Uh 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I have figured out which one on face book you are IWang.

Members don't see this ad.

I begin to feel jealous of you guys....coz you get to stay in Houston!!!
BTW....
:banana:IWang: See you in Banquet to celebrate our glory!!:banana:

haha Thanks Kiki, I'm so excited about the banquet, me and the others are going to shop for gifts next week :D

I think I have figured out which one on face book you are IWang.

:) Nice to meet you

Members don't see this ad :)
haha Thanks Kiki, I'm so excited about the banquet, me and the others are going to shop for gifts next week :D

I only attended one meeting so far this semester but I was very active last semester, can I go to the banquet as well?

I only attended one meeting so far this semester but I was very active last semester, can I go to the banquet as well?

Of course you can! It's free for all members. Guests are also welcome, but they have to pay for the food fee. :) if you have facebook I have just created the event for it. If not, gmail us to RSVP.

I look forward to see you there :laugh:

So we're supposed to have a FAFSA submitted before April 1st. Does anyone know if we just need to have it submitted before then, but we can correct it at anytime after it has been processed? Because when I filled it out like a month ago, I put down both UT and UH because if I didn't get into pharm school I'd finish my degree at UT, so I put for my degree.. 1st bachelors. UH pharm said to put grad/professional degree. Can I go back and correct it after April 1st? Sorry if my question is confusing. Oh and, where are people referring to when they say there's an area around UH that is pretty ghetto/dangerous? Is it dangerous around the Cullen apartments/Quadrangle/Cougar place area? b/c that's I'm thinking about living in one of those places.

No those are on campus and not to bad, but as soon as you get off campus it gets nasty.

So we're supposed to have a FAFSA submitted before April 1st. Does anyone know if we just need to have it submitted before then, but we can correct it at anytime after it has been processed? Because when I filled it out like a month ago, I put down both UT and UH because if I didn't get into pharm school I'd finish my degree at UT, so I put for my degree.. 1st bachelors. UH pharm said to put grad/professional degree. Can I go back and correct it after April 1st? Sorry if my question is confusing. Oh and, where are people referring to when they say there's an area around UH that is pretty ghetto/dangerous? Is it dangerous around the Cullen apartments/Quadrangle/Cougar place area? b/c that's I'm thinking about living in one of those places.

I don't know much about your FAFSA situation. You can call the UH Financial Aid Office and talk to an advisor. Here's the number: (713) 743-1010 Option 3. Ask to talk to Shauna Owens, who is the College of Pharmacy Financial Aid Advisor.

As for the ghetto part of UH, CPhTtoPharmD is right. You'll be totally fine and safe living in any of the places you listed (or anywhere on campus for that matter). You don't have to worry about ghettoness lol. Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course you can! It's free for all members. Guests are also welcome, but they have to pay for the food fee. :) if you have facebook I have just created the event for it. If not, gmail us to RSVP.

I look forward to see you there :laugh:

Thanks!

You must turn in all documents for FAFSA before April 1 to be considered for priority funding (or something). That will include submitting a copy of your acceptance letter to the office of financial aid. If you have other things on your To Do List on Peoplesoft, you must do them also. As for making the corrections, I think you can log in to your FAFSA application and do the corrections there (not sure about this, though).

Come on Ethyl Methyl... you can do it!!! Figure out the mystery of my identity

I'm starting to get a headache. I really can't figure you out. Were we classmates before? Do we know the same people on campus? AHHH...it's Friday!!!!! My brain is toast!
So, who do you think I am? Don't post it here, pls pm me :D.

I have a quick question. I am "tabled", does that mean they will review my application everytime they review apps for an interview round or do they wait until the very end?

Thanks!

You must turn in all documents for FAFSA before April 1 to be considered for priority funding (or something). That will include submitting a copy of your acceptance letter to the office of financial aid. If you have other things on your To Do List on Peoplesoft, you must do them also. As for making the corrections, I think you can log in to your FAFSA application and do the corrections there (not sure about this, though).

What if we just got accepted and don't have our letter of acceptance or anything in the mail yet. April 1 is coming up. I'll be calling UH on Monday, but any answers you could give me will be greatly appreciated!

What if we just got accepted and don't have our letter of acceptance or anything in the mail yet. April 1 is coming up. I'll be calling UH on Monday, but any answers you could give me will be greatly appreciated!

