TUCOM-NV Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pleased to say I've just been accepted. Best of luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

1 in, 5 more to go. Good luck to all the lurkers out there too

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

1 in, 10 more to go. Good luck to all the lurkers out there too

Sorta...you have to remember that the other 100+ seats can be dropped at any minute...so there are at least 10 more to go

Seems like everyone gets acceptance notices (calls or emails) between Monday and Wednesday, so this week is probably a goner. Congrats to our friends that got pulled this week!!

Everyone else, enjoy your weekend!! Funny how I have never looked forward to Monday's in my entire life :laugh:

Actually I posted a bit late (it took a few days to confirm my response) but I was contacted last Friday.

A question for those accepted. Do we have a certain amount of days to pay tuition, get background check, physical, etc - or is there a general deadline to get that stuff done regardless of acceptance date?

Members don't see this ad :)
A question for those accepted. Do we have a certain amount of days to pay tuition, get background check, physical, etc - or is there a general deadline to get that stuff done regardless of acceptance date?
Oooh DocOfTheBay, did you get accepted and not update us??? Are Congrats, and an updating of the ongoing tally in order??

Oooh DocOfTheBay, did you get accepted and not update us??? Are Congrats, and an updating of the ongoing tally in order??

I wish. Admissions told me they exhausted the high wait list past few years. People on the medium wait list move up to the high, so technically no one gets accepted from the medium list. Oscar did not lie!

There is no guarantee we'll get in.. but we should all get in. I just want to be prepared.

I wish. Admissions told me they exhausted the high wait list past few years. People on the medium wait list move up to the high, so technically no one gets accepted from the medium list. Oscar did not lie!

There is no guarantee we'll get in.. but we should all get in. I just want to be prepared.

Well that how I imagined it to work. once the high get done, the medium moves up to being high wait-listed.

Also, there should not be a general deadline..because oscar said he even called people a few weeks before school started and even had people on standby during orientation day? if that's the case no deadline, but you better be able to pay fast.

Things aren't looking so great, but if there's enough seats left who knows...let's see who gets accepted this week from the high waitlist... :scared:

I was given one day to confirm my seat and a week to pay my deposit. I am now on the same timetable as other accepted students in terms of other deadlines, but I'm sure that will be adjusted for students pulled from the wait list after any deadlines. Also for those who are trying to keep track, I was mistaken, I was actually contacted on a Thursday and I replied and confirmed my seat on Friday.

I was given one day to confirm my seat and a week to pay my deposit. I am now on the same timetable as other accepted students in terms of other deadlines, but I'm sure that will be adjusted for students pulled from the wait list after any deadlines. Also for those who are trying to keep track, I was mistaken, I was actually contacted on a Thursday and I replied and confirmed my seat on Friday.
How were you contacted? Email? Phone?

Hey everyone! I'm new to SDN and just got pulled off the wait list today! This is the first school to pull me off the wait list, so I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. Does anyone have any advice on how to best prepare for the upcoming semesters? I know that at the interviews all of the current students said not to bother studying any undergrad science textbooks, but I've been out of school for a year and wasn't sure if it'd be worth trying to catch up a bit. If anyone else has any additional advice I'd be more than happy to hear it!

Thanks!

Hey everyone! I'm new to SDN and just got pulled off the wait list today! This is the first school to pull me off the wait list, so I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. Does anyone have any advice on how to best prepare for the upcoming semesters? I know that at the interviews all of the current students said not to bother studying any undergrad science textbooks, but I've been out of school for a year and wasn't sure if it'd be worth trying to catch up a bit. If anyone else has any additional advice I'd be more than happy to hear it!

Thanks!

When did you get Interview?

Were you contacted by phone or email? by who?

So are you going to accept or decline?
Or did you make you mind up yet?

Last edited:
UPDATED since previous acceptance on 6/1- (this is my therapy, lol)

Eeesh, people we didn't even know existed on the WL are being pulled....wonder how many more are out there... SDN participation should be mandatory, lol

High Waitlisted (no particular order)
Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Akdass988- Accepted and Withdrew
Chopperman - Accepted
PlainMaple-Accepted
DO2BWife:xf:
DocOftheBay:xf:
Guydudcl371:xf:
Vandal7777:xf:

Medium Wait List
Hopeboy:xf::xf:

yep, exactly what I was thinking, mandatory.
9 seats left (hopefully) and not a lot of high WL people... (hopefully)

Good luck to all us Waitlisters; hope this week brings some happy news to all :):luck::):luck::):luck:

UPDATED since previous acceptance on 6/1- (this is my therapy, lol)

Eeesh, people we didn't even know existed on the WL are being pulled....wonder how many more are out there... SDN participation should be mandatory, lol

Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Chopperman - Accepted
PlainMaple-Accepted

Medium Wait List

High wait listed from February interview still waiting a call. Add me to the list please.

Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Chopperman - Accepted
PlainMaple-Accepted
BJMO :xf:

Medium Wait List

So what are all your plans-- for those of you that don't get accepted this cycle?
I mean what are you going to do on your off time?

I have a feeling this cycle won't be "possible."

i want to eventually get a medical license in california and it seems like ACGME certification is a big part of that. anyone know if TUN's rotations are ACGME? or AOA?

i want to eventually get a medical license in california and it seems like ACGME certification is a big part of that. anyone know if TUN's rotations are ACGME? or AOA?

Your question does not really make any sense...rotations can be done (depending on the school) with any licensed physician in the US and is not overseen by ACGME or AOA, you are thinking of residencies which are overseen by these two organizations. After completing medical school you can enter an ACGME or an AOA residency, but which residency you enter is not dependent on the school you went to (in general). There are TUN students who match into both...

So you'll want to rock the USMLE and shine at your CA away rotations.

Just got the call from Oscar that I have been accepted off the high wait list. I have 24 hours to respond. Have been accepted elsewhere. Don't know what to do!

Congratulations to you, and just flip a coin (Just kidding) close your eyes and go with your gut!

Just got the call from Oscar that I have been accepted off the high wait list. I have 24 hours to respond. Have been accepted elsewhere. Don't know what to do!

If you have a choice, I would say go to the other one and let people who only have this school as their only choice...But then again that other school might also have people who only have that school as their only choice (or they might not ><) :scared::scared::scared:

If you have a choice, I would say go to the other one and let people who only have this school as their only choice...But then again that other school might also have people who only have that school as their only choice (or they might not ><) :scared::scared::scared:

Both schools have people on the waitlist who are desperate for people to get in (in fact all do)...he should pick the school that he feel he will be the most comfortable/successful at...

Both schools have people on the waitlist who are desperate for people to get in (in fact all do)...he should pick the school that he feel he will be the most comfortable/successful at...

This^^^

i know, that's why i said "but then again that school may also have people waiting..."
but it would be nice to know a spot open up at Touro...

Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Chopperman - Accepted
PlainMaple-Accepted
BJMO -Accepted

Medium Wait List

Hey guys, I just withdrew my acceptance. Now open for one of you all. Good luck everyone, great school.