Touro-CA vs. LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jisu23

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I didn't expect to get an acceptance, let alone more than one school to choose from this application cycle, and I am certainly thankful for this opportunity! However, the difficult question of where to be for the next 2-4 years now lies before me.

Anyone have any insight on LECOM-Erie LDP and/or Touro-CA? Anything you've heard from students you know who attend these schools would be appreciated (how well prepared they were for the boards, USMLE, clinical years experiences, )...or if you've been to an interview for both, why you chose one of them over the other.

I've lived in Southern California all my life and would prefer the weather here in California, but insight on other aspects of medical school life in the respective schools may compensate for that.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
thanks upandaway! funny how similar our situations are :p

that thread helped quite a bit and for now, i'm leaning more towards tucom-ca, but i have until monday to decide :)

i was especially interested in the clinical years as i saw the same types of comments that you saw, upandaway, namely negative for touro's and positive for lecom's.

TouroCA class of 2012 is currently receiving our assignments for rotations in the upcoming year. Because our school is still relatively new, rotations are not as established as they are at the older schools. Also, we're in MD territory, and UCSF, UC Davis, and Stanford all have medical students who also need rotations spots in the Bay Area. We have had a high turnover of clinical educations department employees in the past, which has not helped us. However, this year, the new leadership is incredible. As far as I have heard from my classmates, people are excited about their schedules. It seems like every one of them will yeild a great rotation experience. The sites are: Traveling bay area (various places mostly within 20-60 min of TouroCA), Northbay site (Fairfield and Vacaville), Salinas, Santa Rosa, Turlock, Eureka, UCSF Fresno, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Kern, and we have some sites in Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. The bitterness about rotations that I saw in the class of 2010 has not really translated over to the class of 2011- from what I have seen, they are enjoying 3rd year and learning tons. That said, it is wise to look at the clinical ed departments when you choose a school. You can get a great education at any one of these schools- but it is the rotation experience that really sets you up for residency.