****tmdsas 2010****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news from SA? Should we be hearing back this week?

No I have not heard anything!!! I am dying!!! But maybe me not hearing anything will give everyone else who has not heard anything some hope! :)
Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

we just have to keep hanging in there! its getting really annoying. Btw do texas schools send out rejection letters at all?

I don't know about the rejection letters question... my gut says probably not until they all make their waiting/alternate lists.

Does anybody elses stomach drop a little bit every time there's a new post in here? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
we just have to keep hanging in there! its getting really annoying. Btw do texas schools send out rejection letters at all?

my friends said baylor sent out rejects to those that were not invited to an interview.

but hang in there since waitlist are being created and some people are still waiting to hear from their dream school that have spots elsewhere :xf:

best of luck you guys. enjoy V Day this weekend.

No I have not heard anything!!! I am dying!!! But maybe me not hearing anything will give everyone else who has not heard anything some hope! :)
Best of luck!

is that really you in your profile picture?:eek:

yeah i know how ya'll feel everytime theres a post. i was hoping to hear from sa. maybe tomr :xf:

I don't know about the rejection letters question... my gut says probably not until they all make their waiting/alternate lists.

Does anybody elses stomach drop a little bit every time there's a new post in here? lol

Thought I was the only one! Lol

Every time there's a new post, I'm thinking "OH MY GOD, SOMEONE JUST RECEIVED AN ACCEPTANCE..AND I DIDN'T GET ONE!" followed by checking my email constantly and hitting the Refresh button.
:laugh:

Hehe so true. But I am happy that a forum like this exists. It is good to know you are not the only one fighting for your dream and that other people face similar struggles as yourself. It calms me down. I was a premed interviewed at all 7 med schools in texas and then decided I didnt want to take that route and here i am interviewed with 3 texas dental school and still no luck. I dont know if it is bc of me being a premed last time i applied through tmdsas or that my luck just sux...lol whichever I just want to get back in school in Texas.

Just heard from Dr. Segura that the acceptance process from UTHSCSA won't end until about mid-March.

I really thought about posting that I got into Houston today but decided that might be too cruel! Haha!

Sooo, quick question, and it pretty much only applies to those that go to school or went to UTA (TexanGal, xlonghornsx).

Have you ever wondered why UTA's predental group is joined with the premeds?

I'm sorry but I think that's ridiculous. Optometry has their own group, pharmacy has their own group but us predents don't!? I think the predental students could benefit from being separate, even if we only met once or twice a month! What do yall think?

I really thought about posting that I got into Houston today but decided that might be too cruel! Haha!

Sooo, quick question, and it pretty much only applies to those that go to school or went to UTA (TexanGal, xlonghornsx).

Have you ever wondered why UTA's predental group is joined with the premeds?

I'm sorry but I think that's ridiculous. Optometry has their own group, pharmacy has their own group but us predents don't!? I think the predental students could benefit from being separate, even if we only met once or twice a month! What do yall think?

I always thought we had a smaller Pre-Dental society, but I never knew how to join or when their meetings were. However, whenever I did attend the MDPA meetings, I noticed that there were A LOT of pre-meds and not that many pre-dents. Maybe that's why they decided to combine the two. I definitely agree that if we had a separate group, it would have been a lot more beneficial.

Alan you're very right. I was VP (the person that doesn't really do anything haha) this past year and I remember bringing that question up and they said that there had been a group just for pre-dents before but that there weren't many members and so it just kinda simmered away... so they just combined it with the pre-med group. I think that there are a ton more pre-dents now though... and it really would be beneficial to have our own group. I'm gone now though so it doesn't really bother me... haha, but you should think of starting something up! I know you'd need a sponsor though and I think 10 members to petition a group? I can find the information on that if you want.

Alan you're very right. I was VP (the person that doesn't really do anything haha) this past year and I remember bringing that question up and they said that there had been a group just for pre-dents before but that there weren't many members and so it just kinda simmered away... so they just combined it with the pre-med group. I think that there are a ton more pre-dents now though... and it really would be beneficial to have our own group. I'm gone now though so it doesn't really bother me... haha, but you should think of starting something up! I know you'd need a sponsor though and I think 10 members to petition a group? I can find the information on that if you want.

It would be really interesting to start one up. Personally, I think there's a lot of predents but they're just not active in the group because it's geared pretty heavily towards premeds. And then, when they DO have a speaker that predents would be interested in, they don't advertise it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if Houston is going to send any acceptances out tomorrow...

