TOURO CA MSMHS-COM 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those in the WL, has anybody heard back? Also, does anyone know when the WL starts rolling?
I was WL on 5/31, submitted a personal letter of intent 6/21, and I still haven't heard back from them. I sent an email on 7/10 and have not heard back since I was WL :( They did say they are ranking applicants on WL and going from there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those in the WL, has anybody heard back? Also, does anyone know when the WL starts rolling?
Currently on the waitlist too, I was waitlisted 6/9 and submitted a LOI 6/12. Hoping we all hear back soon! the wait is killing me 😭

Hopefully something come out soon. But this is making me so anxious :( Good luck to all of us!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted to the program on 7/12. Planning on relocating to Vallejo to attend the program in person. Is anyone else looking for housing?

I was just accepted to the program on 7/12. Planning on relocating to Vallejo to attend the program in person. Is anyone else looking for housing?
Congrats!! I was also accepted into the program today as well. I plan on doing this first semester remotely and the second semester in person.

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back! Is anyone else needing a roommate or looking for housing? I was looking for an MSMSH 2023-2024 Facebook page but couldn’t find it.

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back! Is anyone else needing a roommate or looking for housing? I was looking for an MSMSH 2023-2024 Facebook page but couldn’t find it.

Same. I was trying to look for a housing link of some sort. What cities were you looking for housing?

Congrats! I just got accepted also. Planning on doing remote first semester and in person second as well. Are you guys doing the orientation online or in person?

Congrats! I just got accepted also. Planning on doing remote first semester and in person second as well. Are you guys doing the orientation online or in person?

Congrats!! It’s good to finally hear back from them.

Did I read correctly that the orientation is 4 days long??

Congrats on getting accepted!! Just wondering, when were you waitlisted and when did you heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on getting accepted!! Just wondering, when were you waitlisted and when did you heard back?
Thank you! I submitted my app 6/2, WL 6/22, submitted my LOI and updated my app 7/2. Heard back 7/14 :)

Does anyone know how full the class is right now or when the latest they'll possibly let all the waitlisted applicants know by?
Also are there a lot of people that get taken off the waitlist?

Trying my best to keep positive and stay patient but I'm literally so anxious because I haven't heard back yet, Touro is my top choice :(

Sending good luck & positive vibes to all of us on the WL!!

Does anyone know how full the class is right now or when the latest they'll possibly let all the waitlisted applicants know by?
Also are there a lot of people that get taken off the waitlist?

Trying my best to keep positive and stay patient but I'm literally so anxious because I haven't heard back yet, Touro is my top choice :(

Sending good luck & positive vibes to all of us on the WL!!

Hii!! Don’t lose hope! I’ve been told a lot of people get off the waitlist! And from attending their info sessions, I think they have until the day before or the day of orientation to notify you.

Hope you hear back from them soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Hii!! Don’t lose hope! I’ve been told a lot of people get off the waitlist! And from attending their info sessions, I think they have until the day before or the day of orientation to notify you.

Hope you hear back from them soon!
Second this! Don't lose hope and good luck!

I got accepted into a different program and withdrew my acceptance today. Hope this seat goes to one of you guys on the waitlist! I was able to visit the island to look for housing and spoke to a student who was in the master's program and is now a second year med student. It seems that the community here is amazing and he said 44/45 students who attended the master's in 2021 got into Touro's DO school.

I GOT IN!!! received a phone call from Naisha this morning 😭 I'm so excited to start!
I am planning to do first sem online and the second in person too!

Question about orientation, are you able to complete it online? or does it have to be in person.

Reactions: 1 users
I GOT IN!!! received a phone call from Naisha this morning 😭 I'm so excited to start!
I am planning to do first sem online and the second in person too!

Question about orientation, are you able to complete it online? or does it have to be in person.
u can do it online

Yo! Just got accepted yesterday and now I'm scavenging to find apartments and connect with other people who will also be attending this fall. Look forward to meeting everyone, did anyone create a GroupMe or a Facebook group?

You can look for housing on the TUConnect website in the Marketplace section. I don't think they have a Facebook group.

You can look for housing on the TUConnect website in the Marketplace section. I don't think they have a Facebook group.
It's not letting me sign in to CampusGroups even when I use my Touro One login - is there another way around this or do I just have to contact the school tomorrow?