I think that the April 1st deadline is when you have to have your FAFSA turned in. The acceptance letter can wait. I don't think it would make much sense for the acceptance letter to be submitted before that date being that students are still being interviewed and accepted through May. But I may be wrong

Hey everyone... many of you may have known about this but I sure didn't. I haven't gotten my acceptance letter yet so I may be the only one here that is oblivious to this.

www.uh.edu/pharmacy/orientation

I have a quick question. I am "tabled", does that mean they will review my application everytime they review apps for an interview round or do they wait until the very end?

I think after every interview, not the end

I think I've figured out who Ethyl Methyl is but no one else

You definitely not the only one....I know her too...VERY WELL:D
Achilleus, who are you? You going to PPA? I might see you somewhere in campus.

You definitely not the only one....I know her too...VERY WELL:D
Achilleus, who are you? You going to PPA? I might see you somewhere in campus.

I'm a member of PPA. But I only went to the meetings last semester. They're just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late for me. I leave campus at 1 so I don't really bother staying 4 hours or so for the meetings. You very well may have seen me on campus. I'll PM you my facebook

To all future cougars, I am wondering if anyone applying was accepted into both UH and UT and chose UH. I was accepted into both programs, and cannot decide!! I was so impressed at my UH interview by not only the medical center and professors, but also by how nice everyone is there! If you did choose UH, why? I could use some help. Thanks!

To all future cougars, I am wondering if anyone applying was accepted into both UH and UT and chose UH. I was accepted into both programs, and cannot decide!! I was so impressed at my UH interview by not only the medical center and professors, but also by how nice everyone is there! If you did choose UH, why? I could use some help. Thanks!

i will say go with ur heart, cos that is what matters most.

I love UH because I have heard and experienced a little already about the "big family" feeling from their pharmacy students. I was one of the member in their AphA organization and had a feel of how the students are with each others. The advisers and students are always so helpful and friendly. The 99% passrate on Naplex just show me that the professors know what they are doing and with hard work (of course) I will be really successfull coming out. TMC and the location of the school is also another factor for me.

I also agree with the person above me. Your reasons for wanting to go there might be different than others, just think about how the school made you feel when you are interviewed.

Hope that helps a little :)

Thanks Achilleus and IWang for responding. COngrats to everyone who has gotten accepted. I hate this whole waiting period. I just hope my acceptance email come soon.

Someone told me that last year after all interviews were complete, they ranked the students that were tabled and that was the order of the waiting list. If you seach last years threads, you can see how deep into the waiting list they went.

I love UH because I have heard and experienced a little already about the "big family" feeling from their pharmacy students. I was one of the member in their AphA organization and had a feel of how the students are with each others. The advisers and students are always so helpful and friendly. The 99% passrate on Naplex just show me that the professors know what they are doing and with hard work (of course) I will be really successfull coming out. TMC and the location of the school is also another factor for me.

I also agree with the person above me. Your reasons for wanting to go there might be different than others, just think about how the school made you feel when you are interviewed.

Hope that helps a little :)

See, that's what is making this tough. I got my acceptance email last Thursday, and now I'm trying to decide between Tech and UH. To me there is a lot of impressive things about both schools. I'm leaning towards Tech, but every time I think about UH, I think about the things you mentioned above. Especially their relationship with TMC.

I'm not sure there is a "wrong" decision, but it's still a tough decision.

IWang, didn't you get accepted by Tech, also?

See, that's what is making this tough. I got my acceptance email last Thursday, and now I'm trying to decide between Tech and UH. To me there is a lot of impressive things about both schools. I'm leaning towards Tech, but every time I think about UH, I think about the things you mentioned above. Especially their relationship with TMC.

I wish I was in the same shoe. Both schools have well-established program, if I were you, the only thing to consider is LOCATION.:rolleyes:

I wish I was in the same shoe. Both schools have well-established program, if I were you, the only thing to consider is LOCATION.:rolleyes:

Ah, Tech is half way between where I live now and my family, while UH is 4 hours in the opposite direction. Also, Tech has offered me Amarillo/Dallas, and I currently live in Dallas. It would cut my living expenses significantly.

I thought you had also been accepted at both. :confused:

Ah, Tech is half way between where I live now and my family, while UH is 4 hours in the opposite direction. Also, Tech has offered me Amarillo/Dallas, and I currently live in Dallas. It would cut my living expenses significantly.

I got accepted to both. I send you a PM of why I chose UH over Tech.

Actually, it was TSU :) But UH had always been my top choice. Good luck with your decision! Exactly, there is no wrong choice, just know that you are already AWESOME for making into a pharmacy school :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

No, I was accepted to TSU and Texas Tech, rejected by UH.:(:mad:
From what you've mentioned, I think tech will be a better choice for you coz you gonna save a bunch from living expenses. Unless you think UH is better school than tech, then that's another matter to take into consideration.

