TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you complete and when did you get the invite?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever gotten rejected post interview?

Hi all,

Is there anyone who is currently in MS program or have been before, who can tell us about research opportunities at TouroCOM?

I recieved an II today! Complete 12/2 Recieved II 12/7 Stay positive!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'll be interviewing next month. Any tips guys? Should I prepare to know presentations I've done and research projects I've worked on? Cheers.

any idea about how strict they are with having two science LORs? I am actually a sociology major so i have good relationships with them and several doctors. I don't really have a solid relationship with any science professors nor have i done outstanding in any of my science classes. Is submitting 2 non-science LORs and 2 doctor letters (1 MD, 1 DO) sufficient

Members don't see this ad :)
any idea about how strict they are with having two science LORs? I am actually a sociology major so i have good relationships with them and several doctors. I don't really have a solid relationship with any science professors nor have i done outstanding in any of my science classes. Is submitting 2 non-science LORs and 2 doctor letters (1 MD, 1 DO) sufficient

Call or email Mrs. Beth Portnoy. She's very helpful!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

Is there anyone who is currently in MS program or have been before, who can tell us about research opportunities at TouroCOM?

PM me any question you might have!
I completed the MS program and am now an OMS-II at TouroCOM

If I take MCAT April 1st, I can't apply for this program right?
PM me any question you might have!
I completed the MS program and am now an OMS-II at TouroCOM
If I take MCAT April 1st, I can't apply for this program right?

call the admissions dept and ask them. it is cutting it close, but you might be able to submit the rest of your application and just submit the scores when you get them. Def call and ask, i wouldnt be surprised if they are flexible about this kind of thing.

call the admissions dept and ask them. it is cutting it close, but you might be able to submit the rest of your application and just submit the scores when you get them. Def call and ask, i wouldnt be surprised if they are flexible about this kind of thing.
Got an email or person to contact?

I got an acceptance letter earlier today! I'll be looking forward to meeting some of you guys in 6 months!

Anyone get a Interview Invite this week? Been complete since early November and haven't heard a peep:(

Won't get MCAT until April 1st. Applied to LECOM's Post-Bacc but would love to apply to another one or two. Love NY but this app needs to be in before I get my scores...?

hi everyone! I'll be starting the MS program in middletown in July (june for the summer course). I applied to last years cycle and deferred my acceptance until this year. Can't wait to meet everyone and good luck!

hi everyone! I'll be starting the MS program in middletown in July (june for the summer course). I applied to last years cycle and deferred my acceptance until this year. Can't wait to meet everyone and good luck!
Hi, Congrats!
did you get any email containing enrolment information/tution or the next step after your acceptance?

No I didn't get an email. I did visit for a day in November and I was a given a folder with some general info in it about the school.

Hello everyone, congrats on getting accepted into the MS program next year.
If you are thinking to take summer courses in order to get a head start in the FALL and need a place to stay over the summer, I am going to sublease my room for June and July. Please contact me if you are interested. Also, if you are interviewing for the program and need a place to stay, I have an extra room to rent out as well.
I am currently in the MS program, so if you have any questions, don't be hesitate to ask.

Hello everyone, congrats on getting accepted into the MS program next year.
If you are thinking to take summer courses in order to get a head start in the FALL and need a place to stay over the summer, I am going to sublease my room for June and July. Please contact me if you are interested. Also, if you are interviewing for the program and need a place to stay, I have an extra room to rent out as well.
I am currently in the MS program, so if you have any questions, don't be hesitate to ask.

hello...did you take the summer anatomy course and if so, did you feel it helped?

Hello...
We take the same exams and classes as the DO students except OMM and PD. It is true that it is hard to get at least a 3.5 GPA because the grades are distributed based on the class average. For example: if the class average is an 80 with a standard deviation of 10, then you need a 90 to make an A. In most cases, the average and stdv are higher than that. My suggestion is to try your best in the 1st semester to concrete your seat since 2nd semester is much harder. However, at this school, they do grades + and - so it also helps with the GPA.
I didn't take the summer anatomy course but I also did fine. I have a few friends who took the course in the summer and they said that it was helpful. If you are around the area, I would probably take the course.

for DO admission, you have to get a 3.5 GPA and pass the comprehensive exam. The comprehensive exam is the least thing that you should worry about. The school might curve against your grade on the 2nd semester in order to have only 30-35 people having a <3.5GPA.

