TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hmmmm you just sound like me. Initially I thought that email was a scam or something. but hey! I read it four times... like two times an hour later. Response time was way faster than what I was told on interview day. good luck y'all. hope to see you everyone on this thread in the class. class of 17. cheers.
Happy to read the good news you received. I would also be ecstatic if I were in your shoes. And Yes, hope to see all of us make it! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I will be declining my acceptance here in the next few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into LECOM's program which is cheaper and only requires a 3.0 to matriculate into the med school
I thought LECOM only guarantees an interview for their medical school if you achieve a 3.0 in their post bac program.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
Is there any specific facebook page for TouroCOM Masters students?

Got my acceptance to the Harlem campus!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hello everyone. I am currently an MS student at Middletown, and I just wanted to say that if you have any questions feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to help anyone out! :)

Going for interview on Wednesday. Can anybody shed some light on the types of questions they ask?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Going for interview on Wednesday. Can anybody shed some light on the types of questions they ask?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Hi,

Know your application well to be able to speak about your experiences, research etc.
Why this program, why DO, why Touro...

Good luck,

Last edited:
Anyone know if its worth applying to this program this late in the game?

Got my acceptance a few days ago but I'll be declining since I was accepted into med school :) hope it goes to one of you out there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly I don't remember, it was almost a month ago I think so like mid January? It was a phone interview and then it took them about 3-4 weeks to get back to me
Oh okay, I was just wondering because I interviewed last week and was wondering about how long they take to get back. Congrats on the med school acceptance!

Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after submitting your application?

Hello everyone! Congrats on getting accepted into the program!!!!!
If you are looking for a place to stay while taking the summer courses at TouroCOM, I am subletting my room for the summer (Jun-Aug). Please let me know if you are interested.
The place is $700/month (mostly including everything), 6th floor walk-up. The place is on 145th st, which is 20 blocks away from school. It's 2 subway stops away from school, or you can take the bus (10 minutes).
I'll leave my mattress, pots, pans, plates and everything so you don't have to worry to purchase additional things. It's a very good deal if you are looking for a place to stay for a headstart of the program.

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if Middletown did any in-person interviews this cycle for MS program?

I was invited for a phone interview, but I don't even live that far and would love to be able to visit the campus as well. Please let me know!

This is for New York Campus in Harlem:

-Denied direct admittance to Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine but referred to their Master’s Program on Jan 21.

-Summited application on Jan 28, with letters of recommendation and transcripts. They used parts of my AACOMAS application.

-Offered an interview on Feb 4.

- Interviewed on Feb 10.

-Forgot to send official MCAT scores but did on Feb 17

-Accepted on March 4

Hi everyone,

I was referred to Touro's Master's program on January 25th. I submitted my application on either January 26th or 27th, I cannot remember which date exactly.

• I received an interview invite on January 28th.
  • Actual interview date was February 10th
  • I sent official transcripts and MCAT Scores a week after my interview
  • Received acceptance letter on March 7th at the Harlem Campus
I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help further. Good luck everyone

Congrats on getting accepted into the program everyone! :)

Has anyone who has been accepted already received emails about fin. aid or housing or anything? I sent my response form accepting the offer a week ago and haven't heard since.. I don't want to reject other programs unless I hear back from touro... Anyone else wondering the same thing?

Has anyone who has been accepted already received emails about fin. aid or housing or anything? I sent my response form accepting the offer a week ago and haven't heard since.. I don't want to reject other programs unless I hear back from touro... Anyone else wondering the same thing?
Just give a few (until next Tuesday) more days, they take time. It also happened to me. If you won't get back, just email Ms. Portnoy or Ms. Morillo. They are extremely helpful. Also, If I am not mistaken, they don't provide us with housing thingy, so just check on that beforehand. Congrats. Will see you soon.

Just give a few (until next Tuesday) more days, they take time. It also happened to me. If you won't get back, just email Ms. Portnoy or Ms. Morillo. They are extremely helpful. Also, If I am not mistaken, they don't provide us with housing thingy, so just check on that beforehand. Congrats. Will see you soon.
I was accepted at Middletown, I think Ms. Portnoy might be for the Harlem campus? But anyway, I will give it some time like you said. I'm sure they're just swamped at the moment. I appreciate your insight though, see ya!

Hi guys, currently finishing up my application for the Middletown campus!

How did you guys send your MCAT scores? I tried to send via AAMC but when it goes to selecting the institution there is the Touro college....so I must be missing something here.

EDIT: Can I screenshot and email the official printable score report page? Is this acceptable or does it have to be mailed? Unless there is some other way...

Last edited:
Hi guys, currently finishing up my application for the Middletown campus!

How did you guys send your MCAT scores? I tried to send via AAMC but when it goes to selecting the institution there is the Touro college....so I must be missing something here.

