Tough interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optics2020

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey for all the people who went for an interview, did anyone get asked a very difficult question or a question that you know no answer to. I've noticed that some people where asked questions about politics, etc. Some questions seem totally random, so if you encounter questions that you have no answer for what do you say without making a fool out of yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

I was asked if I have follow politics when I interviewed at SUNY, and then asked what specific parts of the politics or the upcoming election is concerning our health care field. I think it's good to read the health section in the post to have some topics to talk about. Universal health care system being a good one.

Oh wow, that sounds like a tough one! :S One question I was asked that wasn't necessarily difficult but that I just wished I had more time to think about was, "What will be the hardest part about transitioning from undergrad to grad school?", or something along those lines.

I was pretty much asked the same question at SUNY but all you just gotta do is read the newspaper once in a while.

Another question i found tricky was who i could have dinner with if i could choose anyone.