Retaking the mcat would be more practical than competing for a spot through this program

Just received an interview for the Middletown campus today! Mine's by phone so it'll be interesting. Does anyone who has already been interviewed for the program have any tips?

Last edited:
Retaking the mcat would be more practical than competing for a spot through this program
Well if mcat is your only problem, then go for it. Some other people might not have enough GPA, clinical experiences, or any other reason.. That's why they decide to do the program. But at the end of the day, if you weren't selected for the program at TouroCOM, I'm pretty sure that you would have a higher chance getting accepted somewhere else with that degree. :)

Hello SDN friends!
I want to first congratulate those who got accepted into Touro-COM's MS program for the 2016/2017 year. This is a worthwhile way of embarking on your journey in becoming a physician. For those of you who have not heard word yet from admissions, be patient and I hope you only hear good news! I currently am a student at Touro-COM Harlem campus. The MS program will definitely challenge you and ultimately test your ability in handling the rigors of med school. You will be immersed in a competitive environment, but the key to doing well in the program is not difficult to figure out. Gaining admission into the DO program will take hard work, but it very much is achievable provided you stay dedicated and committed to the program. What is nice about the program is that if you are willing to meet halfway, there are others willing to do the same to help you stay on track (i.e. mentors, advisors, tutors and staff).

If any of you have questions about the program, courses or even housing for the upcoming year in harlem please feel free to PM me. I actually know of a good spot for housing very close to the Harlem campus. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello SDN friends!
I want to first congratulate those who got accepted into Touro-COM's MS program for the 2016/2017 year. This is a worthwhile way of embarking on your journey in becoming a physician. For those of you who have not heard word yet from admissions, be patient and I hope you only hear good news! I currently am a student at Touro-COM Harlem campus. The MS program will definitely challenge you and ultimately test your ability in handling the rigors of med school. You will be immersed in a competitive environment, but the key to doing well in the program is not difficult to figure out. Gaining admission into the DO program will take hard work, but it very much is achievable provided you stay dedicated and committed to the program. What is nice about the program is that if you are willing to meet halfway, there are others willing to do the same to help you stay on track (i.e. mentors, advisors, tutors and staff).

If any of you have questions about the program, courses or even housing for the upcoming year in harlem please feel free to PM me. I actually know of a good spot for housing very close to the Harlem campus. Good luck guys!
Baraa!!!!!! Lol

Hello everyone,
Currently applying to this program. Is there an essay or personal statement for the application?

Anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist?

Interviewed on Feb1, waitlisted Feb2. Anyone know the response time for acc/rej? Cheers.

I thought the interview went well too. Interviewed with Drs. Bahri and Henshaw. Any responses? Cheers.

I thought the interview went well too. Interviewed with Drs. Bahri and Henshaw. Any responses? Cheers.

I felt the same. I also did a face to face and traveled from out of state for the interview.

I felt the same. I also did a face to face and traveled from out of state for the interview.

Wow. I hope we receive good news soon. After Ms. Morillo gave the tour I asked what was the response time and she said around the end of Feb. Dr. Bahri said around two weeks (for the the acc/rej/waitlist). I'm just surprised at the response time.

Wow. I hope we receive good news soon. After Ms. Morillo gave the tour I asked what was the response time and she said around the end of Feb. Dr. Bahri said around two weeks (for the the acc/rej/waitlist). I'm just surprised at the response time.

hmmmm you just sound like me. Initially I thought that email was a scam or something. but hey! I read it four times... like two times an hour later. Response time was way faster than what I was told on interview day. good luck y'all. hope to see you everyone on this thread in the class. class of 17. cheers.