It's not letting me sign in to CampusGroups even when I use my Touro One login - is there another way around this or do I just have to contact the school tomorrow?
You’ll probably have to wait to get processed into the program. Happened to me too 🥲

Hi everyone! I was a late acceptance so I’m so super in the dark rn as far orientation details and online vs in person. First question is regarding orientation. How do we know we can do it online, and do we need any special authorization from Touro. Second question and most important, online vs in person. I see several people saying they will do first semester online and second in person, do we have confirmation that we are in fact able to do that because that would be ideal for me as well. Last question, when do we make the selection of in person vs online? The classes showing up on my Touro one account all say classroom type, does that mean I’m locked in for the for the first semester? Thank you guys!!

after orientation there is a survey that goes out asking if you want to do online or in person. I personally did both online. There will be another survey for spring semester, so the first one is just for fall semester.
Orientation can and should be offered online. Last year it was all online, but I think this year it might be hybrid where it is in person but a zoom room will be open and it will project the in person orientation.
As for housing, the best place to look is on facebook, tuc connect, or if you want your own place or get roommates together from here since I see a lot of you guys are looking for housing, maybe look at apartment complexes and sign lease together?
Hi everyone! I was a late acceptance so I’m so super in the dark rn as far orientation details and online vs in person. First question is regarding orientation. How do we know we can do it online, and do we need any special authorization from Touro. Second question and most important, online vs in person. I see several people saying they will do first semester online and second in person, do we have confirmation that we are in fact able to do that because that would be ideal for me as well. Last question, when do we make the selection of in person vs online? The classes showing up on my Touro one account all say classroom type, does that mean I’m locked in for the for the first semester? Thank you guys!!

after orientation there is a survey that goes out asking if you want to do online or in person. I personally did both online. There will be another survey for spring semester, so the first one is just for fall semester.
Orientation can and should be offered online. Last year it was all online, but I think this year it might be hybrid where it is in person but a zoom room will be open and it will project the in person orientation.
As for housing, the best place to look is on facebook, tuc connect, or if you want your own place or get roommates together from here since I see a lot of you guys are looking for housing, maybe look at apartment complexes and sign lease together?
Got it. Very helpful. By chance do you happened to know what the mandatory “learning events” are? I understand tests fall into that category, but do lectures count too? I’m trying to decide between online and in person.

Got it. Very helpful. By chance do you happened to know what the mandatory “learning events” are? I understand tests fall into that category, but do lectures count too? I’m trying to decide between online and in person.
TBL's also known as group activities are mandatory, quizzes etc are mandatory as a lot of them are in and during class time, labs are mandatory including online labs, so like for molecular bio, you use online resources to look at slides of different tissue etc. For in person, you use a microscope, and for group work, you get with your group like sit with them and do the work. Also the TBL groups will be the same across the semester for each class. They will change sometimes depending on if people drop the program, or take a leave of absence but usually the same for the entire semester.

You’ll probably have to wait to get processed into the program. Happened to me too 🥲
Aww man that has me a little nervous, because besides this forum it doesn't look like there's any other way to connect with students and find a possible roommate in time :rofl:

There's no Facebook group for MSMHS 2023-2024, but there is one for the year prior so that's a start

Last edited:
Aww man that has me a little nervous, because besides this forum it doesn't look like there's any other way to connect with students and find a possible roommate in time :rofl:

There's no Facebook group for MSMHS 2023-2024, but there is one for the year prior so that's a start
my class used group me heavily so i would have someone make one and share it on here, during orientation, and maybe even with past students, like myself!

Does anyone know if we opted in for online orientation if we will have a program on Tuesday or is that just the day of service?

Also does this school ever do a drug test? Asking for a friend but I assumed they would have asked for one by now

Does anyone know if we opted in for online orientation if we will have a program on Tuesday or is that just the day of service?
No idea, Idek what the online orientation entails but I emailed admissions because I needed the link to access it and do it. Is it a scheduled thing just like the in person or are supposed to do it on your own time?

let me know if yall have any other questions
I know you did the program online, but do you remember if they said anything about dress code/appearance? Can guys have facial hair? Stuff like that, can’t seem to find out after some quick searches

my class used group me heavily so i would have someone make one and share it on here, during orientation, and maybe even with past students, like myself!
Hello there, I am planning on applying for the MSMHS program for the 2024-2025 year. I unfortunately have a C minus on a ochem class, but that is considered passing for my university. Do you think that the adcoms will be lenient on the c minus especially if my gpa and mcat are above average for the program. Please respond if you can. Thank you

Hello there, I am planning on applying for the MSMHS program for the 2024-2025 year. I unfortunately have a C minus on a ochem class, but that is considered passing for my university. Do you think that the adcoms will be lenient on the c minus especially if my gpa and mcat are above average for the program. Please respond if you can. Thank you
I would talk to Naisha Bible about this! She is a great resource and will be honest with you. Her info should be on the website.

I would talk to Naisha Bible about this! She is a great resource and will be honest with you. Her info should be on the website.
Thank you, I emailed her but have not heard a response. Should I have my hopes up. What do you think. Thanks for responding in the first place.

Hey guys! Im trying to apply for the program but its not showing up on PostBacCas, any idea when the program will be up again to apply?

I had a mcat score in the 49x range and I chose to retake it and got a lower mcat score in the 49x range but still above the minimum required for the interview for the college of medicine. Is that a red flag?

I had a mcat score in the 49x range and I chose to retake it and got a lower mcat score in the 49x range but still above the minimum required for the interview for the college of medicine. Is that a red flag?
no, just do well in the masters program.