u of penn 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@ Niarora

Did you get a rejection before or after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

got a rejection today in the mail.....

Sorry to hear...........I am also in the same boat, waiting to hear from them..........Would you mind to share your stats??

Members don't see this ad :)
my stats are 83 part 1 2.32 GPA and 95 in TOEFL.
i really m not sure if i stand a chance anywhere.

I am trying to join that group but it seems to have some problem as it doesnt give that option and it seems as if its closed. So everyone excited to move to Philly.

rocky123, can you please tell ,when was you interview and and when you got your acceptance letter,........Thank you

rocky123, can you please tell ,when was you interview and and when you got your acceptance letter,........Thank you

Any new acceptance/rejection or new interview calls in this week? Has anyone called UPenn in recent days? thanks

I regret to inform you that we are unable to invite you to interview at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Although the Admissions Selection Committee was impressed with your credentials, an invitation to interview often depends on such factors as intellectual interest, extracurricular activities, community service, academic achievement, professional experience in your home country or exposure to the practice of dentistry in the United States.

The decision of the Admissions Selection Committee in no way reflects on you as a person or on your school. Our decision is not a denial of your potential to become a U. S. trained dentist, but more truly reflects the extreme competition and increased quality of the applicant pool this year. May we remind you that no one has yet perfected the art of human assessment and that you can prove by your own achievements in the years ahead how very shortsighted our Committee was by not selecting you to interview for our program.

The Dean and the Faculty appreciate your interest in our program. On behalf of the Committee, I wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Corky Cacas
Director of Admissions

I also got the rejection letter in same format........My stats are 86/101/3.78, 2years experience in home country & 2years volunteership here in USA.........I don't know what else I need to do.....Really frustrated..........

Hi guys,
This process is not easy, do not get discourage!!!!! Keep trying...Everybody has the same possibilities to get into the program.
I promised myself that if I got into the program I would share some information through this website, maybe it can be helpful to some of you who are still in the process of applying to different universities.
I had my interview at PENN and I got accepted a week after. Of course I got very excited!!! This is gonna be the best Xmas ever!! That program was my first choice and I think is an awesome program!!!! Can’t be more thankful.
I don’t know how many people have been already accepted but I heard the day of the interview that they are still going to offer more positions until mid December and of course not everybody accepts their offer and some positions can be opened for other applicants. They will have a waiting list.
If you haven’t here from them yet granting you an interview it means that your application was rejected. Move on and focus your energy into other programs.
In my opinion, Penn don’t base their acceptance criteria only on high scores; which is something positive, not everybody is a NERD!!! Lol Not everybody who does great in exams have great clinical skills!!! That is why they evaluate everything about the applicant!!!! The way you talk and express yourself during the interview is the most important part, they want to make sure that the person who is going to be part of the program is able to communicate clearly and effectively. Be yourself and show confidence during your interview. I even made jokes, the most important thing is to feel comfortable with yourself and that would show a better impression of yourself to the admission committee.
We heard the day of the interview that they accept people who has recently graduate from dental school in their country ( so not too much experience) or the opposite people with post grad experience and even with phds!!! =P. So that shows you that the selection depends more on how you do your interview. They look for a person who has US dental experience, that’s a plus!!! And if you have everything, try to get good recommendation letters, from excellent faculty members who can give a great reference from your work. Unfortunately connections are a must everywhere in the world!!! But you can also be a lucky person!!
I have heard many stories about so many people trying to reach their goals here and believe me that opportunity will arrive as long as you keep trying. Good luck to everybody!!! :):thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
My application is still under review.... I don't think they will call me for interview now.... :-(

