u of penn 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
90/117 toefl/3.58 gpa
@alldent ur stats are very good.. u ll definitely get a call.. Good luck to u.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks perio..i have no experience in US and i strongly think its gonna affect my resume...

hai all,
yesterday i got an oppurtunity to talk with an ex penn graduate. she never had any work experience. and according to her interview is pretty open, like all depends on the person who interviews you and what he feels for you... marks dont hold much of a significance nor experience. and interviews they will be calling till december , depending on the seats being filled up, she was called as the last batch and she got in... so all have hope

Members don't see this ad :)
hai all,
yesterday i got an oppurtunity to talk with an ex penn graduate. she never had any work experience. and according to her interview is pretty open, like all depends on the person who interviews you and what he feels for you... marks dont hold much of a significance nor experience. and interviews they will be calling till december , depending on the seats being filled up, she was called as the last batch and she got in... so all have hope
thats such a relief...thanks

thanks damienjames....but you know when the wait is going on all that one thinks of is all why's and what's...
thanks for uplifting my confidence..hope to receive their call soon...thanks again

plz share your interview experience who already have done...thanks

my interview will come soon in october 5 :), even i got accepted at UIC but i will go to penn. because my flight was booked before my acceptance at UIC. i am excited.:smuggrin::)

my interview will come soon in october 5 :), even i got accepted at UIC but i will go to penn. because my flight was booked before my acceptance at UIC. i am excited.:smuggrin::)
@ Charlie55.. congratulations.. you have the option.. can u pls share ur stats..

I dont think i will get a call since i applied in the last 2 weeks:(

Even i have applied to UPENN around the deadline and so very tensed now if i would get any interview chance.

Fingers crossed!!:(

please,,, some one throw some light on the interviews, there was batch of interviews on the 21st septempeer, please any one who did that please do share youre experience.

Its a friendly enivornment and well organized. Faculty and students are always there to help. Each has 3 Interviews, be yourself. Good Luck to all :love:

Does anyone has any clue/idea if Upenn is done calling all the candidates for interview?
How many seats are there for PASS program?

Members don't see this ad :)
UPenn has there Interview till Dec., so keep :xf:you may be one to attend. This year there 30-31 seats available.:)

UPenn has there Interview till Dec., so keep :xf:you may be one to attend. This year there 30-31 seats available.:)
Thanks anity for the information.

Thanks Anity for the info...
I hope:xf: something good happens

Hi Anity,

Would you please tell us what are the interviews like? Are these interviews clinical based? I havenot received an invite yet but just curious... you mentioned each one faces 3 interviews so wondering what do they ask?
Thanks.

I also applied on the deadline, so is there any chance that my application would be considered for the interview.

hi everyone... am a little new to the forum and to the application process as i have applied for the 1st time... i am getting very worried about my application to UPenn. i got a letter last week through regular email saying that my app is complete and being reviewed and that i wud be informed if i ws selected for an interview. but tht happens in late august thru september as per the letter... now its late september already and i havent heard frm thm... is tht ok or i need to follow up more on the app?

I got application complete mail in july and when i asked them about my status after a month, again they told me that they have already mailed me a letter stating my application complete status, and have not heard anything after, should i ask them again? pls let me know i am very worried now

if they said they did send the mail it will come,,, not worry at all,, the upenn admission team is so coperative and helpful..so dont worry calling them

Thank you damienjames.

if they said they did send the mail it will come,,, not worry at all,, the upenn admission team is so coperative and helpful..so dont worry calling them

Friends I have a question , has anyone who were Interviewed recieved acceptance? How long will they take to inform about acceptance.
Thanks in advance.

Has any one received application complete status from U of Penn? Do they send a mail or e mail?

yes i got it back in sep , they send it via regular postal mail... u can send them email too to ask ur status... they replied to me through email too.

Did anybody hear any new interview call from them?? Please share guys........so that we have an idea what's going on.......

HAI,,,, I AM IN PHILI NOW... AND STAYING IN SHERATON... I JUST A BIT CONFUSED ABOUT TOMORROW . CAN ANY ONE PLEASE IMMIDEATELY REPLY TO ME TO SAY AT WHAT TIME WE HAVE TO BE THERE FOR THE INTERVIEW, I THOUGHT OF CALLING THEM , BUT THE OFICE IS CLOSED. IF ANYONE STAYING IN THE SAME HOTEL OR ANY ONE NEAR BY , OR ANY ONE WHO HAVE ALREADY ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW PLEASE DO PM ME....EITHER IN THIS PAGE OR MAIL ME AT [email protected] ...........i thought its at 8.30,,but now in any of my papers i dont see any time given,,,,please ..do pm me

You'd better go there as early as possible. You can just find a place to wait if it is too early. Being late is a big NO-NO when you are interviewed.