Happy bday IWang. :hardy::hardy::hardy: You think the acceptance to UH is the best birthday present you could receive?

That would be one heck of a bday gift right there. For my bday, I was stressing out about why I hadn't received an invitation for UH :(

:hardy: Happy Birthday!!! :hardy:

Happy bday IWang. :hardy::hardy::hardy: You think the acceptance to UH is the best birthday present you could receive?
That would be one heck of a bday gift right there. For my bday, I was stressing out about why I hadn't received an invitation for UH :(

:hardy: Happy Birthday!!! :hardy:

! CPhTtoPharmD, you knew my birthday! could it be... facebook!? haha or... SDN!? or.... I don't know haha

Aw Achilleus hope you still get to eat awesome food on your birthday :hardy: But HEY WE ALL MADE IT IN YAY!
Thank you both so much for the birthday wishes :biglove: and yes It was absolutly the Best gift ever!!! that and my friend's surprise dinner for me on the day before! I sure feel like the most loved and happiest person this weekened haha ;D

If we select grad/professional degree for FAFSA, does this make the EFC 0? Just wondering, b/c that is what mine says after I corrected it from 1st bachelors, which was what I had when I initially submitted my FAFSA a month ago

If we select grad/professional degree for FAFSA, does this make the EFC 0? Just wondering, b/c that is what mine says after I corrected it from 1st bachelors, which was what I had when I initially submitted my FAFSA a month ago

Yes ur EFC would be 0, depending on how much u made the previous year. But since u chose grad degree. u are not going to be eligible for fed grant. but don't get me wrong cos, they will offer u lots of loans.

Yes ur EFC would be 0, depending on how much u made the previous year. But since u chose grad degree. u are not going to be eligible for fed grant. but don't get me wrong cos, they will offer u lots of loans.

I don't know much about financial aid, but I remember someone in my class saying that they got some knid of grant.

I'm pretty sure I have already addressed this topic on this very thread, but again, you can receive a grant.

CPhTtoPharmD,

Did you turn in your acceptance letter to financial aid office already? How long did it take for them to clear it out of your To Do List on Peoplesoft? I submitted mine on 3/26/08 but it's still showing on my To Do List.

Another thing, I was reading the Criminal Background check link (which they took down) on the orientation website and it was saying something about a "badge" that we're suppose to show to get drug tested. Where do we get that?

I got my OFFICIAL letter in the mail today!! Yay!!! Now time to hurry to the Financial Aid Office tomorrow to clear up and submit a copy of my letter

If anybody knows

For the background check package that we purchased, do we just turn in the confirmation page (receipt) with password to UH so they can see our info when it is done?

If anybody knows

For the background check package that we purchased, do we just turn in the confirmation page (receipt) with password to UH so they can see our info when it is done?

You don't need to. I think the company sends them a copy of your report.

I'm pretty sure I have already addressed this topic on this very thread, but again, you can receive a grant.

AH.... The mystery is solved. At least until we get to the next page. :D

Dienophile and Aggie07,

How often do you guys wear "professional attire" to your classes? Sometimes, I see pharmacy students wearing business casual and sometimes I see them in jeans. I'm just thinking I might need to "expand" my wardrobe a little. Actually, just looking for an excuse to go shopping :D.

CPhTtoPharmD,

Did you turn in your acceptance letter to financial aid office already? How long did it take for them to clear it out of your To Do List on Peoplesoft? I submitted mine on 3/26/08 but it's still showing on my To Do List.

Another thing, I was reading the Criminal Background check link (which they took down) on the orientation website and it was saying something about a "badge" that we're suppose to show to get drug tested. Where do we get that?

where does it say we have to get a drug test?
the only thing about a badge that i saw was that badge that you have to pay 10 bucks for so that they can put one on your white coat. when's the drug test due?

where does it say we have to get a drug test?
the only thing about a badge that i saw was that badge that you have to pay 10 bucks for so that they can put one on your white coat. when's the drug test due?

A couple of days ago, they had a "background check" link under "required items" on the UHCOP orientation website. It's no longer there. They took it down for some reason. Anyways, under that link, which gives you the instructions on how to get your criminal background check, they also mentioned something about the drug test. They said we need to show our "badge" to the drug testing company in order to get tested. It was a little unclear to me where we're supposed to obtain the said "badge" hence my question.

The drug test might be due right before the orientation but I'm not sure since I didn't really write down the details. Perhaps, things will clear up once the put up the link again.

The patch for your white coat is different from the badge that I'm talking about.