Uh 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm friend

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
starting this new thread for questions and comments specific to UH 2008 entering applicants...texas school applicants thread is getting so long!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for this... I'm new to SDN, but according to what I have been reading, some people have received interviews for UH for this friday. I have to say that im disappointed bc UH is the only pharmacy school I want to go to, and I have worked really hard to do well and get in, but still haven't heard anything.

My stats are: 4.0 GPA and 96% comp pcat and great LORs, so I don't know what's wrong.

Is anyone else in my situation?

Does anyone know if the 2nd round of interview invites have already been sent out?

I'm really hoping for that one!

Thanks for this... I'm new to SDN, but according to what I have been reading, some people have received interviews for UH for this friday. I have to say that im disappointed bc UH is the only pharmacy school I want to go to, and I have worked really hard to do well and get in, but still haven't heard anything.

My stats are: 4.0 GPA and 96% comp pcat and great LORs, so I don't know what's wrong.

Is anyone else in my situation?

Does anyone know if the 2nd round of interview invites have already been sent out?

I'm really hoping for that one!

When did you turn in your application? UH has rolling admissions so the earlier you turned in your application the better are your chances of getting called for the first, 2nd or third round of interviews. Do not worry so much... you have great stats. I'm sure you'll get one eventually.

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew that, so I made sure to have my application in early.... It was done by end of September... and all the letters were in by mid-Oct.

I knew that, so I made sure to have my application in early.... It was done by end of September... and all the letters were in by mid-Oct.

wow! that is very odd...you should be a shoe in based on your stats...sorry, you must be so confused right now...good luck, though.

Ya, I'm really confused and really worried. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?

Also, so the invitation is via the online application?... that's odd. I thought for sure it was via email.

Is everything for your application listed as "complete" or "received" on the website?

Ya, I'm really confused and really worried. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?

Also, so the invitation is via the online application?... that's odd. I thought for sure it was via email.

oh, tx tech is via online app...that was my mistake...uh is via email, you're right....

Thanks Pharm friend for starting this new thread! It was getting a bit ridiculous having to scroll thru all the TX applicants posts :) My application was completed around Oct. 23rd and I didn't get an interview offer for the 2nd round either:( But...It's not over until the rejection letter is in the mail. So for all of you in the same shoes....Be encouraged!!! Remember they can't interview all 125 of their future students in 2 interview spaces. There's still room at the table for all of us! Good Luck!

UHpharm9, you have the best stats I have seen. Surely, you will get an interview soon.
Your GPA 4.0, is that on the scale of 4.0......you got `A' in every subject you took...hats off to you.

Ya, it is off a scale of 4.0 as I go to UH. I've done everything they asked, as I have even worked in a pharmacy for a year, volunteered, etc, so I don't know what's going on. Does anyone know if they do weird stuff like this?

Ya, it is off a scale of 4.0 as I go to UH. I've done everything they asked, as I have even worked in a pharmacy for a year, volunteered, etc, so I don't know what's going on. Does anyone know if they do weird stuff like this?

That is really odd...maybe you should contact them and ask why. Your stats are better than mine so at the very least you should get an invite. Good luck. I hope you hear from them soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
People who have interview tomorrow:

What are you all doing tonight? Any last minute preparations? I'm at my wits end as I don't feel I'll ever be ready. This is worse than the night before taking the pcat...I hope we all do well tomorrow. :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

That is really odd...maybe you should contact them and ask why. Your stats are better than mine so at the very least you should get an invite. Good luck. I hope you hear from them soon.

yeah, your stats are WAY better than mine so if I were you, I will definitely ask them if the adcoms has reviewed my application. Ask Miss Lewis, she should know more. :)

To all those that have interviews tommorow GOOD LUCK! I'm currently a P1 and so I'll tell my fellow classmates to go easy on you, hahaha. Don't worry, just relax and be yourself, although that's easier said than done.

To all those that have interviews tommorow GOOD LUCK! I'm currently a P1 and so I'll tell my fellow classmates to go easy on you, hahaha. Don't worry, just relax and be yourself, although that's easier said than done.