Decided to call UTHSC-SA because I was starting to get worried about the email I sent a month ago withdrawing my acceptance since they never responded back. Just found out that they never received it, so I officially withdrew today (again). So hopefully that will open up a spot for someone and I hope you find out soon!!!:xf: Good luck!:thumbup:

Decided to call UTHSC-SA because I was starting to get worried about the email I sent a month ago withdrawing my acceptance since they never responded back. Just found out that they never received it, so I officially withdrew today (again). So hopefully that will open up a spot for someone and I hope you find out soon!!!:xf: Good luck!:thumbup:

thanks, i havent heard of anyone receiving anything from SA last week. maybe this week someone will hear something

YAYYYY! I hope it is me! I wonder how many spots are even left..hmm

Houston's last interview day is on Monday, February 22 and they won't be making any more decisions until after the interviews are finished. There won't be any acceptance letters sent until after Monday.

Houston's last interview day is on Monday, February 22 and they won't be making any more decisions until after the interviews are finished. There won't be any acceptance letters sent until after Monday.

Thanks for the info! Any idea how many people they've got deposited at this point?

I know that there is an admissions meeting scheduled for Tues FEB 23rd voting on applicants. I wouldn't expect the acceptance letters to go out the following Monday (although I could be wrong) since our spring break is fomo Monday March 1 to Friday March 5.

I know that there is an admissions meeting scheduled for Tues FEB 23rd voting on applicants. I wouldn't expect the acceptance letters to go out the following Monday (although I could be wrong) since our spring break is fomo Monday March 1 to Friday March 5.

Maybe they'll send them next week before yall go to spring break

The week of Feb 22-Feb 26 is next week which is the week before spring break.

I think he meant next week sometime after Tuesday! :) lol, Dr. P told me they'd be sending out acceptances during the last week of February!

Just received an email concerning my application to UTHSCSA - Rejection. I did not interview there. Just a heads up.

Maybe they filled their class?

got one too...kinda weird to get one on a sunday of all days....i was just finishing up dinner with some ppl from my church and i was alerted of a new email on my phone. oh well, i got in out of state so its not a total loss.

Rejection from SA. Knew it was coming.

i'm sorry to hear that guys. atleast theres still hope at houston & baylor alan.

hopefully this means SA will be sending out some more acceptances soon.

goodluck guys:xf:

got one too...kinda weird to get one on a sunday of all days....i was just finishing up dinner with some ppl from my church and i was alerted of a new email on my phone. oh well, i got in out of state so its not a total loss.

Did you interview at SA?

Was also rejected from houston but I'll get in next year I can sense it, the tide is turning. Keep your head up...:) God's breathing new life into your dreams!
Remember its always darkest before dawn. To anyone applying next year to Baylor I'll see you there

God Bless:)

I'm guessing no one's heard anything or heard of anyone that's heard anything recently?

Nope. Nothing at all. I try to avoid checking my email and student doctor save once a day. The stress is just way too much!

Stay strong everyone!

I'm guessing no one's heard anything or heard of anyone that's heard anything recently?

After rereading this I have officially decided I need help and will be taking a break from SDN for an indefinite amount of time. Thanks. :)

It's getting to the point now where I have my computer on my email page at ALL times. And every time I see a new message, my heart starts racing....and then drops.

This waiting is absolutely torturing me! I hope we all hear some good news soon to end this madness :)

It's getting to the point now where I have my computer on my email page at ALL times. And every time I see a new message, my heart starts racing....and then drops.

This waiting is absolutely torturing me! I hope we all hear some good news soon to end this madness :)

omg i know how you feel, i have my email forwarded to my phone, anytime i see the little email box my heart skips a little. :oops:

The last few post have made me laugh!!! It is funny when you realize you're not the only one suffering! lol... This waiting IS def a form of torcher! lol

I just got in UTHSCSA!!! There is still hope!!! I am sooo excited!!!! It was sent at 12:23 AM! WHOOP WHOOP

I just got in UTHSCSA!!! There is still hope!!! I am sooo excited!!!! It was sent at 12:23 AM! WHOOP WHOOP

congrat!!

I got it too, but I will attend UTDB and inform SA shortly, so one more spot for those waiting to hear from SA.

congrat!!

I got it too, but I will attend UTDB and inform SA shortly, so one more spot for those waiting to hear from SA.

Hey Solstice, are you replying back to the email address that they sent the acceptance from? Let me know if they respond back to you to confirm your withdrawal. I have yet to hear back from them.

To the people that just got in, when did y'all interview?