Tulane ACLP 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Huh? Are you talking about medical school application season or the ACLP application season? The ACLP deadline was yesterday.

awkward my bad

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made the deadline for ACLP so all is good. :)
Did you receive notification that your application was complete? I submitted mine last minute and I just wanted to know if I should be on the lookout for an email or if they only let you know once they actually cash your check or something. My email has eaten many an important message. Haha.

Did you receive notification that your application was complete? I submitted mine last minute and I just wanted to know if I should be on the lookout for an email or if they only let you know once they actually cash your check or something. My email has eaten many an important message. Haha.

I did not. In my submission email I even asked to be emailed back to confirm receipt but never got anything back. Also called a few days before the deadline to check but it looked like the entire department was closed. Today I got an email from my university saying someone had finally downloaded my electronic transcript after being sent a while back.

I checked the previous SDN threads, it looks like people 2 years ago got confirmation emails. Nothing was reported last year.

Yeah again it's just one department running the show so things can be slow at times. tbh I don't think I even got my tuition receipt until after classes started lol... jokes that was something else. My stuff was in 3/20/17 and I got my confirmation 4/26/17, receipt 5/10/17

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah again it's just one department running the show so things can be slow at times. tbh I don't think I even got my tuition receipt until after classes started lol...

Good to know! Thanks! I was just worried since I applied kinda late (actually very late haha), there wouldn't be time to resend anything if something didn't go through.

I submitted materials a little before Mar 1 when it opened up and I didn't receive a confirmation from Sharron until April 13 and then got a receipt from her on April 19. But I imagine since they will be compiling everything for review this month, things will move much quicker.

Also just as a post-application timeline, I got an e-mail from 5/31 of last year that review with the ACLP committee took place sometime during the first week of June (5-9), and they would email regarding decision status during the second week of June (12-16).

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I did get an email. :)

I did not. In my submission email I even asked to be emailed back to confirm receipt but never got anything back. Also called a few days before the deadline to check but it looked like the entire department was closed. Today I got an email from my university saying someone had finally downloaded my electronic transcript after being sent a while back.

I checked the previous SDN threads, it looks like people 2 years ago got confirmation emails. Nothing was reported last year.

I received a confirmation email two weeks after I submitted in mid-may. I'm anxious for decisions! Really hoping I get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they usually send all acceptances out at once? Haven't heard anything yet

well guess they met early this year lol

Congrats yall!

We've got a Facebook group here here which we'll be using to share stuff throughout anatomy, along with other NOLA-related things heading up to orientation.

Accepted!!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 1 user
Did the people who didn't hear back, is that a rejection?

Did the people who didn't hear back, is that a rejection?

Website says that everyone will be notified of status (acceptance, alternate, rejection). Was honestly pretty surprised to hear back today. Quite possible that they didn't get through all the applications yet.

Website says that everyone will be notified of status (acceptance, alternate, rejection). Was honestly pretty surprised to hear back today. Quite possible that they didn't get through all the applications yet.

Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your application?

I’m really confused. I called the day after I submitted my materials and was told I would receive a confirmation. Never got it. Called again and was told the secretary (I think?) was having surgery and would send emails about the file being completed or missing information on Sunday. Now it seems like people have gotten confirmation emails and acceptances but I haven’t heard anything ...

I’m really confused. I called the day after I submitted my materials and was told I would receive a confirmation. Never got it. Called again and was told the secretary (I think?) was having surgery and would send emails about the file being completed or missing information on Sunday. Now it seems like people have gotten confirmation emails and acceptances but I haven’t heard anything ...
And I sent my information on May 24th.

Congrats to everyone that was accepted! You're that much closer to being physicians! :)
Got the alternate list email today. Oh well. Guess we've all gotten pretty good at waiting at this point. Haha.

Congrats to everyone that was accepted! You're that much closer to being physicians! :)
Got the alternate list email today. Oh well. Guess we've all gotten pretty good at waiting at this point. Haha.

Damn I must have gotten straight up rejected lol I haven't heard anything yet.

for those offered an admission, have you accepted? Wondering if anyone received any email yet with the details...?

for those offered an admission, have you accepted? Wondering if anyone received any email yet with the details...?

Things look like they're running about a week ahead of schedule from last year, but I got the welcome information e-mail about five days after my acceptance.

I sent an email accepting the offer and haven’t gotten anything yet. But the letter they sent says they will send additional info after they receive the deposit, which I’m guessing will take a few days.

I don't know if this year's alternate list letter has this at the end, but on mine from last year, it said "it has been our experience in the past few years that we call at least 8-12 students from our alternate list" and "this is not a ranked alternate list"

Got an acceptance letter via email about noon today. Still have to do a lot of option weighing for this upcoming year, but honestly I will likely attend!

I, too, have not received a response. I submitted in late March/early April
Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it. I think the rest of the decisions will come out in the next 2 weeks. We have to assume that we were likely rejected to waitlisted as this is a competitive program with only 18 seats.

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it. I think the rest of the decisions will come out in the next 2 weeks. We have to assume that we were likely rejected to waitlisted as this is a competitive program with only 18 seats.

I agree. By my last count there were only 11 new ACLPers in the Facebook group. Of course not everyone who got an offer will be in the group. However, I don't know about the rest of you but I would have had no clue about this program if it weren't for SDN so I feel like the number in the Facebook group should closely match the real number of acceptances.

I agree. By my last count there were only 11 new ACLPers in the Facebook group. Of course not everyone who got an offer will be in the group. However, I don't know about the rest of you but I would have had no clue about this program if it weren't for SDN so I feel like the number in the Facebook group should closely match the real number of acceptances.
In all honesty, I have already accepted a seat in Gtown's SMP and have a lease already lined up. So if I were to get into this program (which I obviously didn't think I would) I would have some serious things to figure out.

Per Shannon (the office manager), there were 55 applications this year and she is hoping to send status emails to the rest of the applicants today or tomorrow, as soon as she hears back from the committee. I don't know how many applicants have yet to hear or how many have been accepted/waitlisted/rejected already. Fingers crossed that there's still some good news to come!

Per Shannon (the office manager), there were 55 applications this year and she is hoping to send status emails to the rest of the applicants today or tomorrow, as soon as she hears back from the committee. I don't know how many applicants have yet to hear or how many have been accepted/waitlisted/rejected already. Fingers crossed that there's still some good news to come!
Thank you I needed to know but didn’t want to call for a fourth time this month :)

I just got off a waitlist for an MD school! AKLFJDKLFJLSDKJ. Going to hold onto the Tulane ACLP offer for now as my grades really slacked my senior year. But hoping my grades will be fine and my seat goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected too. No other options for this year though. Guess I'll be studying for an MCAT retake and hustling up some more clinical hours!
Best wishes to everyone who got into Tulane ACLP and elsewhere!

Has anyone still not heard back yet? I think I submit around 20ish of may. I have heard nothing yet.

I haven't heard back yet. I submitted pretty close to the deadline though.