UCSF Supplemental Last Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm kinda worried. I sent my apps through certified mail.

When i checked on the postal service website, it said that UCSF has recieved my application fee... but not my application.

I sent these things Oct. 30th.

crapness... hope all that hard work isn't wasted on someone elses human error :mad:

how convenient of them to take the money first

I sent my application with a signature confirmation on Nov. 1st, and I checked the website for the status every night and it still says it has not been delivered. I am soooooo worried. I decided to email them and apologized to them first for doing so. I wanted to know how they handle mail that needs to be signed for. They respond by saying:
"Thank you for your interest in the UCSF School of Pharmacy. Unfortunately at this time we have not yet received or processed your application. UCSF has approximately 18,000 employees – mail is not delivered directly to our office, but is routed to and distributed from a campus mailroom. There is literally no way for us to tell your application was delivered correctly until we log it in.

You can expect to wait a month before you hear from us – if you do not hear back within a month, please feel free to contact us again and we can take it from there.

Remember that patience is a virtue in any walk of life, but especially the health-care sciences."

He was pretty quick in his response, but I am still very worried because if no one signed for it, the post office will send it back to ME!!! NOOOOOOOO. :mad:. Do you know if this happen, do you think UCSF is responsible or is the blame on me. If you think about it, I did mail it to them before the due date, they just didn't signed for it or pick it up.
My supp fee was also cashed as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so sorry that has happened to you! I sent mine through certified mail too and they did not give me any notice till almost 2 weeks later when they sent an email saying that I'm missing an LOR >_<. So maybe you just have to wait a bit.

On another note, I took them very seriously when they stated in RED on their website to NOT contact them, but it seems like if you actually have concerns they can be very helpful and personal. I am seeing UCSF in a new light now. ^-^

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF Staff, if you've met any of them, are pretty reasonable and fair, at least that has always been my experience. If you have proof that you mailed your documents and then something happens down the road that your application doesn't show up, I'm sure they will work with you. It's when you don't have proof, which I think is also encouraged on the website, I can't remember exactly, of anything that becomes a problem.

Or else you can panic. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

UCSF Staff, if you've met any of them, are pretty reasonable and fair, at least that has always been my experience. If you have proof that you mailed your documents and then something happens down the road that your application doesn't show up, I'm sure they will work with you. It's when you don't have proof, which I think is also encouraged on the website, I can't remember exactly, of anything that becomes a problem.

Or else you can panic. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am impressed at UCSF's quick response. I mailed out my supplemental application on Nov. 3rd and received a confirmation email today (11/6). That is the kind of professionalism I expect from one of the top institutions in the U.S..

I am impressed at UCSF's quick response. I mailed out my supplemental application on Nov. 3rd and received a confirmation email today (11/6). That is the kind of professionalism I expect from one of the top institutions in the U.S..

darn.. seeing posts like these always make me worry about my own situation. I certified mail all of my applications (ucsf payment & app, western app) on Nov 3rd... haven't heard anything from them. I carelessly placed all my receipts in my jacket and washed it..oh well..We'll see how things goes

darn.. seeing posts like these always make me worry about my own situation. I certified mail all of my applications (ucsf payment & app, western app) on Nov 3rd... haven't heard anything from them. I carelessly placed all my receipts in my jacket and washed it..oh well..We'll see how things goes

Don't worry, I did the same - certified mail for UCSF and UCSD. For UCSF, they cashed my check, but I haven't received anything from them yet. For UCSD they send an email saying they've received my application and payment.

I sent everything in the mail on November 3 and my Delivery Confirmation says that it was delivered in the morning of November 5. Got an email from UCSF on November 6 saying that they've received the supplemental and all materials are present and they are processing and evaluating my application.

That was really quick and I am very impressed! Hope you guys that are still waiting will receive this confirmation email soon.

