UGA College of Pharmacy (Fall 2013 Marticulation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend sent out her pharmcas and supplement on the January 1 and got an invitation to interview today (Jan 3). I sent in my stuff on December 15 and still haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know if this is an indication of them totally overlooking my application or do they send out interview invitations out of order based on the candidates? ( I saw the posts saying that it took some people like a month to hear back)

Members don't see this ad.

My friend sent out her pharmcas and supplement on the January 1 and got an invitation to interview today (Jan 3). I sent in my stuff on December 15 and still haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know if this is an indication of them totally overlooking my application or do they send out interview invitations out of order based on the candidates? ( I saw the posts saying that it took some people like a month to hear back)

It's hard to tell, but why don't you give them a quick call? They are so nice whenever I've called. Like your friend, I got an interview invite yesterday after submitting on Dec. 29th. I don't have great stats (2.65 cumulative GPA, 2.45 science GPA, 4.00 post-Bacc GPA, 96th %ile PCAT), and I've been outright refused supplemental apps from some schools due to the crappy GPAs. I have to say, I don't know what UGA is looking for in it's applicants, but I love UGA's program structure and location. I hope they consider me a good fit.

That was really long winded, but basically: call them! They are very nice. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me as well. My pharmcas was verified and sent back in November and my supplemental was sent before that. I emailed someone in admissions and she told me everything was taken care of on my part. But I have yet to hear anything. I am from out of state maybe thats the difference. Good thing I didn't wait on UGA and have been accepted to some other schools since but I really wish they would at least give people some indication.

I would def call them just make sure your app is complete and nothing has been overlooked on your part or their part. I'm not sure of your numbers nor your friends stats but I do know that they base interview invites purely on PCAT scores and prereq GPA. Don't be discouraged or anything of the sort that you haven't heard back as of yet because there is still lots of time left...but just call them tomorrow...they are super nice and will answer all your questions!

Good Luck!

Got an invite for an interview on January 17th a few weeks ago. Very nervous!

Has any sophmores been selected for interviews or have been accepted? If so, what were your GPA and PCAT scores?

To the people who had interviews already- what were they like? I know you are in Dr. Wolfgang's office with one other faculty member. What kind of questions did they ask? I have mine Feb 5.

Thanks, when did you submit and when was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I had a quick logistical question:

If you get accepted how long do you have to accept?

Hello ladies and gentlemen:

I have my interview in 12 hours (at UGA)! Although a bit anxious, I have been preparing for this moment for the past four years! Here are my stats for those who are waiting to get an invitation:

B.S. Biology
3.2 overall GPA (3.45 science/pre-pharmacy GPA)

69% composite PCAT score (95% chem; 81% bio; 55% reading; 34% math; 30% verbal; 4.0 of 6.0 writing)

1 year of retail pharmacy experience (Kroger Co)
Native Spanish speaker (although I articulate and dominate the English language better)

4 LOR's (1 from each pharmacist (2), 1 from Anatomy and Physiology professor, and 1 from Immunology/Virology professor)

I devoted 4 months into my application and IMHO submitted a formidable application.

Best of luck to all!
--------------------------------------------------
"Fortune favors the prepared mind."

Impressive stats! Your chances are extremely high!

When did you apply? Also, IMHO it will come down to the interview. I've heard of brilliant students getting turned down because the committee considered them "socially inept", so just polish up your interpersonal skills and things will look bright for you. Your personal statement is also highly regarded so really devoted significant time to it.

Good luck!

I have my interview in 12 hours (at UGA)! Although a bit anxious, I have been preparing for this moment for the past four years! Here are my stats for those who are waiting to get an invitation:

B.S. Biology

69% composite PCAT score (95% chem; 81% bio; 55% reading; 34% math; 30% verbal; 4.0 of 6.0 writing)

Native Spanish speaker (although I articulate and dominate the English language better)

4 LOR's (1 from each pharmacist (2), 1 from Anatomy and Physiology professor, and 1 from Immunology/Virology professor)

I devoted 4 months into my application and IMHO submitted a formidable application.

Best of luck to all!

Good luck on your interview, I hope I get an invite soon:oops:

Just had my interview on Thurs, Jan 17th. I thought it went pretty well; however, everyone in my group thought they did well also. I pretty much have it as a toss-up now as to whether or not I got in. So, best case scenario is I hear something in early February, a couple weeks after all of the January interviews are completed. Worst case is I hear something (good or bad) in early to mid April. Good luck to everyone! I wish we could all get in!

My stats are:
3.15 GPA
79 PCAT

Just had my interview on Thurs, Jan 17th. I thought it went pretty well; however, everyone in my group thought they did well also. I pretty much have it as a toss-up now as to whether or not I got in. So, best case scenario is I hear something in early February, a couple weeks after all of the January interviews are completed. Worst case is I hear something (good or bad) in early to mid April. Good luck to everyone! I wish we could all get in!

My stats are:
3.15 GPA
79 PCAT

Do you remember when you submitted your supplementals and how much time it took for them to contact you about an interview? And I'm sure you'll hear some good news, all a waiting game now :)

Does any one know when the first round of acceptance letters goes out? I saw in last year's thread it was the first week of February.

So, I'm assuming if you interview the first week of February that you are a part of the group being considered for first round admission?

Any thoughts?

The first round of acceptances have already gone out. They had about 90 December interviews and 31 people have already committed. About 100 will have interviewed in January and 30 will be accepted from them. With UGA using PharmCAS this year, all of the interviews/acceptances have started earlier than usual.

How do you know this information? Everyone that interviews even the people interviewed in dec. and did not get in on the first round are still in the running.... I know students that interviewed in Jan last year and did not find out till April...

This is straight from Dr. Wolfgang and the Facebook group that The Office Of Student Affairs at UGA Pharmacy have set up. This is the first year they have worked with PharmCAS so relying on previous years admissions dates would not be entirely accurate.

Thank-you my point was anyone that interviewed in Nov. and Dec. still are considered thru the entire interview process.... If one did not make it in the first round they are still being considered until the interview process is over. I did read the Facebook page also... I have several friends in the program and some were wait listed their first year applying .... It is very hard to wait as other schools let you know after your actual interview....Good Luck to you!

I understand the frustration. Yeah, if you impress them enough then usually UGA will send out their acceptances a couple weeks after the last interview of the month. If not, then (like you said) they'll review it after each interview group thereafter. The final letters are still given out at the beginning-middle of April like every other year, I believe. Good luck!

B.S. Biology

Best of luck to all!

I've got similar stats, but I am out of state.....no invite yet. but hopefully soon! good luck

Has anyone heard when the next round of acceptance go out? Anyone want to share their experience and pact scores if interviewed ... and when you did... I am very nervous I have not heard anything for an interview. PCAT 70 and 3.1 some shadowing graduate in May

I interviewed today and he said I'll hear back either in 10 days or in April which is when they pick the last group of people.

When do they sound out more interview invitations? I applied four weeks ago. It makes me worry that my application may have been lost or something.

It takes up to 5 weeks for pharmcas to calculate your grade and send them to schools so they may not have sent it yet! My Pre-pharm GPA is 3.5, pcat 78, and I have 6 months of pharm tech experience.

Hi!
I am new to the forum. I submitted my apps a few weeks ago and PharmCAS just finished verifying and submitting my transcripts. I'm really nervous about being accepted though. I started my entire process so late, in November (that's when I had my ah-haa moment). Any advice on how to make the time pass??

Hi!
I am new to the forum. I submitted my apps a few weeks ago and PharmCAS just finished verifying and submitting my transcripts. I'm really nervous about being accepted though. I started my entire process so late, in November (that's when I had my ah-haa moment). Any advice on how to make the time pass??

Don't think about it? Apply for loans? Learn to salsa? skydiving?

I just saw this comment are you for real ? This is very serious and extremely stressful time for many of us... There really isn't anything one can do once you send in your information but wait to see if you get an interview... And once you have an interview it's a waiting game unless you apply to a school with a rolling admission like South or Mercer... My advice is to go on with your daily business school work or your job because you all ready did the application process and there isn't anything else you can do... Good Luck and I hope you get an interview or interviews to your choice schools!

I just saw this comment are you for real ? This is very serious and extremely stressful time for many of us... There really isn't anything one can do once you send in your information but wait to see if you get an interview... And once you have an interview it's a waiting game unless you apply to a school with a rolling admission like South or Mercer... My advice is to go on with your daily business school work or your job because you all ready did the application process and there isn't anything else you can do... Good Luck and I hope you get an interview or interviews to your choice schools!
Michigan, sorry if I came off as joking. I was actually being serious. I went skydiving for 2 days after my first interview. I also applied for loans.

