UBC Pre-pharmacy 2010!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THEIR PCAT MARKS FROM JAN23 YET?!?!?! i heard they're going to be on the website THIS WEEK :eek: apparently people in texas already got their scores

Members don't see this ad.

hey people in the states got their pcat score already, but i still havent received mine yet. This is my first time taking pcat, how do you check your score anyways?

GOT MY PCAT SCORES! i checked online ... goto pcatweb.info and login, and click personal score report, pay $20, and presto.

i did 40% higher than october haha :D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just bought mine online too. It was my first time taking the test and I'm applying for the 2010 admission cycle, so it was really my only shot at it. Very happy though:

Verbal: 92
Biology: 87
Reading Comp: 89
Quantitative Ability: 55
Chemistry: 77
Composite: 87

Conventions of Language: 3.0 (mean 2.68)
Problem Solving: 3.0 (mean 2.70)

Do you think my quantitative will hurt me too much?

Is that really true though?

I mean, you would think that they would want to get a full assessment of the applicant's abilities. Just because someone can memorize formulas and structures doesn't necessarily make them a good pharmacy candidate. Just like someone who might be great at comprehension and communication, but doesn't understand basic science at all might not be the best candidate either.

I'm just saying that it seems to me like a waste of time for a pharmacy school to ask you to write the PCAT only to look at the composite score, because theoretically your GPA should also be representative of it since a lot of the courses you take to earn said GPA is the same as what is on the PCAT. At least if they look at the subtest percentiles, they can get an idea of how well rounded a student is...

Of course I am just trying to make myself feel better because I would say my GPA right now is maybe a 3.2 from the U of C and I have no idea what that translates to at UBC.

anyone have a rough idea how much tuition will be for the 4 year program?

It really depends on how many courses you have to take each year as many students who do more than one year of university prior get many of the required courses done prior to entry (especially the first year courses). Next year we are looking at $222.03 per credit. If you have to take all credits next year that's going to cost $7549 (34 credits). This does not include student fees. Currently, tuition tends to increase at 2% per year minimum, so the next three years would cost $9285 (year 2 - 41 credits), 9240 (year 3 - 40 credits), and $7775 (year 4 - 33 credits). This would be a total of $33849. Once you factor in student fees and books for those 4 years you are probably looking at $40000. Although because of the new building that will be up in 2012, and the expanded class size, it is quite possible that tuition fees could increase significantly in the future, if the government lifts the current cap on tuition.

I mean, you would think that they would want to get a full assessment of the applicant's abilities. Just because someone can memorize formulas and structures doesn't necessarily make them a good pharmacy candidate. Just like someone who might be great at comprehension and communication, but doesn't understand basic science at all might not be the best candidate either.

I'm just saying that it seems to me like a waste of time for a pharmacy school to ask you to write the PCAT only to look at the composite score, because theoretically your GPA should also be representative of it since a lot of the courses you take to earn said GPA is the same as what is on the PCAT. At least if they look at the subtest percentiles, they can get an idea of how well rounded a student is...

Of course I am just trying to make myself feel better because I would say my GPA right now is maybe a 3.2 from the U of C and I have no idea what that translates to at UBC.

I think its mainly just used to ensure consistency between schools for pre-requisite courses. What I mean by this is that if someone has a 90% GPA from a school and they end up getting 50% composite on the PCAT, the admissions committee would think twice about accepting said student, or even giving them an interview. But if you have an 80% average and maybe an 85% PCAT, they would probably give them an interview. The PCAT is only worth 10% or so of the admissions and I really think they have alot of other ways to evaluate how well rounded of a student you are, such as the personal statements, resume which includes volunteer experience, and the interview. Now that they are switching to the multiple mini interview format, this should only increase the number of well rounded students getting into the program.

I think its mainly just used to ensure consistency between schools for pre-requisite courses. What I mean by this is that if someone has a 90% GPA from a school and they end up getting 50% composite on the PCAT, the admissions committee would think twice about accepting said student, or even giving them an interview. But if you have an 80% average and maybe an 85% PCAT, they would probably give them an interview. The PCAT is only worth 10% or so of the admissions and I really think they have alot of other ways to evaluate how well rounded of a student you are, such as the personal statements, resume which includes volunteer experience, and the interview. Now that they are switching to the multiple mini interview format, this should only increase the number of well rounded students getting into the program.

Fair enough. In that case, I suppose I should be relatively consistent. Really hope it lands me an interview. I am OOP, but would love to attend UBC. I've got a lot of experience and I think I have strong references, but the MMI format still makes me nervous though.

