Touro-CA MSMHS-COM 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats Everyone!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It was stated by Steven Davis at the last info session. It's also listed on our TUC orientation portal
For some reason I can’t seem to find it. I hate to be a bother but do you mind telling where exactly on the orientation page? I clicked on the link in our admissions packet and I’m under DSA orientation

For some reason I can’t seem to find it. I hate to be a bother but do you mind telling where exactly on the orientation page? I clicked on the link in our admissions packet and I’m under DSA orientation

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to sign into campusgroups yet?

Do you guys know how many people toughly apply to this program every year

Is anyone here searching for a roommate(girl) and would like to connect? :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been able to sign into campusgroups yet?
Is campusgroups the same as TUConnect? If so, yes I can sign in now. There' a checklist of about 45 items we need to complete for the new student orientation. From what I can tell, they aren't too difficult or complicated (ie submit FASFA, verify access to student email, add TouroOne App to your phone, put orientation dates on your calendar, etc ). I just started on them this week.

Is campusgroups the same as TUConnect? If so, yes I can sign in now. There' a checklist of about 45 items we need to complete for the new student orientation. From what I can tell, they aren't too difficult or complicated (ie submit FASFA, verify access to student email, add TouroOne App to your phone, put orientation dates on your calendar, etc ). I just started on them this week.
Did you get that checklist in email ? I think it’s separate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like myelinsh3ath said, I have access to the checklist when I sign in through TUC Connect. You check off items as you complete them. I did not get a separate email.

*edit: I did however get an email with a sign in code to Campus Groups on 4/30.

Last edited:
Like myelinsh3ath said, I have access to the checklist when I sign in through TUC Connect. You check off items as you complete them. I did not get a separate email.

*edit: I did however get an email with a sign in code to Campus Groups on 4/30.
Did it take a while after you got your acceptance for you to get that code? Right now TUC Connect says it doesn't recognize my email address to send me a login. I am wondering if that is an error or if they just haven't given me access yet.

Did it take a while after you got your acceptance for you to get that code? Right now TUC Connect says it doesn't recognize my email address to send me a login. I am wondering if that is an error or if they just haven't given me access yet.
Did you activate your TouroOne Portal? I think it takes about 2 days after activating your portal. If the problem persists, I would go ahead and give the Technology Assistance number a call listed on the TouroOne portal

Did you activate your TouroOne Portal? I think it takes about 2 days after activating your portal. If the problem persists, I would go ahead and give the Technology Assistance number a call listed on the TouroOne portal
Yeah, I can log in to TouroOne and access everything on my portal except that page so I will ask them. Thanks!

I felt like it did take a while. The code came from the CampusGroups listserve. I was accepted in Feb and just got the code late April. Then again, they may have not been giving out the code back then. Also, once you get the code/access make sure you select/click the Touro Login. It should lead you to the Touro One login.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I sent in my app in late March and got verified shortly after. I still havent received a response. Should I send a follow up email or should I just wait? The initial email did say it may take up to 30 days for a decision.

Hey everyone, I sent in my app in late March and got verified shortly after. I still havent received a response. Should I send a follow up email or should I just wait? The initial email did say it may take up to 30 days for a decision.
You could wait if you want. I heard some people received acceptances late june/early july

Reactions: 1 users
What do y'all think can cause a delay in the admissions decision? Should I follow up if I have a missing LOR, though I've met the minimum 2 LOR requirement? I don't think I'm missing anything else in my application. It's been almost over a month :O

For any who's reached out to the Admissions Office regarding their app status, did they provide you with an update or did they instruct you to wait for further notifications later on and that your app was still in review?

For any who's reached out to the Admissions Office regarding their app status, did they provide you with an update or did they instruct you to wait for further notifications later on and that your app was still in review?
Typically this time becomes slower because of finals and waitlist stuff with admissions for DO.