Hi guys,
This process is not easy, do not get discourage!!!!! Keep trying...Everybody has the same possibilities to get into the program.
I promised myself that if I got into the program I would share some information through this website, maybe it can be helpful to some of you who are still in the process of applying to different universities.
I had my interview at PENN and I got accepted a week after. Of course I got very excited!!! This is gonna be the best Xmas ever!! That program was my first choice and I think is an awesome program!!!! Can’t be more thankful.
I don’t know how many people have been already accepted but I heard the day of the interview that they are still going to offer more positions until mid December and of course not everybody accepts their offer and some positions can be opened for other applicants. They will have a waiting list.
If your application was rejected. Move on and focus your energy into other programs.
In my opinion, Penn don’t base their acceptance criteria only on high scores; which is something positive, not everybody is a NERD!!! Lol Not everybody who does great in exams have great clinical skills!!! That is why they evaluate everything about the applicant!!!! The way you talk and express yourself during the interview is the most important part, they want to make sure that the person who is going to be part of the program is able to communicate clearly and effectively. Be yourself and show confidence during your interview. I even made jokes, the most important thing is to feel comfortable with yourself and that would show a better impression of yourself to the admission committee.
We heard the day of the interview that they accept people who has recently graduate from dental school in their country ( so not too much experience) or the opposite people with post grad experience and even with phds!!! =P. So that shows you that the selection depends more on how you do your interview. They look for a person who has US dental experience, that’s a plus!!! And if you have everything, try to get good recommendation letters, from excellent faculty members who can give a great reference from your work. Unfortunately connections are a must everywhere in the world!!! But you can also be a lucky person!!
I have heard many stories about so many people trying to reach their goals here and believe me that opportunity will arrive as long as you keep trying. Good luck to everybody!!! :):thumbup:

Hi Lima,congratulation on your acceptance to upenn,.........can you please tell which date you were interviewed.

Thank you

Hi Lima,congratulation on your acceptance to upenn,.........can you please tell which date you were interviewed.

Thank you

Thank you aspiring dentist; My interview was on Nov 9th. They are gonna have more interviews, 2 more tuesdays on December and then all the positions would be filled by Dec 20th. But remember that not everybody accepts!!! So if you had already an interview, wait don't get discourage, maybe you are next in the list and they can call you even after December!!! Good look guys!

HiLima,

Thats awesome . We will be classmates. Iam so happy to get into U penn. And rightly said UPENN looks at you overall which is best thing abt this school. I gave up all other interview offers once I heard frm Penn as its the best school and I am so happy to get accepted there. Even my interview was a very pleasant experience. I just felt strongly that Penn is school for me because they look at everything and it made me feel good that my experience was considered at PENN and they really take time read ur applications as you know applications tell a lot more than scores . I feel so secure now and dont have to think abt any other school as I got into my dream school.

Nice to meet u. Will see you soon at PENN.

Thank you aspiring dentist; My interview was on Nov 9th. They are gonna have more interviews, 2 more tuesdays on December and then all the positions would be filled by Dec 20th. But remember that not everybody accepts!!! So if you had already an interview, wait don't get discourage, maybe you are next in the list and they can call you even after December!!! Good look guys!

Thank You Lima 27

Hi rocky123, May I ask when was your interview and after how many weeks you got your acceptance? Thank you. And Yes.. Congratulations!!! Also, Congratualations to Lima 27. Good job guys. :)

m so depressed... all these days my application was under review.... but today i got the rejection mail....

I everybody I got accepted to PENN too, its great, see you in the spring.

How long does upenn take to send an acceptance letter after the interview? My interview will be on nov 30th...

Received letter informing me of alternate status. I am assuming everyone who interviewed and did not get accepted received the same? i don't think anyone got rejections after the interview...or I could be wrong

Hey wisdin..
I was interviewed on nov. 30th.. i have yet to hear anything.. when was your interview and when did you get the "alternate status" letter?

I was interviewed first week of November..I received the letter yesterday. Keep us posted if you get anything. Hopefully you will have better luck!

I also received a letter saying I have the option of being placed on the alternate list. I guess few accepted people might drop out from now on until March depending on loan, family, application to other dental schools, etc. Since there are over 30 seats this year, I would imagine that the chances of being accepted from alternate list would be good.

Has anyone heard of someone withdrawing from upenn?

Guys has anyone on the waiting list got acceptance? pls post

what are the chances for a reapplicant, for getting acceptance at upenn

Honestly, I don't know but I guess you will have a better chance. Good luck
?? did you apply this year??

Does anyone know how many acceptances have been sent? and the number joining the Pass Program?

Any movement in the alternate list of Upenn,
upenn done with admissions?still is there any chance for acceptance from alternate list?please post here ,if some one knows the information