I sent my earlier than that, maybe oct 28 or sth, but still haven't received any email from them. :(

I sent my earlier than that, maybe oct 28 or sth, but still haven't received any email from them. :(

Based on my last year's experience, I would give them at least 2 weeks to send you a confirmation email. I'm sure they are overwhelmed with so many applications being sent to their office.

Here's a conundrum for you guys...on Wednesday I got an "application incomplete" email saying that my AP scores were not received. I'm pretty sure they arrived at their office (I got confirmation from CollegeBoard), they just haven't tracked it down and added it to my app yet. The email says not to contact them about the status and instead to check the PharmCas supplemental section, which they update every Friday afternoon.

Well, Friday rolls around, NO UPDATE...and I'm still sitting here left in the dark apparently with my app on hold. WTF? Anyone else in this situation? I'm going to email them Monday either way, this is freaking unbelievable.

For those of you that have received an email from UCSF that says your supplemental application is incomplete, do you ever hear from them again? For example, they sent me an email saying that I am missing a LOR, but I know the LOR was submitted to PharmCAS on Nov. 1st and they probably just haven't received it yet. Do them contact you again after they notice that the application IS complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a conundrum for you guys...on Wednesday I got an "application incomplete" email saying that my AP scores were not received. I'm pretty sure they arrived at their office (I got confirmation from CollegeBoard), they just haven't tracked it down and added it to my app yet. The email says not to contact them about the status and instead to check the PharmCas supplemental section, which they update every Friday afternoon.

Well, Friday rolls around, NO UPDATE...and I'm still sitting here left in the dark apparently with my app on hold. WTF? Anyone else in this situation? I'm going to email them Monday either way, this is freaking unbelievable.

You sound so negative. Why? Just email the director. He always answers my emails. Does he chitchat with me? No, he probably doens't have time. But I always get an answer.
http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/office/staff/

You sound so negative. Why? Just email the director. He always answers my emails. Does he chitchat with me? No, he probably doens't have time. But I always get an answer.

Because it's frustrating when you carefully followed directions and do everything in your power to assure smooth sailing and something out of your control is holding you back. Especially when it involves your future, a lot of invested time, and hard earned money.

Because it's frustrating when you carefully followed directions and do everything in your power to assure smooth sailing and something out of your control is holding you back. Especially when it involves your future, a lot of invested time, and hard earned money.

Well that's just life! you can't be frustrated all the time... just learn how to deal with it CALMLY... control your emotions

I sent mine in around Oct 29-30. I received an e-mail Nov 5th confirming its arrival.

I sent it via priority mail to get delivery confirmation ($5) vs doing it first class mail which was $1

hope that helps. I would not sweat it for another week or so because they need to sort out all of the incoming mail. If they cashed your check, I would think you could work something out as they would assume that you wouldn't have sent them money without the actual application.

"The Supplemental Application to the UCSF School of Pharmacy that you submitted was
received. All required materials are present. Your application is being processed
and will then be evaluated to determine if you will be invited to interview.

Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be mailed between late-December
and early January. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of
January.

We ask that you not contact our office to check on the status of your application
during this busy time as our staff will be unable to respond to individual inquiries
of this nature. Your cooperation in this matter will enable us to complete the
review process and determine who will be invited for an interview in as short a time
as possible without sacrificing the quality of a careful review that we believe all
eligible applicants deserve.

Detailed information on the admissions process is located at:
pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/admissions/steps/. Refer to Step 3 for additional
information about Applicant Interviews. "

Because they went out of their way in the email to say that I shouldn't contact them about it. How can you tell me that my status is up in the air, but that I shouldn't contact you about it despite having followed all the directions and being pretty sure that everything is complete? And then say that you'll update my status through PharmCAS and to check that, and then to not update it?

Should I sit contently until they cancel my application inexplicably? C'mon. I'm pretty composed and calm, but it's like they back you into a corner and don't want to hear anything from you really...

Please do not call our office to check on the status of items submitted separate from your supplemental application packet as we will be unable to verify their receipt. Instead, check the Supplemental Tool on the PharmCAS website. Please note that we update this information once per week on Friday afternoons. Information on the status of your recommendations is also available on the PharmCAS site.

We also ask that you not contact our office to check on the status of your application during this busy time as our staff will be unable to respond to individual inquiries of this nature.

Does that sound really good to you? You'd be a little concerned too.

Well that's just life! you can't be frustrated all the time... just learn how to deal with it CALMLY... control your emotions

What emotions did I show exactly? A little frustration over the fact that I waited patiently to get an update and didn't contact them exactly like they asked...yet am still left in the dark, with the most recent correspondence being that my app is incomplete and in danger of being canceled if it's not completed?

I'm very calm and composed, but nobody's a robot. When you send someone $60 and spend hours and hours making sure your application is correct and follow all the directions, then get told that something's not complete and you can't ask about it and you don't get an update on that status...that can be a little frustrating. All I ask for is a little more openness on their end...now I'll have to do something I'm not supposed to, and contact them about my status, which will probably frustrate them again. :laugh: Sigh...

What emotions did I show exactly? A little frustration over the fact that I waited patiently to get an update and didn't contact them exactly like they asked...yet am still left in the dark, with the most recent correspondence being that my app is incomplete and in danger of being canceled if it's not completed?

I'm very calm and composed, but nobody's a robot. When you send someone $60 and spend hours and hours making sure your application is correct and follow all the directions, then get told that something's not complete and you can't ask about it and you don't get an update on that status...that can be a little frustrating. All I ask for is a little more openness on their end...now I'll have to do something I'm not supposed to, and contact them about my status, which will probably frustrate them again. :laugh: Sigh...

Wow. I don't quite know what to say to you. You seem pretty angry, bitter and confused. I hope those characteristics didn't come through on your application. You are a piece of work, FresnoPharmD.

Wow. I don't quite know what to say to you. You seem pretty angry, bitter and confused. I hope those characteristics didn't come through on your application. You are a piece of work, FresnoPharmD.

I can't believe you would read my posts and somehow formulate that view. Is there somewhere where I'm not being logical or patient at all? You can't understand where I might be coming from at all?

A piece of work? That's unnecessary and rude, I'm sorry. Is that what you're going to say to your patients when they get upset at you? Are you judgmental enough to try and decipher who I am as a person over my slight frustration with this application process? I can't believe that...

I guess I won't say anything further on this subject. I'll keep my piece of work to myself. :laugh:

FresnoPharmD is right. I don't think this forum is about bashing other people. If you have a problem, please keep it to yourself. Let's try to be a little more respectful around here.

FresnoPharmD is right. I don't think this forum is about bashing other people. If you have a problem, please keep it to yourself. Let's try to be a little more respectful around here.

WOW! I just got off of work from a busy Saturday at the pharmacy and I kinda laughed when I read all this arguing going on here with these sarcastic smilies. (Thanks for the entertainment). We're all anxious and this is a stressful time for all of us. There's so much stress already, why involve your self in something that just adds to the stress? Someone might irritate you with what they said but no one is obliged to respond. Instead of criticizing we should be supportive of each other. Some are more experienced in the application field and may know information that others might not know. That is what these forums are for. Yea, people vent on here too blah blah blah ... I'm kind of venting on here about THIS, but seriously, we don't normally respond disrespectfully to people we don't know. We absolutely cannot do so in the pharmacy profession or perhaps in any profession. So let's get together, yea yea yea :love:

i'm kinda worried. I sent my apps through certified mail.

When i checked on the postal service website, it said that UCSF has recieved my application fee... but not my application.

OMG ME TOO! usps said the check was received the next day. but my app still hasnt been delivered! :scared:

So we meet again Finest. I'm not frustrated, I'm lovin' life. I'm calm, I'm collected, and I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover; however, I understand the injustice the OP is feeling.

