MWU CCP: when do you plan to decline your seat? I'm just wondering because I am patiently waiting to be pulled off of their waitlist lol

I will be declining my seat as soon as my deposit goes through (which I'm handing in tomorrow...so hopefully soon). Good luck with midwestern, I'm sure a lot of seats will be opening up soon.

I already declined my seat, and I am writing my letter requesting for the $100 refund. I hope this opens a spot for you!

This is for collegegrad:
I am not sure but can two people have the same Alternate list number because i am also 41.00..are you sure that you are 41.00..because if so..then i wanted to contact uic to see if they made a mistake or something..let me know please!!!