Program-Specific Info / Q's TJU/Temple Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slOT19

Reaction score
Hi! I am interviewing with TJU and Temple this week. I wanted to know from those who have interviewed with these schools what it was like!

Also what have you found to be the major pros and cons of each school :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed at both of those

At Jefferson, it was a group interview with 2 interviewers and about 6 prospective students. We took turns answering questions and then paired up for an activity where each pair was given a prompt and we had to come up with an idea/outline of a program we would set up for the people described in the prompt. Then there was a campus tour and a q and a with a couple of students and faculty. They have an awesome simulation center, that was the most impressive part of the school for me. The students were also genuinely enthusiastic about the program, which was expected but still nice to see. For me the cons were that the class size is a little bigger than I wanted, and there was also a fairly expensive deposit that you got very little time to pay, and it was the first school I heard back from so I wasn't ready to commit to a program at that time.

My Temple interview was a shorter phone interview, so I have much less information on the Temple program. It was kind of hard to hear the interviewer at times, she was driving to somewhere during the interview. So make sure you're in a place with great reception if you do this!

I did a phone interview with Temple and it was different from any other interview I had. They said they ask questions more about your perspective of the world, rather than specific OT questions. Things like situational questions, adversity, and social issues you care about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I interviewed at both of those

At Jefferson, it was a group interview with 2 interviewers and about 6 prospective students. We took turns answering questions and then paired up for an activity where each pair was given a prompt and we had to come up with an idea/outline of a program we would set up for the people described in the prompt. Then there was a campus tour and a q and a with a couple of students and faculty. They have an awesome simulation center, that was the most impressive part of the school for me. The students were also genuinely enthusiastic about the program, which was expected but still nice to see. For me the cons were that the class size is a little bigger than I wanted, and there was also a fairly expensive deposit that you got very little time to pay, and it was the first school I heard back from so I wasn't ready to commit to a program at that time.

My Temple interview was a shorter phone interview, so I have much less information on the Temple program. It was kind of hard to hear the interviewer at times, she was driving to somewhere during the interview. So make sure you're in a place with great reception if you do this!

Thank you so much!! Very helpful. Where did you decide to go?

I did a phone interview with Temple and it was different from any other interview I had. They said they ask questions more about your perspective of the world, rather than specific OT questions. Things like situational questions, adversity, and social issues you care about.

Oh wow that is very interesting and different!!

Thank you so much!! Very helpful. Where did you decide to go?

no problem! I put a deposit down at Tufts but I still am interested in a couple of programs I haven't heard back from, so not 100% sure yet. I ended up getting accepted to TJU and waitlisted at Temple (but recently took myself off the waitlist).

Anyone on the waitlist for Temple? They said the ranking would be made in February, wondering if anyone has heard back.

Did anyone get financial info with their Temple acceptance? Also does anyone know if there are opportunities for merit scholarships?