I got rejection letter from upenn today, i feel sooo bad now. This time i passed my part2( 79) being a reapplicant but in this letter, its mentioned that being a reapplicant, i should have improved my part1(85)( which i can't).Anybody got such letter, i was having hope from upenn:( Also is it true that some universities like nyu, upenn donot accept part1 score older than 3years even though ADA has changed the rules

as far as i know, the only schools that do NOT accept scores older than 3 years are NYU and UCSF. The rest of them have changed their rules in regard to the new ADA policy. Sorry to hear about your news, good luck for other schools

Thank you hammaudeh71.

as far as i know, the only schools that do NOT accept scores older than 3 years are NYU and UCSF. The rest of them have changed their rules in regard to the new ADA policy. Sorry to hear about your news, good luck for other schools

They will be interviewing till December first week.... those who are waiting for an answer from them should not loose hope...:xf:

I got rejection letter from upenn today, i feel sooo bad now. This time i passed my part2( 79) being a reapplicant but in this letter, its mentioned that being a reapplicant, i should have improved my part1(85)( which i can't).Anybody got such letter, i was having hope from upenn:( Also is it true that some universities like nyu, upenn donot accept part1 score older than 3years even though ADA has changed the rules

As far as I know, NBDE doesn't allow people to re-take the exam if they passed it with at least 75% or more, correct?
If so, how people like you can "improve" their board score as long as they are not allowed to do that?
I am so sorry for you BENNY, but do not lose hope, keep fighting...:thumbup:

As far as I know, NBDE doesn't allow people to re-take the exam if they passed it with at least 75% or more, correct?
If so, how people like you can "improve" their board score as long as they are not allowed to do that?

Hi.. I'm an ex-Penn grad (advanced standing). I understand the difficulty in getting a better score considering the new rules, but what will help is adding to your resume and improving your work experience. Basically, they don't want you to send them the same resume, with no changes on it the second time around.

As for the poster above regarding the work experience, I got in on my first try with zero work experience, zero research. So don't lose hope!! It gets more competitive every year but have confidence in yourself and showcase yourself as well as you can during your interview. Good luck!

Does Upenn inform if a candidate is not going to be interviewed? Through a postal mail or email? or are those mails only for the candidates selected for interviews?

Thank you for support mij16, I am fighting and also gave them my part2, don't know why they said about part1?

Did anyone else besides Benny4567 get rejection letters from UPENN? Is it too late for them to send invitation now? Anyone waiting for any invitations give up hope by now? Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated. People who were interviewed this year please share your insights.

As I mentioned, it is still not too late for the interviews to come... they will be interviewing till december 1 st/2 nd week.... Two of my friends received invitations last week only.... Keep your hopes up friends :xf:

Did anyone else besides Benny4567 get rejection letters from UPENN? Is it too late for them to send invitation now? Anyone waiting for any invitations give up hope by now? Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated. People who were interviewed this year please share your insights.

if they do not choose someone to be interviewed, they do let them know by a letter in the regular mail....

Does Upenn inform if a candidate is not going to be interviewed? Through a postal mail or email? or are those mails only for the candidates selected for interviews?

As I mentioned, it is still not too late for the interviews to come... they will be interviewing till december 1 st/2 nd week.... Two of my friends received invitations last week only.... Keep your hopes up friends :xf:

Thanks for updates Trintrin........This waiting is really killing us.......Hoping for the best..........

hello, i applied UPenn 2011 and I didnt recieve any notification about the interview yet. Is that means I am not being considered? will they at least notified me if I am not getting any interview? thanks you!

I had been offered interview at penn for dec 7 two days ago...then they said that only that slot is open.....now i received a call that they could adjust me on oct 26th....so am going on 26th......
even i applied very close to deadline.....so guys .....all the best.....

I had been offered interview at penn for dec 7 two days ago...then they said that only that slot is open.....now i received a call that they could adjust me on oct 26th....so am going on 26th......

Congrates DENDOC.............Looks like they are almost done with their interviews..........i am seriously depressed..........but still keeping my finger crossed and hope to get call soon............

i got a rejection letter today am very sad dn know what these schools are lookin for seems like a never ending fight. had everything in my application which they mentioned in their rejection letter that a candidate should have

i got a rejection letter today am very sad dn know what these schools are lookin for seems like a never ending fight. had everything in my application which they mentioned in their rejection letter that a candidate should have
Same here i got rejection from Upen, and all the schools i applied now my only hope is on NYU. Iam depressed dnt no wat to do next.

congrats Dendoc ..can you share ur stats?

Same here i got rejection from Upen, and all the schools i applied now my only hope is on NYU. Iam depressed dnt no wat to do next.
sorry to hear that...can u share ur stats plz..all d best for nyu

i had not received any correspondence frm upenn after thr "application complete and under review" letter tht i got more thn a month ago. yest i sent ms. puterbaugh a mail asking bout my app status and she replied saying tht it is stil under review.. i dont get it.. people have started getting interview calls/acceptance letters/rejection letters frm Upenn but i havent got anything. wat does this mean? can anyone help me?