EDIT: Can I screenshot and email the official printable score report page? Is this acceptable or does it have to be mailed? Unless there is some other way...

When you get to the official score page, hit print and change the destination from whatever your printer is called to "PDF" and save it, then send it to them in an email.

Also, I know it's early, but is there a FB group for Harlem? I'm excited to start the program and also wondering where everyone is thinking about living.

Just wondering how long it took for anyone to receive their acceptance/rejection? I am on pins and needles here! It's only been two days, but I see that some people received an answer the next day! This is torture.

My application was complete on 2/17, but still haven't heard anything back from admissions. I spoke with Beth and she told me that I simply have to wait to hear back, and that there is no typical hear back time. I'm on pins and needles too, as its been a month now since I submitted. I heard from previous posts that people were hearing back anywhere from next day to 3 months. Geez....I hope I hear back soon.

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to contribute to some of the info for you guys:

I applied to Harlem MS on 2/22, and Middletown MS on 2/24.

• Interview invite for Harlem MS on 2/25.
  • Interview invite for Middletown MS on 3/3.

• Interviewed for Harlem MS on 3/7.
  • Interviewed for Middletown MS on 3/14

• Accepted to Middletown campus 3/18 (today)
  • [No response from Harlem yet!]
Whole process seemed pretty quick! Hope this helped, good luck to you all!

Hey everyone!

Oh wow that was really quick, for Middletown. Congrats. Now I'm wondering what is taking so long. Another applicant stated that they only meet once a month, to make decisions.

Did anyone else interview at Harlem, on Monday, and already get an answer?

Oh wow that was really quick, for Middletown. Congrats. Now I'm wondering what is taking so long. Another applicant stated that they only meet once a month, to make decisions.
Yea it all seemed super quick. I don't really know how the acceptance process works, but maybe I was one of the last interviews before they met to make their decisions for the month?

Yea it all seemed super quick. I don't really know how the acceptance process works, but maybe I was one of the last interviews before they met to make their decisions for the month?
Let's hope. I am trying to be patient. Not easy!

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anybody got an acceptance/rejection from Harlem this week? Still waiting to hear back.

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anybody got an acceptance/rejection from Harlem this week? Still waiting to hear back.
Nothing as of yet. Interviewed a little over 2 weeks ago.

Hi!

My wife was recently accepted to this program and I am currently an OMS3 setting up away rotations in the city. We have been looking at apartments and while between the two of us we could afford them, we are completely unable to qualify for them. NYC apartments all want 40x income from renters or 80x income from cosigner. We are on student loans and my parents do not make near enough to cover 80x. How do people get around this mess? Are things different in Long Island? Looked into intuit but still cant qualify.

Thanks.

quick question for everyone.
I am confused as to the class progression of this program. My understanding is that, at Middletown, you take most of the same classes as the DO students. Assuming you maintain the 3.5 GPA required for admittance to their DO program, do you wind up taking the same classes over again, are they different classes, or are you able to take a lesser class load?

quick question for everyone.
I am confused as to the class progression of this program. My understanding is that, at Middletown, you take most of the same classes as the DO students. Assuming you maintain the 3.5 GPA required for admittance to their DO program, do you wind up taking the same classes over again, are they different classes, or are you able to take a lesser class load?

I am not an MS student but I do know theyre the same exact classes. The workload may be less once you're in if you studied right the first time and really learned the material. When you study again it should feel more of a refresher than taking the time to learn it over again.

Hi everyone. I am trying to send an application to Middletown, as well. Can someone tell me if you have to do the process all over again, to send to the other campus? I can access my application, but not sure how to send it again. I have already applied to Harlem. Is the supporting material to be sent again, as well? Thanks so much!

Has anyone been invited to interview, and then rejected or placed on the waitlist?

Hey everyone!

Accepted to Harlem as well today! Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone. I am trying to send an application to Middletown, as well. Can someone tell me if you have to do the process all over again, to send to the other campus? I can access my application, but not sure how to send it again. I have already applied to Harlem. Is the supporting material to be sent again, as well? Thanks so much!

you definitely have to do the whole process all over again. You actually have to create a whole new account and new application and choose middletown. When it warns you that you already have an account, you have to just continue and make a new application. Then send all new transcripts and letters to middletown.

Accepted to Harlem today! So excited. Good luck to everyone.

Thank you! Same to you! Which are you planning on going to, xx3344? Thanks for the info on the app, by the way.

Thank you! Same to you! Which are you planning on going to, xx3344? Thanks for the info on the app, by the way.
No problem! And I think would have to go with Middletown. I had a much better overall experience at Middletown. It seemed to be more of a community and close-knit atmosphere, and felt the staff overall was a lot more caring and interested in me. I am actually genuinely surprised I was accepted at Harlem, I feel the interview and tour was very rushed, and no one really cared about the applicants. Feel free to disagree haha, but that's just how I personally felt.