UHS Class 2006 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What up y'all--

Yeah it's been a while since I have posted as well. I just finished up psych!!!! Needless to say, I am not going into psych and I will leave it at that.

I am still wanting to do surgery, and then trauma/critical care. I have family med in May, Peds in June, and then back to KC to begin my OMT Fellowship.

I probably won't take Step 2 until next year, so that will give me this whole year to study for it!!!! What the "F" ever! I just don't think I will have adequate time to study while doing my fellowship. I will just wait and take it later.

Good luck the rest of the year and on Boards! I will be leaving the class of 2006 very soon.......which makes me sad. You can bet your azz that I will be there for graduation and all the parties afterward!!!!!!!

OK well I'm out!!! Holla!

-C

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks everyone for the advice...I've been taking Kaplan and just started to memorize all the books that need memorizing vs. understanding...it seems like a lot of stuff. I'll start skipping class since I like reading more than listening...Kaplan is way better than the Integrative I wish the school would just pay Kaplan for each student.
Good Luck to everyone...and Chris Welcome to the class of 2007...

I was just wondering...we have to register tomorrow but I couldn't find any instructions on blackboard...and no announcement was made at school...has anyone taken the E-portfolio elective? Is it good?
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a few of my classmates took the E-elective and they thought it was pretty good. You get your CV together and then get a chance to post it on some website or something. So it is a fairly good elective from what I understand.

Good luck on boards. In my opinion, I read thru First Aid for Step 1 like three times and did tons of practice questions. By the end, I was doing over 300 a day......to me, that was key. I did decent on COMLEX. I thought the OMT and path were weak on my test and like 85% or so of the physiology was over estrogen!!! Not sure what that was about. Also, be sure to know Simmons fairly well for OMT. So First Aid, Simmons and Qbank was all I really needed. Everyone will tell you differently. I just made up my own study schedule for boards, stuck to it, and did fairly well (around 70%tile I think). So that is my 2 cents worth.......

-C

I took the E-portfolio elective. I strongly recommend it. You get your CV going, your personal statement, learn what it takes to look good as an applicant. You start an e-portfolio, of course. The e-portfolio is a new trend across the country. Many colleges and medical schools are already requiring all their students to make one. Our school is even visioning this for the future. It's a great way for you to stand apart. An e-portfolio offers you the means to include so much more than your CV can. You can attach your presentations, papers you've written, letters of recommendation that have been written for you, certificates, pictures of you doing community work, etc. so that people can actually visualize them. They can see you as a much more whole person. Even if you don't end up using the e-portfolio in interviews, the elective sets your mind on the path of what you need to be doing to look good as an applicant. It helps you see the things that you've done that stand out, even if you didn't realize it. Also, you work with the registrar and the people who write the MSPE letter for you. They know what residency application is like, they know what a CV should look like. They read hundreds a year and they see students go through the application process. So that's it in a nutshell.

drchris33 said:
I know a few of my classmates took the E-elective and they thought it was pretty good.
-C

I took the E-portfolio elective.

Huh

Do we all still go to the same school? I have never heard of this.
Do tell.

M.

DrMaryC said:
Huh

Do we all still go to the same school? I have never heard of this.
Do tell.

M.

For real! I must have skipped class that day. Okay, I skipped class almost everyday around Boards time, but still. Someone could have told me. I need the info; I've been frozen for thirty freakin' years, people!

What?!! E-Elective? Now does this count as one of our required selectives or an elective? :laugh: I've never heard of such a thing.
Just finished surgery - yay, my month is over! Go figure, the guy freaking hates me all month then cries when I leave.??? I don't know. :confused:
ODB how was life in the psych ward? I go there for my vacation next month, and oh yes - one of our classmates from across the country will be joining me on this fun adventure. Yes, you guessed it - Prudeep. Prudeep and I will be chumming around daily in the psych ward together.
Des:)

doctordes said:
What?!! E-Elective? Now does this count as one of our required selectives or an elective? :laugh: I've never heard of such a thing.
Just finished surgery - yay, my month is over! Go figure, the guy freaking hates me all month then cries when I leave.??? I don't know. :confused:
ODB how was life in the psych ward? I go there for my vacation next month, and oh yes - one of our classmates from across the country will be joining me on this fun adventure. Yes, you guessed it - Prudeep. Prudeep and I will be chumming around daily in the psych ward together.

"Daily" is a bit of a stretch, if you know what I mean. ;)

Sorry, you got me there. E-portfolio is a selective available to us. Not a third or fourth year elective. A second year was asking if this was a valuable class for between second and third years.

