UFCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck on your midterm tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes!
Thank you ❤️❤️ I’m on the grind 🫡

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In case anyone is interested :)

Attachments

• 71454502-F0B2-4059-A5DF-9ABCC8023A7D.jpeg
    71454502-F0B2-4059-A5DF-9ABCC8023A7D.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone got their transcripts confirmed yet? I sent them couple of days ago but haven’t heard back. I know I’m being super impatient but I can’t help it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got their transcripts confirmed yet? I sent them couple of days ago but haven’t heard back. I know I’m being super impatient but I can’t help it lol

Wait did they request transcripts from you already? I feel like I’m not getting any of the communication lol. I have an outstanding prereq so…

Wait did they request transcripts from you already? I feel like I’m not getting any of the communication lol. I have an outstanding prereq so…

My acceptance letter said I had outstanding prereqs and to send them bfr xyz date. I’m done w my undergrad (finished them on fall) so I sent them already.

Does anyone know what financial aid looks like at UF and when we would get that?

We were just sent your documents to add to so you should be getting your Facebook and those soon!

Reactions: 3 users
any known movement of the waitlist? I stalked last year and some people got pulled a few days after acceptances went out

Members don't see this ad :)
We were just sent your documents to add to so you should be getting your Facebook and those soon!
Hi! Since you are c/o 2026 can you explain how summers work at UF? I am a little confused as to if we have time off or not. Thanks in advance!

any known movement of the waitlist? I stalked last year and some people got pulled a few days after acceptances went out
Most of the movement is after April 15th! Also we are on spring break so I doubt they have had the chance to take people off. Don’t lose hope!

Last edited:
  • Love
Hi! Since you are c/o 2026 can you explain how summers work at UF? I am a little confused as to if we have time off or not. Thanks in advance!
Totally get you, the schedule is kind of confusing. First year you have the summer off, but most people do an externship/work/take classes for a certificate at least part of the summer for experience. The other years you’re on clinics over the summer. Except fourth year you graduate in the spring :)

Totally get you, the schedule is kind of confusing. First year you have the summer off, but most people do an externship/work/take classes for a certificate at least part of the summer for experience. The other years you’re on clinics over the summer. Except fourth year you graduate in the spring :)
Ok so 2nd year - clinics on summer - 3rd year. - clinics on summer - 4th year - grad ?

And its the whole summer? When do you guys rest? 😅🥶

Ok so 2nd year - clinics on summer - 3rd year. - clinics on summer - 4th year - grad ?

Yep!
I’m not on clinics yet so I’m not completely sure, but I’ve heard from older students you can pick/trade some of your rotations so you can do things more focused on your interest/give yourself a small break.

Fyi the summer between third and fourth year is actually free! Lots of students do externships then or just relax etc. But we do go straight into clinics after second year spring classes so there is no summer off after second year. It’s a bit of a slog but I’m looking forward to clinics as something to break up class time- clinics won’t be very relaxing lol but they’ll at least be something different!

Reactions: 1 users
Fyi the summer between third and fourth year is actually free! Lots of students do externships then or just relax etc. But we do go straight into clinics after second year spring classes so there is no summer off after second year. It’s a bit of a slog but I’m looking forward to clinics as something to break up class time- clinics won’t be very relaxing lol but they’ll at least be something different!
Oooh okay sooo we got 2 summers free? And one in clinics?
(Instead of doing clinics like other schools after 3rd year, we do them before)

To anyone attending the DVM Preview day or that has attended in the past, is it just candidates that are welcome or can you have a guest?

Only candidates. We can bring guests for orientation in August

What do students usually wear to preview day? I know the email said business professional but I’m not sure if this means I should wear a suit...

What do students usually wear to preview day? I know the email said business professional but I’m not sure if this means I should wear a suit...

It’s been like 85 degrees lately, so I’d say whatever you choose to wear make sure it’s breathable.

If anyone is attending preview I will (have to) be on campus everyday, feel free to say hi! I am a red head in a purple hoodie :)

If anyone is attending preview I will (have to) be on campus everyday, feel free to say hi! I am a red head in a purple hoodie :)
question!! For first years is attending class in person mandatory everyday ?

question!! For first years is attending class in person mandatory everyday ?
For most classes no. Anatomy and clinical skills yes, and certain other classes (ex. Ethics, nutrition) but they will inform you before hand if attendance is required. All lectures are recorded which is nice if you need to miss a day.

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is anyone aware why students don't typically live in the graduate housing on campus? Or the Continuum? Rates look super cheap for the graduate housing (continuum is more expensive, and I guess you can find similar housing for cheaper in the area?)

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is anyone aware why students don't typically live in the graduate housing on campus? Or the Continuum? Rates look super cheap for the graduate housing (continuum is more expensive, and I guess you can find similar housing for cheaper in the area?)
It’s very hard to get (limited space), and honestly it’s not that nice tbh.. Have a friend who lives at the Continuum and is desperately trying to move.

I chose not to live in graduate housing because of my pets and size of apartment. We had much more flexibility looking for an apartment elsewhere.

Can I depend solely on the bus for transportation for all 4 years of school? What do students without a car do for clinics if they’re on call and called after hours? Or if they want to stay at the university late studying? Is it possible and safe to use the bus at any time? Would it be recommended to get a car? Would I have to get extra loans (other than the unsubsidized and Grad PLUS) if I want to get a car?

