Total Rad Onc Applicants Shoot Back Up To Exceed 2019 Level

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ASTRO is now harassing me weekly by email to post my non-existent jobs to their job board.

1663780557349.png

So sweet of them to offer a $750 discount to little Rad Onc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It is worth it just for the red journal subscription and if your job pays for it why not? Join ACRO too!

Reactions: 1 users
Because JCAHO, essentially

In cahoots with the whole pain cabal
I believe this is also harped on by APEX accreditation (not sure about the others).

As long as regulation requires it, not much we can do

Reactions: 5 users
Physicians should not be assessing pain or creating a pain management plan at every visit. It's a sure fire way to get excessive narcotics prescribed.

Everyone hurts, all the time. Suck it up. (or irradiate it)
You're trying to apply logic and reason to a CMS rule. Not going to work.

• Haha
We’ve decided to take the hit and just not do it

Whatever bonus they want to pay me isn’t worth the moral injury

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Physicians should not be assessing pain or creating a pain management plan at every visit. It's a sure fire way to get excessive narcotics prescribed.

Everyone hurts, all the time. Suck it up. (or irradiate it)
I don't do numerical pain assessments... and no one has asked me to.

As far as I am concerned, there are only 6 ways to describe the intensity of pain (well-controlled, poorly-controlled, improving, worsening, consistent, and resolved)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

As far as I am concerned, there are only 6 ways to describe the intensity of pain (well-controlled, poorly-controlled, improving, worsening, consistent, and resolved)
I like this

I love that. APEx does not require the assessment to be numerical, although they have lots of unwritten rules written by the most honest people.

Reactions: 4 users
I love that. APEx does not require the assessment to be numerical, although they have lots of unwritten rules written by the most honest people.
Good thing this is not the real Matt Spraker
They will hunt you down with poorly worded emails with all caps and exclamation points

• Haha
Y'all forgetting that pain is the 5th vital sign, at least I heard that harped on sometime during med school.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Stealing this...

Reactions: 3 users
An admin emailed me last year because the percentage of patients with a pain score documented in my notes was too low. They were going to set up a one hour training about the pain score's importance and how to document it.

I apologized profusely, and now it's in practically every note. I never scheduled that training.
In 2022, maybe useful as part of an arthritis screening protocol?

Reactions: 2 users

Same to bolded. Even for APex I don't think it was necessary. Just that if there was pain, you had to document what your pain management plan was (tolerable vs continue meds vs will Rx meds vs pain management to manage)

Anyone know the number of applicants for this year in rad onc?