****tmdsas 2010****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so sa did send out second round today? or only letters and the emails will be tomorrow? i hope i get one tomorrow. :oops:

thanks for keeping us updated guys. best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you speak with someone who said they have emailed/mailed anything?!!
I just called them and spoke with registrar office, they said that they have mailed some acceptance today, but they did not email anything. They are working to send emails out, but it will most probabbly will be tomorrow.

The person that picked up when I called was a dude. He did not know the information about when 2nd round goes out, so he went to ask someone and then came back to tell me that they will be mailed today. When I asked if email were already sent out, he said yes, which could be incorrect ( I hope so :xf: )

Members don't see this ad :)
@txsoonerfan, my average was an 18. I did realllllly bad in the PAT and QR (under 18).

Well, I'm surprised they didn't take you anyway with your GPA. I haven't finished my undergrad yet so I get nervous when I see high GPA applicants struggle to get in. Baylor is my school of choice just because I don't want to move since I have a family.

If your DAT was even a hair higher, you would be in fantastic shape. I bet you still get in.

Good luck! :)

yall are making me nervous, its like dec 1st all over again.

I think I'm gonna hurl.

Hopefully, txlonghorn was fed misleading info and emails will be sent tomorrow. :) Wishing the best of luck to everyone.

all I see are people (like me) posting about not receiving anything in the mail/email so that makes me wonder how many offers were given out during the 2nd round of acceptances...

Update: I called and spoke with Sandra, and she mentioned that snail mail letters have been sent out. As for emails, they have been having issues, so the tech team is working on trying to send them out.

Sorry to everyone for my post yesterday, but I was provided bad information about emails. I guess there is still hope!

thanks for clarifying that, I've been checking my phone every cance I get since 730 this morning!

Update: I called and spoke with Sandra, and she mentioned that snail mail letters have been sent out. As for emails, they have been having issues, so the tech team is working on trying to send them out.

Sorry to everyone for my post yesterday, but I was provided bad information about emails. I guess there is still hope!

Just got this from UTHSC-SA

Congratulations! from The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School

it is an email and was timestamped today (1/26) at 1:31 PM so check your emails.

I'll be rejecting there offer as I am going to UTDB- Houston.

Check your email folks

Members don't see this ad :)
Houston Also sent some emails today.

Wow Solstice you got a quick turn around. I saw on predents that you interviewed a few weeks back and already got news. That's awesome. So where are you going to attend?

Wow this really sucks, I guess I didn't get into Houston either. Congrats solstice!

This does really suck. I've been on SDN for a while and I always see you helping other people out. Don't give up man!!! Things will work out for good people eventually. I truly believe that!

Wow this really sucks, I guess I didn't get into Houston either. Congrats solstice!

Thanks Alanan84,
Do not lose hope man; Houston is very slow and I bet they still have half of the seats available. I can not say anything about Baylor though.

Wow Solstice you got a quick turn around. I saw on predents that you interviewed a few weeks back and already got news. That's awesome. So where are you going to attend?

I know I was surprised myself, but NYU turnaround was even shorter (just a week). I read the WHOLE email thinking it is from San Antonio, until I figured my mistake and now my email server is down and can not check to see if I have anything from SA.

Well, no email for her, so I guess she is not in. Congrats to all that got in! I will be applying/competing with her next cycle.

nothing from SA :(. I have a lot of hopes for my feb 1st interview at UT houston, but the way they are giving out acceptances I see very less chances there too.

i'm hoping they had a problem with my email and maybe i'll find out via snail mail.

Has anyone else heard from San Antonio other than le14, or know of anyone else?

i havent heard anything and either has one of my other friends who interviewed there.

a couple of my friends recently heard from UTHSC-SA and other heard from Houston today!!!

dont give up guys!

Congrats to everyone who heard good news today =)

These boards are so toxic to my health. I think I'm developing an ulcer.

Nothing from San Antonio either :( Congrats to those that did hear the good news!

Anyone receive the email about Baylor's Post-Bacc program?

Just wondering, because I hope this doesn't mean I'm officially out of the running :/

yeah i got it too, i got super excited thinking it was an acceptance to baylor. my phone couldnt open it fast enough... :(

Just wondering, because I hope this doesn't mean I'm officially out of the running :/

I got it too. I don't think it means you're out of the running.

I also received the post bach email. Do they send these out to everyone?

I got the post-bacc email as well, I am wondering if they sent this only to those who got interviewed or everyone who applied?

maybe that was their way of nicely rejecting us before the official letter comes in?