We just had didactics back in KC. It's so nice to see everyone once a month. I'm glad I get to hear how things are going in other parts of the country here on SDN.

Keep up the hard/good work kids...only a few more third year rotations to go! Time is flying!

doctordes said:
Doctordes,
Psych went well (except for the anti-DO paranoid guy)...it was an outpatient clinic so I wasn't on the wards. According to MJ, the psych roation in Fort Myers is pretty slack, so don't drink too many martinis or get too bad a sunburn this month. :) I will be starting my 2 month surgery marathon on Monday. Oh and Des, rumor has it that you've been polkaing without the ODB :( Tell MJ he's still a punk.
ODB-The Med student formerly known as the Disco Inferno

ODB,
I'll tell ya, I've created quite a reputation around this area as the Polka Harlet but how can I help it? I love to dance, and it's not my fault that it's just a naturally very sexy dance. Some prefer to tango or salsa, but not me - polka seems to do it for all the men around here. :)
True, MJ "daily" would be a stretch for psych here in Florida, but that's fine with me! More time for me to concentrate on my bodybuilding.
Not much else going on here!
:love:

I know all of the normal "posters" to this thread are very very busy these days... the hours and hours of extra study time you all are devoting to this Saturday's shelf is impressive:) Talking to admin at school, over 150 of our class will be in KC for the test...... For those of you flying in... or driving down from a place north of here, beware that the Paseo Bridge is now closed until NOV. See most of ya Saturday......

LKD

Members don't see this ad :)
What up my homies?? I am on peds right now.....one of the most relaxing rotations I have had. Only carry about two patients.......round at 730; eat and gab till 1030, then morning report/lecture till noon. Then either day call or clinic. That is it....so lots of downtime.

How is everyone else?? Man, hard to believe 4th year is only a few weeks away! I guess it is for everyone except me......I start my fellowship July 5th. Going up next week to fill out the paperwork.

Has anyone heard when we get our results from the exam from hell?? I haven't heard anything.

Well I guess I'm off. Just noticed no one has posted for awhile. The Polka Harlet is probably dancing around, ODB is doing who knows what, and MJ is probably looking at some dead dude. Miss Mary has been in hiding for quite some time.

Later!

-C

Anyone have advice...my first rotation will be General Surgery...should I do something between now and August to prepare ahead of time?
Thanks

ScutMonkey007 said:
Anyone have advice...my first rotation will be General Surgery...should I do something between now and August to prepare ahead of time?
Thanks

Get Surgical Recall
Get the Lawrence book
Get a maxwell
Review how to maintain a sterile field, how to gown/glove. This will take 5 minutes.

Relax and go with the flow!
:luck:

ScutMonkey007 said:
Thanks

Get your hands on some suture and learn how to tie the basic knots. Especially lean the two handed square knot. There are resources on the internet that can walk you thorough it. This skill seemed to get lost in the shuffle for me and the attendings some how expected me to know how to do it.

You know what's funny? You absolutely have to know the 2-handed knot, but in most of my rotations thus far, I have been consistently asked to tie one-handed.

I have the ethicon board and have a couple of sutures...so I'll practice durign my month off..

Does everyone have to return to KC for the 3rd year cumulative...or are there other locations...

the OCCE dept typically uses four locations for administration of the 3rd year shelf... for our year group they used: KC, FL, NJ/NY, and MI. We had nearly 75% of our class return to KC.......

OH58D said:
the OCCE dept typically uses four locations for administration of the 3rd year shelf... for our year group they used: KC, FL, NJ/NY, and MI. We had nearly 75% of our class return to KC.......

Yeah, but the really COOL people took it in Tampa.

we have classmates in Tampa??? :)

BUMP!!!!!

Where is everyone........????? Oh yeah, you all are applying for residency and working your tails off in your FOURTH YEAR rotations, while I am here sitting back, barely working as a measly OMT Fellow.

Hope everything is going well!!!!

-C

Whatever, CM -
I see how you operate, navigating the net, interspersing your words of wisdom to random threads....you are a shady little man. I can't believe you're the class of 2007. It's not right, but just for fun can we create an entire new thread entitled KCUMB class 2007 and start it with the same quote this one was started with? PLEASSSSEEEEE!!??? Nah, I'm kidding.
...But seriously, can we? :laugh:
How are my classmates?! I am here in Philadelphia doing a rotation in Peds Endocrinology at the Children's Hospital and it's been really good. I randomly ran into a couple classmates last week, so that was cool.
Bama, I love the Dave Chappelle pic by your name. When do you take your Step 2?

