Touro-CA MSMHS-COM 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carrot1868

Reaction score
It seems like no one has started a thread for this school year, so I decided to create one. I recently submitted my application on Jan. 27 and haven't heard back yet. Has anyone got results yet? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like no one has started a thread for this school year, so I decided to create one. I recently submitted my application on Jan. 27 and haven't heard back yet. Has anyone got results yet? Thanks!
Just got accepted on Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
I recently got accepted as well :) Do you guys plan to move near campus? I am struggling to find apartments in the area as I heard some parts of Vallejo is a bit dangerous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently got accepted as well :) Do you guys plan to move near campus? I am struggling to find apartments in the area as I heard some parts of Vallejo is a bit dangerous.
Hmm I am still deciding on this program. Still on the fence since I am waiting to hear back from some other programs.

TUCOM-MSMHS 2022-2023 Facebook page is now active. Please send a screenshot of your acceptance letter to [email protected] to be admitted. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Current MSMHS student — If you need any information on the program, convincing, advice to success, etc., feel free to PM me.

Current MSMHS Student too - let me know if you need any info on program, housing, financial aid, tips and advice and on making your decision to commit to the program :) feel free to message me! Good luck to all of you!

hi :) I applied to this program.
What were some of your pros and cons about this program?

Hi everyone! Recently accepted to this program. Applied 3/10 accepted 4/4.

Current MSMHS Student too - let me know if you need any info on program, housing, financial aid, tips and advice and on making your decision to commit to the program :) feel free to message me! Good luck to all of you!
Any linkage to the med school?

Any linkage to the med school?
Yes! The program is 100% a linkage program to TUCOM, the medical school. Certain parameters have to be met - including having a 490+ MCAT, maintaining a 3.0+ / 80+ GPA throughout the program - and you will have a guaranteed interview. The "80+" parameters come from the fact that Touro uses a number grading scale, rather than a letter grading scale, so for example 80 or 89 are weighted the same as "3.0", and 90 - 99 are weighted the same as "4.0" quality points. Hope this info helps!

Yes! The program is 100% a linkage program to TUCOM, the medical school. Certain parameters have to be met - including having a 490+ MCAT, maintaining a 3.0+ / 80+ GPA throughout the program - and you will have a guaranteed interview. The "80+" parameters come from the fact that Touro uses a number grading scale, rather than a letter grading scale, so for example 80 or 89 are weighted the same as "3.0", and 90 - 99 are weighted the same as "4.0" quality points. Hope this info helps!
Thanks! If you meet both of those requirements is it a guaranteed acceptance or just interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! If you meet both of those requirements is it a guaranteed acceptance or just interview?
It's a guaranteed interview, they don't offer guaranteed acceptance - but from info from past years, it's been a statistical trend/likelihood that if you do well academically throughout the year, and are involved, and do well in your interview, you will most likely be accepted! :)

Is admissions to the master's program competitive?
I think so but don't quote me on that. Just try the best you can and apply. I was on the waiting list when I got accepted. Soooo I wouldn't worry about that just do the best that you can, don't worry about other people it will stress you out.

Hi y'all!
Did you guys have to send like a letter of intent for this program?

I applied exactly 4 weeks ago and haven't heard back with a decision.
All I can is that the admissions team for this program is really good, cause they keep encouraging me to check back in (and they don't seem annoyed).

How long did it take for y'all to hear a decision?

I just submitted my app last week and today got the email that its under review.

I heard back in like ~3 weeks back in March. I did pay the deposit but I will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance because I got into another program. Hopefully it goes to one of you if the class isn't full yet. :)

I heard back in like ~3 weeks back in March. I did pay the deposit but I will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance because I got into another program. Hopefully it goes to one of you if the class isn't full yet. :)
mind sharing what the other program is?

Hi y'all!
Did you guys have to send like a letter of intent for this program?

I applied exactly 4 weeks ago and haven't heard back with a decision.
All I can is that the admissions team for this program is really good, cause they keep encouraging me to check back in (and they don't seem annoyed).

How long did it take for y'all to hear a decision?
It took a little over a month for me to hear back. I did not send a letter of intent and got accepted, but declined my offer.

Hang in there!

Does anyone know how many seats are still available? I applied 3 weeks ago but I was curious to know how many seats there are.

The current Master’s just finished finals and interviews this last month, so hopefully you guys start hearing back soon!

