UGA College of Pharmacy (Fall 2013 Marticulation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I have an interview Nov. 14.

GPA: 3.5
PCAT Composite: 74
If everything works out will have B.S. in Biochemistry in May 2013

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, All!

For the ones that received an interview- what are your stats? (If you don't mind me asking). I'm curious as to waht I need to make on my second PCAT to get an interview. Thanks!

Hey! I have an interview Nov. 14.
PCAT Composite: 74
GPA: 3.5

Hope this helps, good luck!:thumbup:

Thanks for the response! I'm sitting on a 3.15 GPA and 72 PCAT right now. Taking the PCAT again November 2nd.

I know I'm probably right on the borderline for getting an interview right now so I would like to bring it up around 10 points.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, All!

For the ones that received an interview- what are your stats? (If you don't mind me asking). I'm curious as to waht I need to make on my second PCAT to get an interview. Thanks!

Hey! I got a 74 composite on PCAT, and my GPA is a 3.5.

Hope this helps!! :)

Last edited:
I mailed in early october. I still have not heard anything back yet. Starting to think they flat out rejected me :D

Hello, All!

GPA: 3.24
PCAT: 90

I just received an email for an interview invite.

Hello, All!

Hey! I have an interview Nov. 14 at UGA.
GPA: 3.47
PCAT: 74
Will have B.S. Biochemistry in May 2013.

Hope this helps! :)

Just gave up my Nov. Interview spot. GL all!

For those who have interviews, can you explain the format please?

I interviewed on Tuesday ( GPA 3.45 and PCAT 79). This is my second year interviewing and I have my BS Biology and MAT Secondary Science Education

The interview is very relaxed. You are in a group of about five people. they begin by taking everybody into a small conference room where you write an essay. do not stress about the essay the questions are not too serious and are based on personal opinion ( no wrong answers ). Once you finish the essay, you watch a short video on the program and than take a tour of the school. Once the tour is finished everyone goes back to the conference room where each person gets taken back for their one on one interview with Dr Wolfgang and another faculty member. While others are interviewing several current pharm students will come in and chat. the interview is a stress free experience and really helps you fall in love with the school

And...I apologize for any typos, I am typing on an ipad

Thanks...did the admissions committee say how long it would take before you heard back on a decision?

Thanks...did the admissions committee say how long it would take before you heard back on a decision?
Early December will be the first batch of acceptances they sent out they told us today during the morning interview session. Congrats on your interview BobbyV, I remember reading some of your advice on the Mercer thread:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Early December will be the first batch of acceptances they sent out they told us today during the morning interview session. Congrats on your interview BobbyV, I remember reading some of your advice on the Mercer thread:)

THanks!!! :) I remember you too...Good luck to you!

I got an interview invite 10/29. I'm interviewing on 11/26.

I got an interview invite 10/29. I'm interviewing on 11/26.

Good luck! On their facebook page, they said they have already started interviewing their first batch of around 58ish applicants! I hope I make it to the second batch! Good luck all!:luck::xf:

Good luck! On their facebook page, they said they have already started interviewing their first batch of around 58ish applicants! I hope I make it to the second batch! Good luck all!:luck::xf:

Do you have a link to the Facebook page? I tried to search for it and I couldn't find.

Did the supplementary only ask you for information about your background? It said that you can put info to make you look like a better applicant but it didn't ask me for any professional experience.

UGA simplified their supp app this cycle. Since this is the FIRST year they are using pharmcas, they no longer ask you anything specific or have their own PS area on their supp anymore. They are now using your PS you write on your pharmcas app. Hope tshi helps. All you submit is your fee and some simple basic data:thumbup:

I'm nervous! I'm really hoping to get in. I'm out of state so chances are already slim.

I'm nervous! I'm really hoping to get in. I'm out of state so chances are already slim.

I'm an out of stater too. but I called the staff and they said although it IS slightly harder to receive:luck::xf: an interview, they admit quite a large number of students from other states too! Good luck!

UGA simplified their supp app this cycle. Since this is the FIRST year they are using pharmcas, they no longer ask you anything specific or have their own PS area on their supp anymore. They are now using your PS you write on your pharmcas app. Hope tshi helps. All you submit is your fee and some simple basic data:thumbup:

THANK YOU! Don't know why it said that there would be other stuff.

I am kind of worried. on their site they told us we should submit our supp AFTER we submit pharmcas, i did it the other way around.

Also has anyone's supplemental info updated yet? When you log into their supplemental app, its only giving me the application date and pcat scores received. That's about it.:scared:

I am kind of worried. on their site they told us we should submit our supp AFTER we submit pharmcas, i did it the other way around.

Also has anyone's supplemental info updated yet? When you log into their supplemental app, its only giving me the application date and pcat scores received. That's about it.:scared:

My supp app only states the app date and pcat scores received and I have a interview set up, so I believe your supp is normal. I know someone who submitted the supplemental first as well and I dont think it is that big of a deal :)

my supp app only states the app date and pcat scores received and i have a interview set up, so i believe your supp is normal. I know someone who submitted the supplemental first as well and i dont think it is that big of a deal :)

thank you!!!!

Just checked in at Georgia center hotel. Already a nervous wreck. My fate will be decided in the morning.

How were you guys informed of your interview?

Did you get it through email?

About how long did it take after you sent in your supp and pharmcas did it take for a response? Thanks for all the help guys!

Does any one know when the first round of acceptance letters will go out?

Ahh so am I! Did someone in the admissions office say it would be next week?

Yeah, I called the other day and she said the admission staff is meeting today to discuss stuff and then they'll let us know next week. And apparently, the people who receive letters through snail mail are accepted and if you get an email, you didn't get in for the first round but you still have a chance. This school is my first choice, I wanna get in so badly!

Anyone know if this first round of interviews will be all the interviews they give this fall? thanks!

Yeah, I called the other day and she said the admission staff is meeting today to discuss stuff and then they'll let us know next week. And apparently, the people who receive letters through snail mail are accepted and if you get an email, you didn't get in for the first round but you still have a chance. This school is my first choice, I wanna get in so badly!

So they email you if you didn't get in the first round? That's nice. So no email = snail mail incoming. The wait is killing me.

Just got my snail mail! Accepted to UGA College of Pharmacy WOOT!! :)

Good luck to everyone else waiting on their mail!!!!

Last edited:
Just got my snail mail! Accepted to UGA College of Pharmacy WOOT!! :)

Good luck to everyone else waiting on their mail!!!!

hey do you mind telling us your stats?!? and congrats. :)

Checked my mail and my letter was there! WHOOO! Good luck everyone!!!!

Is there already a facebook page for the class of 2017? I just got accepted too!

I sent out my pharmcas/supplemental application on the 5th of December and got an invitation to interview on the 7th. Got a 91 percentile on the PCAT and had 3.52 GPA in my major (chemistry). My interview is on Jan 29 9:00am. Anyone else? Any tips for interview?

does anyone know when the next batch of acceptances will go out?

does anyone know when the next batch of acceptances will go out?

I believe they will go out after the second round of interviews have been completed, if I remember correctly.