UGA College of Pharmacy (Fall 2013 Marticulation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my letter. I currently go to Auburn University and my letter was waiting for me when I got back here from Easter at home. (About 5:30 CST)

The letter was dated March 28th, which was last Thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone in athens and hasn't gotten their mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I just don't understand why people getting emails would have to wait longer to know than people getting letters..

which address did you guys receive your letters at? was it the preferred address on pharmcas application, or the address you submitted for the supplemental application?

Emails were sent out today. I didn't get accepted. So if you didn't receive an email that's good news. I've already been accepted to Mercer so I'll be happily going there in the Fall. Congrats to everyone who got accepted to UGA!

Emails were sent out today. I didn't get accepted. So if you didn't receive an email that's good news. I've already been accepted to Mercer so I'll be happily going there in the Fall. Congrats to everyone who got accepted to UGA!

I was waitlisted also. I had already been admitted to Mercer, as well. Looks like we'll be classmates there.

I was waitlisted also. I had already been admitted to Mercer, as well. Looks like we'll be classmates there.

Cool congrats on Mercer! I actually got rejected from UGA. I'm not gonna lie my interview was not good because it was my first interview and I was too nervous. At least you still have some hope for UGA.

Cool congrats on Mercer! I actually got rejected from UGA. I'm not gonna lie my interview was not good because it was my first interview and I was too nervous. At least you still have some hope for UGA.

Haha. I emailed Dr. Wolfgang to see how far down I am on the list. No response yet. I didn't know UGA sent out actual rejections. I just thought anyone that didn't make it in was put on the list. Either way, my chances are pretty small. Odds are, I'll see you at Mercer!

Haha. I emailed Dr. Wolfgang to see how far down I am on the list. No response yet. I didn't know UGA sent out actual rejections. I just thought anyone that didn't make it in was put on the list. Either way, my chances are pretty small. Odds are, I'll see you at Mercer!

Just got word I'm #13.

I wonder what my chances are?

Just got word I'm #13.

I wonder what my chances are?
Wow that's pretty far up. I'm sure most people who interview get placed on the wait list unless you're interview did not go well, such as in my case. So you are #13 out of maybe 90-100 people on the wait list. That's really good. You have all Summer to find out. I wish the best of luck to you!

Wow that's pretty far up. I'm sure most people who interview get placed on the wait list unless you're interview did not go well, such as in my case. So you are #13 out of maybe 90-100 people on the wait list. That's really good. You have all Summer to find out. I wish the best of luck to you!

Thanks, I do appreciate it! Maybe I'll see you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Emails normally go out all at once. So you likely will have good news in the mail soon. Don't quote me on it though haha. Congrats to those who got in, Ill be seeing all of you this fall!

I'm #9 on the alternate list. I'm hoping that's close enough to nudge an acceptance offer within the next couple of months! *fingers crossed*

Does anyone know where I can find a good estimate for the total cost of attendance? I have numbers from the student handbook for tuition, fees, and room/board. Any current students who can provide this number from their financial aid package last year?

I am interested in this as well. The out of state cost and loans are daunting.

I'm #9 on the alternate list. I'm hoping that's close enough to nudge an acceptance offer within the next couple of months! *fingers crossed*

Could you let me know if/when you get pulled off the list? I'd like to know when/if I still have a chance!

Thanks!

I'm OOS and received my acceptance letter Monday but I'm going to be giving up my spot as I've already been accepted to my number one. Goodluck everyone!!

I'm OOS and received my acceptance letter Monday but I'm going to be giving up my spot as I've already been accepted to my number one. Goodluck everyone!!

Congrats, CJay! Best of luck to you.

Just got my acceptance letter yesterday, but turned them down. I got accepted to UNC, which is in-state tuition for me, and I have completed all requirements. So giving up my spot. Good luck to the rest of you!!!!!

:)

Can accepted students post their stats please.. Thanks in advance

I don't know my prereq GPA for UGA, but my PharmCAS cumulative, PharmCAS science, and post-bacc GPAs are 2.70, 2.55, and 4.00 respectively. My PCAT was 96th %ile. I have a BS in Biochem (and a music minor) from USC in Los Angeles. I have a couple years basic science research experience in an innate immunity lab that studies various infectious diseases. I also have 2 years hospital pharmacy volunteer experience and a few months of volunteer clinical research experience. I have a good amount of extracurriculars too.

If you want to know anything else, let me know.

I don't know my prereq GPA for UGA, but my PharmCAS cumulative, PharmCAS science, and post-bacc GPAs are 2.70, 2.55, and 4.00 respectively. My PCAT was 96th %ile. I have a BS in Biochem (and a music minor) from USC in Los Angeles. I have a couple years basic science research experience in an innate immunity lab that studies various infectious diseases. I also have 2 years hospital pharmacy volunteer experience and a few months of volunteer clinical research experience. I have a good amount of extracurriculars too.

