UH Hilo 2017 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustMeRX

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't seen anything around about UH Hilo and I was wondering if anyone else plans on applying to this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I haven't seen anything around about UH Hilo and I was wondering if anyone else plans on applying to this school?

Hello! JustMeRx! I just submitted my application to the school. Have you sent yours? Have you heard from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Yes, I applied early decision and I actually just got notified yesterday of my acceptance!

i have my interview on nov 10th! any tips? congrats on the acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
i have my interview on nov 10th! any tips? congrats on the acceptance!

Hey there!

I also had my interview recently and was just accepted. Are you flying out to Hilo or having the interview somewhere else?

I was offered in-person interview or skype interview, and I chose to fly out. Although pricey, it was definitely worth it since I was able to meet Kristy (from email correspondents), the interviewers and the students (during open forum). I concur with everything you've probably read on SDN that the staff and students were super nice, and some of the students that walked past me gave me words of encouragement. I was also able to see what the current classrooms and facilities look like inside. They're also in the process of having their new building constructed and supposed to be completed by 2018 (fingers crossed!).

The only tips I can think of, off the top of my head, are to check out the SDN interview feedback page and the school's homepage. Everything I was asked was pretty much from there. When I prepared, I thought it was only going to be 3 questions max (since that's what it shows for SDN, haha), but I'm glad I went the extra mile and just practiced all the questions listed. Don't bother getting it down perfectly, trust me. When it comes time, you won't remember half the stuff you practiced, and it sounds better to be natural than regurgitating. There was no funky, trick questions like "What's your favorite rock?" :) Also, make sure you dress up. It's only 1 day to look nice for a change, so put in that extra effort.

If you are flying out, my tip for that is to check out AirBnB. Less expensive than hotels, and I found one about 10 minutes, by car, to school. Based on your username, I'm assuming you're flying in from LAX so you won't have to worry about a layover at Honolulu. Otherwise, if you do, just be aware that Honolulu airport closes from 10pm to 4am :) so bring a nice blanket and pillow.

Best of luck to you :)

Reactions: 2 users