UBC Pre-pharmacy 2010!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just out of curiosity, how many of us on this thread did not recieve any kind of an email, decline or waitlist?:confused: congrats to all of you once again!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm does anyone know what year standing we will be in? I'll be going into year 3 this september, but would I still be considered 1st year for registering courses? I'm asking because I want to take FNH 200 this year

Members don't see this ad :)
just out of curiosity, how many of us on this thread did not recieve any kind of an email, decline or waitlist?:confused: congrats to all of you once again!

no email for me yet either :confused:

Hmm does anyone know what year standing we will be in? I'll be going into year 3 this september, but would I still be considered 1st year for registering courses? I'm asking because I want to take FNH 200 this year

Unfortunately you go back down to first year standing. Not sure how that will affect registration, since I think pharmacy student registration isn't just lumped in with everyone else (for example for next semester, I registered as a 3rd year, but my registration time was before my sister's, who is a 4th year student (Faculty of Sci).

Unfortunately you go back down to first year standing. Not sure how that will affect registration, since I think pharmacy student registration isn't just lumped in with everyone else (for example for next semester, I registered as a 3rd year, but my registration time was before my sister's, who is a 4th year student (Faculty of Sci).

Darn, that sucks.. now I need something to replace FNH 200.. Do you know of any easy approved electives?

I was in the same situation last year, all you have to do is go to the faculty of land and food systems? (i think) and ask them to put you onto the waitlist for the course because they won't allow you to register directly until everyone's gotten a chance at it. But don't worry everyone I knew that wanted to take it including me was able to take it.

Darn, that sucks.. now I need something to replace FNH 200.. Do you know of any easy approved electives?

If it's a matter of "you need 2/3rd year standing" to register in the course, I think you can get an override from the prof to let you register.

Hey ksksks,
I thought it was bs when UBC didn't give me an interview cause hey if oop university did, i would 90% guaranteed for in province ..oh well...see u in T.O buddy! glad to know i got a BC-er with me out there!

i honestly cant believe it...
my stats: 80 GPA/90 PCAT/worked 1 yr at a pharmacy as a tech full time/vice president of a residence council and co-chair of outreach program...tons of sports

i am guessing that its because I attended U of T instead of UBC...

my stats: 80 GPA/90 PCAT/worked 1 yr at a pharmacy as a tech full time/vice president of a residence council and co-chair of outreach program...tons of sports

I think they consider you OOP since you attended U of T? (even though you may originally be from van?)

u really shouldn't be bummed i mean u got into other schools didn't u? u're a lot better off than other people already.....

So I woke up at 7 PM to find an email saying I am offered admission to UBC Pharmacy. Best way to start off the day (even though it is quite late). Yes my sleeping pattern is super messed up but I don't care.

My stats for those of who are interested:
Avg: 90
PCAT: 76
ECs: Had Pharm volunteer and a lot of other volunteer experiences

Congrats to all of those accepted this year and good luck to those of whom will be re-applying next year! Although next year you will all have a much higher chance due to the increase in seats, so no need to beat yourself over not getting in this year.

I think they consider you OOP since you attended U of T? (even though you may originally be from van?)

I got similar stats.....80% average, 84% PCAT....1 yr pharmacy volunteer....i yr hospital volunteer...clubs....and i m from BC....so depressed....i got rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same situation last year, all you have to do is go to the faculty of land and food systems? (i think) and ask them to put you onto the waitlist for the course because they won't allow you to register directly until everyone's gotten a chance at it. But don't worry everyone I knew that wanted to take it including me was able to take it.

If it's a matter of "you need 2/3rd year standing" to register in the course, I think you can get an override from the prof to let you register.

Awesome, thanks!

wait did some of u guys receive rejection letters?

i didnt receive any emails either
but from what happened last yr, no email meant u were rejected?

hmm maybe there is bit of hope left.

Maybe since MMI is hard to grade, they may have sent offers to some people, but not all... I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to get into UBC.

i am probably the only one that got accepted to U of T but very depressed cause I didnt get into UBC.

I studied in UBC this year though, so shouldnt that automatically count me as a BC resident? My home's here too. I am beginning to think there is some sort of prejudice against U of T students...

and to those of you who were accepted, did you guys do ur interviews on the earllier sessions?

I did mine on June 26th

yeah, got my rejection about an hour ago.

I hope that, by some miracle, u of a accepts me, but i am not counting on it. I have heard horror stories of people with top gpas not getting accepted and i am definitely no where near a 4.0. Plus, i am kind of in love with vancouver and edmonton just isn't where i imagined myself... I will definitely go if they do accept me, of course. In the mean time i am tweaking my fall registration at my normal school and debating whether i should enroll myself last minute into a summer course or just keep working (not looking forward to telling my co-workers the bad news tomorrow...).

I think it is very strange that a large amount of you have not received e-mails. Maybe a surprisingly high portion of sdners made the wait list and they just haven't sent out the waitlist e-mails yet, but that doesn't seem very intuitive either.

there is hope for us yet.......
Maybe decisions have been made for the first set of interviewees

Congrats to everyone who got in! Looking forward to meeting you all next year! And for those who didn't, I hope you all try again next year!

and to those of you who were accepted, did you guys do ur interviews on the earllier sessions?

I did mine on June 26th

I did mine on June 27th. I see that some people from our interview weekend have already been accepted. ex. bebeLnJ and farmC. I guess we could rule out that idea. haha!

I got in!! :love:

GPA: 91
PCAT: 97

Congrats to everyone who got in and to those that didn't, don't give up!! Like someone already mentioned, there are more seats next year = better chance!!