It going to be really cold tomorrow...Is there someplace we can hang out coats?

I'm not sure if there's a specific place to hang your coats. I was just at the TMC last week on a very cold day and everyone seemed to keep their coats on. Honestly, if I remember correctly, they keep the building a little chilly so you might as well keep your coat on.
Once again, just relax and if you're in the waiting room feel free to ask as many ?'s as you can to the current p1's. I'm sure there will be some p2's and even p3's there as well.

Once again, just relax and if you're in the waiting room feel free to ask as many ?'s as you can to the current p1's. I'm sure there will be some p2's and even p3's there as well.

Excellent advice there guys. Good luck to each of you.:luck:

I'm still waiting for mine and I've submitted back in December. It's kind of depressing since I always walk past the pharmacy building.

For those who received an interview when did you turn in your application? Let us know how it went!

I'm still waiting, too, and I submitted my application at the beginning of November. I'm actually a reapplicant and I was wait listed last year, but didn't get in because the class was full, so I was wondering if anyone has any idea if reapplicants automatically get interviews...

For those that interviewed today I hope it went well.

For those that interviewed today I hope it went well.

I think I could speak for most of us who interviewed at UH today, and say that we felt very good about the interview process. Everyone was very kind and hospitable. I personally did not go more than five minutes with out talking (except in the writing and prep area). The consencus seemed to be UH was a kind, caring, and teambuilding college.:love:

I just hope to get that acceptance letter in the next month.:D:D

My friend just told me that UH called her about two days ago for their second round interview on Feb 22 at 8:30. I was really sad to hear they already sent out invites for round two. Does anyone know how many interview rounds UH has?

Im pretty sure they have 4 rounds. ( end of each month jan thru april), but I could be wrong.

sorry aggie07 i was just guessing.

I think there usually 8-9 dates, so everyone can really just calm down. It's still early.

no there are only 4 rounds.. one for each month

Achilleus - you are wrong. Don't know what else to tell you.

Obviously my location as Houston and status as Pharmacy Student were not enough for you to catch on so let me put it all together for you: I am a student at UHCOP. I am assisting with interviews so I know how many there are. You should edit your previous comment and stop distributing false information.

I had a great time yesterday. You all did an excellent job in keeping everything running smoothly. It certainly helped in calming my nerves down a little bit.

Now I just need to wait for THE word (gulp!). The adcom people were saying it's going to take 3-4 weeks, is this true? I think I read someplace where they say that if they like you it only take 2 weeks? How long did you have to wait to find out that you were accepted?

Dienophile, I didn't get the chance to meet you (or maybe I did, idk)...there were too many people wearing white coats :D.

I had a great time yesterday. You all did an excellent job in keeping everything running smoothly. It certainly helped in calming my nerves down a little bit.

Now I just need to wait for THE word (gulp!). The adcom people were saying it's going to take 3-4 weeks, is this true? I think I read someplace where they say that if they like you it only take 2 weeks? How long did you have to wait to find out that you were accepted?

Dienophile, I didn't get the chance to meet you (or maybe I did, idk)...there were too many people wearing white coats :D.

Glad you feel positive about the interview. That is surely a positive sign. Last year my interviewer told me 3-4 weeks, but I got my acceptance in 17 days. You may very well know by Valentines Day. Maybe Aggie07 will chime in on how long it took for her to find out (if she's not to busy studying radiopharmaceuticals for our test on Monday). I think she interviewed in the round before me.

You did not get the honor of meeting me :laugh:. I think I volunteered for two of the three rounds in March, and one of the three in April. Or maybe it was the two rounds in feburary and the one in May... I'm not real sure which of those 9 rounds I volunteered for, but I will be there sometime.:smuggrin:

As stated before, I am a P1 as well and I'm also helping out with the interviews and I can assure you there are more than 4 rounds. I heard back n 2 weeks but just because you don't hear back in 2 weeks don't assume you got rejected. I know that everyone is wishing they would've said things differently or done things differently at the interview but don't even worry about that, I'm sure that everyone did their best! I know it's hard to do but be patient and if you have any other interviews coming up then start focusing on those.
Ok, I gotta get back to studying radiopharmaceuticals, I'm gonna have to cram like mad; time for another starbucks run.