I chose not to live in graduate housing because of my pets and size of apartment. We had much more flexibility looking for an apartment elsewhere.
May I ask when you started looking for apartments and signed the lease? I’m looking now and some places are already filling up, and I’m worried about my pet friendly options running out

Can I depend solely on the bus for transportation for all 4 years of school? What do students without a car do for clinics if they’re on call and called after hours? Or if they want to stay at the university late studying? Is it possible and safe to use the bus at any time? Would it be recommended to get a car? Would I have to get extra loans (other than the unsubsidized and Grad PLUS) if I want to get a car?
I definitely don’t know how possible that would be. I have a classmate who doesn’t drive but she lives in the neighborhood directly next to the vet school so she can easily walk/bike to school when she needs to get there quickly. One of my classmates also has a scooter she uses to get to school!

Coming from someone who just graduated from UF undergrad, the bus transportation is such an inconvenience. I started using it at the beginning of my undergrad, and then quickly stopped after my first year once I realized that it was more convenient to drive with the location of the animal sciences building (which is right by the vet school). Depending on where you live, the buses can come up to every 15 minutes, but it still would take 30+ minutes to get to campus because of their stops. And considering the vet school is on the opposite side of main campus, there’s not many routes that go there (I think two to be exact). The buses are safe for the most part, but don’t run 24/7 and you have to really set aside a good chunk of time to be places on time. Because of that, I would recommend a car or scooter and paying for parking, or living close to the vet school - there’s a ton of apartments on that side of town! I also have no idea about the loans so I’m sorry I can’t help you there

I personally was looking at the Continuum but had a hard time with the breed and weight restriction. I am class of 2027 but went up to Gainesville already and found housing. The place I found is flexible with breeds and no weight limit.

May I ask when you started looking for apartments and signed the lease? I’m looking now and some places are already filling up, and I’m worried about my pet friendly options running out
I honestly started looking the day I got my acceptance - UF was my top choice, so I started looking immediately. I ended up at the Polos this past year - I came from OOS, so I didn't feel comfortable trying to rent a house I couldn't see in person, and felt better about signing a lease for an apartment complex without seeing it first. That being said, I'd give the overall experience at my current complex about a 3/5 rating - generally okay, definitely some issues with management, but was able to find a house for this fall and really looking forward to being out of a complex. We signed our lease at the beginning of April last year and moved down early in June to get settled for a couple months before starting school in August.

If you're from out of state like me, beware - there are a couple major companies that own 75% of the complexes around here, and can correspondingly control the market to artificially raise rent prices.

As others have stated, theoretically, you could do bus transportation for a good chunk of your 4 years here, but it's going to be inconvenient at best and likely really difficult while you're on clinics (from what I've heard, if you're on call for clinics, you have 30 minutes to get to school, and the odds of you finding a bus at 1:00 am is pretty unlikely). I occasionally utilize the bus system and found it to be generally safe, but prefer my bike or my car depending on weather and what I'm bringing with me for class for the day. That being said, bicycles and scooters/mopeds are quite common around here and could certainly be utilized instead of a car, and would serve you pretty well! I would say a car is generally helpful, but as far as loans go, it kind of depends - you may need to maximize your GradPLUS loans to cover cost of attendance + cost of living, especially if you're OOS; you may have more wiggle room if you're IS. Private loans are certainly an option for leasing the car, but expensive. If you're able to, it may be worth buying an older used car that can generally make it from point A to point B.

I honestly started looking the day I got my acceptance - UF was my top choice, so I started looking immediately. I ended up at the Polos this past year - I came from OOS, so I didn't feel comfortable trying to rent a house I couldn't see in person, and felt better about signing a lease for an apartment complex without seeing it first. That being said, I'd give the overall experience at my current complex about a 3/5 rating - generally okay, definitely some issues with management, but was able to find a house for this fall and really looking forward to being out of a complex. We signed our lease at the beginning of April last year and moved down early in June to get settled for a couple months before starting school in August.

If you're from out of state like me, beware - there are a couple major companies that own 75% of the complexes around here, and can correspondingly control the market to artificially raise rent prices.
How do they do that?

As others have stated, theoretically, you could do bus transportation for a good chunk of your 4 years here, but it's going to be inconvenient at best and likely really difficult while you're on clinics (from what I've heard, if you're on call for clinics, you have 30 minutes to get to school, and the odds of you finding a bus at 1:00 am is pretty unlikely). I occasionally utilize the bus system and found it to be generally safe, but prefer my bike or my car depending on weather and what I'm bringing with me for class for the day. That being said, bicycles and scooters/mopeds are quite common around here and could certainly be utilized instead of a car, and would serve you pretty well! I would say a car is generally helpful, but as far as loans go, it kind of depends - you may need to maximize your GradPLUS loans to cover cost of attendance + cost of living, especially if you're OOS; you may have more wiggle room if you're IS. Private loans are certainly an option for leasing the car, but expensive. If you're able to, it may be worth buying an older used car that can generally make it from point A to point B.
Thank you so much!

Not them having y’all come into our ethics lecture when we were watching a video of dolphins mating 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Are we supposed to be getting a physical acceptance letter or any info in the mail with about the school or is everything electronic?

Are we supposed to be getting a physical acceptance letter or any info in the mail with about the school or is everything electronic?
Pretty sure everything is electronic. I never got any physical mail personally.

Random question but where do people get UF CVM like sweatshirts or t-shirts?

Random question but where do people get UF CVM like sweatshirts or t-shirts?
The clubs sell them. They will probably start posting in your Facebook soon!

The clubs sell them. They will probably start posting in your Facebook soon!
I am applying this cycle, but I was wondering if the clubs will be selling merch that people can buy at the open house on the 15th?