Talk to you all soon,

doctordes said:
Whatever, CM -
I see how you operate, navigating the net, interspersing your words of wisdom to random threads....you are a shady little man. I can't believe you're the class of 2007. It's not right, but just for fun can we create an entire new thread entitled KCUMB class 2007 and start it with the same quote this one was started with? PLEASSSSEEEEE!!??? Nah, I'm kidding.
...But seriously, can we? :laugh:
How are my classmates?! I am here in Philadelphia doing a rotation in Peds Endocrinology at the Children's Hospital and it's been really good. I randomly ran into a couple classmates last week, so that was cool.
Bama, I love the Dave Chappelle pic by your name. When do you take your Step 2?

Talk to you all soon,

What's up ya'll? I'm just chillin' down here in the Dirty... I'm taking Step 2 on October 8th. I am supposed to be studying right now, but I keep checking my e-mail for interview invites. I am addicted to them. So far I have interviews at Emory, Iowa and The Cleveland Clinic. I am still waiting on some more. Anyway, it is tough trying to figure out when I am going to go on these interviews since I am saving my vacation month until April. Hope everyone is doing well. Later.

Hey fourth years!
I am a third year and have a question about rotations. I am one of two students sent down to Mobile, AL for rotations and am starting to freak out. The internal medicine rotations are being done at a small community hospital and the doctors have expressed concern over the amount of things I am going to be able to see and eventually do. They have stated numerous times that our school should not have sent us down here because we are not getting university based rotations or even good teaching rotations. Most of the preceptors have never taught before in their lives. Am I screwed or are there others that are in the same boat as we are? Any help would be appreciated as the school has completely blown us off!! :mad:
Vanessa Walker MSIII

wow. that would suck. anyone know something about this? :eek:

VJWDO said:
Hey fourth years!
I am a third year and have a question about rotations. I am one of two students sent down to Mobile, AL for rotations and am starting to freak out. The internal medicine rotations are being done at a small community hospital and the doctors have expressed concern over the amount of things I am going to be able to see and eventually do. They have stated numerous times that our school should not have sent us down here because we are not getting university based rotations or even good teaching rotations. Most of the preceptors have never taught before in their lives. Am I screwed or are there others that are in the same boat as we are? Any help would be appreciated as the school has completely blown us off!! :mad:
Vanessa Walker MSIII

I didn't know that we had a new core site in Mobile. What is the name of the hospital? As far as your situation goes, I'm sorry. About the only thing you can do at this point is to try and be as assertive as you can. Stick your head in every procedure, ask tons of questions and read as much as possible. Approach the DME and tell him what is lacking. Most DMEs will try to correct the situation as much as possible. If none of this works contact the OCCE. I am not sure what they can do but persistence is the key. Make sure they understand that your education is lacking. If nothing else, survive your ten months of cores, read, read, read and do your 4th year rotations at as many teaching facilities as you can. Good luck.

Here's the up side: There aren't any residents or fellows to get in front of you. You will be first assist on all surgeries. You will be the one assisting on all procedures and therefore get to do them sooner. Surprisingly enough, community hospitals offer more responsibility because there are less people training there to take on the responsibility.

In Kansas City, we spend many months in community hospitals and clinics. These are sometimes the best rotations. Look at the bright side and then do as Bama said....be proactive and read a lot. Ask a lot of questions. Get right up front and be willing to try new things. You'll be surprised how good it may be. You can help mold those preceptors. Let them know what you want. They're going to want to try to make it better for you. If you want them to pick out articles for you to read then discuss, ask them. If you want them to use the motto "see one, do one, teach one," remind them of it.

Good luck. Also, were you guys sent there from Gulfport?

VJWDO,
I second what Bama and Anna said. Bama and I did our core 3rd year in Fort Myers, Florida, where there are no residency programs and no large teaching institutions. All you can do is be proactive in your education and read a lot. It may be a blessing, because you'll probably get more experience than anyone at learning to talk with patients and work up common complaints, both of which are HUGE. If the educators are lacking, that will be a problem for you and, as Bama said, you should persistently tell the OCCE about it. Otherwise, if you can commit to reading more on the rotations where you don't get as much clinical knowledge, you'll be far ahead of the curve. Coming from a community-based core site, I knew I needed exposure to a traditional teaching hospital and started my fourth year this month at The University of Pennsylvania Children's Hospital; likewise, Bama has done rotations are large hospitals such as Emory. I'm sure Bama did very well, and I can tell you that I don't feel like I am lacking from not experiencing this last year - I am right in there with all the other students. Those are the positives from my perspective. Hope it helps and good luck,
Desiree

My FP preceptor wasn't even board-certified. He just liked the free help. Don't sweat. You'll still learn stuff.

