transferring from med to med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkdwhiz1188

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to transfer from a med sch elsewhere to one in the uk for 2nd yr or clinicals...

Members don't see this ad.

62 views and no replies? Does anyone know of students transferring from 1st yr med in oz to 2 nd yr in ireland?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
62 views and no replies? Does anyone know of students transferring from 1st yr med in oz to 2 nd yr in ireland?

Hmm. not sure about that. I recommend asking someone directly in the health sciences office of the school(s) you're interested in. Sometimes students enter into each year having not started in Ireland, but these usually tend to be erasmus (french) or students from asian countries. I don't know without an exchange program, whether they'd accept a transfer unless there was a very valid reason.

But out of curiousity...why? why would you choose to come from Oz to here? 1) weather - ok, so weather isn't that dire here, but sun + warmth in exchange for winds and rain? Not a good exchange!
2) cost - Australia is one of the most affordable places to live, in addition to the fact that the Aussie dollar is quite weak against the euro.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah...but u've been accepted into monash m'sia...1st yr in oz...subsequent yrs in m'sia.

...students from asian countries

besides IMU in m'sia...i can't tink of any other twinning progs wif irish med schs...

penang medical college

There was a time when I looked into going anywhere other than my old school. I wrote a few schools in the UK and none even considered transfer applications. Maybe some do take transfers, but I don't know of any that do.