Uic iddp 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they calling from alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think so...it will not be this year when they will start calling from the alternate list...

did anyone not submit their fees to UIC by the deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u mean they will call us on 2014?! that's too late!

Any updates on the UIC wailisted????

Hi guys! I have declined my acceptance. So someone on the waitlist is going to get a place! Goodluck!

Hello Dr. Jambo where are you going? I mean which school?

For those wondering about alternate list here is some info:

- It varies a lot from one year to another.... The class of 2014 had about 16 people from the alternate list, on the other hand the class of 2015 had only 1. No one know how many will be on this Class of 2016.

- As soon as someone declines the offered acceptance, an offer to someone from the alternate list is send very shortly after that.

- Once again it varies every year, we had people accepted from the alternate list for the class of 2014 in mid october/november, and we also had a few accepted just a few weeks prior to the start of orientation...

So my piece of advice is be prepared for the worst, but doesn't hurt to hope for the best.

Another piece of advice: admissions has no idea on how many people will accept or decline their offer, but as soon as they do they move on the alternate list. Don't even bother to ask 'where is your position' on that list because this is just information that won't be shared with anyone outside admissions.

Congratulations to those accepted! :thumbup:

Hope4

Thank you for the information but here is the profile of IDP of uic.

APPLICANT DEMOGRAPHICS:

Total Applications
Class of 2014 Class of 2015
Total # of Applications 263(2014) 398(2015)
-- # of Illinois Residents 70(2014) 47(2015)
-- # of Nonresidents 193(2014) 351(2015)
Total # of Applicants Interviewed -- 100(2014) 106(2015)
-- # of Illinois Residents Interviewed 22 (2014) 24(2015)
# of Nonresidents Interviewed 78(2014) 82(2015)
Total number of offer extended 58(2014) 53(2015)
Total enrollment 40(2014) 40(2015)

SOURCE- UIC website.

so from this information we could figure out the chances of people getting in from the alternate list. I think there were 18 people(2014) and 13 people(2015) either who
did not accept the offer or 13-18 people got acceptance from the wait list. This is my calculation and correct me if i am wrong.

So Hope 4 i do not think it was just a single person from the alternate list in 2015.

Last edited:
I think so too @ operative, even in the alternate list email, Ms Espinosa said tht on an avg 10-15 ppl get selected from the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Already in temple? Temple has not started sending out ivs for this yr yet..

My question is- as the uic hasnt sent all 40 acceptances yet, a few from the first batch have declined their acceptance...so will the school send acceptances(of the seats of people declined) with the second batch to fresh candidates(who havent been wait listed) or from the wait listed list?

Hardworking..why did u delete your comment..was your comment incorrect? Please tell us

Hope4

Thank you for the information but here is the profile of IDP of uic.

APPLICANT DEMOGRAPHICS:

Total Applications
Class of 2014 Class of 2015
Total # of Applications 263(2014) 398(2015)
-- # of Illinois Residents 70(2014) 47(2015)
-- # of Nonresidents 193(2014) 351(2015)
Total # of Applicants Interviewed -- 100(2014) 106(2015)
-- # of Illinois Residents Interviewed 22 (2014) 24(2015)
# of Nonresidents Interviewed 78(2014) 82(2015)
Total number of offer extended 58(2014) 53(2015)
Total enrollment 40(2014) 40(2015)

SOURCE- UIC website.

so from this information we could figure out the chances of people getting in from the alternate list. I think there were 18 people(2014) and 13 people(2015) either who
did not accept the offer or 13-18 people got acceptance from the wait list. This is my calculation and correct me if i am wrong.

So Hope 4 i do not think it was just a single person from the alternate list in 2015.

Can't go against some facts... Not quite what I was quite sure about.... Anyway:

http://dentistry.uic.edu/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1299465/File/Prosp%20Students/IDDP%20class%20profiles.pdf

Let me correct myself and accept your math, yes you are correct about the amount of offers sent out, and I might be correct regarding the amount of people that accepted the offer from the alternate list.

