Uh 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NEW PAGE!!!!!!

I noticed it today when I went to see if there was still the turning in of the acceptance letter to financial aid was still on my To Do List, which it is not. But this was there.

Acad Advisor Enrollment Hold Reason and ContactDescription: UH Term Begin Term - Srvc Indicatr Use Reason: University Studies Division Department: Academic Advising/Orientation Contact: InstructionsPlease contact your Advisor in University Studies Division. So I will have to call on monday.:(

Members don't see this ad.

After mailing in letter of intent/criminal background stuff, how long does it take to get get an email from the college about getting a peoplesoft account?

After mailing in letter of intent/criminal background stuff, how long does it take to get get an email from the college about getting a peoplesoft account?

I got the email about a month after I turned everything in. I was actually surprised to get one since I already have a PeopleSoft account.

I'm sure it won't take that long for you to receive it though. It seems to me that as the admission process goes on the more efficient they become. Case in point, it took exactly 19 days for CPhTtoPharmD and me to get our acceptance email but only a week for those who interviewed over the spring break. Those who interviewed in the 2nd and 3rd rounds got their acceptance emails in exactly 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess that since most of us got in. No one is asking a whole bunch of questions anymore or they are more concerned with the schools they got accepted to.

I guess we just sit back and wait, again!:laugh:

I withdrew my spot for UH, so maybe a capable person on the waiting list will get my spot :)

Got my rejection the other day. Cockrell here I come.

oh my goodness!! i got into uh!!! i was tabled from the first round and had to wait this long until hearing from them. i already gave up hope a long time ago, so this is a big surprise! i'm sooo happy to be able to stay in houston with my family. good luck to the rest of you "tabled" people out there!

guess this means i'm declining my acceptances at the other schools, which is good for the people who are waiting for my spot.

oh my goodness!! i got into uh!!! i was tabled from the first round and had to wait this long until hearing from them. i already gave up hope a long time ago, so this is a big surprise! i'm sooo happy to be able to stay in houston with my family. good luck to the rest of you "tabled" people out there!

guess this means i'm declining my acceptances at the other schools, which is good for the people who are waiting for my spot.

Wow, I'M SUPER EXCITED NOW! I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!!!Congratulations! :hardy::hardy::clap::banana::biglove::zip:

Bring out the dancing bananas and monkeys!!!!!Time to celebrate!!!

thanks...i'm so excited, too! glad we're gonna classmates after all....see you in the fall!! when does school start, btw....and when is the white coat ceremony?

thanks...i'm so excited, too! glad we're gonna classmates after all....see you in the fall!! when does school start, btw....and when is the white coat ceremony?

Aww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i am about to loose my mind. I got in.

Aww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i am about to loose my mine. I got in.

Woohooo!!!! I'm SOOOOOO happy for you!!!! Congratulations! Dancing bananas and monkeys are definitely coming out tonight!!:D:biglove::banana::biglove::zip:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats both of you. But I am a little freaked out by all the moving dancing objects on the screen. I understand though I did it too.

:biglove::welcome::zip::banana::D

Congratulations Pharmfriend and Krispharmd! My interview is friday and I can hardly wait!!! Hope to be joining you :D If you guys haven't done so already ... please post your interview experience in the database.

Congrats both of you. But I am a little freaked out by all the moving dancing objects on the screen. I understand though I did it too.

:biglove::welcome::zip::banana::D

LOL, they didn't post the dancing icons. I did. I'm just happy for them, that's all. :D

We will have our orientation from August 20th-22nd. So, we start three days earlier than the general UH population. They haven't told us yet the date for the white coat ceremony.
You should check out the orientation website:

http://www.uh.edu/pharmacy/orientation/

Read the pharmacy students' blogs, too. I find Michelle's blogs to be especially helpful. Others have great insight, as well.

So I just logged into my Peoplesoft for the first time, and there really isn't anything in here. No holds and nothing about my financial aid that I've already submitted. Is this normal if we just got our account? Does it take a while for everything to be updated?

We will have our orientation from August 20th-22nd. So, we start three days earlier than the general UH population. They haven't told us yet the date for the white coat ceremony.
You should check out the orientation website:

http://www.uh.edu/pharmacy/orientation/

Read the pharmacy students' blogs, too. I find Michelle's blogs to be especially helpful. Others have great insight, as well.

One of my friend's whose a P1 at UH said the white coat ceremony is the last day of orientation. but they may change that this year

So I just logged into my Peoplesoft for the first time, and there really isn't anything in here. No holds and nothing about my financial aid that I've already submitted. Is this normal if we just got our account? Does it take a while for everything to be updated?

there won't be anything about the financial aid that you just submitted. if you need additional documents or something, they will post that up under you "To-Do List". Other than that, just sit back and wait for your award to come in (this will also be posted on PS but not now).

how did you get the password to ur peoplesoft account?

I got my email last night too. I am extremely happy! I'm waiting for the official letter.

when do we sign up for classes?

I got my email last night too. I am extremely happy! I'm waiting for the official letter.

Congratulations!!:hardy: Are you going to UH or somewhere else? There are so many Texans on this board, it's hard to remember everyone's number one choice.

Anyway, I'll bring out the dancing banana for you, too. Your post is so subdued we almost missed it...And, just to freak out CPhTtoPharmD, again!:laugh::laugh:

:biglove::biglove::banana:Welcome to UHCOP Class of 2012!!!:banana::biglove::biglove:

cool, iguess it doesn't matter much anyways, since everyone will have the same classes

Congratulations!!:hardy: Are you going to UH or somewhere else? There are so many Texans on this board, it's hard to remember everyone's number one choice.