I was excited that a university so close was offering a postbac. Till I read the part where it only applies to "underprivileged"...

I know right...why send this offer out to everyone just to make us even more sad about not being able to apply because of the so many economically disadvantaged requirements.

Dear TMDSAS I'm sorry that I submitted my application so late in the cycle but I would really like to get in this year!! Im not at all looking forward to reapplying for 2011...If any of the three schools could just make that happen that would be just peachy!!! P.S. in the "rare" case that I DONT get in at all this year, I'm having such a grand ole time taking 15 additional hours of upper level bio classes to prepare for the next cycle!! Thanks and Gig'em from a weary, still hopeful, predental aggie :D

Does anybody know the name of the Dean of Admissions at UTDB? Haha that sounds like such a creepy question.

Does anybody know the name of the Dean of Admissions at UTDB? Haha that sounds like such a creepy question.

It was Dr. H Philip Pierpont.
I set up a meeting with him last year to go over my app but I didn't hear from them at all so I donno of having a meeting would help or not.

I set up a meeting with him last year to go over my app but I didn't hear from them at all so I donno of having a meeting would help or not.

I thought Dr. P was associate dean for student affairs?

I thought Dr. P was associate dean for student affairs?

Yeah i believe that's his title but apparently he's the one that handles mostly of who gets in and what not.
that was the person i was directed when i asked for a meeting with admission committee director.
if you are not sure, just call them and ask

Thanks buddy! :)

Dr. P is good at getting back to you with your questions or anything you might need, at least that was my experience with him. Last month, he allowed me to come visit the school because I felt that during my interview the tour of the school seemed a bit rushed and we didn't get to see much of the school. So Dr. P set up a date where I can come and talk to dental students. I even had a chance to attend classes with the 1st year students (which was pretty cool).

Anybody know how full UTDB is at this point?

has anyone heard from UTDB or Baylor? I had my interview for both last semester in October but I haven't gotten a rejection or anything yet. I got into SA which is awesome!

Btw, I also got that email from Baylor about the post-bac program. Maybe it's a rejection in disguise! lol

I had an interview at UTDB - Houston yesterday. Here is what Dr. Pierpont said:
* they will interview up until Feb 22
* they will hold spots until they interview everyone
* they have about fifty people "deposited" which means that fifty people have paid to hold their spot there (that could change as you can "deposit" at all three schools)
*Last year they gave out their last spot on April 16th (84 spots)
*Dr. Pierpont basically said "no news is good news"
* If they make an alternate list after all the spots are filled you will not be notified if you have made that list
* A 4th year told us that in her class 6 people were chosen from her interview date in Mid-January
*he basically asked everyone to be patient with the process, he assured us the adcomm evaluates everyone's application very carefully.

So its not exactly good news, but its not bad either!

Best of Luck to everyone!

I had an interview at UTDB - Houston yesterday. Here is what Dr. Pierpont said:
* they will interview up until Feb 22
* they will hold spots until they interview everyone
* they have about fifty people "deposited" which means that fifty people have paid to hold their spot there (that could change as you can "deposit" at all three schools)
*Last year they gave out their last spot on April 16th (84 spots)
*Dr. Pierpont basically said "no news is good news"
* If they make an alternate list after all the spots are filled you will not be notified if you have made that list
* A 4th year told us that in her class 6 people were chosen from her interview date in Mid-January
*he basically asked everyone to be patient with the process, he assured us the adcomm evaluates everyone's application very carefully.

So its not exactly good news, but its not bad either!

Best of Luck to everyone!

Thanks for the update!

has anyone heard from UTDB or Baylor? I had my interview for both last semester in October but I haven't gotten a rejection or anything yet. I got into SA which is awesome!

Btw, I also got that email from Baylor about the post-bac program. Maybe it's a rejection in disguise! lol

i havent heard from baylor, and i had my interview in sept. but dudee congrats on getting to SA. i wish i got in. i'm still waiting... i had my interview in jan.

best of luck to everyone. :)

Anybody know how full UTDB is at this point?

According to the facebook group, 47 people have joined already. I know facebook is not the best source, but this gives you a rough estimate since many people have a facebook. This estimate also correlates with a previous post stating that Dr. P said they have about 50 people that have paid deposits already.

Hang in there, and stay positive :thumbup:

If Houston is your #1 school, they are still sending acceptances unlike Baylor which has stopped until April (I believe).