UF c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol thanks. I haven't heard anything either way from them. But my GRE was average and I have a lot of experience but it's all small animal.
My gre was low quant but higher verbal. Huge amount of experience..but doesn't matter

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they are still sending them out. Don't lose hope, I haven't yet just super anxious.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I need someone to do that for me
Me
raw

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly I'm feeling pretty defeated, guys. :/
You got this! I had three denials, 1 interview waitlist, and then an interview all this cycle.

Last edited:
Do they email rejections as well or only interview offers? I still haven't received anything, but remember hearing the other year some schools don't send rejections and was wondering if that was a thing with Florida.

I have 2 rejections this cycle already. My NC state rejection is coming this week. I have Florida and Ok State

Keep positive, think good things and good things will follow. I'm convinced this is the case because I'm pretty sure that's the only way I got to my freaking interviews these last couple weeks.

I applied to quite a bit so got some rejections. Still waiting for UF, NC state, GA, and penn

I should have said http://www.gifwave.com/media/67121_movies-star-trek-bones-jim-kirk-dinguses.gif

Because im the old fart here

I applied to quite a bit so got some rejections. Still waiting for UF, NC state, GA, and penn
I put my eggs in one basket because I was trying to make it the best I could. I also couldn't do most because im a transguy and don't feel comfortable going to NC or any states that decided to pass bathroom laws. UF actually was pretty cool about it and staff wise is accepting so I really want to go there.

Was rejected from A&M this morning already (my IS) fingers crossed that they are still sending invites tomorrow. ☹️️

I put my eggs in one basket because I was trying to make it the best I could. I also couldn't do most because im a transguy and don't feel comfortable going to NC or any states that decided to pass bathroom laws. UF actually was pretty cool about it and staff wise is accepting so I really want to go there.
Oh I can understand that! Gainesville is pretty liberal as far as Florida goes. It's a great school. I wish you luck!

Did you apply to Texas A&M???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't actually... I'm not an A&M fan- was set on going until I toured and the went to their vet camp. (Also it was a separate application).

I applied as a junior, and I know it was a stretch, but I wanted to see. If I don't get in this year I have another year, ill get more experience hours and retake the GRE. I'll apply to more than 5 next year. My original 5, plus A&M and a couple more.

If THAT doesn't work, I'll go get a masters somewhere. I'm a biochemistry & molecular biology major- I have lots of options for masters

And a big congrats to everyone who got interviews. You should be proud of yourselves!

Oh I can understand that! Gainesville is pretty liberal as far as Florida goes. It's a great school. I wish you luck!
You too. Its not a huge thing I just want to do livestock/equine medicine and UF has one of the best programs.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't actually... I'm not an A&M fan- was set on going until I toured and the went to their vet camp. (Also it was a separate application).

I applied as a junior, and I know it was a stretch, but I wanted to see. If I don't get in this year I have another year, ill get more experience hours and retake the GRE. I'll apply to more than 5 next year. My original 5, plus A&M and a couple more.

If THAT doesn't work, I'll go get a masters somewhere. I'm a biochemistry & molecular biology major- I have lots of options for masters
Girl at uf said 3rd time is a charm sometimes. I graduated 2012 and retook my courses for 2 yrs worked 40 hrs a week with the equine vet. You're a junior don't worry you have time.

Try a third time dont get a masters.

Got an interview for 2/11 at 3:00! OOS, first time applying to UF.

Another day of watching email...trying to hold out some hope. Prob should start telling my LOR's I need another letter.

This is weird because usually they send out invites early/mid Jan. Unless this is the top tier of the second wave. Im just trying to stay positive.

Last edited:
This is weird because usually they send out invites early/mid Jan. Unless this is the top tier of the second wave. Im just trying to stay positive.
I found it odd too. I was expecting to hear back much later--that's what happened in all the past threads. It's probably hard to do, but try to stay positive. They're doing things very early this year, so maybe it'll take them a little while to get through all of the invites. I don't think anyone has heard about denials yet, so that's good.

They're similar to past years with the 2/11 date, but the 1/28 date kind of came out of left field.

Kudos to my airforce buddy keeping me grounded.

Last edited:
When I spoke to UF they told me their biggest group of denied emails goes out in January every year.

At least I don't have to tell my family of another rejection at Christmas I suppose

I know. The struggle to be optimistic is so real. My friends and family are all like "don't worry, you'll get in somewhere" and three rejections later I'm just like "BUT STATISTICALLY, PROBABLY NOT."

Hahahaha yeah exactly!!
Just that scene, I have a good collection of nerdy reaction gifs from trek/marvel/scifi. Im a bit of a trekkie but not in the weird way.