Thanks SDN for all your help!!

I did mine on June 27th. I see that some people from our interview weekend have already been accepted. ex. bebeLnJ and farmC. I guess we could rule out that idea. haha!

well, i guess its time to fax in my acceptance for U of T pharm...

well, i guess its time to fax in my acceptance for U of T pharm...

probably a good idea if you have another offer! UBC was the only place i applied to! congrats that you have an offer to U of T!

Congratz everyone!
For those who want to know stats:
I just finished my first year BSc.
PCAT: 72
GPA:78 (approx.)

Hey guys, for those who got the email , can you please post the exact time. I am just trying to figure out if all the acceptance emails went out at the same time. If not, I guess I still have some hope?

haha i am going to change from pre-pharmacy to pharmacy student on sdn now...

Hey guys, for those who got the email , can you please post the exact time. I am just trying to figure out if all the acceptance emails went out at the same time. If not, I guess I still have some hope?

they're almost always sent out at the same time for everyone

It was around 3:39pm.
I'm almost certain that they would send out the acceptance emails on the same day, if not the same time. I mean, what would be the point of separating the letters? And I doubt that they ranked some people but not others...

Having said that, I'm not sure why they wouldn't send all the rejection letters at the same time either. Maybe you should call Margaret tomorrow and just ask.

oh yeah and to those of you who were wondering whether to email margaret back, I did (even though it wasn't required).

I basically just said "I would like to accept your offer of admission" and included my name and student ID. That gave me a sense of closure. haha.

OMGOMGOMGOMG I AM FINALLY A PHARMACY STUDENT!!!!
I was out of the house alllllll day because I was too scared to open my email but when I read the subject I just burst into tears and started screaming like a little child... head still hurts
congrats to all my fellow classmates!
looking forward to september more than ever before!
STATS:
GPA- ~~ 75ish maybe 74 (bio-/o-chem:( )
PCAT 88
ECs.. really random ones
killer (I think) LORs and essays
1+ years of volunteer experience+ I have been a pharm. tech. for about 10 months :)
I Guess the interview went better than I thought..
and 2nd time applying (might make a difference?.. shows passion/determination)

oh yeah and to those of you who were wondering whether to email margaret back, I did (even though it wasn't required).

I basically just said "I would like to accept your offer of admission" and included my name and student ID. That gave me a sense of closure. haha.
yeah should I send an email back?
or maybe say nothing because I dont want it to be misunderstood accidentally as a rejection even if its an acceptance

yeah should I send an email back?
or maybe say nothing because I dont want it to be misunderstood accidentally as a rejection even if its an acceptance

I was thinking that at first... but i'm pretty sure she can tell "accept" from "reject"... plus since some of us emailed YES already, i think it would be better if more of us did it... just in case...

I was thinking that at first... but i'm pretty sure she can tell "accept" from "reject"... plus since some of us emailed YES already, i think it would be better if more of us did it... just in case...

Ya, if a lot of people email, I don't think they'd get confused and think "wow, a lot of people are rejecting the offer this year!" I'm sure they only get a couple rejections each year from people who got into other schools.

I'm in! Congrats to everyone who made it this year.
Stats: PCAT -89
GPA - 79
EC - not much, occasional volunteer work at special events, but I've been working full time while in school. No pharmacy experience.

I do have a BA in Psychology and was in management until I decided to go back to school.

Congratulations to those that got in, I will see you all in Sept!! My computer broke down on me at 3pm (protest against my 24/7 anime marathon, hehe, I am a bad owner), kept rebooting for almost 2 hours before I could log onto my email. Absolutely screamed when I saw read the email! Yes~! A pharmacy student now!!!!
For those who didn't get in, don't give up, try again next year! I was rejected last year, it took me almost a week to recover. You can do it!:thumbup::thumbup:

i know its obviously a very reputable school

Last edited:
the program is widely recognized in the world.
I am happy about everything except for one small thing

I was thinking of proposing to someone with my acceptance to UBC. Now if I go to Toronto, I wont be near that person...
Thats what I am bitter about. I really really need the letter.

I am gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best. No rejection yet at least.

That's too bad. Long distance relationships can suck :(

I'm going to email her too. Just in case :)

I was thinking of proposing to someone with my acceptance to UBC. Now if I go to Toronto, I wont be near that person...

Ouch, that's tough. I know how you feel though. UBC was the only option for me for a few reasons. My husband (then fiance) and I had to consider the possibility of being apart for the entire 4 years. His job would have had him in Halifax at the time, with a possible relocation to Victoria after 2 years. It was a tough decision but we decided to try the long distance thing. I know it's cliche but if you love each other enough, you make it work. As it turns out, after 2 months apart my husband decided he didn't like the job enough to be that far away for that long so he quit.

Yay I got In!!! So excited for next year guys!

GPA 76%
Pcat 80%
EC - Varsity Sport, lots of pharm volunteer and clubs

Is there a facebook group yet?

Last edited:
K i am still confused about "accepting my offer", if i don't do anything..aka don't email...is that okay? lol

K i am still confused about "accepting my offer", if i don't do anything..aka don't email...is that okay? lol
I'm not going to email...I think they might have changed it because they don't want to get a flood of emails this year?

@ksksks: damn, sucks that you didn't get into ubc. u seem like a cool guy, don't be too hard on yourself. AND you MIGHT be on the waiting list, so it's not over yet.

and i'm actually a bit jealous, because you don't have to decide between schools. maybe it's fate that you only got into u of t. who knows.

good luck!

I hope the person you plan to propose to doesn't own a sdn account and visit these forums :eek: