UCSF Supplemental Last Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent in my UCSF app and check on Nov 3 by certified mail (first class).
I've checked everyday online and my check was delivered on Nov 5, but my actual application still hasn't been delivered!

Did the post office LOSE my application or maybe no one signed for it at UCSF and that's why the usps hasn't indicated delivery?
I don't really know how certified mail works. Does it have to be signed for?

I don't know what to do! It's probably way too late to send in another application...is that even allowed?

I'm just really really really hoping that my app has been delivered and the usps certified mail website is wrong...:(

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in my UCSF app and check on Nov 3 by certified mail (first class).
I've checked everyday online and my check was delivered on Nov 5, but my actual application still hasn't been delivered!

Did the post office LOSE my application or maybe no one signed for it at UCSF and that's why the usps hasn't indicated delivery?
I don't really know how certified mail works. Does it have to be signed for?

I don't know what to do! It's probably way too late to send in another application...is that even allowed?

I'm just really really really hoping that my app has been delivered and the usps certified mail website is wrong...:(

I received a card from the post office confirming that they had received my check, but I haven't received one for the supplemental app! I'm thinking of waiting until next week before I can start calling the admissions office.

I received a card from the post office confirming that they had received my check, but I haven't received one for the supplemental app! I'm thinking of waiting until next week before I can start calling the admissions office.

Sorry to say this, but at least I'm not alone!
What if something happened to the mail being delivered from southern california to san francisco?:scared:
It shouldn't take 10 days to just deliver...
If the mail was lost, did I just waste all the time I spent on my application? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to say this, but at least I'm not alone!
What if something happened to the mail being delivered from southern california to san francisco?:scared:
It shouldn't take 10 days to just deliver...
If the mail was lost, did I just waste all the time I spent on my application? :(

I think if no one is in the admissions office at the time of delivery to sign, then they'll have bring it back to the post office? I'm not sure.

I think if no one is in the admissions office at the time of delivery to sign, then they'll have bring it back to the post office? I'm not sure.

Does certified mail require a signature to be delivered?

I'm pretty sure UCSF said to not send it via mail that required a signature because there would be no one to sign for it, BUT their website also listed certified mail as a preferred option for mailing to keep track of everything.

So hopefully these two are different?

Does certified mail require a signature to be delivered?

I'm pretty sure UCSF said to not send it via mail that required a signature because there would be no one to sign for it, BUT their website also listed certified mail as a preferred option for mailing to keep track of everything.

So hopefully these two are different?

They did sign for the check b/c I saw the signature on the card.

I can't delete my message...sorry

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Don't worry. I sent my supp with a signature confirmation on Nov. 1st. I checked the USPS website everynight and it never said it was delivered. I got so worried. I finally got an email confirmation from UCSF that they have received my supp. I was so relieved. So don't worry, they will email you once they received it. I went to check the USPS website for status and it still has not updated that it was delivered.

I can't delete my message so I have to write something here. Sorry

Soooo... UCSF cashed my check on like Nov 12th, even though the post office says it hasn't been delivered... which means I'm going to assume that my supplemental app has actually been delivered, as well. If I don't hear back from UCSF once other people start hearing, I'll contact them to make sure they got it, I guess. Or maybe sooner than that, I don't know what to do?? I still have proof of mailing, but I really don't understand why the post office didn't scan the damn thing... I paid for that certified mail, you know! And apparently so did many other people in this same situation.

At least I know something got somewhere, though.

Hey guys,
Don't worry. I sent my supp with a signature confirmation on Nov. 1st. I checked the USPS website everynight and it never said it was delivered. I got so worried. I finally got an email confirmation from UCSF that they have received my supp. I was so relieved. So don't worry, they will email you once they received it. I went to check the USPS website for status and it still has not updated that it was delivered.

OMG thank you! so there is a chance that my app was delivered!
and usps just didnt update...

WHATS WRONG WITH USPS? :mad::mad::mad:
This is a very important time for all of us and they cant even update the status of the delivery, which we paid for!

ok ok. now that i got that out of my system, time to continue checking my email every 5 secs for confirmation! :laugh:

Soooo... UCSF cashed my check on like Nov 12th, even though the post office says it hasn't been delivered... which means I'm going to assume that my supplemental app has actually been delivered, as well. If I don't hear back from UCSF once other people start hearing, I'll contact them to make sure they got it, I guess. Or maybe sooner than that, I don't know what to do?? I still have proof of mailing, but I really don't understand why the post office didn't scan the damn thing... I paid for that certified mail, you know! And apparently so did many other people in this same situation.

At least I know something got somewhere, though.

I am in the same boat as you! I called them and in the answering machine/recording they have, it said if we don't hear from them by 12/12, then we should contact them...What do you think we should do?