• Love
Thank you for informing us! Good vibrations to everyone on this thread~~~

Hi everyone ☺️ just wanted to update you all.
I got a notice that I was waitlisted today.

What are the chances to get off the wait-list?

I really want to be in this program :(

Hi everyone ☺️ just wanted to update you all.
I got a notice that I was waitlisted today.

What are the chances to get off the wait-list?

I really want to be in this program
Don't worry! I think many students who apply to master's programs apply to multiple programs so I'm confident that if (I'm sure there will be), students decide to not attend the program, then they will reach out. According to old forums for MSMHS, waitlisted students are informed in July

got the acceptance email and phone call right after! Not sure if I will attend tbh

Congrats!!! If you don't mind, why are you unsure about attending?
I'm considering not attending and just applying to medical school this cycle. I feel like my app is solid besides MCAT. But at the same time, I don't wanna apply this cycle and not get in and regretted not doing the Touro program.

Current MSMHS student — If you need any information on the program, convincing, advice to success, etc., feel free to PM me.
Hi! I was accepted in Jan, cant wait to get started! Do we have an official academic calendar yet? What are the start/end dates of each semester?

Hi! I was accepted in Jan, cant wait to get started! Do we have an official academic calendar yet? What are the start/end dates of each semester?
The program directors should have the schedule by or on orientation as they have to coordinate with the COM schedule since lecturers are shared with the MS. Typically first week of August to first week of June, however, depending on Jewish holidays, end date could be mid-May.

Congratulations! I was accepted last week which was really encouraging news. I'm so excited we get to do the program together if you decide to commit!
I saw that they put up the dates for orientation as the last weekend of July but other than that I haven't seen a detailed academic calendar.

The program directors should have the schedule by or on orientation as they have to coordinate with the COM schedule since lecturers are shared with the MS. Typically first week of August to first week of June, however, depending on Jewish holidays, end date could be mid-May.
Got it, thanks for the info! Any idea what happens between May-August 2023? I found a calendar on the registrars website, which lists 5/19 as the last day of finals, and 6/23 as a graduation date. Do we have academic activities between these dates?

Congratulations! I was accepted last week which was really encouraging news. I'm so excited we get to do the program together if you decide to commit!
I saw that they put up the dates for orientation as the last weekend of July but other than that I haven't seen a detailed academic calendar.
Have committed and just sorted out housing this week! Hope to meet you in person in a few months!

Have committed and just sorted out housing this week! Hope to meet you in person in a few months!
wait yeah im on the same boat -- i went onto marketplace and saw some rooms available and am currently looking at a place like 20 minutes away from campus. its not super ideal but the rent is super cheap. if anyones still looking for a place i can get them in touch with the couple who owns the house. are you rooming with other students from the program? did you find housing from marketplace?

Got it, thanks for the info! Any idea what happens between May-August 2023? I found a calendar on the registrars website, which lists 5/19 as the last day of finals, and 6/23 as a graduation date. Do we have academic activities between these dates?
those weeks are typically dedicated for research!

Does anyone know of affordable family friendly suburbs? CA housing is so expensive plus I was surprised to see how little living expenses Touro gives out.

I filled out fafsa. Does anyone know next steps? I'm guessing Touro doesn't give out scholarships or anything?

I filled out fafsa. Does anyone know next steps? I'm guessing Touro doesn't give out scholarships or anything?
FAFSA will notify you once Touro received your information. Follow up with Touro Financial Aid Office during the virtual office hours to confirm if there is any hold. I received my award offer from Touro within the same week they received my info from FAFSA.

FAFSA will notify you once Touro received your information. Follow up with Touro Financial Aid Office during the virtual office hours to confirm if there is any hold. I received my award offer from Touro within the same week they received my info from FAFSA.
so they do give scholarships? is the rest all federal loans?

also I know they don't have housing, so do i just have to look by myself through websites?

so they do give scholarships? is the rest all federal loans?

also I know they don't have housing, so do i just have to look by myself through websites?
No, they offer no scholarship. You'll also have to find housing yourself.

hi :) Can anyone confirm if they provide us with time or materials to help us prepare for the MCAT?
Asking for a retake.

hi :) Can anyone confirm if they provide us with time or materials to help us prepare for the MCAT?
Asking for a retake.
Hey! They don’t unfortunately. In their last information session they stated that its best to actually have your MCAT requirement fulfilled prior to the start date and that very few students actually take the MCAT while in the program