Touro NY vs. MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I paid the 3000 deposit for Touro NY Harlem about a week ago and today I just got an Interview Invitation for MSUCOM. Can someone list the pros and cons for both, please?

EDIT: I've been so bad at managing my finances with deposits and I'm just trying to avoid that if MSUCOM is not a good school compared to Touro

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What do you like more, Mackinac Island fudge or NY pizza and deli food?

Seriously, MSU > Touro NY, unless the former's tuition is obscene
I thought the tuition was kind of the same for both for OOS. On MSUCOM's website, it says it's about 65k per year and for Touro NY it's 63k (tuition only not including rooms, insurance, personal, etc..). Is that right or am I looking at the wrong numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the tuition was kind of the same for both for OOS. On MSUCOM's website, it says it's about 65k per year and for Touro NY it's 63k (tuition only not including rooms, insurance, personal, etc..). Is that right or am I looking at the wrong numbers?
MSU's tuition used to be horrible (89k) until last year. Then they lowered it to make it more accessible to OOS people.

Reactions: 1 users
This isn't close. MSUCOM all day.

Reactions: 1 user
@DNC127 @spidermedic Could you explain why aside from rent and tuition prices? Thank you for helping us out!
MSUCOM is the second-best DO school in the country (TCOM is the best because it's funded by the state and it's tuition is ~$15k for TX residents). Anyways, MSUCOM has its own GME and many partners (very respected in the area). Being an average student there will get you farther than being average at any other DO school

Reactions: 1 users
MSU's tuition used to be horrible (89k) until last year. Then they lowered it to make it more accessible to OOS people.
how much did they lower it? I think it's still about 80k for the first year and ~116k for the third(tuition only). I did not include the summer sessions in my previous comment. yeah rent is cheaper than NY but the total COA is gonna be about the same cus of MSUCOM's high tuition

Last edited:
how much did they lower it? I think it's still about 80k for the first year and ~116k for the third(tuition only). I did not include the summer sessions in my previous comment. yeah rent is cheaper than NY but the total COA is gonna be about the same cus of MSUCOM's high tuition
Per this document (Link), three semesters worth of tuition will be 65,325. You are probably looking at a pre-2020 document which indeed is absurdly high.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user