Thanks guys I feel a little better. I do agree with the procedure aspect in that I have already done a few paps, I&D's , and injections. It is just that the preceptors are continually saying that they don't want us there and that is a little disturbing. As to the question about gulfport, we have always been in mobile, we are a new site. The school still doesn't even know where we are going to do our surgery, psych, and ob/gyn rotations. The name of our core site is Franklin Primary Health Center. I am trying to make the best out of it so thanks for all the advice and I will keep pushing. :oops:

Hey all! I am currently a second year, and it is time to start choosing our 3rd year sites. I figured your brains were the best ones to pick! I am wanting info (cost of living, experience, etc.) for
Orlando
Fort Meyers
St. Petersburg
Osage Beach
Moberly
Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Is there any way to find out where the current third years are at now?

TTT,
The only way I know of is to contact the OCCE Dept. - they should have a list of the sites and who is where. If you have general questions, you could always send out a mass email to the 3rd year class.
Fingerstick,
Both Bama and I spent our third year in Fort Myers. It's a community-based, laid-back program without residents so it's just you and the doctor. It's great because you're first assist and you get a lot of experience talking to patients. It's very student friendly, and you'll always have access to the doctor's lounge, etc., which is a plus. Not only is the location awesome, but you have free time. You don't take call except for during surgery or OB/Gyn, so most of your nights and weekends are yours. That being said, you do need to be motivated to read on your own since you have less call than other places do. We had grand rounds 1 morning/week, lectures 1 morning/week, case presentations 1 morning/week, and OMT sessions 1 morning/two weeks. To be honest, if you're really interested in OMT you won't get much there, as it could be improved upon. If you're worried about missing out by not having a strict schedule as with a large institution, don't be. Both Bama and I simply made it a point to do rotations at traditional teaching hospitals during fourth year, and we're fitting in great at these places as well. Overall, it was a great place to spend third year.
I know a little about St. Petersburg. I know they are expected to take call maybe every week -2 weeks on the IM service throughout their entire year. It's definitely not as laid back of a site, but I had a friend there and she was very pleased with her education. I think it's more traditional, there are residents to work with, and the schedule is tighter. But either place is in a great location, so it all depends on what you're looking for.
Hope it helps!

Thanks, doctordes! How mich did the rent run you? I am trying to stay in KC with my hubby and son, but am looking for second and third choices. Anyone know anything about any of the others?

So, now that we're in the application season, I'd love to hear what everyone's plans are. Are you getting interviews?

I'm applying to peds programs in the Midwest. I have gotten three interview offers so far. My plan is to do an allergy/immunology fellowship after peds.

I just can't believe we're to this point. But I'm also getting really excited! Hope to hear how everyone in our class is doing.

Anna

AnnaMags said:
So, now that we're in the application season, I'd love to hear what everyone's plans are. Are you getting interviews?

I'm applying to peds programs in the Midwest. I have gotten three interview offers so far. My plan is to do an allergy/immunology fellowship after peds.

I just can't believe we're to this point. But I'm also getting really excited! Hope to hear how everyone in our class is doing.

Anna

Hey there. Glad to hear things are going well. I am applying to Pathology programs primarily in the Southeast but with some other regions mixed. I have gotten 6 interviews so far: Emory, Vanderbilt, Cleveland Clinic, Iowa, East Carolina and Brown. I am planning on going on about 10-12 interviews. I am finding the logistics of interviewing difficult since I am not taking a month off to interview. I am trying to spread them out so I don't miss too many days on my rotations. Look forward from hearing from everyone else. Come on Des, lets hear about all those interviews you are hoarding. :)

I haven't received any interviews yet!!!!!! Oh yeah, I forgot.......

I'M NOT IN YOUR CLASS ANYMORE!!!!

Things are going well in the land of rackin' and crackin'!!!!! Learning stuff, trying to become a jedi like Dr. Legg!!! Yoda is teaching us well!

Good luck everyone with the interviews. Definitely keep us posted on how you all do.

Didn't Des apply for the hussey fellowship on Independence Avenue???? You dirty dirty tramp!!!!

