Typo on submitted ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scaranojj5730

Reaction score
Although I checked my ECs thousands of time, after I submitted my app I noticed in one of my descriptions I have "tp" rather than "to." Am I getting worried for no reason over this? It is driving me crazy that I didn't notice.

Members don't see this ad.

Although I checked my ECs thousands of time, after I submitted my app I noticed in one of my descriptions I have "tp" rather than "to." Am I getting worried for no reason over this? It is driving me crazy that I didn't notice.
Try not to sweat it. I have a much, much worse typo that literally transforms a word into its opposite meaning. It's best to not re-read it since you can't change anything. I too, checked my ECs multiple times lol but yeah, definitely try to forget about it. It seems that some adcoms just skim those sections and that's what I'm hoping for.

Try not to sweat it. I have a much, much worse typo that literally transforms a word into its opposite meaning. It's best to not re-read it since you can't change anything. I too, checked my ECs multiple times lol but yeah, definitely try to forget about it. It seems that some adcoms just skim those sections and that's what I'm hoping for.
I think you are right, I can't imagine them being read in depth and now know not to reread my apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are right, I can't imagine them being read in depth and now know not to reread my apps.
Definitely be familiar with your entire application since interviewers will probably pull questions from it, but yeah I'd personally try to avoid re-reading it for any other reason.

Guys... he literally misspelled a common word... based off of everything I’ve read on sdn, that’s really, really bad. @Goro @gonnif

Guys... he literally misspelled a common word... based off of everything I’ve read on sdn, that’s really, really bad. @Goro @gonnif
Never bring attention to a negative.

What's done is done, and it's time to move on.

This illustrates why it's best to have multiple eyeballs vet your writing.

Reactions: 1 user
Never bring attention to a negative.

What's done is done, and it's time to move on.

This illustrates why it's best to have multiple eyeballs vet your writing.
But how bad is this seen as? Is it fatal if they catch it?

Peeps are waaaay too neurotic.

Thanks for all of the input, it is the only typo I have for ECs and personal statement. Will most definitely have multiple people look at my secondaries.

Thanks for all of the input, it is the only typo I have for ECs and personal statement. Will most definitely have multiple people look at my secondaries.

I had two pretty obvious typos in my primary and one in a secondary.
You'll be fine.

If someone brings it up in an interview, you know they thoroughly evaluated your app word for word, no?

Jokes aside, I had two typos on my primary and both were in my EC section. I freaked out for about a day and then it was not a big deal since I couldn't do anything about it. Plus, I work as a scribe and I find typos more often than you would think floating around charts.

If you're still in panic mode like I was, this might make you feel better:

Don't worry, you've got this!

Making a typo as a doctor has the potential to harm or even kill a patient

Substituting to for tp? That’s not going to kill anyone. I’m doing HPIs all day and there are plenty of small typos like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.