And you are right, "This is very serious and extremely stressful time for many of us", ...which is the reason why you need to make sure to relax and make sure to make this very serious matter NOT an extremely stressful time for many of us" :laugh: Relax, stressing out will only burn you out. Read a novel, play some video games, go out with some friends. The last thing you need to be doing is even THINKING about the interview process or hearing back. Time will pass by faster if you;re not stressin out.

my suggestion for you? Maybe some yoga? Good luck

No offense taken. I am not stressing either but you wrong most of us do think about our interviews etc...it's just how it is

I Interview next week. Isn't there a campus tour? How was it for the ladies in heels? (please, no facetious replies needed). I'm coming out of state and will pack flats just in case.

I'm looking forward to meeting the staff/students and scoping it out. From my experience, the staff seems to be pretty great and has made UGA more desirable to attend, as the location is a little out of the way.

No offense taken. I am not stressing either but you wrong most of us do think about our interviews etc...it's just how it is

lol? how am I wrong? I wasn't even arguing. I did NOT claim you guys were NOT stressing. I know you are stressing. I just suggested that you should STOP stressing. A suggestion cannot be wrong lol.

I Interview next week. Isn't there a campus tour? How was it for the ladies in heels? (please, no facetious replies needed). I'm coming out of state and will pack flats just in case.

I'm looking forward to meeting the staff/students and scoping it out. From my experience, the staff seems to be pretty great and has made UGA more desirable to attend, as the location is a little out of the way.

The pharmacy building isn't that big, I wore heels that day along with all the other female applicants and we managed lol.

Heels should be fine the tour didn't take long at all. Maybe less than 20 minutes. Take it with a grain of salt though (not a female). But I imagine it would be manageable.

lol? how am I wrong? I wasn't even arguing. I did NOT claim you guys were NOT stressing. I know you are stressing. I just suggested that you should STOP stressing. A suggestion cannot be wrong lol.

One more comment I never said a suggestion was wrong.. I stated you seem not serious about some of your comments.... I maybe wrong but this forum is one way of communicating with others to pass information... No offense but looking at some of your statements just does not seem legit .... I probably will not get an interview this year from UGA looks like my PCAT is not where it needs to be... But this forum is one way to see what one needs to do to be competitive if it doesn't work out.... That is the only reason I am commenting on your statements you just seem not serious about this forum /// there is a limited number of us who use this forum to get real valid help and info

When do they sound out more interview invitations? I applied four weeks ago. It makes me worry that my application may have been lost or something. Pharmcas has already sent UGA my application two weeks ago.

When do they sound out more interview invitations? I applied four weeks ago. It makes me worry that my application may have been lost or something. Pharmcas has already sent UGA my application two weeks ago.

Not to worry you, but I received my interview invitation shortly after submitting my application. I submitted my pharmcas and UGA supplemental application on January 7th. After submitting it, I called the admissions office to ask if they had received everything, and three days later got an email about the interview.

Interviewed Jan 16
PCAT 89%, GPA: Science 3.67 Overall (only pre-pharm courses) 3.82, 4 years Pharm Tech experience

Hoping to hear back soon!

Nice stats!

I interviewed the day after you, January 17th.

From my understanding, the soonest January interviewees will hear back is this weekend. I think they send out acceptances on January interviews today...? Otherwise, we'll have to wait til mid April. Fingers crossed!

This was just posted on Facebook from the Office Of Student Affairs at UGA Pharmacy:

"We have identified a group of PharmD candidates for our second (and final) batch of early admits and admission offer letters are in the mail to them. There is no need to contact the office for updates.

Remember, this is early admission, only. Everyone who has interviewed already, is scheduled to interview, or waiting to be contacted to interview have not been passed over or rejected. No final determinations for admission or even for interviews will be made until after the January PCAT scores come in and we have time to evaluate those and continue with the interviews. The majority of the class will not be admitted until some time in April so please continue to be patient."

Depending on where you live, today would be the earliest you would get a letter for early admission.

I got my letter today!! So excited!! :D