Follow my numbers: Class of 2015 (once again almost sure...) had 1 person that gave up the spot from the original 40, meaning that 39 accepted and stayed right away, the 13 offers might have been made one by one, and as people declined the acceptance (for whatever reason), the 13th person accepted it. My class on the other hand does have 16 people from alternate list, but 18 'extra' acceptances were sent, so the math and the number of combinations possible for this is quite more complex right? ;)

So I want to reaffirm: it is unpredictable, it is just not possible to figure out how many from the alternate list might be called, because you also have to take into consideration that some of the alternate list might not accept any offers because they might already have been accepted where they want to be. =D

Hardworking..why did u delete your comment..was your comment incorrect? Please tell us
I am sorry I had to, I did not get consent from the person this information belongs so had to delete.

My question is- as the uic hasnt sent all 40 acceptances yet, a few from the first batch have declined their acceptance...so will the school send acceptances(of the seats of people declined) with the second batch to fresh candidates(who havent been wait listed) or from the wait listed list?

to waitlisted too
deadline for money deposit Nov 22

Have you gotten acceptance and u were waitlisted? If yes, when did u get it?

Got acceptance from UIC....It's time for :love::love::):):)................deadline Nov 22....

Hope4

Yes the acceptance from the wait listed is unpredictable. May be you know detail information than me. Thank you for sharing......

Congrats operative.... Can please tell when did u receive it..

Hey, Operative ..Was you waitlisted before and got acceptance now or what? Please write in detail..Congratulations..You did It !!!

Hi Operative...congrat!!!!!!! Where u wait-listed?

Congratulations Operative and welcome to UIC. Please add yourself to IDDP class of 2016 fb group.

Hey Hardworking,
Why the UIC 2016 FB group is decreasing?? It was 31 before but now 28 ..Are people leaving due to acceptances at other schools?

Hey Hardworking,
Why the UIC 2016 FB group is decreasing?? It was 31 before but now 28 ..Are people leaving due to acceptances at other schools?
No by mistake I accepted a few people in waiting list and then found out that they were not accepted so I had to request them and take them out from the group.

Got acceptance from UIC....It's time for :love::love::):):)................deadline Nov 22....

Hey Operative,
Congrats.. plz share your stats?? and are you accepted from alternate list or not?
Plz reply ...You seem lost after the acceptance.. We need your favor... tk cre!!

Hi all,
Thank you Hardworking and everyone....

I was little busy :) I am from alternate list.

My status:-
I was wait listed last year too.
Part 1-85
part2- 82
GPA- 3.8
Toefl-97
BACK HOME
Worked as a Dentist and a tutor to Dental hygienist . Did lot of Dental camps,School health programs, Organized mobile dental van treatment and many more...
-Participated in many extracurricular activities and won many medals( useful for up pen)

U.S.A
-I am certified dental assistant and working as DA since 2 years (full time).
-Lots of volunteering experience in U.S.A
-Bench prep course at VCU
-CDE online course.

Keep up your spirit.

Good luck.

congrats, does the canadian experince also matters

Hi all,
Thank you Hardworking and everyone....

I was little busy :) I am from alternate list.

My status:-
I was wait listed last year too.
Part 1-85
part2- 82
GPA- 3.8
Toefl-97
BACK HOME
Worked as a Dentist and a tutor to Dental hygienist . Did lot of Dental camps,School health programs, Organized mobile dental van treatment and many more...
-Participated in many extracurricular activities and won many medals( useful for up pen)

U.S.A
-I am certified dental assistant and working as DA since 2 years (full time).
-Lots of volunteering experience in U.S.A
-Bench prep course at VCU
-CDE online course.

Keep up your spirit.

Good luck.
Congrats Operative :) I have just one question and would really appreciate if you help me. What did you do to be a certified DA?
Thanks in advance

Congrats Operative :) I have just one question and would really appreciate if you help me. What did you do to be a certified DA?
Thanks in advance

molar 65, it depends what state you are in. Some states require you to take an exam and get certified, some states require you do an entire 8months full time course to get certified. What state are you in?

molar 65, it depends what state you are in. Some states require you to take an exam and get certified, some states require you do an entire 8months full time course to get certified. What state are you in?
Hi
How can we get DA Certificate in California?
Thanks

anybody, any idea how many seats have been filled up? anybody called recently from the wait list?

I believe all 40 seats have been filled... Any eventual invites will go to the wait listed in case acceptance offers are decline.

I believe all 40 seats have been filled... Any eventual invites will go to the wait listed in case acceptance offers are decline.
Did u call and ask?? I havent heard anything yet:( any body in same situation.

Facebook is at 34 now... Guys anybody else too got accpetance frm the alternate list??