****tmdsas 2010****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I graduated from Ut austin 09 with a sc gpa of 3.0 and total of 3.3. Dat 19.4. I did not get into any of the texas /out of state schools. Currently enrolled in a post bac biomedical science certification at utd . It is basically doing upper division course work as you can see i need to strengthen my gpa. I do not intend takingthe dat again as baylor told me to work on my gpa.
Theprogram you are talking about sounds interesting but is it a guarantee to dental school . Right now it is convenient for me to stay home and drive to utd and I also work at a dental office two times a week. Is it worth moving to san antonio giving up my work and incurring more expenses( accomadation).
I have also applied to the master program at Boston University and should know my status in a couple of weeks.
Give me your advice. How much is it recognised by Baylor and out of state schools .
Thanks

when did you apply? and to how many schools? im in a similar situation to you, and am really nervous

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at Houston today. I'm out of State and accepted at another out of State school so I guess I'm not concerned either way. Just wanted to add to the available info for those who are still waiting for news. Good luck everyone!

I just though of doing this today, but I just counted how many people one of our emails from UTHSCSA was sent to. It was an email from 4/13 and it was sent to 84 people. So for anyone waiting on SA there should still be hope. Good luck everyone!

Alternate list at UTDB. and I know another person who got the email today

interviewed in september at UTDB and still haven't received so much as a peep. bizarre!

I just though of doing this today, but I just counted how many people one of our emails from UTHSCSA was sent to. It was an email from 4/13 and it was sent to 84 people. So for anyone waiting on SA there should still be hope. Good luck everyone!

Do we know if San Antonio has sent out a waitlist?

interviewed in september at UTDB and still haven't received so much as a peep. bizarre!

Each school has it's own idiosyncrasies. Are you in a snit because one acceptance is not enough?

Last edited:
UTDB rejection email @ 10AM this morning. if you didn't get wait-listed a couple days ago, then you should have one of these awesome emails waiting for you in the inbox

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from Houston as well.

Oh well. Better luck next year :) Off to post in the 2011 thread... haha.

I haven't heard ANYTHING from UTDB....interviewed in Feb...no rejection...no waitlist...no acceptance...
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I haven't heard ANYTHING from UTDB....interviewed in Feb...no rejection...no waitlist...no acceptance...
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I would probably call or email them.

hi i've been a silent reader here but just letting you know i was placed on the waitlist at utdb last week sometime and received an acceptance yesterday by email. i thought i had no chance since i was waitlisted, but i guess that lets the rest of you know that there is still hope. good luck!

hi i've been a silent reader here but just letting you know i was placed on the waitlist at utdb last week sometime and received an acceptance yesterday by email. i thought i had no chance since i was waitlisted, but i guess that lets the rest of you know that there is still hope. good luck!

Holy crap that's awesome! Congrats!

congrats, join the FB group!

Too late classmate! Already invited him/her!:smuggrin:

lol. What's your name? It'd be nice to put a face to Mr. Astro (BTW not doing too well, at least Carlos Lee finally got a HR)

lol. What's your name? It'd be nice to put a face to Mr. Astro (BTW not doing too well, at least Carlos Lee finally got a HR)

We met at Howl at the Moon. I'm "the Governor of California"! (How's that for a hint? How's your last semester going fellow-Coog? Don't even remind me of these 'Stros! They lost like 6-7 straight. I feel sorry for Oswalt and Berkman cuz they're not even close to being good again. I would ask to be traded if I were them and it would help the Astros build their farm system back up.

has anyone heard from uthscsa? rejection/waitlist?

We met at Howl at the Moon. I'm "the Governor of California"! (How's that for a hint? How's your last semester going fellow-Coog? Don't even remind me of these 'Stros! They lost like 6-7 straight. I feel sorry for Oswalt and Berkman cuz they're not even close to being good again. I would ask to be traded if I were them and it would help the Astros build their farm system back up.

Ha, I know who you are now. The Astros are such a tease, they made it back to 8-10 before they lost another 7 straight...it's going to be a long season :mad:

Ha, I know who you are now. The Astros are such a tease, they made it back to 8-10 before they lost another 7 straight...it's going to be a long season :mad:

Now I'm curious as to who you are my friend. Your predents account doesn't give me any clues.

I just wanted to share.... I received a letter about being put on the alternative list at BAYLOR the last week in April. Even though I live in Dallas and have always wanted to go to Baylor I received an acceptance from an OOS school, placed my deposit and prepared myself for the big move. Its a really great school and I was happy. So this Monday 5/3 Janet calls me from Baylor to ask if I wanted to be place on the list, and originally I didn't but after she told me I was #1 on the list I changed my mind and decided to accept being on the waiting list.
Then finally, she called again to tell me I was accepted! She called today Fri 5/7. I was so happy yet I find myself in a tough spot because I have to choose between 2 great schools. I will try to make my decision as soon as possible though.
I am a 2nd time applicant, last year I had no interviews and this year I got acceptances from the only 2 schools I ever saw myself going to. What a dramatic change. And really if you have passion for dentistry then you will do what it takes to get into school.
Also... I did not write this to brag or even complain. I know I am very lucky to be in the position that I am. I just wanted to share the info regarding Baylor's waitlist... at least its moving. PM me u have questions or need encouragement.

