UCSF Supplemental Last Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if you don't get an invitation this month or early January, do they also send out rejections asap? Or do you just not get anything about your status?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if you don't get an invitation this month or early January, do they also send out rejections asap? Or do you just not get anything about your status?

I think they said everyone will know their status by the end of January.

Last year, I received my rejection letter 2 days before Christmas Eve. If you do get rejected without an interview, they normally do so before Christmas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, I received my rejection letter 2 days before Christmas Eve. If you do get rejected without an interview, they normally do so before Christmas.

Same here, also I didn't know I got my letter until two weeks later because my ex was hiding it trying to spare my feelings. It seemes like a whole lot of people got rejected last year in the same week either a day or two before Xmas.

Same here, also I didn't know I got my letter until two weeks later because my ex was hiding it trying to spare my feelings. It seemes like a whole lot of people got rejected last year in the same week either a day or two before Xmas.

I hope we receive the good news this time around! :xf:

I hope we receive the good news this time around! :xf:

I hope so, I put months into this application this year. If I don't get the invite, I honestly don't know how I'll handle it. Let's seriously hope for a good outcome.

I hope so, I put months into this application this year. If I don't get the invite, I honestly don't know how I'll handle it. Let's seriously hope for a good outcome.

Did you apply anywhere else this year, just in case?

Hi I hope u will get interview this year. What reasons UCSF reject the applicants? Not spend enough time on the application, incomplete file, weak essay, or ...?

Wow! :eek: That's harsh! :scared: Talk about ruining the holidays.

Seriously, I feel your pain. I spent hours and hours and numerous drafts this year vs 2008.. I rewrote many of my essays back from scratch numerous times.

I didn't get interview last year from UCSF/USC.. UCSF rejected me around Christmas last year also

Got on the horrid active consideration list from USC from the Nov. interview. I think I'm going crazy..

Seriously, I feel your pain. I spent hours and hours and numerous drafts this year vs 2008.. I rewrote many of my essays back from scratch numerous times.

I didn't get interview last year from UCSF/USC.. UCSF rejected me around Christmas last year also

Got on the horrid active consideration list from USC from the Nov. interview. I think I'm going crazy..

What other schools did you apply to this year?

What if you put ur school address down, and ur going home for the holidays? dont you have like a period to reply if u do get accept? is there a way we can find out on the phone or via email? =/ :mad::thumbdown:

What if you put ur school address down, and ur going home for the holidays? dont you have like a period to reply if u do get accept? is there a way we can find out on the phone or via email? =/ :mad::thumbdown:

I know they inform the applicants only via snail mail. I heard they do send a few letters out in January as well. I don't know if they let you know if you call them. You go to UCSD right? I assume you live in the I-House because I thought it's rare for seniors to live on campus. Where is home for you? Is it in NorCal? I was going to say, if you do live nearby (in LA/OC), then you can try to commute to campus to check.

Members don't see this ad :)
no i live off campus at la regencia. but i live in the la area since everyone is gone back home. imma go back home til after new years..this suck so bad cause i wont come back until January 5th, u think that enough time from getting the letter(if i get an interview) and accepting it?

no i live off campus at la regencia. but i live in the la area since everyone is gone back home. imma go back home til after new years..this suck so bad cause i wont come back until January 5th, u think that enough time from getting the letter(if i get an interview) and accepting it?

How about this: Go home now and maybe on the day after Christmas, make a commute to SD to check your mail. The letters are normally received by SoCal applicants from Dec 22-24. If it's not there, then go back home and come back when winter quarter starts.

That is why I always have everything sent to my permanent home address, not my La Jolla address this year. Last year, I put both addresses on PharmCAS and it led to confusion for an out-of-state school that probably had dyslexia. I didn't receive a letter from that school until the end of May because they typed my mailing address wrong (used my permanent home street and mixed it with La Jolla city and zip code).

