Typos..ack!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ammallu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you'll be fine.

Hi! I sent in my AACOMAS application a while back, but yesterday I was skimming through it and I found maybe 4 typos in the work/activity descriptions. The descriptions were all pretty long and there were a lot of activities, so I'm hoping they just skim and don't notice the typos. For example, I wrote "shildren" and "assisant." I'm just kind of worried and I could have sworn I proofread it so many times before sending! :(.. Do you think this will seriously hurt me considering I have a 37R MCAT and 3.42 GPA with good EC's? Thank you so much! :)

Well, you've already made those errors, so there isn't much you can do right now. I'd recommend taking a few connected breaths and letting it go. I don't think a few typos are going to break you. Adcomm members are human beings just like you and me. Thus, I think they would understand a few errors here and there. Nobody's perfect. So relax, let bygones be bygones and focus on perfecting as much as possible the rest of your applications. From now on, have someone else look at your writing and secondary applications just to make sure that there are no spelling and/or grammatical errors present. Live and learn.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
a

Last edited:
They will invite you for an interview, to lull you into a false sense of security, and then you will be beheaded.