Program-Specific Info / Q's TJU Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Husky19

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have my interview with Thomas Jefferson on Friday at 1 and was wondering if anyone had theirs already and had any advice? What kind of questions did they ask/anything that threw you off or weren't prepared for? Also, this might be a weird question but what about dress code? I know a large part of the day is touring around the school, so what did everyone wear? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I have my interview with Thomas Jefferson on Friday at 1 and was wondering if anyone had theirs already and had any advice? What kind of questions did they ask/anything that threw you off or weren't prepared for? Also, this might be a weird question but what about dress code? I know a large part of the day is touring around the school, so what did everyone wear? Thanks for the help!
I had mine a little over 2 weeks ago and it was a great experience! Advice wise just be confident in yourself, they have to want you for you and if you put up a front its really obvious. Be yourself and confident in the fact that you will make a great OT. The interviews are in groups so it give a bit of a support network (instead of competition which was what I was expecting). Dress code, wear comfortable shoes because it is a lot of walking. Most people wore pants, blouse, and a blazer. I wore a dress and a blazer and I thought I fit right in. As for questions that threw me off, they had us do a group activity which I thought was a genius way of interviewing us at one point. My advice is just come in know about the program with some questions and just be confident in who you are and that you will be a great OT! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I had mine a little over 2 weeks ago and it was a great experience! Advice wise just be confident in yourself, they have to want you for you and if you put up a front its really obvious. Be yourself and confident in the fact that you will make a great OT. The interviews are in groups so it give a bit of a support network (instead of competition which was what I was expecting). Dress code, wear comfortable shoes because it is a lot of walking. Most people wore pants, blouse, and a blazer. I wore a dress and a blazer and I thought I fit right in. As for questions that threw me off, they had us do a group activity which I thought was a genius way of interviewing us at one point. My advice is just come in know about the program with some questions and just be confident in who you are and that you will be a great OT! Good luck!

Hi! I am interviewing this week for Thomas Jefferson’s transfer program. Can you tell me what the interview was like? I am so terrified of this group interview!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you hear back from them? I will be attending there this fall and would love to connect with other students :)

Did