Oh yea, I think it's pointless to stay in SD especially when most admissions offices in general are closed during the break. ;)

How about this: Go home now and maybe on the day after Christmas, make a commute to SD to check your mail. The letters are normally received by SoCal applicants from Dec 22-24. If it's not there, then go back home and come back when winter quarter starts.

That is why I always have everything sent to my permanent home address, not my La Jolla address this year. Last year, I put both addresses on PharmCAS and it led to confusion for an out-of-state school that probably had dyslexia. I didn't receive a letter from that school until the end of May because they typed my mailing address wrong (used my permanent home street and mixed it with La Jolla city and zip code).

Oh yea, I think it's pointless to stay in SD especially when most admissions offices in general are closed during the break. ;)

i think i remember reading your post from last year. Were you the guy from UCSD who was afraid of not getting his letter until after new year's eve?

i think i remember reading your post from last year. Were you the guy from UCSD who was afraid of not getting his letter until after new year's eve?

Nope that was not me. By the way, I'm not a guy. :D

Of course, it's always someone else's mistake, huh?

Sigh...yeah. For that school last year, I even called them in the spring time to check my status (in case if they had forgotten about me), but the person on the phone seemed kind of lazy and rude and told me to wait for the letter in the mail. That went on for several months. Either way, I ended up getting rejected from the school. The reason why I found out about the mailing address confusion was that they folded up the old letter and envelope with address screw-up and placed it in a new envelope and then mailed it to the correct address.

I was worried about the same thing. I'm home for the holidays and will most likely miss the letter. So, I gave my mailbox key to a friend who is near school and I am having them check it for me around that time. Maybe you could do that? Of course, it'd have to be someone you really trust! :D

thanks cinnamoroll, maybe you can tell me when they postmark the letter? and maybe ill count 14 days from that date and see if i can make back on time? keep me posted PLEASE =)

Last edited:
Last year I got my invitation on December 24th. It was a very merry Christmas.

I'm not sure how many invites they'll be sending out this year... but good luck!

You're the most negative poster this world has ever known. Yet to be seen, is you posting something constructive. Constructive criticism is welcomed here; however, absolute negativity is not. Take those stupid polkadots and fill your mouth with them.

Amidst the nonsense of being subject to wait a glimpse of eternity in the course of the admissions process, I find the prospect of receiving an invitation or rejection letter around christmas time to be the best part of the UCSF admissions process.

Have you ever wondered why does it take so long for admission committees to evaluate the candidates? Let's take into consideration several programs that you have applied to. How many of those in your list could you honestly say that sends invitations consistently around the same time every year regardless of when you applied? I find it amusing when I speak with typical admissions counselors and they tell me they are so filled with applications they have not been able to review my packet. But interestingly enough UCSF receives just as many applicants every year (if not more) and consistently processes their files on a timely manner. For example, last year I must had been the last person to postmark my application, yet I received a written invitation a few days before christmas (which I estimate that it took somewhat less than 6 weeks for them to process my application).

I don't claim to know what the admissions criteria of these other institutions are (cough... Western... cough), but I simply refuse to believe they couldn't speed up their process. And you can't blame the length of the application either, after all UCSF has a pretty lenghty supplemental package.

That's it. My apologies for the randomness. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited:
You're the most negative poster this world has ever known. Yet to be seen, is you posting something constructive. Constructive criticism is welcomed here; however, absolute negativity is not. Take those stupid polkadots and fill your mouth with them.

You sound like the pot calling the kettle "black".

Ah La Regencia, lived there last year and the year before that. Last year I got an interview invite to one of the UC's; they do take into consideration that students are usually away during the holidays. There was enough time to accept the invite.

Ah La Regencia, lived there last year and the year before that. Last year I got an interview invite to one of the UC's; they do take into consideration that students are usually away during the holidays. There was enough time to accept the invite.

That's what I thought too. I actually lived at Costa Verde in the past. I took fall quarter off this year, but am looking forward to return to SD in the winter to finish my last two classes. :)

Has anyone from NorCal received a letter yet?