Reactions: 5 users
What do y'all think can cause a delay in the admissions decision? Should I follow up if I have a missing LOR, though I've met the minimum 2 LOR requirement? I don't think I'm missing anything else in my application. It's been almost over a month :O
Generally an admissions committee involves faculty, students and other staff. The faculty that teaches MSMHS also teach COM. So around this time they would be incredibly busy with wrapping up the school year for everyone, hence delay in admissions. You could contact Naisha Bible if you think you're missing something but they would contact you for sure if you are missing something. Admissions is on a rolling basis so people could be admitted even a few days before orientation. You can check out the youtube video for the last info session. There is a link to the video in the info session link mentioned in a previous message. They do talk about a lot of useful information.

Reactions: 2 users
Generally an admissions committee involves faculty, students and other staff. The faculty that teaches MSMHS also teach COM. So around this time they would be incredibly busy with wrapping up the school year for everyone, hence delay in admissions. You could contact Naisha Bible if you think you're missing something but they would contact you for sure if you are missing something. Admissions is on a rolling basis so people could be admitted even a few days before orientation. You can check out the youtube video for the last info session. There is a link to the video in the info session link mentioned in a previous message. They do talk about a lot of useful information.
Thanks for the info! Yeah Im waiting on when the May Info Session will be, maybe next week or the week after? The website for the Info Session still says TBD

Is the May Info Session going to be on Tuesday or Wednesday? They said May 12, but I know the Info Sessions are usually Tuesdays, does anyone know more about this?

Is the May Info Session going to be on Tuesday or Wednesday? They said May 12, but I know the Info Sessions are usually Tuesdays, does anyone know more about this?
That’s a good questions. Like you said, the email says Tuesday May 12th but the 12th is a Wednesday. We did have 1 info session on a Wednesday but the other 2 were Tuesdays. I just sent a email asking for clarification but does anyone happen to know? I’ll make a post on here if I get a response.

That’s a good questions. Like you said, the email says Tuesday May 12th but the 12th is a Wednesday. We did have 1 info session on a Wednesday but the other 2 were Tuesdays. I just sent a email asking for clarification but does anyone happen to know? I’ll make a post on here if I get a response.
Wednesday

Does anyone know what the topic's going to be for this month's Info Session? 😮 Last I checked the website it wasnt updated and says TBD

Does anyone know what the topic's going to be for this month's Info Session? 😮 Last I checked the website it wasnt updated and says TBD
“During this session, several faculty members will discuss the topics they teach and will answer questions you may have.”

Can anyone share anything important we may have missed from the info session.
Did they talk about in person or virtual fall semester?

Can anyone share anything important we may have missed from the info session.
Did they talk about in person or virtual fall semester?
Fall will be remote/virtual. The spring semester will be in-person/hybrid. Although this is not confirmed till next month but this is what they mentioned what the plan will likely be for the year.

Fall will be remote/virtual. The spring semester will be in-person/hybrid. Although this is not confirmed till next month but this is what they mentioned what the plan will likely be for the year.
Just curious, does this mean there would be no need to live near campus correct?

not until spring?

Who has applied a few months ago and still haven't heard back? 😮 I haven't heard back yet still 🤔

is the deadline july 27th or is that for last year? the schools website says the 27th but the application says June 1st.

is the deadline july 27th or is that for last year? the schools website says the 27th but the application says June 1st.
Naisha Bible said it was June 1st at the info session last week.

Who hasn't heard back yet regarding their application status? 😯
Idk if I should send in an email, I dont want them to view me as annoying

Who hasn't heard back yet regarding their application status? 😯
Idk if I should send in an email, I dont want them to view me as annoying
They won't view you as annoying, they will give you the same response that they give everyone which is that they will notify you once they have a decision. They are used to getting a lot of emails!

Applied 05/02... Accepted 05/19! Very excited and can't wait to go!

Did anyone who was accepted reply to the class email thread or get accepted to the facebook group?

Applied 05/02... Accepted 05/19! Very excited and can't wait to go!

Did anyone who was accepted reply to the class email thread or get accepted to the facebook group?
Congrats!

As far as I know, no one has replied to the class thread. But I have been accepted to the Facebook group. There’s just over 20 people in the group so far. It took a few days before I was added to the group.

Verified 5/03, accepted 05/14. See y'all in fall (virtually)!