Wish SDN had a smiley blowing a kiss so I could send one at you in sarcasm, but more importantly, spite. ;)

Last edited:
So we meet again Finest. I'm not frustrated, I'm lovin' life. I'm calm, I'm collected, and I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover; however, I understand the injustice the OP is feeling.

Wish SDN had a smiley blowing a kiss so I could send one at you in sarcasm, but more importantly, spite. ;)

Kiss my perky @$$

Touro will love my attitude

I have 3 interviews pending still miss, but I do like the looks of Touro, and you might have a point--if you can spin that "oh no you di-ent" attitude into something resembling solid confidence, I like your odds. When are you going in for battle?

I have 3 interviews pending still miss, but I do like the looks of Touro, and you might have a point--if you can spin that "oh no you di-ent" attitude into something resembling solid confidence, I like your odds. When are you going in for battle?

My Touro interview is on the 21st... I scheduled it late so that I don't have to pay the ridiculous deposit if I get into UOP. You should go to the interview and cheer me on!

My Touro interview is on the 21st... I scheduled it late so that I don't have to pay the ridiculous deposit if I get into UOP. You should go to the interview and cheer me on!

I will be there to cheer you on...on one condition: You don't settle for UOP. You want to talk about ridiculous prices...that place is insanity. I want to decline my interview on the sheer principle that they charge $48k for each the first and second year. I'm right outside Stockton, but, the Touro curriculum looks tight, and affordable, compared to that program. There is so much hype in this town about UOP but damn, after $85K spent on the UC system as an undergraduate, I'm broke. Plus everyone would do the rotations together anyhow.

I will be there to cheer you on...on one condition: You don't settle for UOP. You want to talk about ridiculous prices...that place is insanity. I want to decline my interview on the sheer principle that they charge $48k for each the first and second year. I'm right outside Stockton, but, the Touro curriculum looks tight, and affordable, compared to that program. There is so much hype in this town about UOP but damn, after $85K spent on the UC system as an undergraduate, I'm broke. Plus everyone would do the rotations together anyhow.

I like UOP's three year curriculum and their faculty seems to be more student-oriented. Also, I've heard of only good things about UOP from many different pharmacists who went there. As for Touro, I've gotten alot of mixed responses from current students and they're pre-accredited and their facilities are small. Anyway, UCSD is my number one! For which 3 schools do you have an interview?

I like UOP's three year curriculum and their faculty seems to be more student-oriented. Also, I've heard of only good things about UOP from many different pharmacists who went there. As for Touro, I've gotten alot of mixed responses from current students and they're pre-accredited and their facilities are small. Anyway, UCSD is my number one! For which 3 schools do you have an interview?

They will be accredited in May (and it's a garauntee). Ya, their facilities are small and the area is somewhat antiquated but I think it's kinda cool. I have UOP, USC, and CalNorthstate. The latter which I have chosen to decline.

They will be accredited in May (and it's a garauntee). Ya, their facilities are small and the area is somewhat antiquated but I think it's kinda cool. I have UOP, USC, and CalNorthstate. The latter which I have chosen to decline.

If tuition is a factor, why didn't you apply to SF or SD?

If tuition is a factor, why didn't you apply to SF or SD?

Who said I didn't?:cool:

I'm not going to count on either of these schools though. I had friends get rejected from each with 3.8's last year, and lets just say my Fresh year isn't something I'm prepared to boast about.

When you consider that UOP is a 3 year program, the final tuition will be pretty similar to that of Touro's. Factor in that you'll be working a year earlier, and I would argue that UOP would be the better choice financially. Besides, if money was that big a deal to you, you shouldn't even be looking at CA private schools in the first place.

And to stay on topic, I mailed my supplemental first class 10/28 and got an email receipt 11/7.

When you consider that UOP is a 3 year program, the final tuition will be pretty similar to that of Touro's. Factor in that you'll be working a year earlier, and I would argue that UOP would be the better choice financially. Besides, if money was that big a deal to you, you shouldn't even be looking at CA private schools in the first place.