:love: :love:

-C

Okay, did anyone else notice that Bama is already quoting Virchow? Watch out ERF there's a new pathologist (future) in town to quote the forefathers.
WHAT is UP Stud docs???
I am randomly in DC right now even though I am on ER in Kansas City. I am driving to Philly for you know what tomorrow (PE). I have already interviewed/rotated and rank ordered both (yes, it was a big decision with all 2 programs) Army derm programs as of Friday. I have close to 46 back up plans in 4 specialties if I don't match with the military. I have a bunch of random interviews in the civi world, but I am scheduling most for after the December military match.
It sounds like everyone is getting interviews and is set on a specialty goal. It is cool and yet a little scary that we are going to be the house officers this time next year. I heard that Path no longer has to do internships though...is that true Bama?
Well, good luck to everyone. I hope things go well for all.
Does anyone have any interesting rotations set up for later 4th yr? I am going to do plastic surg next month with a female surgeon in KC. I'm Kinda excited about it.

Fingerstick,
My rent ran me about 660/mo in Fort Myers for a 2-bedroom last year.

Student Doctor Morrissey,
All I have to say to you are a mean little man. Calling me out as a "hussey" is not only ridiculous, but inaccurate because you know I prefer the term "harlet." Moreover, I am appalled and offended at your lack of knowledge in reference to my "fellowship" on Independence. You know perfectly well I can't apply to fellowships in my PGY-1 year. What am amateur mud-slinger. :)

Hey Bama!
You know, I actually have been getting some really exciting interviews lately. I sent out both Peds and OB/Gyn but am sold on OB/Gyn. The Peds Interviews I had are from Texas A&M, UT Galveston, UT San Antonio, U New Mexico, UT Houston, Cleveland Clinic, USF, KU, and CHOP. So, it has been really encouraging...if I wanted to stick with Peds!
I've got about 3 interviews from OB/Gyn programs mostly in the midwest. It's so much fun to hear everyone's choices and interview invites, so keep them coming.

Except you, Morrissey - you are so in the class of 2007.

EUROdocMOM said:
Okay, did anyone else notice that Bama is already quoting Virchow? Watch out ERF there's a new pathologist (future) in town to quote the forefathers.
WHAT is UP Stud docs???
I am randomly in DC right now even though I am on ER in Kansas City. I am driving to Philly for you know what tomorrow (PE). I have already interviewed/rotated and rank ordered both (yes, it was a big decision with all 2 programs) Army derm programs as of Friday. I have close to 46 back up plans in 4 specialties if I don't match with the military. I have a bunch of random interviews in the civi world, but I am scheduling most for after the December military match.
It sounds like everyone is getting interviews and is set on a specialty goal. It is cool and yet a little scary that we are going to be the house officers this time next year. I heard that Path no longer has to do internships though...is that true Bama?
Well, good luck to everyone. I hope things go well for all.
Does anyone have any interesting rotations set up for later 4th yr? I am going to do plastic surg next month with a female surgeon in KC. I'm Kinda excited about it.

Erf doesn't own the exclusive rights to Virchow. The spirit of Virchow lives in all of us pathologists. :) You're right Big Steve, path no longer has to do what they use to call a "credentialing year," which could be a traditional internship, a year of research or simply another year of path. The change was made about 4 years ago so this year's graduating class will actually consist of two classes: those who came in under the old 5 year curriculum and those that are under the current 4 year curriculum. Bottom line: no internship, 4 years of residency training.
I am currently doing a Derm rotation with one of the best dermatologist in Atlanta. Big Steve, he said that he is about to be elected as a Diplomate of the American College of Dermatology. He trained at Yale, and he is a really awesome Pimple Popper MD. I have learned a lot.
I have received about 13 interviews so far and I have scheduled 9. I am going to interview at: Iowa, Cleveland Clinic, Emory, Vanderbilt, University of Florida, University of Kentucky, Medical University of South Carolina, University of Texas-Southwestern, and Medical College of Virginia. I am still waiting to hear from some others I am interested in, but I really only want to go on 1 or 2 more.
So Des, you're gonna be a Gyno girl. :) I think you will be really good at that. It is a good field; a little medicine, a little surgery. I am glad that you are getting some good interviews for both fields. Anyway, good to hear from everyone. Keep us posted on what is going on with everybody. Oh yeah Des, it looks like our beloved Fort Myers in gonna get blasted again. :(

Hi, I would like to get in touch with an old classmate who is currently attending UHS. She left me the e mail with [email protected]. Is that address still effective after the name change? If not, what would be the correct address root? Thanks!

