Tufts C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we need to send them our fall transcript? I can't find any info about that in their emails/on their website.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
me just patiently waiting for my denial since nothing happened to my portal 🥴

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In state Interview! So excited its been my dream school forever! Does anyone have any insights into the interview process? So far my interviews have followed the MMI format which this clearly isn't. Also Any insight as to the best time to schedule the interview?

Does anyone from past cycles know how many there typically are on the waitlist and how much movement there is in that list? I would think most oos would choose their in-state first if accepted.

Has anyone gotten a rejection from tufts? The wait is killing me it’s the last school I have to hear from 🫠

Has anyone gotten a rejection from tufts? The wait is killing me it’s the last school I have to hear from 🫠
I don't think so. I believe there is still another big wave of invites coming out but I'm not sure ... also hoping for it bc I'm in-state and didn't get an interview 🙃

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_5923.jpeg

Lol did anyone else get this email. Jumped the gun on them!!

Has anyone heard anything yet today? I'm wondering if the last couple days are the only wave of invites they'll sent out...

Does anyone have any information on the average base salary of a companion animal DVM graduating from Tufts..for the first year

Does anyone have any information on why Tufts is only rated number 18 by US News? I would think being "mini" ivy it would be rated higher??

Does anyone have any information on why Tufts is only rated number 18 by US News? I would think being "mini" ivy it would be rated higher??
Those ranking lists aren’t very reliable. I’ve heard others say they don’t score them by anything meaningful when it comes to getting your DVM, so imo I wouldn’t use them as a factor in choosing a school.

Those ranking lists aren’t very reliable. I’ve heard others say they don’t score them by anything meaningful when it comes to getting your DVM, so imo I wouldn’t use them as a factor in choosing a school.
100% agree. I would base vet school prestige based on NAVLE scores-- you'd be surprised some of the "higher ranking" vet schools have lower scores compared to those ranked "lower." You'd also be surprised to hear of the high tech/ well staffed facilities these newer vet schools have that are ranked dead last just because they're new. The ranking is definitely arbitrary. Tufts is a great vet school. At the end of the day getting into vet school is hard no matter where you go so ranking really isn't an accurate representation the same way it is for undergrad.

100% agree. I would base vet school prestige based on NAVLE scores-- you'd be surprised some of the "higher ranking" vet schools have lower scores compared to those ranked "lower." You'd also be surprised to hear of the high tech/ well staffed facilities these newer vet schools have that are ranked dead last just because they're new. The ranking is definitely arbitrary. Tufts is a great vet school. At the end of the day getting into vet school is hard no matter where you go so ranking really isn't an accurate representation the same way it is for undergrad.
I understand and agree....I'm just wondering what to do, "IF" I happen to be lucky enough to have a decision between two schools? and both are at the same pricing pretty much...and both have similar NAVLE scores too!

I understand and agree....I'm just wondering what to do, "IF" I happen to be lucky enough to have a decision between two schools? and both are at the same pricing pretty much...and both have similar NAVLE scores too!

I'd look at location/ cost of living! The Tufts vet school isn't in Medford like the main uni is... Grafton is sorta in the middle of nowhere (but some people like that)! I've been thinking about where I'd want to settle after I graduate and I feel like a lot of the time people settle close to where they went to school. Just something else to think about!

That’s when you start looking at either options or strengths in potential desired specialities, location, overall cost of living, culture of the college, and more “fringe “ (but important ) aspects to each school. For example big thing with me, I got accepted to LMU love the school, location and program, but a downside is they don’t have a designated learning/teaching hospital unlike some of the older more established so 4th year will be moving around, but this might be something that would be a plus for someone else, and it’s not a deal breaker for me. So stuff like that. I would say!

Reactions: 1 users
I'd look at location/ cost of living! The Tufts vet school isn't in Medford like the main uni is... Grafton is sorta in the middle of nowhere (but some people like that)! I've been thinking about where I'd want to settle after I graduate and I feel like a lot of the time people settle close to where they went to school. Just something else to think about!
Ok...I think I will worry about it if and when I have to worry about it...certainly a good problem to have! Stay tuned! :) How are you doing with this "process"?

Last edited:
That’s when you start looking at either options or strengths in potential desired specialities, location, overall cost of living, culture of the college, and more “fringe “ (but important ) aspects to each school. For example big thing with me, I got accepted to LMU love the school, location and program, but a downside is they don’t have a designated learning/teaching hospital unlike some of the older more established so 4th year will be moving around, but this might be something that would be a plus for someone else, and it’s not a deal breaker for me. So stuff like that. I would say!
Ok...I think I will worry about it if and when I have to worry about it...certainly a good problem to have! Stay tuned! :) How are you doing with this "process"?

Last edited:
Has anyone's portal updated to tell them who they are interviewing with? I've been checking daily but my portal still only is telling me my interview date/time (9AM on 1/24).

Has anyone's portal updated to tell them who they are interviewing with? I've been checking daily but my portal still only is telling me my interview date/time (9AM on 1/24).
Nothing on mine yet either. Maybe they'll update them after the 1/17 deadline in case anyone makes last minute changes to their date or time

Hey! I’m interviewing with Tufts on the 29th and I am on the interview waitlist for UPenn. Message me if you would like to practice mock interviews :)

First time saying hello on this thread!
I am an OOS interviewee, and is anyone willing to practice interviews with me? Please let me know!

I wish everyone the best of luck for their applications!

I withdrew my app to tufts after getting an interview invite so I hope someone on the waitlist gets a chance now!

Has anyone attempted the financial aid stuff? They're asking me to input my SSN but there's no actual place to input my SSN.

Has anyone attempted the financial aid stuff? They're asking me to input my SSN but there's no actual place to input my SSN.
I think there should be a link or typing box somewhere in the application portal. Apparently I did mine in September so that's why I couldn't see one for a while, but it came back yesterday when they gave the financial update.

Anyone think they’re going to be sending more interview invites soon? Or rejections 😖

I’m wondering that too, and will it be before Feb 1st? That is the financial aid deadline

I’m wondering that too, and will it be before Feb 1st? That is the financial aid deadline
I would think it would have to be before then. I hope they wouldn’t make us fill that out to potentially be rejected

I’m listening in on the interview student panel and Ford said that the interviewers are going to be random this year so not matched to your desired specialty (correct me if I’m wrong I’m making toast so I might’ve misheard)

I’m listening in on the interview student panel and Ford said that the interviewers are going to be random this year so not matched to your desired specialty (correct me if I’m wrong I’m making toast so I might’ve misheard)
Seems right - I've finally heard who is interviewing me and they are both more research/public health focused, whereas my main area of interest is ER/clinical.

Not yet but the email said a few days prior of I remember correctly.

Interview invitations were sent out Jan 10ish. And we have the financial aid letter asking for financial aid applications AFTER we are invited for an interview but BEFORE Feb 1. It is Jan 22nd, if we do not have an interview invite but also don't have a rejection, what is happening here? Should we assume rejection given the late date? What are you all thinking?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invitations were sent out Jan 10ish. And we have the financial aid letter asking for financial aid applications AFTER we are invited for an interview but BEFORE Feb 1. It is Jan 22nd, if we do not have an interview invite but also don't have a rejection, what is happening here? Should we assume rejection given the late date? What are you all thinking?
It’s kind of annoying right!! I feel like they can’t be done sending out interviews..but why haven’t they then sent out rejections? I hope we hear this week