TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What was your experience e-mailing Mike Schwettman? Did he respond fairly fast? I e-mailed him on Monday and haven't gotten any response. :(

Also...has anyone received any acceptances lately?
:scared:

I just called Mike when I needed information and he's pretty good at answering his phone calls.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone live in Quail Creek Apt now? I know the rent either $550, 595, 650 for
1 BR. What about gas and elec? DSL, cable? I am trying to estimate how much loan do I have to borrow? Thanks y'all.

Nice Apts
Renaissance
Winchester
Remington

Decent Apts
Dove Park
Huntington Point
Willow Glen
Quail Creek

I live in the Renaissance, pretty nice but expensive. Have friends at the others.

any body know why the website is down...... maybe theyre updating the statuses....

Members don't see this ad :)
any body know why the website is down...... maybe theyre updating the statuses....
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering why the website is down...i hope it's good news!
:confused:

website's back up. nothing new though.

the websites back up i hope they make a decision soon.... how many are still waiting and when did u interview

I'm STILL anxiously awaiting a response. Interviewed on March 7th in amarillo. They met on the 29th - so I'm assuming we'll know by this Friday or so. Gosh, I've been waiting so long - I'm almost numb to the feeling now.

I'm STILL anxiously awaiting a response. Interviewed on March 7th in amarillo. They met on the 29th - so I'm assuming we'll know by this Friday or so. Gosh, I've been waiting so long - I'm almost numb to the feeling now.
I interviewed on April 11th. And I know it has only been almost three weeks, but I wish I could find out soon! It's hard to make plans and organize what you're going to do next when you don't even know if you've been accepted.

do you think we'll find out through e-mail or mail?

i interviewed for early decision back in february so i hope i get chosen this go around

i interviewed for early decision back in february so i hope i get chosen this go around
I e-mailed Summer Balcer. I got the, "we're sending out acceptances soon for the last round." She also said that the waitlist letters will got out next week. So...knowing this, I'm assuming the acceptances will be sent out either today or tomorrow. Please post as soon as you guys here any news! That way, I would know when to exactly attack the mailman. K?

It doesn't sound that I got in from her e-mail. She mentioned the waitlist and I didn't really ask her about it in the first place. :(

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. (Please pray for me!)

I e-mailed Summer Balcer. I got the, "we're sending out acceptances soon for the last round." She also said that the waitlist letters will got out next week. So...knowing this, I'm assuming the acceptances will be sent out either today or tomorrow. Please post as soon as you guys here any news! That way, I would know when to exactly attack the mailman. K?

It doesn't sound that I got in from her e-mail. She mentioned the waitlist and I didn't really ask her about it in the first place. :(

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. (Please pray for me!)

From reading your posts, it seems to me that you are a really nice person and that you really want this. I hope you get in. I will include you in my prayers tonight! :) good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone live in Quail Creek Apt now? I know the rent either $550, 595, 650 for
1 BR. What about gas and elec? DSL, cable? I am trying to estimate how much loan do I have to borrow? Thanks y'all.

If you get cheap DSL(like me), it's 20-30 a month. If you get cable internet and tv, I think you can get a deal for a certain number of months. It's usually 50-60

Gas I hear is around 20-30(because I don't have gas).
Electricity...
For me and this other guy I know that lives at huntington pointe, our electricity is 40-60 in warm weather and 140 in the winter. But there's another guy at huntington pointe that says his electricity has never gone over 70. I guess it depends on what apartment complex you get and how well insulated it is.
It also depends on if your water heater and central heating are gas or electric.

I guess it depends on what apartment complex you get and how well insulated it is.
It also depends on if your water heater and central heating are gas or electric.

You could walk around your room in your undies or naked during the warmer months and just wear lots and lots of clothes during the colder months. That should save you a good amount of money!! But if you're going to walk around in your undies or naked, maybe you should think about getting a 1 BR or roomates that won't mind seeing your goods :p

I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE TODAY ON THE WEBSITE:D:D:D... IT WAS PROBABLY UP YESTERDAY..... THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING CHECK THE WEBSITE AND KEEP YOUR HOPES UP:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

From reading your posts, it seems to me that you are a really nice person and that you really want this. I hope you get in. I will include you in my prayers tonight! :) good luck

So will I! :luck:
Thanks so much! No updates on the website for me yet, but I'm still hoping!