I just put my application in the regular mail, nothing special, I like my post office, I trust them. Trust yours and don't worry, I doubt out of the 2000 some applications UCSF gets that any of them are lost in the mail. And making sure they have 2000 complete applications takes a long time, so just relax and keep yourself busy doing other things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, the Admissions Director is funny. For most of you that are waiting to receive confirmation from the Admissions Office of receiving your supplemental, has PharmCAS sent out your application to UCSF yet?

This part is a bummer for those of you who sent your Supplemental Application and Fee together:

"I submitted my Supplemental Application in the same envelope as my Fee Payment and sent it to the Fee Payment address. Ooopsie! I didn't follow directions. The Fee Payment people will forward my application to your office, right?"
Nope. They won't.
PS: I love both Desperate Housewives and the Hills! Haha, glad to see him mention those, even if in a bad way. And so not true -- Desperate is getting good again this season!

Ha, ha, Joel the admissions director has a funny quote on his blog. He says, "I'm always amused at reading questions on forums that ask "What do you think they are looking for when they ask about ____________?" [Usually in reference to the "human condition"!]

Yeah, I remember at my interview day one of the admission directors mentioned sdn, and it wasn't in a good light. That's why I tried to keep my identity a secret until I was admitted :p

Ha, ha, Joel the admissions director has a funny quote on his blog. He says, "I'm always amused at reading questions on forums that ask "What do you think they are looking for when they ask about ____________?" [Usually in reference to the "human condition"!]

Yeah, I remember at my interview day one of the admission directors mentioned sdn, and it wasn't in a good light. That's why I tried to keep my identity a secret until I was admitted :p

I couldn't agree with you more. At an interview I had this year a lady on admissions brought up sdn and rolled her eyes. She said something along the lines of..."Those people sit around all day asking for other people's gpa and PCAT scores via the internet when they could be submitting their applications earlier. I don't understand why they ask admissions questions to an internet forum; that's what this institution pays me to do, just call me." Which if you think about it, definatley has some validity to it. Not to say sdn isn't helpful, but hearing it straight from the horses mouth is always better.

I am sure UCSF has received my PharmCAS and I mailed my supp on Oct 29. I haven't received any acknowledgment from them yet. Should I call and ask or continue waiting?

I am sure UCSF has received my PharmCAS and I mailed my supp on Oct 29. I haven't received any acknowledgment from them yet. Should I call and ask or continue waiting?

I hand delievered mine on October 31st. I just recieved the UCSF email that all my papers are in order. Just continue waiting, you don't want to annoy UCSF over worked staff. They have a lot of applications they have to go through. I bet your application is fine. Just try to focus on something else. Good Luck :luck:!

Haha, the Admissions Director is funny. For most of you that are waiting to receive confirmation from the Admissions Office of receiving your supplemental, has PharmCAS sent out your application to UCSF yet?

This part is a bummer for those of you who sent your Supplemental Application and Fee together:

PS: I love both Desperate Housewives and the Hills! Haha, glad to see him mention those, even if in a bad way. And so not true -- Desperate is getting good again this season!

Yeah he is pretty funny, and real. In fact, in that blog he pretty much answers every single question that people have been asking on this forum about UCSF for the last few years. Everyone is so stressed about if their mail reached the university or not and 'oh man was it post marked by this date or that date or recieved by this date'...well here's a thought: Next time don't wait until the last day to turn it in. If you do, don't expect prompt responses because you're just going to be stuck in the traffic jam with everybody else.

Last edited:
I received a confirmation email yesterday from UCSF....

I was never unhappy with UCSF, but I'm a little confused/disappointed with the concept of "certified mail" at this point. I get that no one signed for it, but if the postal worker left that piece of mail somewhere, shouldn't it be scanned so that I can get my $3 worth for each envelope and know that it was delivered to someplace at least? I don't get it.

But yay! Fee and supp app successfully received!

Thanks God! i received the confirmation email today.

I received my confirmation through the email last week

I feel for you guys who sent stuff to the wrong address...I mean it's ultimately your mistake, but still, that's gotta suck. If I remember correctly from the UCSF information day, Joel said they cancel several hundred applications right off the bat because they didn't follow directions in one way or another...so I made sure to be ultra careful when putting everything together. I guess it's the easiest way to weed out the first batch of people, not a knock on UCSF by any means, because they have the right to structure it that way.

From people who've visited or have insight into this program, what's your impression? I got the sense that it's a pretty intense program aimed at cranking out a lot of academic or clinical pharmacists. And what's the odds of being able to find good, clean, relatively affordable housing (I know SF is expensive, but...) a little bit away from the campus? It's in kind of a tough spot as far as that's concerned, at least from what I could see.

I feel for you guys who sent stuff to the wrong address...I mean it's ultimately your mistake, but still, that's gotta suck. If I remember correctly from the UCSF information day, Joel said they cancel several hundred applications right off the bat because they didn't follow directions in one way or another...so I made sure to be ultra careful when putting everything together. I guess it's the easiest way to weed out the first batch of people, not a knock on UCSF by any means, because they have the right to structure it that way.