If you want to know anything else, let me know.

Thanks for such a detailed answer.. I plan on appyling next year so I just want to get an idea of what accepted students stats are so that I can know what would be a competive GPA and PCAT score..

Do your acceptance letters say you must finish your prereqs even if you have already finished all your prereqs?

Do your acceptance letters say you must finish your prereqs even if you have already finished all your prereqs?

I haven't finished the prereqs, so I can't say with certainty. I think though it's just a form letter and contains the same language for everyone. I bet everyone's letter says to complete prerequisites.

Can accepted students post their stats please.. Thanks in advance

85% on PCAT. I'm not sure how UGA calculates GPA but on PharmCAS I have a 3.70, 3.40, and 3.85 GPA for non-science, science, and math, respectively.

I haven't finished the prereqs, so I can't say with certainty. I think though it's just a form letter and contains the same language for everyone. I bet everyone's letter says to complete prerequisites.

Did someone from the school tell you the ones you needed to complete?

Have you guys already started signing contracts for apartments?

I received my acceptance letter on March 28th! I got accepted to Auburn, U of TN, Mercer, and UGA! UGA is my primary choice for many, many reasons but anyhow here are my stats:

B.S. in Biology (from Southern Polytechnic State University)
3.2 cumulative GPA; 3.4 pre-pharmacy GPA
4-year soccer scholarship

69% composite score (95% chem; 79% bio)
15 months of retail pharmacy experience (Kroger Co)

4 LORs (2 from both of my pharmacist, 1 from Anatomy and Physiology professor, and 1 from Virology/Immunology professor)

I am Hispanic so that helped immensely! Bilingual in Spanish of course (Born in Colombia; I also had a very strong personal statement).

And quite frankly I possess superb interpersonal skills so my interview went extremely well!

My best advice to future candidates is the following: 1. Obtain pharmacy experience; 2. Study hard and try to earn a B.S. (it will help immensely in many ways); and 3. invest significant time on your application (it will make or break your chances of even being considered for an interview).

Best of luck to ALL!
--
"FORTUNE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND."

I'm basically on the other end of the spectrum. My gpa is a 3.57 including lots of extra biology courses they don't require, and I have an 87 composite PCAT. My numbers were good, which got me the interview. BUT I have minimal actual pharmacy experience. I shadowed for about a week at a local pharmacy back home. What set me apart, I believe, was being a UTA for Anatomy & Phys for two semesters. I talked a lot about communication skills and responsibility in my personal statement. I won't have my bachelor's before matriculating.

This is just the other side of the spectrum. If you can get solid numbers, you're guaranteed an interview pretty much. Pharmacy experience not necessarily required as long as you know why you want to be one.

Did anyone else get an email about some sort of drug test?

Did anyone else get an email about some sort of drug test?

I did but it was because I was accepted into anouther school. Dr. Wolfgang and Ms, Herda told me not to pay or take the drug test because it wasn't associated with UGACOP.

Hey!! I'm also a prospective applicant. It's somewhat refreshing to see someone else who is actually doing research before hand. But July, which is when the application is open, is so close, yet far away.

Could you let me know if/when you get pulled off the list? I'd like to know when/if I still have a chance!

Thanks!
I was accepted today! I'm so excited by this opportunity, and I hope things work out for you as well!

I was accepted today! I'm so excited by this opportunity, and I hope things work out for you as well!

Thank you so much for the update and congrats! I'm #13 so I have four more to go. Have the admittees that have expressed interest in other schools already turned down UGA or are y'all waiting a bit longer?

Thank you so much for the update and congrats! I'm #13 so I have four more to go. Have the admittees that have expressed interest in other schools already turned down UGA or are y'all waiting a bit longer?

I just rescinded my acceptance, so hopefully you'll hear from them soon :)

I just rescinded my acceptance, so hopefully you'll hear from them soon :)

I was accepted; however, I was accepted into the Albany 3rd year program. There isn't a person out there that would want to switch their Athens third year to Albany is there? Haha.

I was pulled off the alternate list and got accepted but Im declining. More spots will open for you all

I was accepted; however, I was accepted into the Albany 3rd year program. There isn't a person out there that would want to switch their Athens third year to Albany is there? Haha.
When I was accepted a couple of weeks back it was originally for the 2+2 program, heading to Albany for the last 2 years, however, I have now been offered a seat in Athens for year 3! So excited about this as I was really hoping to get spend at least 3 years in the Athens area!

When I was accepted a couple of weeks back it was originally for the 2+2 program, heading to Albany for the last 2 years, however, I have now been offered a seat in Athens for year 3! So excited about this as I was really hoping to get spend at least 3 years in the Athens area!

I just got the same thing! I was sent an email saying I will be in 3+1 program now! Looks like we'll be classmates!