Congrats mpppharm

Mike Schwettman....What a goofy looking little '****.

Bitter about something?

I would think that would be the case. Mike's actually a real cool guy who cares a lot about his students. Just ask any student at TTUHSC

Have any of you that were accepted received any updated information yet? I got my acceptance back in March, and havent gotten anything from them since then. Have they not sent out any additional information yet?

Have any of you that were accepted received any updated information yet? I got my acceptance back in March, and havent gotten anything from them since then. Have they not sent out any additional information yet?

no they havent... i called lisa bently today and she said they were trying to get through with graduation and after that the would start to work on us

does anybody have the housing packet they gave us... i need the one for amarillo

Do they usually send out acceptances all on the same day? I just haven't heard anything from them at all and I'm REALLY REALLY getting depressed. :(

no they havent... i called lisa bently today and she said they were trying to get through with graduation and after that the would start to work on us
That explains why they haven't updated the bootcamp schedule. I'm trying to figure out when to give notice and it depends on what the schedule for the first two weeks looks like. I guess I will stop checking so frequently.

Do they usually send out acceptances all on the same day? I just haven't heard anything from them at all and I'm REALLY REALLY getting depressed. :(

Don't give up hope yet! On their website it says that all final regular admissions offers will be made on May 15 so maybe they haven't finished mailing out letters yet Good luck to you, I hope you hear something soon! :luck:

Don't give up hope yet! On their website it says that all final regular admissions offers will be made on May 15 so maybe they haven't finished mailing out letters yet Good luck to you, I hope you hear something soon! :luck:
I hope you're right. Thanks! :)

Well, it looks like I didn't make it...yet. Has anyone else received an e-mail from Mike today regarding the alternate list?

Well, it looks like I didn't make it...yet. Has anyone else received an e-mail from Mike today regarding the alternate list?

I also received an e-mail from Mike today regarding the alternate list.

So I know at my interview that they said that Macs won't work with their system. I bought a Mac last November and REALLY don't want to buy another laptop if it is not absolutely necessary. Do any current students know if this really is mandatory or if there is a way around it? Help!

That explains why they haven't updated the bootcamp schedule. I'm trying to figure out when to give notice and it depends on what the schedule for the first two weeks looks like. I guess I will stop checking so frequently.
i know that bootcamp starts aug 4 and we have the whitecoat ceremony on the 10th .... hope this gives u a better idea

So I know at my interview that they said that Macs won't work with their system. I bought a Mac last November and REALLY don't want to buy another laptop if it is not absolutely necessary. Do any current students know if this really is mandatory or if there is a way around it? Help!

One of the people in our P1 class had her Dell break down and she replaced it with a Mac. I'm not sure if I'm completely right, but I think that having a Mac means that IT will not touch your laptop. If you have a Dell, you can bring it straight to IT and they will fix your problem/ replace any broken parts/ and loan you a computer. Not sure if this applies for Mac's. Again, I'm not the best person to talk about this subject, you might wanna call the IT people at Amarillo.

If you get cheap DSL(like me), it's 20-30 a month. If you get cable internet and tv, I think you can get a deal for a certain number of months. It's usually 50-60

Gas I hear is around 20-30(because I don't have gas).
Electricity...
For me and this other guy I know that lives at huntington pointe, our electricity is 40-60 in warm weather and 140 in the winter. But there's another guy at huntington pointe that says his electricity has never gone over 70. I guess it depends on what apartment complex you get and how well insulated it is.

As a resident of Huntington Pointe..just like this poster is...I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS APT COMPLEX. Insulation is horrible, your heater will basically run all day in order to maintain temperatures at around 75. I recommend Willow Glen, which is right next to Huntington Pointe. Its about the same price with covered parking included and washers/dryers(something that H.Pointe doesn't have). Its actually where I, along with many P2's, are moving into.

As a resident of Huntington Pointe..just like this poster is...I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS APT COMPLEX. Insulation is horrible, your heater will basically run all day in order to maintain temperatures at around 75. I recommend Willow Glen, which is right next to Huntington Pointe. Its about the same price with covered parking included and washers/dryers(something that H.Pointe doesn't have). Its actually where I, along with many P2's, are moving into.

I'm also moving the willow glen.