From people who've visited or have insight into this program, what's your impression? I got the sense that it's a pretty intense program aimed at cranking out a lot of academic or clinical pharmacists. And what's the odds of being able to find good, clean, relatively affordable housing (I know SF is expensive, but...) a little bit away from the campus? It's in kind of a tough spot as far as that's concerned, at least from what I could see.

From what I hear, amidst its unbeatable prestige as the #1 program in the nation, it still has a lot of room for improvement. Let's face it, no program is perfect. My personal impression of the program: it has great board passing rates, it caters towards unique leaders, and the student body seems to be consistently well chosen (and that's the truth).

I visited some of the housing arrangements, and I felt like the housing was a wee bit incovinient (with its crazy hills). At least the classes were only 1-2 minutes away... which can be very nice.

and by the way, it's sad people sent their documents to the wrong address. TOugh luck... but it could be worse (what if they cashed those checks?). life isnt over. i wonder how J.G. would respond to those phone calls :))Hi Joel!!).

Last edited:
I had just received my confirmation email from the admissions office! Yay! Whew...what a sigh of relief. Ok, I can't wait until two days before Christmas Eve so I can stalk the mailman again just like last year. :smuggrin:

Has anyone NOT heard anything back from them? Just wondering.. I'm still in the processing of waiting...

I'm still waiting for a response from them that they received my package. I was super meticulous about following the directions so I'm not worried. Plus I checked the PharmCAS website and they still haven't mailed my appilcation. Stupid PharmCAS. :mad: I know I won't recieve any response from UCSF until they get that application.

Has anyone NOT heard anything back from them? Just wondering.. I'm still in the processing of waiting...

I am still waiting. I am a little nervous because I sent both the application and check to the office of registrar... so I am not sure what will happen to me? Is anyone else in the same boat? :confused:

hey people! you've got to chillex! they are NOT going to send anything until at least the end of December. Geeeshh...

I am still waiting. I am a little nervous because I sent both the application and check to the office of registrar... so I am not sure what will happen to me? Is anyone else in the same boat? :confused:
I did the same thing. I called admissions to tell them about it and asked if I should submit the application and fee again separately (since this was about a week before the deadline) and they agreed to deliver the materials to their proper places for me since I had notified them of my mistake. Such nice people!

Jesus, I just received confirmation email that they got all my stuff. I can start sleeping again ! I was sick to my stomach worried I missed something !

Good luck everyone on your application process to UCSF!

Interesting...I got an email from UCSF inquiring about a certain aspect of my application. At least I know UCSF is reviewing my application. Is this common?

They asked me about research, because I did not list it as a work experience or extracurricular activity. Through my school, I am researching for course units so it falls under courses instead. They wanted me to clarify what was the nature of the research course was.

pharmcas mailed on 11/24

but i still havent heard anything...

anyone else?

Yup I haven't heard anything yet...

pharmcas mailed on 11/24

but i still havent heard anything...

anyone else?

Well you can expect not to hear anything regarding your status until a month later. Towards X-mas is likely.

sadly i'm still waiting for a confirmation... 12 mote days to go

sadly i'm still waiting for a confirmation... 12 mote days to go

That was what I meant. it took a month before they told me they received all my material.

Do you guys know if UCSF sends separate emails to confirm that they have received the PharmCAS and supplemental applications. Or is just that one email, that mentions the supplemental by name and only headlines the PharmCAS #, which was provided with the supp app and says "all required materials are present."

Thanks.

Do you guys know if UCSF sends separate emails to confirm that they have received the PharmCAS and supplemental applications. Or is just that one email, that mentions the supplemental by name and only headlines the PharmCAS #, which was provided with the supp app and says "all required materials are present."

Thanks.

You'll just get one e-mail saying that your application is complete once they receive the PharmCAS apps and they make sure that it along with your supplemental was sent in by Nov. 1st.

I just got mine a couple days ago.

Good luck--and hopefully we'll all get a nice Xmas present this year. :)

You'll just get one e-mail saying that your application is complete once they receive the PharmCAS apps and they make sure that it along with your supplemental was sent in by Nov. 1st.

I just got mine a couple days ago.

Good luck--and hopefully we'll all get a nice Xmas present this year. :)

So, if you got this kind of confirm. email, it means that they are reviewing your application?

I don't know their system, because I mailed my supplemental on Nov 3rd and received a confirmation on Nov 13. I wonder how they go through applications.

So, if you got this kind of confirm. email, it means that they are reviewing your application?

From what Joel said, I think the review process started in October. This way it can ensure the adcom can go through all applications due to the large number of applicants.

I'm starting to get excited and anxious right now, since they might start sending invites next week (if it's the same like last year). :scared::) Hang on tight everyone!

I'm starting to get excited and anxious right now, since they might start sending invites next week (if it's the same like last year). :scared::) Hang on tight everyone!

same here.. I hope I get an interview this year...