So I am just curious as to why you say MMI should only increase the number of well-rounded students getting into the program. I've heard a lot of things about this format. My brother personally went through this format to get into med school (@UBC). Although I'm not too sure how they are going to go about this with UBC Pharmacy. I don't know how many situational scenarios they can come up that would be relevant.

So I am just curious as to why you say MMI should only increase the number of well-rounded students getting into the program. I've heard a lot of things about this format. My brother personally went through this format to get into med school (@UBC). Although I'm not too sure how they are going to go about this with UBC Pharmacy. I don't know how many situational scenarios they can come up that would be relevant.

I can think of tons off of the top of my head. For instance, how would you handle an emotionally distraught customer? I work as a tech and a man came to the pharmacy counter on the verge of tears, looking for something to help calm his daughter/help her sleep because she just lost her mother. Being a tech, of course, I could not counsel and directed a pharmacist to him, but it was probably one of the most significant moment during my work experience. Definitely gave me a lot to think about.

Not to mention all of the ethical questions about lying and cheating that you could apply to almost any career if you try hard enough.

Do we get our personal scores mailed to us or is the only way to see them by purchasing them online?

Ok I just bought my scores online... just wanted to get it over with :oops:
Now, is the composite score the composite percentile rank?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I had a good chance to get into Pharmacy this year. I have a gpa of 3.2, a lot of extracurricular activities and volunteer experience, and 2 strong references in my opinion. Then i bombed my pcat. I have taken it twice so far. Did bad the first time, studied 10x as hard the second time, and did even worse. Now what am I going to do? I just wasted a year.

I thought I had a good chance to get into Pharmacy this year. I have a gpa of 3.2, a lot of extracurricular activities and volunteer experience, and 2 strong references in my opinion. Then i bombed my pcat. I have taken it twice so far. Did bad the first time, studied 10x as hard the second time, and did even worse. Now what am I going to do? I just wasted a year.

Well, I think the question is how bad is "bombed" according to you? I got an 87 composite, but on these boards I've seen people shrug off their 90s saying that they could have "done better." Did you at least get over the 65% minimum that UBC requires? Lots of people are saying that the PCAT isn't everything, so hang in there and hold tight and see if you get an interview. If you do, use the opportunity to wow them. If you don't, then take the PCAT again. Don't psych yourself out about it, and focus on the subjects that you've been doing poorly on. I'm in my 3rd year of my undergrad and have about the same statistics in terms of GPA and exprience as you. January was my first and only chance to take the PCAT and I hadn't taken any of the relevant math, chem, etc. courses for over a year. I bought two study guides and only made it through the chem and math sections of one of them, plus the practice test at the end of it. I thought for sure I was doomed considering my lack of preparation, but I kept my head cool and did alright.

I know that getting a poor mark can be discouraging, but if pharmacy is really what you want then you might have to wait it out another year if all else fails and try again. If you've got experience and a decent GPA then they should at least look at you and consider you for an interview. I say don't start freaking out about what you are going to do next until you know for sure. Right now everything is pretty much out of all of our hands.

I'm a student at UBC and I'm currently majoring in MBIM.
Anyone know if I apply for a change of program and do not end up getting into the program, will I be placed back into my previous program or will I be put into general studies?

I'm a student at UBC and I'm currently majoring in MBIM.
Anyone know if I apply for a change of program and do not end up getting into the program, will I be placed back into my previous program or will I be put into general studies?

I go to the U of C, but I am sure that in any school/situation you remain in your original program if you don't get accepted into the program you want to change into. If that wasn't the case, I think they would make it very clear.

I go to the U of C, but I am sure that in any school/situation you remain in your original program if you don't get accepted into the program you want to change into. If that wasn't the case, I think they would make it very clear.

Alright, thanks for that

Well, I think the question is how bad is "bombed" according to you? I got an 87 composite, but on these boards I've seen people shrug off their 90s saying that they could have "done better." Did you at least get over the 65% minimum that UBC requires? Lots of people are saying that the PCAT isn't everything, so hang in there and hold tight and see if you get an interview. If you do, use the opportunity to wow them. If you don't, then take the PCAT again. Don't psych yourself out about it, and focus on the subjects that you've been doing poorly on. I'm in my 3rd year of my undergrad and have about the same statistics in terms of GPA and exprience as you. January was my first and only chance to take the PCAT and I hadn't taken any of the relevant math, chem, etc. courses for over a year. I bought two study guides and only made it through the chem and math sections of one of them, plus the practice test at the end of it. I thought for sure I was doomed considering my lack of preparation, but I kept my head cool and did alright.