I know someone who uses a Mac. And when you look at the computers that all the IT people use... they use macs.... :confused:

hey Flipice, or any P1s

Do you guys know what chance do alternates have in getting in based on last year? Like...if you were on the top five, will you pretty much get a spot?

Also, anyone know why the website is down?

During my interview back in Feb. I heard Mike say that they took 25-30 off the alternate list last year.

During my interview back in Feb. I heard Mike say that they took 25-30 off the alternate list last year.
Thanks! That really made me my day. I'm still holding out hope!

i think i'm probably the only one still waiting on this forum...but if by chance someone else is still waiting...would you mind letting me know if you got your alternate list letter yet. they were supposed to send them out on monday so I thought I will get it today, but I didn't get any in the mail this afternoon. I think I might just call Mike S. tomorrow afternoon. What do you guys think?

I never understood why they say not to get a mac when every professor has a mac at school. None of the professors have a pc, at least back when I was on the Ama campus. They have a different person who works on their computers aside from Dexter, I believe it's Dr. King...but don't quote me on that. I would inquire a bit further if I were you. I also wanted a mac prior to starting school and was told they couldn't support it. I never got a dell anyway, bought myself a Sony.

I got the waitlist letter today. It actually had the word "congratulations" in it, implying that not everyone who hasn't been accepted gets waitlisted. I am close to Amarillo, so don't panic if you have not received it yet.

Does anyone know how I can see my rank? If I am #100 in the list, I don't want to waste my school's time and postage with transcripts (I feel guilty because I've sent so many out and they don't charge me).

i just got my alternate letter today.. good luck to all you guys!!

I have just signed a lease to Huntington Pointe apartment complex, but now after reading that post I am disappointed. I did not want to hear that! Is the only complaint the poor insulation? If so I can handle that. The reason my husband and I are going with H. Pointe is that 1. we can bring our 2 cats, 2. there was a one bedroom available, 3. it seemed like a quiet neighborhood. Currently our rent house is not the best as we live in a poor neighborhood and any place seems better than where we are now. Please reassure me and say something good about the place :(

i received my alternate letter today as well! guess we are all in the same boat.... hopefully i'm at the top of the list. lol.

yea, i got the letter yesterday. wonder how long that list will be. from reply to RNtoPharmacy, if they took 25-30 thats pretty cool. Guess we'll have to wait til the 27th to find out if we're in the top half or bottom :scared:

anyone know if knickerbocker ever got in?

ppl who are on the fence who got into another program please hook us up with ur seat :hardy:

GL to everyone

I have just signed a lease to Huntington Pointe apartment complex, but now after reading that post I am disappointed. I did not want to hear that! Is the only complaint the poor insulation? If so I can handle that. The reason my husband and I are going with H. Pointe is that 1. we can bring our 2 cats, 2. there was a one bedroom available, 3. it seemed like a quiet neighborhood. Currently our rent house is not the best as we live in a poor neighborhood and any place seems better than where we are now. Please reassure me and say something good about the place :(

Huntington Pointe isn't bad. The only reason why I'm moving out is because I'm moving in with a roommate and a bunch of friends all decided to move to willow glen. Otherwise, if I lived by myself I'd probably just stay at huntington pointe. I know 4-5 current P1s/future P2s who are living/moving in there. The management just got a whole lot better at huntington pointe too. When I first moved in the manager working was sitting behind the leasing office smoking and drinking a beer. He messed up a lot of my leasing stuff and wouldn't do some fixes that I needed.

The old manager didn't fix my sink/drains because whenever people above me use water... my sinks would start to fill up with their drainage. So one night a few months ago a bunch of water just came out of my sinks and overflowed all the way to my living room while I was gone. Thankfully the apartment people were easy to contact and they brought people over right away(and this was a 1 in the morning).

It has been the best apartment I've lived in as of yet though. :D

got my alternate letter on thursday too. mail must have been really slow. We really won't know where we are in the ranking until the 27th, which seems like a long time.

to imperialto, haven't seen any posts from knickerbocker lately. maybe he decided to just stick with A&M.

This is my last chance for pharmacy school for this year. Hopefully, we will all get spots!

I'm also waitlisted.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are being told our actual ranking (or how many people are on the waitlist), just if we are in the top or bottom half.