And to stay on topic, I mailed my supplemental first class 10/28 and got an email receipt 11/7.

What's your favorite mochi ice cream ball flavor?? I like green tea!

I finally received an email from UCSF yesterday afternoon stating that my supplemental was received and complete. I can rest a little bit easier now that I know they have all my materials...I was a tad bit worried about that since I sent it in on the deadline date and not by certified mail.

Jesus, I've been so worried lately, I can barely sleep at night. Last night, I had two separate unrelated dreams with a common pattern - my UCSF application was destroyed, in the first one there was a fire and my application burned, in the second one a massive earthquake shattered the building and the entire 9th floor disappeared. I hope my application is ok, I'm worried about it.

Jesus, I've been so worried lately, I can barely sleep at night. Last night, I had two separate unrelated dreams with a common pattern - my UCSF application was destroyed, in the first one there was a fire and my application burned, in the second one a massive earthquake shattered the building and the entire 9th floor disappeared. I hope my application is ok, I'm worried about it.

Lol!!! dont stress too much if they already have it and sent you an email saying they'll process it then you are good!!! Dont worry its done and over now we have to wait till xmas,,, interviews will be a good present!

Lol!!! dont stress too much if they already have it and sent you an email saying they'll process it then you are good!!! Dont worry its done and over now we have to wait till xmas,,, interviews will be a good present!

I wish I could relax, but I have such severe anxiety. I didn't get any emails, but I handed my application in personally, so I don't know if that has anything to do with that. This application is the most important thing in my life and I have never worked this hard on any essays before. I don't know/don't want to get my hopes up about the interviews, I am much more pessimistic about them - as last year everyone thought they were getting an interview and one a handful of people got them.

Did you contact them and get an answer? Or just complaining without any follow-up?

UCSF sent me an email long ago saying that they have not received one of my LORs (this was before my reference submitted her letter online), and I sort of figured they would just get it whenever they want it. But then very recently (today in fact) I thought about what if they just don't check my application again and throw it out because the last time (probably the first time too) they checked it, it was incomplete! So I hurriedly sent them an email saying that my application is all complete that hope they would review it, etc.. Hope I'm not too late to save my application (and money!)

Did you contact them and get an answer? Or just complaining without any follow-up?

I actually contacted them with a very angry and frustrated email and they canceled my application.

Is that what you wanted to hear? ;)

No, seriously, I did contact them and they weren't nearly as unreceptive as the initial email made it sound. I was just a little frustrated with the uncertainty and really didn't appreciate someone taking it personally/attacking me personally. It wasn't meant to be angry towards anyone but rather just the situation at the time, please understand that.

But that issue is over and done...let's get along...seriously!

Reading this thread has made me feel a whole lot better.. I sent my UCSF supp fee and supp app on Nov 3, certified mail, and I haven't heard from them, nor does the post office site say that either item has been delivered. The fee for UCSD I sent at the same time got there in two days and I received email confirmation from them the day after they got it.

I'm trying not to freak out too much, but I've had issues at various points with the postal service in the past few years and I asked them today if there's any way they can tell me where the heck my envelopes are and they said the postal people in San Fran have to scan the thing, that's the only way I'll know!

I'm not going to email UCSF because it hasn't been very long and the USPS claims the envelopes haven't gotten anywhere...... BUT I'm also wondering how long I should wait before I try to find out if the USPS just forgot to scan or what? And what if it doesn't ever get delivered?

Oh, they email you to let you know they recieved everything? Tat's interesting because I emailed my stuff mid October and the check awhile ago has been cashed and I have received nothing...

They send you a confirmation email saying they received your material and they are in the process of reviewing. Someone was nice enough to post what the email said in one of the earlier posts. :)

I hope I get an interview soon. waiting is probably the worst part about applying; it sure brings back memories from high school... eeeeeeek.