I know that getting a poor mark can be discouraging, but if pharmacy is really what you want then you might have to wait it out another year if all else fails and try again. If you've got experience and a decent GPA then they should at least look at you and consider you for an interview. I say don't start freaking out about what you are going to do next until you know for sure. Right now everything is pretty much out of all of our hands.
Thanks for your response. I'm going to wait it out one more year and try again. I'm going to purchase Dr. Collin's guide and keep trying. And I really did bomb my second pcat. I'm not like other people who get 90 and get upset about it. I got at least 65% on my first pcat, but then did worse on my second, which is discouraging.

3.2 GPA huh.

Thats what I have. Except I'm only a 1st year prepharmer.

I took my pcat with 4 first year courses under my belt. Still waiting for results in the mail (Probably gonna say its around 60-70 comp at max, but who cares, I'm only 18 right? :p )

Are you... me? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bomb (Like I mentioned above), and I have alot of EC's and volunteer.

This year I'm gonna see if I can get a pharm assistant job. (Was interviewed last semester at this place, but my availability wasn't good. Only fri/sat/sun = nope, not for a place thats closed on weekends and closes at 5pm on fridays. :p )

Good luck to all applicants. I'm still waiting for PCAT results.. hopefully I'll get 65% so I'll atleast be considered for an interview.

Got my results too felt I did good. Im in my third year so I felt I had a good grasp of everything on the exam. Its my first year applying so I hope I get in this year haha

PCAT Composite- 95

Average for all prerequisites- 86

3.2 GPA huh.

Thats what I have. Except I'm only a 1st year prepharmer.

I took my pcat with 4 first year courses under my belt. Still waiting for results in the mail (Probably gonna say its around 60-70 comp at max, but who cares, I'm only 18 right? :p )

Haha, same GPA but opposite situation... I'm just finishing up my 3rd year, so I had all my pre-reqs (except for English since I hadn't decided to go into pharmacy and didn't bother taking any as options since I had a transfer credit for one English based on my AP results), but had forgotten pretty much everything by the time I took the PCAT in January. Not to mention, in my first few years I didn't do so hot because I was one of the really good students in high school who had it easy and didn't know how to study in University without being spoonfed. I've caught on now, unfortunately the mark on my GPA will last forever, and of course, higher level courses have a certain difficulty too. I'm thinking my pharmacy tech experience will really help me though. I worked at the neighbourhood pharmacy throughout high school and when I went into university my boss gave me the opportunity to train as a technician and see if I liked the idea of pharmacy. Turns out I did. And here I am.

Haha, same GPA but opposite situation... I'm just finishing up my 3rd year, so I had all my pre-reqs (except for English since I hadn't decided to go into pharmacy and didn't bother taking any as options since I had a transfer credit for one English based on my AP results), but had forgotten pretty much everything by the time I took the PCAT in January. Not to mention, in my first few years I didn't do so hot because I was one of the really good students in high school who had it easy and didn't know how to study in University without being spoonfed. I've caught on now, unfortunately the mark on my GPA will last forever, and of course, higher level courses have a certain difficulty too. I'm thinking my pharmacy tech experience will really help me though. I worked at the neighbourhood pharmacy throughout high school and when I went into university my boss gave me the opportunity to train as a technician and see if I liked the idea of pharmacy. Turns out I did. And here I am.

Yea thats kinda like me. I'm not doing so hot anymore (note to self: don't be cocky and know it all because of straight a's in HS). Hopefully this summer I can get a job at a pharmacy though because it would be great if I got experience. Still waiting for PCAT marks, I'm really scared though.

Yea thats kinda like me. I'm not doing so hot anymore (note to self: don't be cocky and know it all because of straight a's in HS). Hopefully this summer I can get a job at a pharmacy though because it would be great if I got experience. Still waiting for PCAT marks, I'm really scared though.

Actually, don't even bother applying. You have no chance.

Actually, don't even bother applying. You have no chance.

Wow, you've been here for less than a day, made a mere two posts, and you are already making sarcastic comments. I waited at least three days before I started acting like a jerk to people.

Im stressing like everyone else, but I finally submitted my application so at least that takes a bit of the pressure off.

i have :
3.7 gpa for the pre-req courses
only 84 comp on the pcat :S
year and a half experience as a pharmacy assistant
not very many EC's

keeping my fingers crossed :)

Whats everyone else's stats like?