BamaAlum said:
Erf doesn't own the exclusive rights to Virchow. The spirit of Virchow lives in all of us pathologists. :) You're right Big Steve, path no longer has to do what they use to call a "credentialing year," which could be a traditional internship, a year of research or simply another year of path. The change was made about 4 years ago so this year's graduating class will actually consist of two classes: those who came in under the old 5 year curriculum and those that are under the current 4 year curriculum. Bottom line: no internship, 4 years of residency training.
I am currently doing a Derm rotation with one of the best dermatologist in Atlanta. Big Steve, he said that he is about to be elected as a Diplomate of the American College of Dermatology. He trained at Yale, and he is a really awesome Pimple Popper MD. I have learned a lot.
I have received about 13 interviews so far and I have scheduled 9. I am going to interview at: Iowa, Cleveland Clinic, Emory, Vanderbilt, University of Florida, University of Kentucky, Medical University of South Carolina, University of Texas-Southwestern, and Medical College of Virginia. I am still waiting to hear from some others I am interested in, but I really only want to go on 1 or 2 more.
So Des, you're gonna be a Gyno girl. :) I think you will be really good at that. It is a good field; a little medicine, a little surgery. I am glad that you are getting some good interviews for both fields. Anyway, good to hear from everyone. Keep us posted on what is going on with everybody. Oh yeah Des, it looks like our beloved Fort Myers in gonna get blasted again. :(

Bama Alum et al,

any love from UAB yet?? or did you apply there? By the way, I see that Mike Shula can now quit his day job of note pool reviewer because his other job seems secure at least until end of next year.

I'm at VCU/ MCV (whatever the hell they call it now) in Richmond doing neurology rotation.

Eurodoc, thanks for reserving several DC traffic jams for me as I traveled to Philly on the 17th for the PE. At least I traveled through Baltimore, (more specifically through the tunnel) the day before it was closed due to a security threat. So you're doing a telemedicine ER rotation.....interesting.

Bama, I also met a visiting student at MCV doing pathology so email if you have any questions.

OK, I decided to do the Med/Peds thing and have interviewed at MCV while visiting there. The place is pretty nice overall. Also, got invites at Ohio State, Univ of Cincinnati, Univ of Louisville, Univ of South Alabama, Univ of Kentucky, St Louis Univ, Rush in Chicago, Christiana Care, Univ of South Florida,,,, a few others. I will probably interview at 12 places or so in spread over Nov,Dec , and Jan.

Well, hope everyone is doing well.

Carpe

BamaAlum said:

Bama Alum et al,

any love from UAB yet?? or did you apply there? By the way, I see that Mike Shula can now quit his day job of note pool reviewer because his other job seems secure at least until end of next year.

I'm at VCU/ MCV (whatever the hell they call it now) in Richmond doing neurology rotation.

Eurodoc, thanks for reserving several DC traffic jams for me as I traveled to Philly on the 17th for the PE. At least I traveled through Baltimore, (more specifically through the tunnel) the day before it was closed due to a security threat. So you're doing a telemedicine ER rotation.....interesting.

Bama, I also met a visiting student at MCV doing pathology so email if you have any questions.

OK, I decided to do the Med/Peds thing and have interviewed at MCV while visiting there. The place is pretty nice overall. Also, got invites at Ohio State, Univ of Cincinnati, Univ of Louisville, Univ of South Alabama, Univ of Kentucky, St Louis Univ, Rush in Chicago, Christiana Care, Univ of South Florida,,,, a few others. I will probably interview at 12 places or so in spread over Nov,Dec , and Jan.

Well, hope everyone is doing well.

Carpe

For the Florida folks... I am doing my cardiology rotation in Orlando next Spring and I do not plan to use the student housing based on my previous experiences with student housing. How reasonable would it be to commute from Davenport to Florida Hospital in East Orlando? I found an awesome sublet that I think I might be interested in.
Thanks for any input.

bump. just to get us back on the page. hugh

no doubt drmaryc. the temp hasnt topped freezing in like a week. the first time in my life that i had a white THANKSGIVING. i never thought i would live in NE ohio, but it looks like i will be here for a few years more. yeah! well, at least i'll be doing what i want to do, which is ER. does anyone else have an idea of where and what they will be doing next year. I know nothing is official, but sometimes you get a REALLY good idea. ;) if ya know what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.