I just wanted to share.... I received a letter about being put on the alternative list at BAYLOR the last week in April. Even though I live in Dallas and have always wanted to go to Baylor I received an acceptance from an OOS school, placed my deposit and prepared myself for the big move. Its a really great school and I was happy. So this Monday 5/3 Janet calls me from Baylor to ask if I wanted to be place on the list, and originally I didn't but after she told me I was #1 on the list I changed my mind and decided to accept being on the waiting list.
Then finally, she called again to tell me I was accepted! She called today Fri 5/7. I was so happy yet I find myself in a tough spot because I have to choose between 2 great schools. I will try to make my decision as soon as possible though.
I am a 2nd time applicant, last year I had no interviews and this year I got acceptances from the only 2 schools I ever saw myself going to. What a dramatic change. And really if you have passion for dentistry then you will do what it takes to get into school.
Also... I did not write this to brag or even complain. I know I am very lucky to be in the position that I am. I just wanted to share the info regarding Baylor's waitlist... at least its moving. PM me u have questions or need encouragement.

Congratulations! That's so fantastic!!!! :)

What are your stats like?

If you have been accepted at an OOS school and a Texas school and you are a Texas resident you will be a minimum of $100K ahead going to Baylor. I had a doctor friend tell me that any Texas resident that goes to an out of state school when accepted in Texas should have their head examined. Baylor is a good school. Unless you have a hefty scholarship offer from the OOS school, stick with Baylor. ("Sorry" to the next person on Baylor's waitlist).

Congrats, you've got a big decision to make, must feel good!

Let us know what you decide, there are a number of us on Baylor's waitlist that as you can imagine are very anxious!

If you have been accepted at an OOS school and a Texas school and you are a Texas resident you will be a minimum of $100K ahead going to Baylor. I had a doctor friend tell me that any Texas resident that goes to an out of state school when accepted in Texas should have their head examined. Baylor is a good school. Unless you have a hefty scholarship offer from the OOS school, stick with Baylor. ("Sorry" to the next person on Baylor's waitlist).

You're right, Baylor is a billion dollars cheaper but still a very good school. I don't come from a wealthy background at all. But I know its not all about money. Either way I will still come out in debt.

Congrats, you've got a big decision to make, must feel good!

Let us know what you decide, there are a number of us on Baylor's waitlist that as you can imagine are very anxious!

Thanks! My decision will probably be made by the end of this upcoming week. I feel bad for ppl still on the list, don't want to make them wait too long.

Thanks! My decision will probably be made by the end of this upcoming week. I feel bad for ppl still on the list, don't want to make them wait too long.

wow, congrats.

i can't lie, i'm a bit jealous but your post also makes me hopeful. i'm so surprised janet told you, your exact spot and you were number one on the list. but also at the same time- i'm excited the list is moving.

good luck with your decision, in the end its whereever you feel most comfortable and happiest. :)

Rejected from Baylor via snail mail. I'm going to call and find out what was lacking, given how positive my interview seemed.

WOW that is awesome you got accepted to Baylor. Do they tell you your position if you ask or was just bc you were the next one? I am just wondering if I should ask that question to Janet?

WOW that is awesome you got accepted to Baylor. Do they tell you your position if you ask or was just bc you were the next one? I am just wondering if I should ask that question to Janet?

Haha, no kidding. I've been thinking about calling Janet all weekend to ask. If it weren't for the fact that I called last week, I probably would. I don't think she'll say though. Probably only told DDSfuture because he/she was no. 1 on the list.

But if you do call and ask, let us know what she says lol.

Last edited:
I called her and she gave me a general idea of where I was on the list... soooo pretty much... she told me I wasn't anywhere close to being in the top 5.

Guess I won't worry about it. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

I called her and she gave me a general idea of where I was on the list... soooo pretty much... she told me I wasn't anywhere close to being in the top 5.

Guess I won't worry about it. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

how did you ask? man yall make me want to call too.

i emailed UTHSCSA this morning this was the response "Acceptances are continuing to be on a rolling basis until the class if filled. As of this moment, the class has not been filled.
Thank you."

so yeah. back to the waiting game we go, atleast we have something to be waiting for :oops:

how did you ask? man yall make me want to call too.

i emailed UTHSCSA this morning this was the response "Acceptances are continuing to be on a rolling basis until the class if filled. As of this moment, the class has not been filled.
Thank you."

so yeah. back to the waiting game we go, atleast we have something to be waiting for :oops:

hey who did you email? and if you don't mind... can you message me the email address or post it here? :)

I interviewed there in Jan... but haven't heard yes, no, maybe.... haven't heard anything.

You were accepted by 2 schools and you are worried why Baylor rejected you?

Not worried so much as curious. It was far and away my most positive interview out of the ones I had, and my #1 choice. I'm happy with houston though, believe me.

Not worried so much as curious. It was far and away my most positive interview out of the ones I had, and my #1 choice. I'm happy with houston though, believe me.

That would be the mark of an excellent interviewer; the one that makes you feel like you are their number 1 choice.

I talked to SA's dental school today and they told me they are sendingout some acceptance letters today by email.