Hey guys,

if my composite is 401.. what percentage is that??
UBC requires a minimum of 65%.. that means it has nothing to do with PR right?

Well looks like I won't be applying to UBC this year =\....

Got my PCAT scores back, I think I did alright considering how this was my FIRST time and I took it with only 3 FIRST year courses under my belt in my first semester of university.

Verbal ability - 35 (Knew I did bad on this)
Biology - 66
RC - 26 (What! I thought I did good)
Quant - 74
Chem - 88

Writing 3 & 3

Composite - 62

Writing 3 & 3

It sucks because I applied to UBC and paid the 2 fees already... :(

Next year its gonna be an EASY 90%+ PCAT. Good luck again, hopefully I won't see any of you guys again in the 2011 forum.

:)

Last edited:
Hey bb,
I can feel your pain in RC.
I wrote PCAT 2 times...and I spent a lot of time on RC just to improve by 10%..

If your goal is to increase the composite,
Don't spend too much time on RC.
Spend more time on your quantum, chem, and bio !

Good luck.

Well looks like I won't be applying to UBC this year =\....

Got my PCAT scores back, I think I did alright considering how this was my FIRST time and I took it with only 3 FIRST year courses under my belt in my first semester of university.

Verbal ability - 35 (Knew I did bad on this)
Biology - 66
RC - 26 (What! I thought I did good)
Quant - 74
Chem - 88

Writing 3 & 3

Composite - 62

Writing 3 & 3

It sucks because I applied to UBC and paid the 2 fees already... :(

Next year its gonna be an EASY 90%+ PCAT. Good luck again, hopefully I won't see any of you guys again in the 2011 forum.

:)

Have any of you guys got your PCAT scores in the mail yet or just online? I've accessed them online too, but there is something about the idea of holding the envelope in my hand and knowing that it actually got mailed that gives me great comfort. People in the states have theirs so hopefully it will show up at my door soon... I can't believe I have to wait another four months to even find out if I get in!

Have any of you guys got your PCAT scores in the mail yet or just online? I've accessed them online too, but there is something about the idea of holding the envelope in my hand and knowing that it actually got mailed that gives me great comfort. People in the states have theirs so hopefully it will show up at my door soon... I can't believe I have to wait another four months to even find out if I get in!

Yes, got mine in the mail yesterday.

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.

Yes, got mine in the mail yesterday.

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.

Damnit, I'm in Calgary. Given that I am closer to Texas (which is where I think the scores come from?), I should have got mine by now! Sigh. I hate Canada Post.

Im stressing like everyone else, but I finally submitted my application so at least that takes a bit of the pressure off.

i have :
3.7 gpa for the pre-req courses
only 84 comp on the pcat :S
year and a half experience as a pharmacy assistant
not very many EC's

keeping my fingers crossed :)

Whats everyone else's stats like?

first term average (half the pre-reqs) 89%
second term .. no idea yet
PCAT composite 90%
lots of EC + pharmacy experience

Does it kill anyone else that interviews aren't until June and acceptances probably won't be sent out until July? I kind of need to know where I am going to be come the beginning of September, given that I'll need to move to whatever school accepts me (if any at all :xf:). It sucks watching all of the American students talking about their interviews and acceptances while I am basically in limbo for the next four months!

Last edited:
Don't fret! Now that you've done your pcat, just focus on your current studies :) Time will tell whether or not you will get the interview.

I've read various discussions about how UBC converts grades from other schools to the admission average, but does anyone know the specifics for their conversion from U of C? Calgary uses the 4 point scale, and I mean, obviously it can't be quite as literal as 4=100%, 3=75%, etc... (although that would be nice). I'm in my 3rd year so I have taken all of the pre-reqs, plus some of the upper level courses they list on the website that they also take into consideration, so I really have no idea WHAT GPA they will even be looking at. My guess is *MAYBE* 3.2-ish, because I had my butt kicked by ochem and microbio, but did pretty well at physiology and anatomy and biochemistry. So I wanna think that that puts me into the suggested 75-85% range, but who really knows at this point. Speculation does me nothing, but I can't help it anyway.