P.S. Dienophile and Aggie07, WHO ARE YOU GUYS!!!

Does it seem weird to everyone else that UH is going to make their decision on the first round students before ever seeing the second round. But it doesn't look the same for the Second and future rounds. Is this really how it is going to be?:rolleyes:

interview went well overall...what did the rest of you think about your interview? good luck to all you fellow interviewees! :luck:

Does anyone have any idea how many people UH interview?

Does anyone have any idea how many people UH interview?

Well, with 8 to 9 rounds and 30 ppl for each time, you do the calculation.

It will be about 270 ppl. A little less than 50% chance for an interviewee~
That just what I thought, dun question me.:D

I got an interview invite at UH for Feb 29th! I hope this isn't a joke. That would be too cruel!

Is it wrong of me to not want a specific person to not be accepted to UH?

This person just submitted their app. about a week ago and just got an invite for an interview. The person IMO is lazy and agorant, and I have had to work with this person on a group assignment and they do not pull their weight at all. So is it really wrong of me to not want this person to be in my, very hopefull, pharmacy school?:thumbup::thumbdown:thumbup::confused:

Is it wrong of me to not want a specific person to not be accepted to UH?

This person just submitted their app. about a week ago and just got an invite for an interview. The person IMO is lazy and agorant, and I have had to work with this person on a group assignment and they do not pull their weight at all. So is it really wrong of me to not want this person to be in my, very hopefull, pharmacy school?:thumbup::thumbdown:thumbup::confused:

i'd say it's not wise to wish badly upon others b/c what goes around comes around. i wouldn't want anyone to wish badly upon me, so i try not to think those things of others. if this person gets accepted, good for them b/c everything happens for a reason, and if they really don't deserve it, then they won't get it.

just think about yourself and focus on what you want for now. good luck!!:luck:

I just Im just frustrated by the fact that I have done so much to try to get into to this school (IE turning my app in early, working my butt off to make great grades while working fulltime). And this person is barely trying and already has an interview invite. I just know a hundred other applicants that would be more passionate about pharm school than this person.

And its not that I hope they dont get in anywhere I just dont want them at UH. It is a great school and I dont want this human leech there. But Im am just venting and I guess I just have anxiety from waiting for the acceptance letter.

Unless you are on the admissions committee, you have no say in acceptance/denial for this person. Therefore, the best you can do is focus on yourself and not let them pull you down emotionally.

Hopefully their attitude will be apparent to the admissions committee and they won't get in. Remember, that's the whole point of the interview!

I got an interview invite at UH for Feb 29th! I hope this isn't a joke. That would be too cruel!

Don't worry bc its not a joke... I got the invite yesterday also for Feb 29th!!!

YAY! OMG..I kept on checking this thread and it seemed as though noone else had gotten one. Thanks for all the congrats.

To all those that got the invite, was the interview in the medical center? All this time, I thought it would be at UH at the Pharmacy building.

I just Im just frustrated by the fact that I have done so much to try to get into to this school (IE turning my app in early, working my butt off to make great grades while working fulltime). And this person is barely trying and already has an interview invite. I just know a hundred other applicants that would be more passionate about pharm school than this person.

And its not that I hope they dont get in anywhere I just dont want them at UH. It is a great school and I dont want this human leech there. But Im am just venting and I guess I just have anxiety from waiting for the acceptance letter.

My thoughts on this:
1. Once you get in, your in. The competition is over, or at least it should be. So don't worry about this person. They will reap what they sow.
2. If you and this person get in, and if by some fantastic chance you are grouped together; for some group projects you are required and honor bound to evaluate you peers' performance. It's part of your grade.
3. I've only heard of a few problems with group members not pulling their weight, and in most of these instances, the slacker gets confronted.
4. I know the anxiety can be hell. I completely understand your viewpoint on this issue, but it's out of your hands. Go drink a beer.