Anyway, I'll bring out the dancing banana for you, too. Your post is so subdued we almost missed it...And, just to freak out CPhTtoPharmD, again!:laugh::laugh:

:biglove::biglove::banana:Welcome to UHCOP Class of 2012!!!:banana::biglove::biglove:

LOL. Thank you, that was very nice of you. Right now, I am sort of undecided because I like UH and A & M both. I'm so used to the big city of Houston that I think UH is more suiting for me. Regardless, I am so excited! I got my official letter today! Woo hoo! :biglove:

Calculations textbook for sale. MINT condition. First $40...must pick up from me, in person, at school. Send me a PM if interested.

Book is SOLD as of 1 am 4/20

How and when do we get the list of books?

How and when do we get the list of books?

They should send you an email a little bit later stating the uh.edu/pharmacy/orientation address. On the website you can find a list of required books and items :)

congrats again :D

I had my interview on 4/11 and I believe they're going to be sending out acceptance/denial e-mails either sometime this week or next. I'm so nervous and anxious, but a little scared of the outcome too. Was this the hardest part of the whole process? Also, a big congrats to the class of '12 :) I am hoping to join you guys too!

I had my interview on 4/11 and I believe they're going to be sending out acceptance/denial e-mails either sometime this week or next. I'm so nervous and anxious, but a little scared of the outcome too. Was this the hardest part of the whole process? Also, a big congrats to the class of '12 :) I am hoping to join you guys too!

Mm.... I wonder if you are that crazy funny girl I know.... *ponder*

Yall cant hide from me!!! I know you!! I think it was the group thingy! :(

...........:smuggrin: :scared:<<<<<<Me at the group thingy!

........:smuggrin: Table :smuggrin:

..............:smuggrin:

Yall cant hide from me!!! I know you!! I think it was the group thingy! :(

...........:smuggrin: :scared:<<<<<<Me at the group thingy!

........:smuggrin: Table :smuggrin:

..............:smuggrin:

Hahahaha I know you too! The group interview was intimidating but I found it to be the most fun. It was only intimidating because there were like 15 people watching you, but after awhile, I forgot about them. Good luck Omar. I am waiting to hear the good news from you. :)

WOo hOo for Miss Doaniee :biglove:

Congrats, Doanie! I think I know who you are, too! I'm just guessing base on your screen name so don't feel spooked out! :D

Anyway, have any of you guys received any word about the FAFSA yet? I think I read in the booklet that they're suppose to let us know how much we qualified for aid around this time. Just wondering...I want to work out my budget asap. And also see if I can quit my job or not :laugh:

Congrats, Doanie! I think I know who you are, too! I'm just guessing base on your screen name so don't feel spooked out! :D

Anyway, have any of you guys received any word about the FAFSA yet? I think I read in the booklet that they're suppose to let us know how much we qualified for aid around this time. Just wondering...I want to work out my budget asap. And also see if I can quit my job or not :laugh:

Thank you!! Ahh, I'm curious now. Who could Ethyl Methyl be...give me a couple of hints. :) So now that I've been accepted... the FAFSA deadline has passed and I didn't fill it out. What shall I do now?

Thank you!! Ahh, I'm curious now. Who could Ethyl Methyl be...give me a couple of hints. :) So now that I've been accepted... the FAFSA deadline has passed and I didn't fill it out. What shall I do now?

hahaha!Okay, here's a hint: if I guessed your identity right, we were classmates in micro lab last year.

About the FAFSA, just fill them out as soon as possible. They'll still process it when they've received the necessary documents from you.

when do we sign up for classes?

I was checking my peoplesoft account earlier and it seems that our enrollment dates for pharmacy starts on April 30th. I have not received any word from the college about registering for classes, though.

:)Congratulations!! Doanie I am so happy for you, seriously, I am so proud of you ! :hardy: I dont know how to get you a dancing monkey, if i knew I would. I dont know about UH for me though. (I messed up the interview) but its Ok,
I just received good news from Kingsville! yay!, but I dont have 500 dollars :(. but yay!

hahaha!Okay, here's a hint: if I guessed your identity right, we were classmates in micro lab last year.

About the FAFSA, just fill them out as soon as possible. They'll still process it when they've received the necessary documents from you.

There's only one person that I know who got into UHCOP and was also in my microbio lab. Are your initials C.B.? :)

:)Congratulations!! Doanie I am so happy for you, seriously, I am so proud of you ! :hardy: I dont know how to get you a dancing monkey, if i knew I would. I dont know about UH for me though. (I messed up the interview) but its Ok,
I just received good new from Kingsville! yay!, but I dont have 500 dollars :(. but yay!

Thank you! We're pharmD bound. :) Congratulations on your good news too! I knew you'd make it. No sweat. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you though, because I'd much rather you go to UH than A&M!

this forum's so much fun to read with all you nice people and the smiley faces dancing :D

this forum's so much fun to read with all you nice people and the smiley faces dancing :D

We like to keep things friendly around here.:D No flaming, trolling or bickering allowed. :smuggrin: Everyone is awesome! We're gonna have soooo much F U N in pharmacy school!:hardy::hardy: You can still join us, you know! :D JK, I know you love it there at UT.

I think the best part of being accepted was changing and adding all the education information on Facebook. :p Heck, I did it on MySpace too.