I've read various discussions about how UBC converts grades from other schools to the admission average, but does anyone know the specifics for their conversion from U of C? Calgary uses the 4 point scale, and I mean, obviously it can't be quite as literal as 4=100%, 3=75%, etc... (although that would be nice). I'm in my 3rd year so I have taken all of the pre-reqs, plus some of the upper level courses they list on the website that they also take into consideration, so I really have no idea WHAT GPA they will even be looking at. My guess is *MAYBE* 3.2-ish, because I had my butt kicked by ochem and microbio, but did pretty well at physiology and anatomy and biochemistry. So I wanna think that that puts me into the suggested 75-85% range, but who really knows at this point. Speculation does me nothing, but I can't help it anyway.

Hey,
From what I hear (but im not 100% on this) they round us down. So lets say you got a an A which ranges from 85-89 - they will use 85 as the percentage (on a 4.33 scale - UofC is a 4.0 scale but they will still round it down). Thats one way they can calculate it. Which really sucks as UBC applicants will have an artificially higher % calculated than those who didnt go to UBC for their pre-reqs.

Another possible way is by using this conversion from GPA scale (4.33 scale though) to Percentage : http://www.arts.ubc.ca/students/deg...sing/academicperformance/gpa-equivalency.html. Im thinking this is equivalent to the first method.

Hey,
From what I hear (but im not 100% on this) they round us down. So lets say you got a an A which ranges from 85-89 - they will use 85 as the percentage (on a 4.33 scale - UofC is a 4.0 scale but they will still round it down). Thats one way they can calculate it. Which really sucks as UBC applicants will have an artificially higher % calculated than those who didnt go to UBC for their pre-reqs.

Another possible way is by using this conversion from GPA scale (4.33 scale though) to Percentage : http://www.arts.ubc.ca/students/deg...sing/academicperformance/gpa-equivalency.html. Im thinking this is equivalent to the first method.

Thanks for the info. I am guessing that they would probably take whatever percentage scale that U of C's registrar gives them, but I am wondering if they just give a GENERAL scale to apply to all courses or if they give the individual scale as assigned by each course. I know that science courses generally have lower cut-offs for letter grades because they are "more difficult" while other courses like languages and such often have higher cut offs so technically getting an A in English compared to an A in Chemistry can differ by a LARGE percent. Hm...

Actually no.. English courses at UBC, the highest mark you can get is 90% because they only assign letter grades for your assignments and round DOWN. So if you get an A+, you get 90%, A, you get 85%, etc.

Actually no.. English courses at UBC, the highest mark you can get is 90% because they only assign letter grades for your assignments and round DOWN. So if you get an A+, you get 90%, A, you get 85%, etc.

Nope, that's not true at all. All UBC grades go by percentages, and you can check out the statistics on PAIR (pair.ubc.ca) that ENGL 110/112 marks go beyond 90% (although rarely). How your percentage is assigned is up to your lecturer/professor.

I don't think UBC students have an "artificially higher" mark, as their marks aren't inflated compared to other schools. I guess it's arguing semantics since it's the other schools' marks that are being "artificially deflated" for admission, which I think is fair. An A+ at a university college/"lower-end" university/community college may not equate to an A+ at UBC.

To Everyone Stressing about their PCAT marks:

Seriously don't stress guys its worth VERY VERY VERY LITTLE of your application. There has actually been cases where people had an amazing application everything else was superb but got LESS than 65% and still got in!!! Provided that your score wasn't TOO much lower than 65% you still have a chance!

And to those of you that did get above 65% and are still stressing...... I'm sure you have better things to worry about like your midterms or finals coming up!

If you've applied everything's over now until you get news if you got an interview or not so just try to relax and take it easy!

Nope, that's not true at all. All UBC grades go by percentages, and you can check out the statistics on PAIR (pair.ubc.ca) that ENGL 110/112 marks go beyond 90% (although rarely). How your percentage is assigned is up to your lecturer/professor.

I don't think UBC students have an "artificially higher" mark, as their marks aren't inflated compared to other schools. I guess it's arguing semantics since it's the other schools' marks that are being "artificially deflated" for admission, which I think is fair. An A+ at a university college/"lower-end" university/community college may not equate to an A+ at UBC.

Actually it is true. Almost every professor (according to my English prof) uses the letter grade system and converts them to percentages afterwards (I didn't say they don't use percentage, just that they use letter grades to determine them), and that the highest mark you can go on your assignments/exams really is just 90%. If your term mark somehow goes above that, it is usually because your participation/presentation marks (or something other than assignments/exams) are given as a percentage without a letter grade.

I agree that marks should be deflated if you are getting them at community colleges and such as you said, but that isn't really a concern to me because I go to a LEGIT university. It just sucks that there is no easily accessible scale to translate UBC grades to Calgary grades and ease my worries... I mean I'm already OOP as it is.

Actually it is true. Almost every professor (according to my English prof) uses the letter grade system and converts them to percentages afterwards (I didn't say they don't use percentage, just that they use letter grades to determine them), and that the highest mark you can go on your assignments/exams really is just 90%. If your term mark somehow goes above that, it is usually because your participation/presentation marks (or something other than assignments/exams) are given as a percentage without a letter grade.

That's odd, because every English class that I've taken, I have received a grade first in fraction/raw number (ie. 24/25, 9/10 etc.) THEN in letter grade (B, C+, A- etc.).

There's at least one person who received 100% in ENGL 112 last term, and I myself got over 90% in that course when I took it, so to those currently in ENGL 112 (or some other English course) right now and worried they won't get over 90, there's no need to worry. It's possible to get over 90% with certain professors/TAs (without full participation, since I know for sure I did not always participate/go to class).

lllix, are you also applying to UofA? My plan was to apply to UofA if I didn't get into UBC, but since you are in-province, wouldn't that make it easier? Have you tried contacting UBC admissions regarding transfer of grades?

lllix, are you also applying to UofA? My plan was to apply to UofA if I didn't get into UBC, but since you are in-province, wouldn't that make it easier? Have you tried contacting UBC admissions regarding transfer of grades?

Yes I am applying to U of A, although I would honestly rather attend UBC. U of A actually has no preference for in/out of province students which kind of sucks because they also have pretty high standards GPA-wise. So it's not easier for me because I pretty much get to compete with the entire pool of applicants regardless of province.

To be honest, UBC is my first choice, not only because Vancouver >>>> Edmonton (or Saskatchewan.... I also applied to U of S even though there are only 14 seats for OOPs), but also because it seems to me, just by the application process that they value certain qualities in their potential qualities that the U of A does not. Sure the U of A has you write a Letter of Intent, but the extent to which they assess you is nothing compared to UBC. The fact that they acknowledge that grades do not necessarily make a pharmacist tells me a lot about their values. And no I haven't talked to them about the transfer of grades because either way it is out of my hands. They can upscale/downscale them; however, they want. I've already sent in my application so it's too late to back out now. Plus I know a girl from Calgary who is in her 2nd year at UBC so I know that it is *possible* for me to get in. I think I stand a pretty good chance as long as I get an interview.

Good afternoon~

I was just wondering...
what's the lowest GPA that you've heard of that has made it into UBC pharmacy?

I applied last yr; got an interview w/ gpa of 3.00 + PCAT composition score of 87 + volunteer/EC/pharm experience + awesome references. however, I think I killed my interview cuz I was too nervous ... =(

this yr, my GPA went down a bit... 2.95, but my PCAT is 88 (+1% than last yr!.... lower than I had hoped but as least it's not lower than last yr) and I have a little more volunteer/EC experience, pharm experience the same and the references SHOULD be the same as well.

What you think? Chances of getting another interview. I already applied but I just looked at my stats from last year and it made me nervous.

Thank you, everyone. All the best to you. :oops:

okay so on my pharmacy application status, it says that UBC has received my PCAT score :D however, my reference letters are still not received.

Does anyone have a different status than me?

okay so on my pharmacy application status, it says that UBC has received my PCAT score :D however, my reference letters are still not received.

They haven't received ANY of my stuff yet (except for my transcripts according to youBC). I sent my references WAY before the deadline and they were received according to my tracking # on Canada Post on February 24th. Don't really know why it is taking them so long to update these results. U of A received my letters which I sent the same day and has already updated my list on their records. I just hope that UBC picks up the pace because its causing me so much anxiety worrying that my documents got lost or something.

Last edited:
To Everyone Stressing about their PCAT marks:

Seriously don't stress guys its worth VERY VERY VERY LITTLE of your application. There has actually been cases where people had an amazing application everything else was superb but got LESS than 65% and still got in!!! Provided that your score wasn't TOO much lower than 65% you still have a chance!

And to those of you that did get above 65% and are still stressing...... I'm sure you have better things to worry about like your midterms or finals coming up!

If you've applied everything's over now until you get news if you got an interview or not so just try to relax and take it easy!

DUDE. YOU ARE MAKING MY HEART POUND.

On the site it says minimum 65%.... though.. don't do this to me... I've already convinced myself that I'm not going to get an interview ..

I don't think we have to worry about it for now, since they're in the process of updating the checklist. According to the site, the checklist isn't supposed to be available until March 15th anyway.